Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for specific discussion about American Football, or other close cousins such as the CFL. It includes all age groups, from junior-high to the NFL. This includes fantasy sports.
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: MLBPPW Fantasy Football 2018
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2018 2:13 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
ZeroGibson13 wrote:
How many teams make the playoffs? If I miss the playoffs and am #1 in the power rankings I’m gonna be fairly upset

:angery:

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:24 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
ZeroGibson13 wrote:
How many teams make the playoffs? If I miss the playoffs and am #1 in the power rankings I’m gonna be fairly upset
lmfao cry about it

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:22 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Indians
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
MLBPPWORLD FANTASY WEEK 11 RECAP:

The Revengers (GoTwins24) 110
Los Angeles Aodgers (Kungfupandacam) 100

Summary:
Despite being officially eliminated from the playoffs, the Revengers spoiled the Aodgers' season in walk-off fashion. Josh Reynolds scored a touchdown early in Monday Night's game, finishing with 17 points, more than enough to win the game. They were in position to win thanks to the play of Houston's defense, who benefited from a pick-6 off of Alex Smith, former Aodgers QB. Antonio Brown struggled early, but he broke out of his slump by scoring a 78-yard touchdown, finishing just under the 20-point mark. Marlon Mack had a bounce-back performance, finishing with 12.5 points after an underwhelming 5-point performance last week. Mitchell Trubisky was a solid play, but scored 2 less points than benched-QB Kirk Cousins. The only major letdown was Tarik Cohen, who only scored 3.5 points due to a critical fumble in the second half. The Revengers will be wishing that they had more performances like this one throughout the season. The Aodgers see their playoff hopes in a dire state after a tough loss. Cam Newton was outstanding as usual, putting up 24 points despite Carolina's loss. Julio Jones has justified his draft position after a somewhat below average start, catching a touchdown for the third straight game and finishing with 20 points. The running back position was more dependable for the Aodgers as recently-acquired backs Lamar Miller and Joe Mixon both scored 11.5 points. Ultimately, it was the disappointing play of Trey Burton and Marquez Valdes-Scantling that led to the loss. Both players scored less than a point when even below average performances may have led to a victory. The Aodgers will now have to hope for a miracle to make the postseason.

Team Griffith (jag123jg) 72
Atomic Pickles (AgentP) 111

Summary:
The Atomic Pickles headed into Monday Night's historic game trailing by seven, but Patrick Mahomes answered the call. Despite several turnovers, Mahomes finished with a remarkable 35 points, his second highest mark in a record setting season. Normally, when Todd Gurley struggles, the opponent is in a prime position, but Mike Evans made up for Gurley's down week with 27 points. Evans has been a volatile performer this season, but his performance this week justified his consistent starting position. His teammate Peyton Barber has also been volatile, but he also shined this week with 17 points. The only major letdowns were the usually reliable Zach Ertz and Demaryius Thomas. Ertz managed only 2 points after scoring over 30 last week, and Thomas has still failed to have a major impact in Houston. The Atomic Pickles received more than enough to lead them to victory. Team Griffith's forgettable season continued this week. They were hindered by an all-time horrendous defensive performance from the Eagles, who lost them a whopping 11 points. Carson Wentz also was horrendous, not scoring a single point. T.Y. Hilton finally had a performance to remember, scoring 31.5 points. Leonard Fournette has been as advertised in his return, recording 20 points for the second straight week. After a sluggish start to the year, Odell Beckham Jr. has made himself the star of the team, surpassing the 15-point mark for the fourth consecutive game. Team Griffith also started a kicker on bye instead of looking to fill in the position, which cost them a small amount of points. Team Griffith will have to hope for a better year in 2019.

