Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for specific discussion about American Football, or other close cousins such as the CFL. It includes all age groups, from junior-high to the NFL. This includes fantasy sports.
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: MLBPPW Fantasy Football 2018
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:34 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Indians
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
MLBPPWORLD FANTASY SEMIFINAL LEG 1 RECAP

Detroit Phantoms (DTigers115) 98
Atomic Pickles (AgentP) 69.5

Summary:
After sliding into the final playoff spot with a shocking Week 13 result, the Detroit Phantoms stunned the fantasy world again with an unexpected blowout in the first league. Lamar Jackson continued his strong run of form to lead the team with 18 points. Keenan Allen has arguably been the player of the season in the second half, continuing his excellent stretch with a solid 15.5 point outing. Allen has surpassed the 15 point mark in each week since Week 14 after a shaky start to the season. Eric Ebron recovered from a bit of a down start to record a solid 14-point total. The performer of the week was Alshon Jeffery, who finally delivered a solid performance at the best possible time, scoring a double-digit total for the first time since Week 7. The Phantoms will be glad that they continued to trust Jeffery despite a brutal run of single digit performances. The question now is whether or not Jeffery can continue to perform at this level. Tennessee's defense also stepped up as a solid defensive stream, scoring 12 points against a struggling Jacksonville offense. The Phantoms did more than enough to win their first match-up, and are in a great place to advance to the final round. The Atomic Pickles picked the worst possible week to regress. Patrick Mahomes served as the only notable performer, putting up 21 points, which is still a bit low by his 2018 standards. The most egregious game came from Todd Gurley, who baffled the Pickles with a season-low 6.5 points, most of which coming late in the fourth quarter Sunday night. Gurley will have to dominate against Philadelphia next week in order to give his team a chance. In addition to Gurley, Zach Ertz struggled after a solid stretch, scoring only 5.5 points. The Pickles' faith in Tampa Bay players did not pay off this week as Peyton Barber and Mike Evans totaled only 14.5 points. LeGarrette Blount has fallen down to earth after a breakout performance two weeks ago, totaling just 3 points. Courtland Sutton also struggled, scoring a mere 2 points after a strong performance last week. The Pickles still have a chance to advance with a 2017 Cool Brees-esque comeback, but it will require bounce-back outings from numerous starters, especially Todd Gurley and Zach Ertz.

You've Been Juiced! (LetsGoMets77) 135.5
Kerryon My Wayward Son (Dishnet34) 89.5

Summary:
You've Been Juiced! seems to be well on their way to a championship appearance with a blowout win. Despite major concerns due to James Conner's injury, they ended up putting forth their best effort of the season. This was largely due to Juju Smith-Schuster, who scored almost 30 points for the second time in the last two weeks. Mark Ingram and Spencer Ware were solid fill-ins for Conner, combining for a solid 26 points. Chris Carson also impressed in the flex spot, recording 15 points thanks to a late touchdown. After numerous low scoring weeks, Cameron Brate finally surpassed the double-digit mark with a 14-point performance, only his second week over the double-digit mark. Julian Edelman and Ben Roethlisberger closed out an excellent team effort, both scoring 19 points. Roethlisberger could have scored even more had he not exited the game due to an injury, and his health may be a factor to watch heading forward. Based on their performances this season, a 46-point lead seems quite safe, but they cannot let their guard down just yet. Kerryon My Wayward Son could not have realistically outscored You've Been Juiced! this week, but they could have put themselves in a better position for next week. Deshaun Watson was decent with 17 points, but he has shown this season that he is capable of more. Dalvin Cook has been consistent upon his return from injury, scoring 15 points this time around, aided by a late touchdown. Jared Cook was a solid piece in the lineup again, recording 14.5 points to mark his fourth straight double-digit point performance. Phillip Lindsay dropped off a bit after a remarkable run of form, scoring only 13 points. Stefon Diggs has been the most frustrating player for Kerryon My Wayward Son this season, failing to score over ten points for the second consecutive week after it appeared that he had turned the corner. Kenny Golladay and Calvin Ridley have also been frustrating recently, and they continued this trend by totaling a mere 2.5 points. It will now require a miracle for Kerryon My Wayward Son to pull off an upset and advance to the championship round.

Consolation Ladder Scores:
The Revengers (GoTwins24) 69.5
Los Angeles Aodgers (Kungfupandacam) 128

NBA is Better (BrewersFuzz) 132
Cool Brees (ZeroGibson13) 89.5

Spoiler Boilers (Queso James) 113.5
King of the North (PhilliesFan134) 96

Toby's Long Face (Q. Kimmel) 101.5
Team Griffith (jag123jg) 89.5

Best of luck to the remaining teams in Week 15!

