Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This subforum is strictly for the creation of self-made works of our members.
-->

Post subject: The St. Louis Retro Hawks-A Third Team in Missouri
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:53 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Angels
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
It's two days after Opening Day. I was hired like in January, but I didn't feel like writing a log so I will start like two days after the season. Well, as you know the MLB added four teams. If you don't know them, I am sure we will talk about them soon. In the Expansion Draft we well made out mostly with prospects and in the offseason spent some money with a $100,000,000 budget and this is how we fair with starting pitching.
SP-Josh Johnson(3*)-Signed as a free agent for $3,000,000, we picked up TJ master Josh Johnson. Josh as you all know is very fragile, but when healthy will be the ace of our staff(GOD HELP US).
SP-Nick Tepesch(1.5*)-An expansion draft pick, we picked up Nick Tepesch to be our #2 on the staff. With an average fastball, cutter, and curve he should be good. His change-up however is not promising.
SP-Dan Winkler(2.5*)-Another expansion draft pick, we picked up Dan to be our #3. He may be better having good control, fastball, and slider. He features one of the best change-ups in the game.
SP-Logan Verrett(1.5*)-Yet a third expansion draft pick up in our staff, Logan will hold up as our fourth starter. He shows a good change and slider.
SP-John Gant(2*)-The fifth starter and the fourth expansion draft guy in our staff, I do not expect much out of him. With good control and a change-up, John should atleast get us through some tough innings.

Cleveland Browns : The Race For Last Place
2018 MLBPP Update

Post subject: Re: The St. Louis Retro Hawks-A Third Team in Missouri
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:23 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Astros
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Please no. Either stop making logs or care about them enough to give us a decent update with colors and pic (Hint hint looks at Dish's log)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:28 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Next, is our main part of our success if we are to win a lot, our bullpen. Mostly from the Expansion Draft, we also have some notables from free agency.
MR-had Smith-3.5 Stars-A quality reliever who can give us some good innings is Chad Smith. He is our main reliever and will be used as a pretty good option every game. Picked up in Expansion.
MR-Cam Bedrosian-3.5 Stars-Yet another reliever from the Expansion draft, he has a lot of upside for the future. He has electric stuff which will strike out many hitters. With great movement he is even going to strike out more. However he can barely hit the plate.
MR-Angel Nesbitt-4.5 Stars-A great pitcher from the Expansion Draft, he may be the Reliever of the Year. With good stuff and solid command this kid will be able to pitch like a SU.
MR-Jose Valdez-4.5 Stars-A gem from the Expansion Draft, if we had worse SUs and a worse CL, he would be in the staff somewhere. If not for bad control, he would never be in the Expansion Draft.

SU-Alex Claudio-3.5 Stars-If not for an 83-85 MPH fastball, he would be the eigth inning man. However, he has some of the best stuff, movement, and control I have seen. If he was a starter, he would be better than Jamie Moyer(who he is very much like).
SU-Jason Motte-4.5 Stars-Signed for $3,000,000 for a year, Jason looks to be our lights out SU with a great sutff and good control and movement.

CL-Dominic Leone-4 Stars-A beautiful arm to have as a closer, with good everything, I expect this kid to get even better.

2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:29 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Tdud123 wrote:
Please no. Either stop making logs or care about them enough to give us a decent update with colors and pic (Hint hint looks at Dish's log)

You can get your pictures soon enough. (Hint when I am done the hitters) (Plus, I will add some bold to see names)

2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:19 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '08: Wii and DS
I like the pick of Verrett, but I'm not sure if I'm going to like this log. (If it lasts)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:20 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