You've Been Juiced! (LetsGoMets77) 104.5
Cool Brees (ZeroGibson13) 134

Summary:
Week 11's premier game lived up to expectations in a high-scoring affair. Cool Brees continued their scorched earth run with another dominant scoring performance. They were led by Tyreek Hill, who recorded an astronomical 38 points, which made the game appear to be much more of a blowout than it was prior to Monday night's kickoff. Drew Brees has been spectacularly consistent the last three weeks, averaging almost 30 points per game. Alvin Kamara delivered yet another solid performance, scoring 16.5 points thanks to a fluid passing attack. Christian McCaffrey fell down to earth a bit after scoring 62 points in the last two weeks, but he still put up a respectable 13 points. Brandin Cooks has been one of the most quietly dependable players in the league this year, scoring double-digit point totals in all but two of the games he has played in. The Saints defense has been a question mark all season, but they impressed with 15 points this week. The only letdowns were Nick Vannett and Devin Funchess, who combined for 5.5 points, making the game closer than it should have been. Cool Brees once again looks to be the most dangerous team in the league. You've Been Juiced! failed to notch a statement win but still looked respectable. Mark Ingram scored 22 points again this week and appears to be returning to form. A major decision to start Eli Manning over Ben Roethlisberger appeared to be a bold but beneficial move, but Ben Roethlisberger put it together in the second half to finish with 20 points. Still, Eli was solid with 17 points, and the decision ultimately did not matter in the long run. James Conner and Juju Smith-Schuster have carried their team all season, but they failed to step up in this pivotal contest with a combined 21-point effort, much lower than their usual total. Greg Olsen was also a disappointment, scoring only 7 points with limited targets. It was a tough loss for You've Been Juiced!, but they remain in a prime position to compete in the postseason.

I Still See You R Shadows In My (Queso James) 117
King of the North (PhilliesFan134) 133.5

Summary:
King of the North silenced many critics with an inspired win. As has been the case throughout the year, Aaron Rodgers and Saquon Barkley were a deadly tandem, combining for an extraordinary 55 points. Adrian Peterson has been plagued by inconsistency, but he showed up this week with a 17-point outing. With Alex Smith's injury, it can be assumed that Peterson will see a greater amount of touches. Chicago's defense was one of the steals of the draft, continuing their great run of form with an 18-point outing. Doug Baldwin and Jalen Richard have continually been question marks, but they may have eased some worry with their solid performances this week. Many had not heard of Jonnu Smith prior to the season, but he managed to score 7 points this week. This a somewhat of a low total, but passable given the prior tight end situation. The only negative performance came from John Brown, who scored 2.5 points for the second straight game despite being expected to have a bigger role with Lamar Jackson at QB. Despite a low place in the power rankings, King of the North found ways to win all season, but now it appears that they are rising to the level of their position in the standings. I Still See You R Shadows In My made it much closer than it originally appeared thanks to Jared Goff's career-defining 34-point outing as well as Ezekiel Elliot's second straight dominant performance. Davante Adams and new wideout Michael Thomas also impressed, combining for 38 points. However, Dion Lewis struggled to find consistent touches in a blowout loss to the Colts, and Desean Jackson continued to underwhelm as a result of the offensive instability in Tampa. The biggest letdown was the poor performance from the usually reliable Chargers defense, who failed to score a single point against a lackluster Broncos offense. I Still See You R Shadows In My saw their chances of a late run disappear, but they can still hope to play spoiler to a few competitive teams.

Kerryon My Wayward Son (Dishnet34) 119.5
Toby's Long Face (Q. Kimmel) 93

Summary:
Kerryon My Wayward Son recovered from the most heartbreaking loss of the season to improve to 7-4. Stefon Diggs finally emerged as the star of the team, leading the way with 24.5 points. Kenny Golladay was great once again, recording 21 points. Denver rookie sensation Phillip Lindsay has been a top acquisition this season and bounced back from a below average performance to score a season high 23 points. Despite giving up over 50 points to Kansas City, the Rams defense still managed to score 18 points thanks to many takeaways and defensive touchdowns. Without those, they may have cost Kerryon My Wayward Son the game. Deshaun Watson failed to impress for the first time in a while this week, managing to score a mere 8 points. Dalvin Cook also struggled against a dominant run defense, failing to record a single point. Strong performances masked these disappointments and led Kerryon My Wayward Son to an excellent win. Toby's Long Face lost their fourth straight despite strong outings from tight ends Jordan Reed and Travis Kelce, who scored a combined 39.5 points. Robert Woods was also strong, recording 15 points. After a disappointing start to the year, David Johnson has tremendously improved, but he still scored 18 less points than last week. Matt Ryan uncharacteristically struggled, scoring 13 points, his second-lowest total of 2018. Devontae Booker marked a weak spot in the lineup by failing to score a single point. Toby's Long Face will still try to snap a bit of an unlucky losing streak in Week 12.

