Post subject: Re: Season Log: Hawaii Volcanoes
PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:16 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Oh, this is '07? Didn't even know. But yeah, I wish they were this good in '08. :(

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:43 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Oh, my bad. Yes this is '07 and all other players are grey bars.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:08 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
So, Chris Potter and Bobby Valentine meet after the final preseason game to discuss the roster and the upcoming season…
“You are set on leaving Chiasson at DH then?” asked Christopher, full well knowing the answer.
“Dead set.” Was Bobby’s empathic reply “I know he is a center fielder, he hits and fields well, but I’ll be darned if the kid runs like he’s got a refrigerator on his back half the time. Besides, Kealoha is my center fielder, runs down everything. Never did tell me how you kept him away from the likes of the Yankees and Red Sox.”
“Oh,” Christopher started a little reverence in his voice, “We very well almost did lose him to New York. But we were able to convince him, that as a local kid staying here in Hawaii would make a good story, and he wouldn’t always be 5000 miles from home. I asked him ‘Are you sure you want to give up island living for the big city? ‘Glad we were able to convince him to stay here, the way he hit the ball this preseason, could be rookie of the year.” Getting back to business he added “What about putting Chiasson in right or left? As you said, Kealoha is fast and can make up the speed difference.”
Bobby looked over the roster and considered for a moment, “Oh, New York isn’t all that bad. I guess I could put Chiasson in Left. Heaven knows Pote has been a little error prone out there and, even though Chiasson will be out of position, which could be a wash.” Bobby looked up from his roster and at the GM, “But I can’t move him till I get a DH that can hit. Can’t justify moving Pote to DH, he’s got no power.”
“Fair enough,” said Christopher as he scribbled a note on his note pad “I’ll poke around and see if there are any aging power hitters available to trade for. Any other things we want to discuss about our line up?”
Bobby shrugged “Nah, the rest is small potatoes. Or should I say Pineapples? My real concern is this rotation. Outside of the Italian kid you found I don’t think most of these kids are going to pitch more than five innings a start. Which, by the way, I would never have believed you found someone that good, while on vacation, in an Italian league no one even knew existed.”
“I will never go on vacation ever again anywhere and not scout local talent. Couldn’t believe it myself.”
Bobby smirked “Yes, well, I’ll remember that the next time I take vacation in Antarctica.”
Christopher gave him glaring smile and made another note on his pad, “Starting pitchers are going to be much harder to come by than a DH. Don’t expect a good starter anytime soon.”
“Well, I’m certainly not expecting you to trade for the second coming of Sandy Koufax, but I’ll take someone who can eat up some innings.”
Christopher nodded. “I’ll get feelers out there right away to try and find us a DH, that part should be easy. Once that is done, we can see about a pitcher. Anything else?”
Bobby shook his head, “Let the games begin.”