The Hitters Update-
For here we went to Free Agency. We have good prospects coming up soon.
C-Ryan Hanigan(1.5*)-A great eye, horrible power, and bad contact, the only guy keeping him up is his consistent defense.
1B-Chris Carter(2*)-With great eye and power, well he can kind of put the bat on the ball.
2B-Ben Zobrist(3.5*)-With a great eye, Ben is a .270 hitter who won't hit for power. Pretty good Defensively.
3B-Micheal Almanzar(1.5*)-Horrible eye, this .270 hitter will hit about 20 HRs this year if it's a good one.
Dante Bichette(1.5*)Good Contact and 15 HRs, Dante will be a good hitter soon.
Stephen Parker(1*)-A horrible player, bad defense, bad everything. This kid should be in the minors
SS-Dee Gordon(3*)-Good Contact hitter, great defense, and is faster than most. This kid may be as fast as Billy.
LF-Robby Price(4*)-Good Contact, average power, and a good eye, the defense is not as great. Originally as a 2B
CF-Gary Brown(2.5*)-Ok Contact, bad power, OK eye, and great fielding. Also, above average speed will be good as a CF.
Delta Cleary Jr.(2*)-.240 hitter with worse power. He has great fielding and speed too. It is to be noted that he has a good eye, but will still make some mistakes.
Ryan Lamarre(1*)-With below average contact and eye, he has great fielding and speed. He has what we call "no power whatsoever", I expect him to hit 0 HRs in twenty career years.
RF-Rubi Silva(2.5*)-Good defense and speed. A good hitter too, but he is closing his eyes like Ryan Howard. A gap hitter, he is not a power hitter all the way.
DH-Corey Hart(3*)-Below Average contact hitter with plus power, he has good eyes. Even though he is a DH, it is still noted he has below average power and speed.

2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 10:25 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Goodness, I love telling you about the players, but I have to go to the team against the Yankees. We'll see what happenned in the St. Louis Metrodome. This is game three.
This thing looks like the Metrodome-Image
Well, today we were going against Rick Porcello.

In the bottom of the third with no one out, Delta Cleary Jr. is on third via a steal and a line drive single. Dee Gordon was on first(He hit a line drive single). Robby Price hit a long flyball, that sacrificed in a run. Again, Rubi Silva and Ben Zobrist hit two runs in.

In the bottom of the fourth with one out, Delta Cleaty Jr is on second via a steal, and Dee Gordon hits a single scoring Delta Cleary. However, we hit into two outs.

And the rest was silent through the game.
Logan Varrett was the POTG, pitching 7 IP, 3 H, 3 BB, 3 Ks.
Well that was the quick game. I like missed the first two innings. I blame all of you. You guys all suck. You made me miss the first two innings. I blame all of you. We stole a lot of bases. We had an agressive running schedule I guess. To speak of this, Vern Tucker is our manager. He is sabermetric.
Oh, you may be wondering how little the Dome is here is what our dimensions:
LF Line: 300 FT, 25 FT
LF: 341 FT, 20 FT
LF-CF: 373 FT, 15 FT
CF: 380 FT, 8 FT
CF-RF: 373 FT, 10 FT
RF : 346 FT, 9 FT
RF Line: 318 FT, 8 FT
I define this as a hitter's park, and believe it will benefit more hits, triples, and HRs. Another below is a picture taken of the Metrodome with dimensions:

Attachments:
St_Louis_Metrodome_dome.png
St_Louis_Metrodome_dome.png [ 684.47 KiB | Viewed 5337 times ]

2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:21 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Today, we are getting ready for a 3-game series against the Orioles. Well let us look at their roster:
Well, with Robinson Cano at second, Mike Napoli at first, and Manny Machado at third, the infield is strong. However Jordy Mercer seems the weak one their. Christian Walker and Matt Wieters are both average hitters. Matt Wieters also seems to be a good catcher. The outfield is great showcasing Adam Jones and Scott Van Slyke. I feel there they have enough offensive force there. Also, Chris Parmalee is not a bad fit there. Now pitching does not seem as well. The Big Three of them is weak of Christ Tillman, Wei-Yen Chen, and Mike Leake. Still strong, but not strong. Chase Anderson and Mike Wright also seem average. Zach Britton seems as the only bullpen presence there that is formidable so I believe the Orioles will be good even with ok pitching.
Soon, is Game One. Wait, I'm late to watch the game.

