Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:37 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Custom Namespace Issue [Resolved]
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:16 pm 
Head Coach
Head Coach

Favorite Team: Dodgers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
I have figured out the Custom Players issues on the wiki.

If you look at the page All Pages in the MAIN namespace you will find that the Custom Players that have been added since the reboot are in the wrong namespace. And if you compare that to the pages stored in the custom namespace here, you can see that all the pages are still there... but the link will take you to the page stored in the Main namespace.

Basically, the pages are there, the images are there... but the namespace has been turned "content off". So it will not be declared as a namespace to store pages (anything there before will be left there). When you go to the page Custom Players:Joe Blow now, it will take you to Main:Custom Players: Joe Blow, where "Custom Players: Joe Blow" is the title of the page in the Main namespace... which isn't what we want (a fake namespace that looks like a real one but isn't- to verify this the talk page should say Custom Players Talk: but instead it shows Talk:Custom Players:, use Raul Hernandez as an example)

The problem, if I fix it now, you can no longer access the pages in the Main namespace with the Custom Players: prefix, because it will interpret it correctly and redirect you to the proper namespace, thus leaving MORE pages lost in limbo and more duplication.

I'm going to ask that NO FURTHER CUSTOM PLAYERS BE ADDED TO THE WIKI until further notice.

The pages that are unique will be transferred over without issue.

The pages that have been duplicated will be overwritten with the most recent page version. If you wish to recover old information, you can retrieve it by viewing the history of the page.

I apologize for not being able to solve the problem sooner, but we will hopefully get the wiki back to it's well-oiled self soon.

Report Spammers to me or Darkshade via Private Message.

Post subject: Custom Namespace Issue [Resolved]
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:30 pm 
Head Coach
Head Coach

Favorite Team: Dodgers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
The moves are complete, as well as a few additional page moves of stray players into the new/old Custom Players Namespace.

You are now allowed to add/edit pages of custom players/teams.

Please remember to put ALL custom-made players and custom arrange team setups in this namespace. The MAIN namespace is reserved for game information.

Report Spammers to me or Darkshade via Private Message.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 2 posts ]