BrewersFuzz wrote:
AND THEN IN A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS CLEVELAND BLOWS THE 3-1 LEAD THIS TIME

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 2:53 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
I had no idea this was a two week matchup.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:57 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Favorite Team: Rockies
Console '07: Don't Own
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu
damn youre just gonna forget the ladder recaps smh my head

K O N I S H I
2008 WAR: 9.4
2011 WAR: 11.4
2012 WAR: 13.4

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:10 am 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Favorite Team: Yankees
ZeroGibson13 wrote:
How many teams make the playoffs? If I miss the playoffs and am #1 in the power rankings I’m gonna be fairly upset

easy explanation, your team didn't play well on defense. now you know how drew brees feels

My list of success players

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 1:10 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

MLBPPWORLD FANTASY SEMIFINAL LEG 2 RECAP

Detroit Phantoms (DTigers115) 84.5 (181.5)
Atomic Pickles (AgentP) 123 (192.5)

Summary:
After digging themselves in a major hole last week, the Atomic Pickles needed major performances from several key players. They received exactly that beginning on Thursday thanks to 17 points from Patrick Mahomes and a shocking 26-point outing from Damien Williams. They also needed bounce-back outings from their other running backs. Todd Gurley and Tevin Coleman answered that call, combining for 48 points after combining for a mere 11-points in the first round of the match-up. Mike Evans also played well despite not finding the end-zone, recording 14 points. Poor performances from Zach Ertz and kicker Aldrick Rosas made the Pickles sweat heading into Sunday night's Eagles vs. Rams contest, but they were able to accomplish a major comeback victory. They will need to have a more balanced performance in order to defeat You've Been Juiced! in the championship game, and they will need to set their roster up well for a potential Mahomes and Gurley rests in Week 17. The Detroit Phantoms saw their run of miracles come to an end in heartbreaking fashion. They were crippled by an early game hip injury to Keenan Allen, which caused him to fail to score a single point. They were also hampered by the running back position as Kenneth Dixon and Theo Riddick failed to step up in Melvin Gordon's absence. Eric Ebron and Josh Gordon were egregious non-performers, combining for a horrific two points. Kicker Ka'imi Fairbairn nearly saved his team's miraculous run with a 22.5-point outburst, and Alshon Jeffery rose to the occasion once again this week, but the Phantoms could not survive the Pickles' comeback effort. If Keenan Allen would have finished the game healthy, the Phantoms may have advanced to the final round.

You've Been Juiced! (LetsGoMets77) 92 (227.5)
Kerryon My Wayward Son (Dishnet34) 93.5 (183)

Summary:
Despite a regression from last week, You've Been Juiced! finally overcame their playoff woes and clinched a spot in the championship round. Chris Carson was the main breakout performer, recording a season-high 22 points and putting injury concerns to rest. Aside from Carson, the rest of the lineup was a bit disappointing as the only other position players to surpass the double-digit mark were Ben Roethlisberger and Julian Edelman, who still scored less than usual. Minnesota's defense performed well, putting up 15 points in one of their best efforts of the season. Juju Smith-Schuster has been following a bit of a pattern lately, rotating strong performances with disappointing outings. This week was a 6-point disappointment despite Pittsburgh's victory. Ian Thomas and Kenny Stills were the two weak points in the lineup, recording a combined 3.5 points, but James Conner's potential return will solve the issues at the flex position. Greg Olsen's injury still looms large, but the tight end position has been very underwhelming around the league in 2018. You've Been Juiced! are in a great spot to win their first title. Kerryon My Wayward Son had some hope early in the matchup as Deshaun Watson returned to his usual level of production with a 21-point outing Saturday night. However, Phillip Lindsay disappointed with his first sub-10 point game since Week 9. The noon window was kind to Kerryon My Wayward Son due to an incredible 27.5-point showing from Dalvin Cook as well as a 17.5-point showing from Kenny Golladay. Special teams can make or break fantasy seasons, and they broke Kerryon My Wayward Son's season this week. Matt Prater and the Rams' defense failed to score a single point, which hindered the team's chances for an upset. The team's bounce-back season fell just short.

Consolation Ladder Scores
The Revengers (GoTwins24) 85.5 (155)
Los Angeles Aodgers (Kungfupandacam) 82 (210)

NBA is Better (BrewersFuzz) 102 (235)
Cool Brees (ZeroGibson13) 74.5 (164)

Spoiler Boilers (Queso James) 57 (170.5)
King of the North (PhilliesFan134) 82.5 (176.5)

Toby's Long Face (Q. Kimmel) 58.5 (160)
Team Griffith (jag123jg) 97.5 (187)

Best of luck to the two remaining teams!

