Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:35 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: The (K)New(er) Knights | The Asuka Archers
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 2:58 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
July 19, 2036
Mori’s Meats, Kyoto
17:30

Laisei pulled into the valet lot of Mori’s Meats. A rather tall man who looked to be in his mid-twenties and sporting a beard walked over to the car.

“Ah, Mr. Matsubara. Good to see you again.” He looked deeper into the car, “oh,” he noticed Tsuzumi sitting in the passenger’s seat, “And you as well, Ms. Tsukada.” He glossed over my meager presence (and massive excitement) in the backseat.
“Hey, how’s it going, kid?” Laisei unbuckled his seatbelt and handed the man his credit card.
“Not too bad.” He said as he swiped us in and swung the gate open. He handed Laisei his card back, “Just pull up a little bit.”
“I know the drill.”
He chuckled.

We all got out of the car, said our “thank you”s to the valet, and walked towards the entrance.
“Wow, Laisei!” I couldn’t help but gush, “Are you a regular here?”
“Heh, yeah, probably am at this point.”
“There’s really no ‘probably’ about it.” Tsuzumi cut in, “You’ve been coming here like three times a month for the better part of the last five years.”
“Well, the valet knew your name too, didn’t he?” I asked her
She smiled, “I’m not saying I’m not a regular. I’m a big fan of Mori’s me-” She stopped, surely realizing the potentially fatal speaking error she was about to make, “I’m a big fan of this restaurant.”
“Damn, that’s pretty cool. I love this place.” I said, the grandiose entrance standing right in front of me.
“Same here.” Laisei said as he pushed open the door.

The din of the restaurant was overwhelming on a summer's Saturday night, the waiters were running frantically from table to table, the fish tanks shone a dull blue, and the hostess was absolutely stunning. This place is wonderful...

The hostess saw us, and immediately recognized Laisei and Tsuzumi. "Oh! Laisei! Ms. Tsukada! Welcome back to Mori's! Will it just be the two of you tonight?"
"Nope." Laisei pointed at me, "we've got a third wheel tonight."

Third wheel? Holy shit, are Laisei and Tsuzumi dating? How did I never notice that...? That would make so much sense, but isn't he like a lot older...

I quickly ripped myself out of my head to find that I was staring blankly at the woman behind the little podium. "Uh..." I involuntarily 'uh'd. I followed up with a masterclass wave unbefitting the situation. She smiled in return.

"Well, there should be a table for three clearing up soon." She looked at the list of names, "I'll make sure you guys get it." She said with a wink.
"Thanks, Sawako."

After hearing the news of a slight wait, we took a seat on one of the benches in the entryway.
I couldn't get the thought that I had missed Laisei and Tsuzumi being an item for so long. The signs were all there... The coffee dates, the relaxed tone between them, the stereotypical secretary/boss relationship... And now this!
I have to ask them about it, but... How? I suppose I could just bring it up, but that may seem weird and isn't really any of my business. Hm...

I decided the best course of action was not to say anything about it all.

17:42

After a couple minute wait, some small talk between Laisei and Tsuzumi, and some silence from me, the hostess--Sawako, I think--walked over to us.

"Hey, Laisei. We've got a table for you all set."
"Oh! Great, thanks."
She led us through the labyrinthine main floor to our table. I sat across from Laisei and, to my surprise, Tsuzumi sat next to me.

Why wouldn't she sit next to Laisei? I internally rationalized it as them being very much opposed to being a "same-side couple," which I could respect. We chatted a bit, mainly about work, before our waitress--a short girl with wonderful chestnut brown hair--walked over to take our orders. She asked Tsuzumi first.
"I'll have the 10 ounce tenderloin and whatever Chardonnay you want to give me." She said confidently.

The waitress quickly scribbled her Tsuzumi's order in her little notepad and looked at me. I was flustered. I was nervous. She was adorable. "I'll filet have the... Mignon..." I fumbled around a simple sentence as if I was carrying a slicked pig(skin).

My face immediately turned red. Glad this is still happening into my thirties. My mind was racing, I needed to fix this. She looked at me, "what was that?" She asked, leaning closer to me to hear, as if I was a child afraid to speak to a stranger.

