Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This subforum is strictly for the creation of self-made works of our members.
-->

Post subject: Cincinnati Reds: A Work in Progress
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:11 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Indians
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
The Cincinnati Reds look to begin a 2015 campaign on a great note, but it is very hard to look positive right now. The Reds have glaring issues with their pitching staff. The only standouts are the ace Johnny Cueto and the fireballing closer Aroldis Chapman. The rest of the bullpen and rotation is very mediocre. This season is obviously a rebuilding one for the Reds, as they look to finally be atop Major League Baseball. The Reds depth chart is as follows:

The Reds have somehow four left fielders, but they may be moved to other outfield positions. As for the GM spot, 42 year-old Peter Brand (I know he's not real) will be taking over. Brand was a special assistant to Billy Beane back in 2002, and revolutionized the world of sabermetrics. Brand will be looking to bring sabermetrics here to Cincy. Brand is ready to get started.

BrewersFuzz wrote:
AND THEN IN A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS CLEVELAND BLOWS THE 3-1 LEAD THIS TIME

Post subject: Re: Cincinnati Reds: A Work in Progress
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:45 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Can you switch Chapman to a starting pitcher in the game? I know many people have mixed thoughts of this, but I honestly think he may be more valuable to the Reds as a Starter.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:06 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

3WayGaming wrote:
Can you switch Chapman to a starting pitcher in the game? I know many people have mixed thoughts of this, but I honestly think he may be more valuable to the Reds as a Starter.

His stamina is rated 25.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:10 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Didn't the Reds try him as a starter at one point tho?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:18 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

3WayGaming wrote:
Didn't the Reds try him as a starter at one point tho?

Yeah, that was before his injury issues. He's a better option at closer IMO.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:21 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

The Reds really need help in the pitching staff. Even if Chapman started you would have guys to go those 7 8 9 innings after you move Chapman. So I definitely see your point.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:39 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Don't Own
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
You can edit his stamina but I would keep him at closer, he wouldn't be as effective in long stints.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:42 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

April 6, 2015: Opening Day
Pittsburgh Pirates 0-0 @ Cincinnati Reds 0-0

Opening Day here in Cincinnati and what a beautiful day to begin the season. No matter how poor the Reds look on paper, tickets sold out to these loyal Reds fans. However, the Pirates edged out the Reds 2-1. The Pirates scored early on a mistake by Jay Bruce, but the Reds later tied it up. However, Gregory Polanco gave Pittsburgh a 2-1 lead. The Reds offense wasted a dominant start from Johnny Cueto. Maybe next time the Reds can grab their first win of the 2015 campaign.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:43 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

philliesfan134 wrote:
You can edit his stamina but I would keep him at closer, he wouldn't be as effective in long stints.

Yeah. The goal this year is to get some good pitching prospects and gain salary space. It would be great if we could win 75 games.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:27 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Don't Own
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
I can think of a trio of lefties, if you end up wanting to move Cueto!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:48 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

philliesfan134 wrote:
I can think of a trio of lefties, if you end up wanting to move Cueto!

I'll be in touch. I'm gonna need them in July.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:52 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

April 12, 2015: What a Joke
St. Louis Cardinals 4-1 @ Cincinnati Reds 1-4

The Reds blew a 4-2 lead again vs. St. Louis, leading to a massive rant by manager Bryan Price. This will be a tough season for the Reds.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:26 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

April 15, 2015: Finally a Win
The Reds defeated the Cubs 5-1 on Jackie Robinson night.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:36 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

