Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Dr. Goodjob
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 10:33 pm 
3rd Base Coach
3rd Base Coach

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
As far as I know he should still come back. Keep trying and let us know what you find.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:02 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Cubs
OK!

I finally got him to show up again. After getting him 5 more times (entire cubs game later.........)
finally get a successful procedure.

So glad he didn't disappear.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:11 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Angels
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Good to know! Just another mystery about this game solved, thanks MrWelz.

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:38 pm 
Ace
Ace

I recently had seven Goodjob visits and I never intend to do it again. I would say you have about a 1% chance of getting a successful challenge. Between getting him to appear and then getting the challenge to work is one of the most frustrating things I have ever done.

After the World Gatherings game and the Champion Rings games are sure fire ways to get an easy challenge though.

I've found the yes card to work consistently. I think I only failed with it once. However the rewards are a little less than half of what you would get from a challenge. Still much more than you could possibly get training for one day.

My advice is to use yes cards until you get to the last two guaranteed visits.

Also if you have no cards, you can tell him no and he will ask you again what you want. Use as many no cards as you want until you get a yes or a challenge. He will just keep asking you.

Don't use a Marvin card or he will send you back to the Park and you won't remember a thing.

Being tired didn't seem to raise the number of appearances he made either. One day I got two successful visits in a row, and he fills your vitality meter every time you see him, so I had full "life" and he still came.

It still took hours upon hours of reloading. I think this game only intends for you to get him after the two games I have mentioned. Anything other than that is just insane to reload for. (But I had to try it once)

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 11:56 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Oh, that's why I tell anyone who asks about him to only try after the two games you mentioned. I reloaded for hours trying to get a visit from him in the third week of May before the World Gatherings game and it took multiple tries to challenge successfully.

Anyways, nice info about the No cards, that's definitely useful if you don't have a shuffle whistle or a challenge card.

Either way, unless someone requests a maxed character, I don't intend to ever use Dr. Goodjob again; we can both agree his results are great, but the time of torturing yourself to get him other than after those two games is so much greater.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 12:18 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

There is little doubt that the Doctor Good Job event is the rarest random event.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 2:09 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Padres
Seriously. After the hundred or so players I've made, only one has ever gone for the procedure. Failed of course and I was too lazy try again.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 3:57 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Yankees
I hear you Calislim. Same here. Only twice have I gotten the address, and only once have I visited, only to have an unsuccessful Challenge. Other (still rare) times, I was not as well-informed and thought I was to Challenge the first time, or he was met the week before Superstar game, so it was useless.

"If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing your grandmother with her teeth out."
~George Brett

"We don't need refs, but I guess white guys need something to do. "
~Charles Barkley

""I know Koufax's weakness. He can't hit."
~Whitey Ford

SSBB FC - 3437-3779-6679

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:14 pm 
Ace
Ace

Now that we know how to do it, even people that really don't like to reload can achieve this easily in about an hour and a half extra.

Just reload on Dec 4 yr 2 (that seems to be the best RE day imo) for about 45 min. You should get his number by then.

Then the last two visits are a walk in the park. 20 min a piece. It's the only RE you can possibly get on those days.

1 and a half hrs and, plus 6 top spd, plus 40 control and stamina each, and 150 credits in every category except quickness, more in breaking ball I can't remember.(For a pitcher)

Well worth the time.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 5:16 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Phillies
I recently made 2 power hitting first basemen and got one goodjob each, one with red vitality the other with yellow to see if low vitality made a difference, and by how much, I also did each the week after the final CR game. My first one (with red vitality), I got goodjob twice after 1 s/l, 1-2 on goodjobs. The second (yellow vitality) got goodjob maybe 10 times in some 100 or so reloads. I lost count on the second one, but it still seems obvious that red vitality helped. I also think they both had excellent luck. But i could've just gotten incredibly lucky, then incredibly unlucky. I also wouldn't go completely on my word since i did this a week or 2 ago, just realized this might be helpful info for you guys.

edit: and before i forget, it was the only event I got during the tourney games,

"Almost dying changes nothing, dying changes everything." - Gregory House M.D.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 7:55 pm 
1st Base Coach
1st Base Coach

Favorite Team: Cardinals
It's weird how it works. I'm not convinced it is complete random chance, but I don't believe vitality has any effect. I just finished a player this afternoon and in the third year I was dating Becky so my vitality was maxed most of the year. I had GoodJob show up *4* times when I wasn't even reloading for him, every time while my vitality was in the blue or maxed. I played a Challenge twice and a Yes twice and was successful every time.

Conversely, my last game I was *trying* to get GJ and couldn't hardly get him to show up with a ton of reloading, and had to go through multiple failures before getting a success. In that game I was all over the place in vitality, mostly red and yellow.

I used to think motivation played a part (low motivation increasing the chance of getting him), but today's guy had max motivation. Who knows -lol-

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:15 pm 
Ace
Ace

My new mission is to have a successful op. When does he usually show up for the second time so I know when to kick into reload mode or is that pretty random too?

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 9:55 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Phillies
He usually appears after the WG and CR game, i believe. Maybe also the 1st round tourney game, but i am not completely sure. You know when you go visit him you say that you've been tired recently, or something along those lines, that could be why the theory that low vitality helps is thrown around. Developers just had to make it difficult to figure out every aspect of the game

"Almost dying changes nothing, dying changes everything." - Gregory House M.D.

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:31 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

If you only want one successful operation it's actually really easy to get him. Just save and reload after the World Gatherings game in Year 3. He will be the only RE you can get in that week so you can get his address, then play the next two games, and after the Champion Rings game you can save and reload for the second event.

It took me a grand total of about twenty minutes to get both events triggered and I used a Yes card successfully on my first try.

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 1:15 pm 
Ace
Ace

Thanks for the info. I'll try it out next character I make.

mike94100 wrote:
You know when you go visit him you say that you've been tired recently, or something along those lines, that could be why the theory that low vitality helps is thrown around. Developers just had to make it difficult to figure out every aspect of the game

The one time he showed up a second time, I had near full vitality. I don't get it.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next