I cleared my throat, "filet mignon, please." I said, insanely cooley. She wrote it down. She turned to Laisei, "same." Was all he said.

"I'll be right back with those." She turned on her heels and sped off into the depths of the restaurant. I was still a bit frazzled.

Tsuzumi started laughing, "wow, Ryu." She said, amidst the giggles, "that was pretty smooth."
"I am the captain of cool, after all." I replied with a snap.
"Heh," Laisei scratched the top of his, "go easy on the kid, Tsuzumi. Any man in his position would be frazzled."
In my position? Puh-lease, I have plenty of experience with the ladies... I've only been single for, what, sev... Seven years now? Good god...

The thought sort of stayed in my head, and I kept quiet as Laisei and Tsuzumi talked to each other about their respective days.

"Oh yeah?" Laisei was particularly hung up on what Tsuzumi was eating, "you still only eating those salads?"
"Yeah, well..." Tsuzumi seemed hesitant to answer, "I, uh, I can't stay away from fried goat cheese and--hey!"
Laisei broke out in a fit of laughter I'd never seen, "holy shit, Tsuzu, even after what happened with Goro?! Hahahaha!"
"Shut up! I don't want to talk about that night, thank you very much."
"Uh..." I was very curious. Both Laisei and Tsuzumi turned their heads to face me, "who's Goro?"
"Oh my god. Oh my god! You've never heard the 'Goro Goat Cheese' story? Hooooly shit, it's a doozy."

--

philliesfan134 wrote:
B A C K B O Y Z

if it ain't Kim Ng managin', who it be

u'll see ;}

detroittigers15 wrote:
FOXES? THE FOXES ARE NOT THE (K)NEW(ER) KNIGHTS

???!!!

Tdud123 wrote:
I can't take the suspence! What did the fox say?

woof

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:23 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

July 19, 2036
Mori’s Meats, Kyoto
18:23

Laisei's face lit up like a bulb, and his professional tone all but completely evaporated, "so," he began, "Tsuzumi was, I dunno, like 22? I think?"

He cocked his head and looked towards the ceiling, "Oh nooo, yeah, it was her 22nd birthday party. Damn, this was like 4 years ago, huh? Anyways, so Tsuzumi was new to the office and we figured we should throw her a birthday party to welcome her to the team. So, one of the guys who works on the second floor--Goro's his name, he does some stuff for marketing--so Goro comes, and we don't really know him all that well. But he brings this like, huge *(censored)* bowl of salad with fried goat cheese in it. It was really *(censored)* good, but that's besides the point." Laisei chuckled, "Now, you see, Goro's a pretty big dude. He works the cameras for some of the Knights home games sometimes, but he used to be a construction worker when he was younger, so he's a big, meaty guy. I'm sure you can picture what he would look like. So when Tsuzu comes to the party--it was a surprise party, by the way--Goro--"

Tsuzumi quickly cut off what was becoming a roundabout tale about something I don't think I would be able to appreciate, "okay, okay, okay!" She waved her hands in front of her face, "that's good! No more talking about Goro for the evening."

As if by divine chance, just as she said that, our waitress returned with our food. Oh baby, can I not wait to devour this filet.

19:02

After some idle chat and some fantastic meat, Laisei footed the bill as he said he would, we said thank you to our waitress, and walked out the door.

After I stepped out of the portal to Mori's, I remembered that I completely forgot to ask about Laisei and Tsuzumi dating.

Oh they definitely are I thought, ”Tsuzu” is way too affectionate for anything else. I figured asking outright was the best option.

Laisei's car pulled up in front of us, as if on cue, and we all got in and buckled up. "Oh yeah," I muttered from the backseat, "there's something I wanted to ask you guys."
"What's up, kid?" Laisei asked, making eye contact with me through his rear view mirror.

"Are you two, uh... Dating?"
Laisei's left eyebrow propped itself up, his face losing its natural symmetry. Tsuzumi was actually the first one to break the silence.

"Ewwwwwgh"
"Yeah, hahahaha," Laisei started laughing, "no we're not dating, kid. Tsuzu's like family."
"Plus, everyone knows that Matsubara-san is *(censored)* Mayumi." Tsuzumi added with a sly grin.
"No way." I was in shock, "Mayumi. The idol from the 20's? Laisei... Are you... What?!"
"I won't deny it." Laisei said, with swagger in his voice.
"Dude, I had posters of her in my dorm. Holy hell, I had such a crush on May-chan. I can't... Laisei--you're basically a god."
I could see his smile in the mirror.

The car sped along the highway as the sun set behind us.

--

July 19, 2036
Azuma Residence, Kyoto
19:36

"Thanks for the meal, Laisei." I leaned in his window.
"Anytime, kid. I'll let you know what they say tomorrow."
"Alright, thanks, sir."
"Bye, Ryu!" Tsuzumi waved to me from the passenger seat.
"See ya."

Laisei sped off. I turned around to face my humble abode.

"Good lord. Laisei is literally living my dream right now. That's... Goddamn." I said aloud to the incoming dusk.

"That's awesome."

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 8:59 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
..Mayumi.. can only think of Rise-chan.

I would be pissed if I were Ryu, lmao

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:06 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
this update makes me hungry, although i can't eat pig.

dang tweav, long time no see and now romance flag update. What a time to be alive.

はしれ すすめ ゆうきだして
やっちゃった でもね くじけないで
わっはっは そうさ えがおみせてよ
なみだ なんて ばいばばいさ

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:49 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

July 20, 2036
Azuma Residence, Kyoto
7:18

-Bzzbzzzbzzzz-

The incessant vibrating of my phone tore me out of my prone position. A fitting end to a relatively sleepless night. I picked it up and turned it over.

Laisei…

I cleared my throat, “hello?”
“Hey kid, can you make it over to the office? I just got a call from the Foxes.”
“Uh… Yeah, I'll be there in like 20?”
“Sure.”
Laisei hung up. His tone was ambiguous. I was ambivalent.

I think I'll be happy with either result, really. Right? I mean, here I am, having the time of my life with the guys, but… I still have so much farther to go to reach my dream. The Foxes would help me bypass all that waiting. But, I'd have to move. I'd have to uproot my entire life. I’ll be leaving my friends, my brother, my players… Everyone. Hell, I'll even be leaving this little apartment. This comfy little apartment.

I slipped my pants on as I looked around my room for what seemed like the first time. The slightly askew lampshade on my side table. The unkept sheets. The broken closet door that never shut all the way. The creaky floor. The Azuma ship model on my dresser. It wasn't much, but it was mine. My own room.

I buttoned up my shirt, stared at my room one more time, and turned off the lights.

Blue Stadium, Sakyō-ku, Kyoto
7:45

I pulled into the empty parking lot on a rainy Sunday morning. The only other car in the lot was Laisei’s, its black exterior spotted with the morning’s impromptu shower. I flipped my hood over my head.

I walked into the lobby, strangely met with silence. The lack of Tsuzumi’s presence was jarring. The normally vibrant lobby instead felt hollow. I trudged by the desk and up the three flights of stairs to Laisei’s office.

GENERAL MANAGER
Matsubara, Laisei

The bold font on his frosted door kept my attention. I’ve looked at this door so many times before. I never noticed how imposing it is…

I exhaled. Okay, Ryu. Time to do this.

The door creaked a bit as it opened.

--

philliesfan134 wrote:
..Mayumi.. can only think of Rise-chan.

I would be pissed if I were Ryu, lmao

heheh, they would be pretty similar......

StarKK wrote:
this update makes me hungry, although i can't eat pig.

dang tweav, long time no see and now romance flag update. What a time to be alive.

filet's beef bby

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:31 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

July 20, 2036
Blue Stadium, Sakyō-ku, Kyoto
7:49

“Hey kid, take a seat.” Laisei seemed calm as ever. He was dressed in black jeans and a tee shirt, the most casual I had ever seen him. He was standing looking out the window that overlooked the field. I still couldn't figure out if the news he had to give me was going to be good or bad.

Regardless, I did as he said and sat down in one of the chairs in his office.

“It's really a beautiful field, isn't it?” Laisei asked me without turning around. “Sometimes I like to come here and clear my head. Baseball’s always had that effect on me. It's… Therapeutic. The crack of the bat, the thud of a glove--I've always loved it. When I was offered the job of assistant GM to Jack almost--God, almost 20 years ago now--I was nervous. I knew that I had a ton to live up to. I had heard of the legendary Allen, but I had no idea what he would be like. But despite it all, I dropped everything and took the job. I took the plunge and it ended up being the best decision I’d ever make.”

He turned around to face me.

“Ryu. Right now, you're in the exact situation I was in 20 years ago.”
I… I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I wasn't even sure of what I was hearing. “Wait… Are you-” Laisei cut me off
“Yes.”
“I got th-”
“You did.”
I had nothing to say. I couldn't mask how excited I was. My face twisted into a massive smile.
“Ryu Azuma, you are the new manager of the Osaka Foxes.” Laisei extended his hand.
I grabbed it with tremendous force. “Sir--Lai--uhh, Matsubara-san, I can’t… I don't--Are you… Are you serious?”
“Heh, dead serious, kid. I'll be sad to see you go, but, yeah. I'm serious.”

I couldn't contain myself. I wrapped my arms around Laisei. “Oh my god, Laisei! Thank you so much!” I let go.
“Thank you for everything you've done for me. For everything you gave me and the Archers. I… I can't thank you enough, sir.”
“Don't mention it, kid. You deserve this.”
“Thank you… Thank you so much.”

12:38

After indulging myself with a fancy lunch, I walked back into my apartment. Into my room. I laid on the bed and look at my plain, white ceiling.

“So that's it, huh? It really happened..."

"I'm moving up.”

“My name is Ryu Azuma, and I am the manager of the Osaka Foxes.”

--

ALRIGHTY BOYS, NOW IT'S TIME FOR THE REAL LOG (and also a decently long break again whoops heehee)

THE FOXES ARE THE FUTURE

Money can't buy life

Post subject: Re: The New Knights | The Osaka Foxes
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:54 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
WHAAAAAAT THE ARCHERS WERE JUST A DECOY THIS IS CRAZY

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:58 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Angels
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
What the heck is happanening. I AM F-ING CONFUSED

Cleveland Browns : The Race For Last Place
2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:52 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
detroittigers15 wrote:
FOXES? THE FOXES ARE NOT THE (K)NEW(ER) KNIGHTS

QFT

Dude what the heck... This is the most incredible twist I've ever seen in a log. Beautifully done, Tweav. :mrgreen:

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:28 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
This is literally everybody right now:

You had us played for 10 pages, you magnificent bastard. :P What a twist.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:30 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Angels
LOL

Cleveland Browns : The Race For Last Place
2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:39 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
I still have no idea how you made a second string happen, and now go up to - I'm assuming - expansion NPB squad??! (I mean I had some "inside-scoopies" that something like this might happen, but not how it all comes together)

But after all the stories with Jack and the Tigers and the Knights.. years ago and years on, you've always had that ability, that style. It's, uh, fitting? Fitting that we enter a new story arc. What's it they say? The cosmic ballet, the legend, the 6+ year legend, goes on..

Happy to still have you around for another go, Tweav! Ganbatte!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:47 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
philliesfan134 wrote:
I still have no idea how you made a second string happen, and now go up to - I'm assuming - expansion NPB squad??! (I mean I had some "inside-scoopies" that something like this might happen, but not how it all comes together)
I was going to ask this but I was still trying to fathom the rest of the log. :lol:

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:59 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Astros
My life is a lie.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:29 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
TWEAV
TWEAV

TWEAV YOU MADE A NEW ARC!!!????? WHOA WHOA WHOA OKAY OKAY

MY BODY IS READY YET ACTUALLY NOT REALLY READY

TWEAAAAVVVVVV

はしれ すすめ ゆうきだして
やっちゃった でもね くじけないで
わっはっは そうさ えがおみせてよ
なみだ なんて ばいばばいさ

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 22  Next