Detroit Phantoms (Dtigers115) 89
NBA is Better (BrewersFuzz) 127

Summary:
NBA is Better won their third straight game in convincing fashion. Aaron Jones has emerged as a top running back, surpassing the 20-point mark for the second straight week. Phillip Rivers performed well despite his team's loss, scoring 20 points and filling in quite nicely for Tom Brady. Kareem Hunt recovered from a down performance last week with an 18.5-point outing. These performances were enough to cover for some shaky receiver play. Adam Thielen and Deandre Hopkins had decent 11.5-point outputs, but these totals are much lower than what they are used to. Allen Robinson failed to build off of the momentum from his outstanding performance last week, failing to even reach the 5-point mark. Overall, NBA is Better did not have to worry much this week, and they can most likely expect their receivers to return to form in Week 12. The Phantoms saw their playoff hopes dashed in another disappointing result. After a tie last week, the Phantoms could not match their previous production as a result of not receiving a standout performance. Melvin Gordon, Kerryon Johnson, and Keenan Allen all surpassed the 15-point mark, but the remainder of the lineup failed to match their production. The Phantoms started Ryan Fitzpatrick over rookie Lamar Jackson, which lost them 8 points. Alshon Jeffery and Alex Collins continued their season-long struggles, combining for a total of 12 points. Most devastating was the injury to OJ Howard, who was placed in injured reserve for the rest of the season. With a weakened tight end position, it will be difficult for the Phantoms to recover from this loss. As the season progresses, last week's tie may have hindered the Phantoms' playoff prospects.

Standings:
Alvin Lockhart Division
You've Been Juiced! 7-4
Kerryon My Wayward Son 7-4
Detroit Phantoms 5-5-1
I still see you r shadows in my 4-7
The Revengers 4-7
Team Griffith 3-8

Gilgamesh Star Division
Atomic Pickles 7-3-1
NBA is Better 7-4
King of the North 7-4
Cool Brees 6-5
Los Angeles Aodgers 5-6
Toby's Long Face 3-8

Power Rankings (Based on Total Points Scored):
1. Cool Brees (1332.5)
2. Atomic Pickles (1258)
3. I still see you r shadows in my (1210)
4. You've Been Juiced! (1198)
5. NBA is Better (1196.5)
6. Los Angeles Aodgers (1162)
7. Detroit Phatoms (1142)
8. Kerryon My Wayward Son (1128.5)
9. Toby's Long Face (1121.5)
10. King of the North (1110)
11. The Revengers (1095)
12. Team Griffith (1046)

Playoff Picture
1. Atomic Pickles 7-3-1
2. You've Been Juiced 7-4
3. NBA is Better 7-4
4. Kerryon My Wayward Son 7-4
5. King of the North 7-4
6. Cool Brees 6-5
7. Detroit Phantoms 5-5-1
8. Los Angeles Aodgers 5-6

Week 12's Most Intriguing Games:
You've Been Juiced (7-4) vs. Los Angeles Aodgers (5-6)
Kerryon My Wayward Son (7-4) vs. King of the North (7-4)

Best of luck in Week 12!

BrewersFuzz wrote:
AND THEN IN A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS CLEVELAND BLOWS THE 3-1 LEAD THIS TIME

PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 6:41 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

i stand by my point that Zero's team is the best team in the league, but mine is the most consistent

no offense to anyone else honestly? y'all are doin great and i look forward to someone handing me a first-round playoff L for no justifiable reason. probably with a player i've dropped or traded away.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 5:30 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

