Post subject: Re: 2018 Success Mode
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 6:18 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
So from what I understand, there is no option to save your success mode file at all? What if someone simply doesn't have the time to play the mode in one sitting? 9 hours seems a bit extreme. I remember the MLBPP success modes taking about 2-3 hours in one sitting (as a fielder) if you actually took the time to read the text. That makes me wonder how it would be possible to even reach the game over screen as a pitcher in JPPY 18 :P

I've seen gameplay footage of a "board game" style quick character creator in JPPY '18 where you walk around the spaces of a board picking up perks to improve your player and at the end it kinda randomizes a few stats and pops out a custom player. Have you tried using that mode yet and if so, were the created players at least decent once you got the hang of it?

Does it feature only three schools by the way, and do the stories seem to interconnect/reference each other at any point or rather do the schools ever play against each other?

cooldude1045 wrote:

Also, I'm not sure I understand how passwords work now that I finished him. I can't see any way to find a full password for any players, if such a thing exists, there is a code number I thought might replace passwords, but when I was looking for where to put in that number, I found a spot to input passwords, so either they exist somehow, or that section is for importing players from different games. I did find where to input the numbers to add other people's players though, but it costs the in-game currency to import players into your game through that, so I'm not sure any players I made would even be worth posting.

A bit off topic but I gotta ask about the bold text: Do you need a japanese psn account if you wish to download other created players? I guess I should ask in general what online features require a japanese account (and which ones require a gold account) While I won't be trying my hand at online vs due to lag, it would suck to not be able to play the Live Scenario mode for that reason.

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 7:13 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
You can save and exit at pretty much any time, but the save file is deleted when you load it so you can't just exit out of the game after bad outcomes. The three schools have entirely separate stories, with the main similarity being all the manager/girlfriend characters are the same in each of them, and the teams can play against each other. Downloading players looked to only require the code, and nothing else.

Quote:
Hello
Though I am not a coach, I can coach, please trust me!

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 8:43 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
At least in my runthroughs, I found that the game doesn't take quite that long. My first (successful) playthrough of the Pawapuro mode took maybe 3-4 hours, and that was with a lot of breaks for translation and such.

The board game takes maybe 10-20 minutes and most players will turn out to be decent. A few will be downright horrible, while I've also gotten absolutely gorgeous players from there -- I had a Genius SP in the 2012 board game who ended up with 170/96/99 stats (with max being 170/100/100) and most of my BG guys so far have been good, but not great.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 9:36 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Updated this document again with just a bit more information on choices from the last school, including a bunch of stuff from the crow arc (doesn't include the epilogue because there's no choice there, you just get a reward there for going through it, not even a gold ability though).

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1kPb ... sp=sharing

Quote:
Hello

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2018 8:32 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

cooldude1045 wrote:
You can save and exit at pretty much any time, but the save file is deleted when you load it so you can't just exit out of the game after bad outcomes. The three schools have entirely separate stories, with the main similarity being all the manager/girlfriend characters are the same in each of them, and the teams can play against each other. Downloading players looked to only require the code, and nothing else.

I thought downloading players from the global list of uploaded characters required in-game currency? Why do we need the player creation code then? (im assuming you mean similar to the old success mode player passwords like we had in MLBPP)

That's a huge relief about the save files though. I wouldn't S/R unless I got a Goodjob event that went horribly anyways. At least that approach would prevent me from completely dominating in My Life mode later on.

AgentP wrote:
At least in my runthroughs, I found that the game doesn't take quite that long. My first (successful) playthrough of the Pawapuro mode took maybe 3-4 hours, and that was with a lot of breaks for translation and such.

The board game takes maybe 10-20 minutes and most players will turn out to be decent. A few will be downright horrible, while I've also gotten absolutely gorgeous players from there -- I had a Genius SP in the 2012 board game who ended up with 170/96/99 stats (with max being 170/100/100) and most of my BG guys so far have been good, but not great.

Theoretically that could mean the Success Mode stories are shorter than what we had in the MLBPP games. If so, that may be to counteract the no S/R thing mentioned before to prevent random events from messing your guy up constantly.

And thanks for answering the board game Agent. So basically, you can make a realistic non-OP team of created players in about 2-3 hours depending how many bad players (that you will have to erase) you end up with.

*Makes a mental note to get the game*

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:42 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

yeah you could easily make a full team in board game in like a regular day.

also ,,, hhh this game takes super long like... 3-4 hours doesn't seem that long but it IS that long when you have *(censored)* IMPATIENT FRIENDS WHO WANT TO PLAY MARIO KART

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:31 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

The couple things I'm wondering about the success mode at this point are...

1. At the third school, is there any kind of meaningful arc to the God character, or does he always just leave the entire story early on?
2. With that absurd girl who sells the overpriced books that give negative abilities, does she actually provide anything positive at any point?

I'd guess no on both because the site I've used as a reference for a lot of information doesn't provide anything useful for either of them.

Quote:
Hello

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:44 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Is it possible you may need a certain item to set a story arc in motion for the God character, kind of like Willy Legend from MLBPP'07?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:42 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I've come to the conclusion that this game mode is too Japanese. There's a pitcher with an original pitch that has bright green lights attached to it, I just don't understand how anyone could have thought that would be a good idea.

Quote:
Hello

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:09 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Found something that might help cut down the time it takes to play Success Mode...

You can press Options to skip any event and it just cuts directly to the choice/ending, you still get the same rewards as if you read through but it skips all the dialogue and such.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:18 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Also appears the scout meets you either on the 1st week of September, or whenever you've gotten enough coach eval to play in games. I somehow managed to build up enough to start in the very first game (batting 9th, but still) and the scout talked to me right before the game.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:34 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Also.... The higher your injury risk, the more points you will get from a successful practice.

For example I'm at Pawafuru doing strength practice at level 2. With 0% injury risk I will get 29 strength points, with 99% risk I will get 51 strength points.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote: