Post subject: Injurys in the game
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:25 am 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Okay so with my countless (and I mean countless) amount of hours playing on these games, it was brought to my attention that players could get season ending injuries. http://www.mlbppworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2829 (scroll down a bit to see the picture) I've only seen 6 days, to recover from an injury, at most. I've made players jump/dive into walls before and then only get bruises or jammed finger. I'll get pitchers hurt by over using them and they'll get elbow pain (out 5 days). I just want to know if anyone else has gotten a season ending injury, or an injury that took 15+ days to recover from.

My list of success players

Post subject: Re: Injurys in the game
PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:38 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
I broke my catcher's collarbone one time and he missed 32 days or something like that.

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 6:16 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Rays
Collarbone is a big one. Runner diving into 2nd broke his and was out 28 days, but they put him on the 15-day disabled list twice, so he was out for 30.

Pitcher was throwing great - not tired at all, but then hurt his elbow throwing and was out 15 days.

I think last year (in my current season log) I had another player out for an extended period of time, too.

What I am finding odd with my current season mode (I think it's my 12th overall season mode) is that the majority of my players injuries are not sustained in a game. I play my game, no one gets medically examined (let alone pulled), and then the next game they're either out or in green and I need to go into the injury record to see what the deal is. That's happened at least 4 times during my current season mode, and it never happened before. And of course, each time I need to read that little €@$%# tell me to be more careful with my players!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 8:23 am 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
But over 6 1/2 years or w/e that I've had the game for, I've never seen an injury like that. After seeing that the injury lasts a week at most, then I just continued to sim games because they'd recover quickly

My list of success players

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2015 12:15 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Rays
The computer doesn't seem to have a problem playing injured players, either, so you may want to keep, doing it. I usually have backups that I enjoy playing so I'll put them in if a player is injured, or in purple condition.

Yesterday, my shortstop had one of those things where the doctors investigated him but determined he could still play. I always go to the "score" menu when that happens and check his abilities. It showed an X over his arm and power. When he played the next inning, he could barely make a throw to second, so I swapped him out. Whether you continue to play your injured players or not might depend on how the injury is affecting them and what position they play.