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:29 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
HELL YELL CHAMPIONSHIP game HERE WE COME

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:22 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

MLBPPWORLD FANTASY CHAMPIONSHIP LEG 1 RECAP

You've Been Juiced! (LetsGoMets77) 112
Atomic Pickles (AgentP) 140

Summary:
Heading into the first leg of the championship round, it appeared that the Atomic Pickles were at a major disadvantage due to Todd Gurley's injury. However, these concerns were offset in a major way thanks to the emergence of Damien Williams, who continued his outstanding run with 20.5 points. After two somewhat low-scoring weeks, Patrick Mahomes delivered when it mattered most with a 27-point outing. Zach Ertz has had an up-and-down year fantasy-wise, but he showed up this week with a remarkable 29-point showing. Mike Evans has also had an up-and-down year, but he returned to his early season form with a strong 18-point outing. The unsung heroes of the game have to be DaeSean Hamilton and Courtland Sutton, who somehow managed to combine for 28 points despite an anemic offensive performance from Denver. The game was tied heading into Monday night's game, so poor performances from both players would have resulted in a much smaller margin of victory. This was the Pickles' strongest performance of the season by far. You've Been Juiced! got a little unlucky this week, losing by 28 despite an overall good game. Ben Roethlisberger had arguably his best game of the year, playing turnover-free football and recording 29 points. Chris Carson also had his season's best game, stomping all over Kansas City's defense to score 23 points. Julian Edelman was solid once again, scoring 16 points, which is just about his average total this year. Juju Smith-Schuster performed better than he did last week, but a key fumble late in the game lowered his point total to 14.5. Outside of these strong outings, the remainder of the team underwhelmed. Cameron Brate was a non-factor for the second straight week, scoring only a single point. The biggest missed opportunity actually came as a result of Todd Gurley's uncertain status. CJ Anderson gave the team 22.5 points off the bench, and he would have started over Alfred Blue had Gurley been left out of the lineup early. Somehow, the Atomic Pickles were helped by their own player's injury. It will take a strong effort and a regression from the Pickles for You've Been Juiced! to finally reach the promised land and end their streak of playoff defeats.

Detroit Phantoms (DTigers115) 101
Kerryon My Wayward Son (Dishnet34) 86

Toby's Long Face (Q. Kimmel) 57.5
The Revengers (GoTwins24) 105

King of the North (PhilliesFan134) 128.5
NBA is Better (BrewersFuzz) 73

Los Angeles Aodgers (Kungfupandacam) 52.5
Cool Brees (ZeroGibson13) 97.5

Team Griffith (jag123jg) 124.5
Spoiler Boilers (Queso James) 98

Best of luck to the two remaining teams in the final championship round!

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:13 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

ATOMIC PICKLES WIN 2018 MLBPPWORLD FANTASY CHAMPIONSHIP WITH A 232.5-218 VICTORY

Congratulations to the Atomic Pickles, who bounced back from two disappointing seasons to win their first MLBPPWORLD fantasy league title. Unlike the Jakku Scavengers last season, the Pickles held on to a large lead thanks to a few strong performances. Week 17 can be a tough fantasy week, especially with injuries to key players such as Todd Gurley. Mike Evans was the team's hero without a doubt, exploding for a near season-high 25 points. If Evans did not perform at this level, his team may not have won the championship. Team MVP Patrick Mahomes performed a bit below his average level, but his 17 points were still enough to lead his team to the win. Tevin Coleman also somewhat stepped up, avoiding another disappointing week with a passable 10.5 points. Damien Williams appears to be an interesting piece heading into 2019. He further supported the Pickles' championship aspirations with a decent 11.5 point effort. The team survived a massive letdown from Zach Ertz, who scored only 2.5 points. Luckily, solid performances offset Ertz's struggles and led the team to the promised land. Congratulations to the Pickles on the well-deserved title! Meanwhile, You've Been Juiced!'s playoff futility continued despite another strong performance. CJ Anderson made his way into the team's starting lineup and scored the exact same amount of points as he did last week. Julian Edelman also did the same. Chris Carson was a top performer over the last few weeks, finishing the season with a strong 18-point effort. Overall though, the Steelers trio that carried the team all season disappointed a bit. Ben Roethlisberger, James Conner, and Juju Smith-Schuster failed to surpass the 13-point mark. In fact, if the team started Jameis Winston over Roethlisberger, they would have pulled off the comeback victory. The team didn't perform terribly over the two-week matchup, but they needed to do more to win the title. Expect them to be back in 2019.

Detroit Phantoms (DTigers115) 106 (207)
Kerryon My Wayward Son (Dishnet34) 80 (166)

Toby's Long Face (Q. Kimmel) 100 (157.5)
The Revengers (GoTwins24) 99.5 (204.5)

King of the North (PhilliesFan134) 37.5 (166)
NBA is Better (BrewersFuzz) 63.5 (136.5)

Los Angeles Aodgers (Kungfupandacam) 108 (160.5)
Cool Brees (ZeroGibson13) 79.5 (177)

Team Griffith (jag123jg) 61.5 (187)
Spoiler Boilers (Queso James) 70.5 (168.5)

FINAL STANDINGS:
1. Atomic Pickles
2. You've Been Juiced!
3. Detroit Phantoms
4. Kerryon My Wayward Son
5. King of the North
6. NBA is Better
7. Cool Brees
8. Los Angeles Aodgers
9. Team Griffith
10. Spoiler Boilers
11. The Revengers
12. Toby's Long Face

Best of luck in September! I may post a season awards edition soon.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

Last edited by GoTwins24 on Mon Dec 30, 2019 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 6:35 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
*Whips profusely*

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7