The Reds are playing the way we expected them to play, absolutely horrible. The hitters are not even able to give the hard-working pitchers run support. The starting rotation is the only positive at the moment, as Rasiel Iglesias's 3.00 ERA is the highest in the whole rotation. The bullpen has been atrocious, with many pitchers having an ERA over 10.
Manager Bryan Price said earlier:
Quote:
Maybe if we get some relievers and batters who aren't absolute horse shit we will be able to actually make a run. But that is highly unlikely. Now we have to suffer because we can't hit or finish what our starters started.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2015 5:45 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
That's not what Bryan Price said. This is what he said:
Quote:
I don't get it. It's, you know, look, I don't need you guys to be fans of the Reds, I just need to know if there's something we want to keep here, it stays here. We don't need to know that Tucker Barnhart's in the f****** airport when we haven't spoken to Kyle Skipworth. I think we owe that f******* kid the right to be called and told that he's going to be sent down as opposed to reading that Tucker Barnhart is on his way from Louisville. I just... I don't get it. I don't get why it's got to be this way. Has it always been this way where we just tell f****** everybody everything? So every f****** opponent we have has to know exactly what we have. Which f****** relievers are available, which guys are here and which guys aren't here, when they can play, and what they can do. It's nobody's f****** business. It's certainly not the opponent's business. We have to deal with this f****** b*******.
I like to talk — and I have spoken as candidly as I can with you people, if that's not good enough, I won't say a f******thing. I'll go, 'yes sir, no sir.' And I can do that. But f***, I've been as candid as I can f****** be about this team and our players, and we've got to deal with this s***, every f****** team that we f****** play has to know every f****** guy that's here and what they can and can't do? F*** me. It's a f****** disgrace. I'm f****** sick of this s***. It's f****** hard enough to f****** win here to have f****** every f****** opponent know exactly what the f*** we bring to the table every day. It's f****** horse****. I don't like it. It's what I'm saying. To make it very clear, I don't like the way that this s***'s going — at all. I don't like it. I don't think you guys need to know everything. And I certainly don't think you need to see something and tweet it out there and make it a f****** world event. How the f*** do we benefit from them knowing we don't have Devin Mesoraco? How do we benefit from that? They benefit from it. I just want to know how we benefit from these f****** people know we don't have a player here. Can you answer that? How is that good for the Reds?
Yeah, well it's making my job f****** harder.
Well, thank you. I don't know if that's what we're supposed to do. Are we supposed to f****** open up everything here for everybody to know all the f****** time? That's all I want to know, what your expectations are, because f*** me. If I've got f****** to tell these guys, we gotta go out there and they know we don't have f****** Devin Mesoraco, what f****** benefit is that to me as a manager? And our team to win a f****** game?
I just want an answer on how we benefit from them knowing that Devin Mesoraco isn't here.
Your job is not to sniff out every f****** thing is about the Reds and f****** put it out there for every other f****** guy to hear. It's not your job. You want me to be candid with you? I've been candid with you. I f****** talk to you guys like men, I tell you what the f***'s going on with the team, I tell you how I'm feeling as candidly as I can and then this s***? You've got to watch this f****** s***? I've got to f****** read that on a f****** Tweet on our own people in here that we don't have a f****** player? How the f*** does that benefit the Reds? It doesn't benefit us one f****** bit. God **** we try to go out there and win f****** games and I got to come in here and then you guys f****** blow it all over the f****** place? Who we can play? Who we can't? I'll tell you what you want to know, I'm not going to f****** lie to you. I didn't tell you f****** s***.
Ah, f***. I'm just, I'm f****** p****** up a rope in this f****** business. Because everyone has to know everything all the f****** time. That's not my f****** obligation, it's not their obligation. You know why f****** Billy Hamilton didn't f****** play? The other day? Because his f****** finger's hurt and he couldn't hit right-handed comfortably. Right? So that's something that I need to know and no one else needs to know. No one else needs to f****** know it, and all of a sudden it's out there. His f****** fingers are sore. It doesn't benefit us. It wasn't from you, but it doesn't benefit us one bit to f****** announce to the f****** other teams that we're playing to bring in lefties when they need to f****** get Billy out. There's no benefit. So, I'm f******, to be honest with you, I'm f****** sick of this s***. I'm sick of listening to this f****** s***, I'm sick of f****** the f****** second-guessing b*******, you guys can do whatever the f*** you want, but I'll tell you this — I'm not going to f****** tell you everything about this f****** club, because you f****** guys are going to out there and sniff it out anyway. I don't f****** like it one f****** bit. I bend over backwards to be honest and direct with you f****** guys and you stick it right up my f****** a** — and the f****** team's a**. And I'm sick of it. What do you got? If you don't got anything, get out and I'll do this f****** interview with Marty. You don't have anything? Just get out, please.