2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:47 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

In the bottom of the second one out, Scott Van Slyke hits a homerun to left-center field.

In the top of the fourth one out, no one on and Chase Anderson throws the pitch-HOMERUN by Chris Carter.

In the top of the sixth, two outs, man on third and Ben Zobrist hits a single to score the man on third.

In the top of the eigth, one out, Corey Hart slams a single to score Robby Price from second.

In the bottom of the eigth, one out, Scott Van Slyke got walked with the bases loaded.

In the top of the ninth, none outs, Rubi Silva hits a HR. We would add to more runs after that.

The Orioles would score another run in the ninth, but in all we won. The POTG was Daniel Winker-7 IP, 3 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 2 BB, 5 K. We must have ended the winning streak I guess. It looks that they are 3-1.

2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:59 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

The next day, we were going against the Baltimore Orioles again. Today, the pitching match-up was Mike Wright Vs. John Gant. Mike Wright has good command and middle of the line stuff and movement. If we are lucky we should be able to slam this kid. Now on our side, If John Gant has his stuff today hopefully we can win this game. Better go the game:

FINAL SCORE: Baltimore Orioles LOSE AGAINST St. Louis Retro Hawks
W: John Gant (1-0)
SV: Dominic Leone (1 SV)
L: Mike Wright (0-1)
POTG: John Gant-5 IP, 6 H, 1 R, 1 ER, 4 K
In the top of the third, two outs, Dee Gordon on second scores on a line drive by Robby Price. Micheal Almanzar hit a fly ball to end the inning.

In the top of the fourth, one out, Ben Zobrist on third and Corey Hart on first, with Rubi Silva up, Mike Wright throws a pickoff to first and it is TOO HIGH! Ben Zobrist scores, Corey Hart to second. After we would hit two flyballs.

In the bottom of the fourth, two outs, Adam Jones on third. WILD PITCH! Adam Jones scores. The O's later with the bases loaded struck out.

A short game, John Gant took advantage of Scott Van Slyke who struck out twice with men on. Also, there were many groundballs which helped him pitch 5 innings. Today, showcased our bullpen as Leone saved the game. We barely beat them our closest game so far.

Tomorrow we will go against Mike Leake. Mike Leake has good command and movement. However his stuff is not as good. We have Josh Johnson going against him. Josh Johnson has good control, movement, and stuff. This will be a fun game to watch.

2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:38 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Today, is our 6th game. Our last game against the Orioles we hope to sweep.

FINAL SCORE:
W: Chad Smith (1-0)
L: Ubaldo Jiminez
SV: Cam Berdosian (1 SV)
POTG: Chad Smith- 3.1 IP, 3 H, 1 BB, 4 K

In the top of the second, two outs, no one on, with Corey Hart up he hits a long, long flyball going back GONE!

With Robby Price on second, top of the fourth no outs, Micheal Almazar hits a double. Micheal Almazar would get to third, but would be stranded there.

In the bottom of the fourth, two outs, Chris Parmalee singles to score Mike Napoli from second. Then Chris O'Brien hits a two-run homer.

In the bottom of the fifth, two outs, Adam Jones hits a single scoring Christian Walker from second.

In the top of the eigth, the Retro Hawks with two outs look for revenge. With Dee Gordon on first, a Robby Price double allows Dee Gordon to score. Micheal Almanzar singles to have Price score the RUN-TYING RBI SINGLE!

The game went to extras tied at 4, with one out, top of the tenth, Dee Gordon on second and Micheal Almanzar on first, Chris Carter singles and scores Dee Gordon. THAT COULD BE THE RUN WINNING SINGLE BY CHRIS CARTER!

Bottom of the tenth, Adam Jones hits a double to score the tying run.

Top of the thirteenth, Ben Zobrist hits a lead-off homerun!

Christian Walker, one on first and third, two outs, hits a grounder to first. BALLGAME!
Wow, I'm sleepy. I don't even want to talk about our next series, the Omaha Geckos.

2018 MLBPP Update