MLBPPWORLD FANTASY WEEK 12 RECAP

The Revengers (GoTwins24) 91.5
Atomic Pickles (AgentP) 107

Summary:
With the dynamic duo of Patrick Mahomes and Todd Gurley on a bye, the Atomic Pickles needed to strike gold on the waiver wire. They did exactly that by picking up LeGarrette Blount and Dak Prescott. LeGarrette Blount was the most surprising player of the week, scoring 21.5 points against a strong Chicago run defense. His performance was especially surprising considering that he had not scored more than 2.5 points since Week 7. Dak Prescott delivered a clutch 26-point performance in a spot-start, which happened to be his second-best outing of the season. Zach Ertz rebounded from an off week by scoring 18.5 critical points. Another 2-point performance from Ertz would have resulted in a tough loss. Tevin Coleman was a major letdown until he salvaged a late touchdown, which allowed him to finish with a passable 8.5 points. The Pickles would have won more comfortably if they stuck with Demaryius Thomas over Courtland Sutton, but they can be proud of winning without Mahomes and Gurley. Jordan Howard and Kenyan Drake have driven the Revengers insane this season, and they continued that trend this week. The Revengers lost the game based on their decision to start Howard over Drake, which cost them 22 crucial points. In addition to Jordan Howard, Keke Coutee underwhelmed, managing to score a mere 2 points. Kirk Cousins returned to the lineup to make the scoreline closer than it should have been with a 26-point game, his best since Week 4. Antonio Brown was a disappointment against a solid Denver secondary, scoring a mediocre 10.5 points. Marlon Mack was also only passable as a result of a concussion he suffered in the third quarter, causing him to finish with only 10 points. Mack's injury was not the only Colts injury to adversely affect the Revengers as tight end Jack Doyle will miss the remainder of the season with a lacerated kidney. The Revengers are already thinking of the 2019 draft after another poor performance.

You've Been Juiced! (LetsGoMets77) 139
Los Angeles Aodgers (Kungfupandacam) 121.5

Summary:
You've Been Juiced! bounced back from a tough loss with a convincing victory. Juju Smith-Schuster provided the spark with a 97-yard touchdown that proved critical to the win. Without it, You've Been Juiced! would have been sweating towards the end of Monday Night's game. You've Been Juiced! has decided to stream quarterbacks instead of relying on Ben Roethlisberger, which paid off this week as Jameis Winston outscored Big Ben by a few points. Speaking of streaming, the Ravens' defense benefitted from a favorable matchup against the tanking Raiders and scored 22 key points. Julian Edelman was a key absence last week and showed his importance this week, scoring 16 points. James Conner has regressed a bit in the last three weeks, failing to surpass the 15-point mark in any of those games. This week also marked the second straight in which he scored a single-digit point total. mark Ingram suffered a bit of a drop-off as well, scoring 15 fewer points than each of the last two weeks. Aside from these drop-offs, You've Been Juiced! did more than enough to outlast a late comeback effort from the Aodgers. The Aodgers made it interesting in the second quarter of Monday Night's game thanks to a 97-yard touchdown run from Lamar Miller, but chances for a miraculous victory came to a halt when Miller's opportunities were limited in the second half. It was a solid team game for the Aodgers as Joe Mixon, Emmanuel Sanders, and Julio Jones all scored 17.5 points. Cam Newton was also dependable, recording 22 points. However, George Kittle was uncharacteristically mediocre, scoring less than ten points for the first time since Week 8. Washington's defense was also poor, scoring only a single point after a promising run of form. The Aodgers were officially eliminated with the loss, which can only be seen as a disappointment after a strong 3-1 start to the season.

Spoiler Boilers (Queso James) 103
Cool Brees (ZeroGibson13) 115

Summary:
Cool Brees continued their incredible run with a season-defining victory. With Tyreek Hill and Brandin Cooks on a bye, someone needed to step up. Christian McCaffrey answered that call, scoring an astonishing 40.5 points, which may have saved the season for Cool Brees. It was especially necessary as Alvin Kamara had a limited impact, failing to record a double-digit point total for only the second time this season. Drew Brees continued his MVP-worthy campaign with a solid 20-point showing. Matt Breida scored 12 fewer points than his last performance, but he was still solid with 14.5 points. These performances masked Dontrelle Inman's inability to cover for Hill and Cooks and Nick Vannett's second straight poor performance. However, Vannett's lack of production is the only thing for Cool Brees to be concerned about heading forward. Cool Brees appeared to be in a vulnerable position, but they once again overcame adversity. They will face Kerryon My Wayward Son in what appears to be the matchup of the season in the final week of the regular season. The Spoiler Boilers failed to live up to their name despite a strong start from Ezekiel Elliot, who surpassed the 20-point mark for the third straight week. Andrew Luck's consistency has been a sight to behold in 2018. Since Week 5, his point totals have fallen between 21-23 points without exception. Davante Adams has also been solidly consistent as he is still yet to score less than ten points at any point this season. DJ Moore has been a decent pickup for the Spoiler Boilers as he finished with 13 points. Michael Thomas was incredibly underwhelming, costing his team a chance to accomplish the desired spoiling victory a 5-point performance. Dion Lewis had the chance to deliver a walk-off win, but he was held to 6.5 points on limited touches. The Spoiler Boilers missed their chance to spoil a season, but they can still jump up in the overall standings with a win over the Aodgers next week.

