Post subject: Charlotte Knights: Leading the Siege
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 4:59 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Rays
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
11/30/2026: The Texas Rangers and San Diego Padres have suddenly folded due to poor stats and low income. The MLB has announced two new expansion teams to replace them. This will be the second time this decade the MLB has expanded, the first time happening in 2021, with the addition of the new Montreal Expos in the NL East and the Las Vegas Aces in the AL West, the Aces having dominated the AL West for the past 3 years. The MLB has announced the new teams to be the Charlotte Knights of the AL East and the Vancouver Mammoth of the NL West. Both teams will begin play next year.

12/25/2026: This Christmas the Expos have announced they have hired David Job as their manager. The former manager of the Golden Apples, an independent league team, Job is expected to perform admirably as manager. The Knights, meanwhile, still do not have a manager.

3/26/2027: Having gone the entirety of Spring Training without one, the Knights have finally hired a manager. Their new manager will be Ty Baphoment. A former minor league player, Ty will become the youngest manager ever in the MLB, at just 34 years old.

Rules:
I play as the Charlotte Knights in the AL East.
The Knights and Mammoth replace the Rangers and Padres in the MLB. The two expansion teams are taken up by the Aces and Expos. The Astros have been moved from the NL Central to the AL West.
The Knights are made up of the Free Agents. The Mammoth are made up of the "Great" players (players whose likenesses couldn't be used because they weren't part of the MLBPA) and Alvin, Patrick, and Zero from Success Mode, who I made using the player editor. The only two Great players not on the Mammoth are Great Gonzalez (who I made into Barry Bonds) and Great Wood (because he is a Free Agent) The Aces are made up of alloutwar's Charlotte Chargers team of custom players, and the Expos are made up of edited players named after imaginary players from the extra teams in Nicktoons MLB.
Knights play in RFK Stadium, Aces play in Panpaka Park, Expos play in Rogers Centre, and Mammoth play in Chase Field.
I can only import 3 custom players onto my team each year, but I might not do this anyway.
Only 5 trades maximum each year (trades involving multiple players don't affect the remaining number of trades)
Payroll limit at 110000 points.
I play the first game of each series.
Start with 150000 points.

Post subject: Re: Charlotte Knights: Leading the Siege
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:13 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

4/1/2027: The 2027 season starts tomorrow. The Knights will play their first game at home against the Blue Jays. This is how the lineups are for the Knights:
https://www.reddit.com/r/MLBPowerPros/c ... urce=share

Last edited by Iron Lawyer a8n4 on Fri Apr 17, 2020 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: Charlotte Knights: Leading the Siege
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2020 6:46 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

4/2/2027 The Knights won their very first game at home against the Blue Jays today. Totten pitched an impressive 8 innings despite giving up 3 home runs against Zaun, Glaus, and Thomas. While those home runs were the only way the Blue Jays scored runs, the Knights scored 3 runs with contact hits throughout the game, with a 2-run homer by Castellano in the 8th breaking the tie and another run later to finish them off. McNichol proceeded to replace Totten on the mound for the last inning to get the save.
https://www.reddit.com/r/MLBPowerPros/c ... urce=share