Kerryon My Wayward Son (Dishnet34) 131
King of the North (PhilliesFan134) 121.5

Summary:
Kerryon My Wayward Son won the matchup of the week thanks to fellow Western Michigan product Corey Davis's late touchdown Monday Night. Davis finished with 20 points, reaching that mark for the third time this season. Baker Mayfield was a strong play once again this week, finishing with a 26-points. Stefon Diggs also rose to the occasion, recording 18 crucial points. Phillip Lindsay signified the team's youth movement with a 17-point outing. Jared Cook scored one of the highlight touchdowns of the week to finish with 10 points. Cook seems to be more involved in Oakland's offense, which could be a good sign for Kerryon My Wayward Son heading into the postseason. Their trust in Dalvin Cook despite a letdown last week paid off as Cook scored 13.5 points. If they decided to stream a different running back, devastating consequences may have followed. The win marked a major statement for Kerryon My Wayward Son, whose roster decisions have led them to an excellent season. King of the North's playoff chances took a hit with an unlucky defeat. The halfback duo of Saquon Barkley and the emerging Nick Chubb nearly won the game as they combined for 55 points. Adam Humphries and Jonnu Smith were also pleasant surprises as both put up solid point totals. Smith scored a critical touchdown early in Monday Night's contest that gave King of the North a late advantage, but the score did not hold. They can point to Aaron Rodgers and Adrian Peterson's sub-par performances as the reason for the loss as Rodgers scored a season low 11 points while Peterson labored for only 4. They will now need to win in Week 13 by a large margin and hope results elsewhere go in their favor in order to secure a second-consecutive playoff berth.

Detroit Phantoms (DTigers115) 115
Toby's Long Face (Q. Kimmel) 106

Summary:
The Detroit Phantoms recovered from a tough two-week stretch with a strong team victory. Lamar Jackson was a solid play despite a shaky game thanks to his rushing ability, putting up 20 points despite a pair of interceptions. The running back duo of Josh Adams and Melvin Gordon excelled with a combined total of 35 points, but the pairing will not last as Gordon suffered an injury that will keep him out of next week's game and perhaps the remainder of the season. Eric Ebron was a strong waiver claim, recording 18.5 points and re-claiming the starting tight end position in Indianapolis due to Jack Doyle's injury. Keenan Allen seems to have recovered from a slow start by totaling 16.5 points. The only major weakness in the team's lineup has been Alshon Jeffery, who has had an incredibly poor season partially due to injuries. The Phantoms will really regret the tie from two weeks ago as it has hindered their playoff hopes. Toby's Long Face fell to a league-worst 3-9 despite a decent outing. Amari Cooper was remarkable, recording 34.5 points and shattering his previous season high. Matt Ryan was also impactful, rebounding from a poor game to reach the 20-point mark. Rob Gronkowski returned to the lineup to score 12.5 points thanks to an incredible touchdown. It is safe to say that Toby's Long Face really suffered as a result of his injuries. Devontae Booker's inclusion in the starting lineup was a bit of a head-scratcher as James White outscored him by 7 points, a total that would have made this one a much closer contest. Toby's Long Face will hope to avoid a last place finish and can do so with a win against Team Griffith next week.

Team Griffith (jag123jg) 120
NBA is Better (BrewersFuzz) 113.5

Summary:
Team Griffith was the only team to accomplish a spoiling victory, even without starting a tight end. This was largely due to Leonard Fournette's 23.5 point game, which could have been even better had he not have been ejected in the middle of the game. Sony Michel finally made an impact, scoring over 20 points for the first time since Week 5. Russell Wilson also scored 21 points to solidify the victory. Odell Beckham Jr. regressed a bit after a strong run, but T.Y. Hilton and Tyler Boyd offset his struggles. The tight end position has caused issues for numerous teams this year, but Team Griffith proved that it is technically possible to win without one. NBA is Better will definitely regret this loss. Philip Rivers did all he could to save the week, tying a record for consecutive completions and scoring 20 points. Adam Thielen also returned to premier receiver status with a 22-point effort. Aaron Jones and Tyler Lockett added to the team's overall depth with 35 total points. The team trailed heading into Monday Night, but a strong performance from Deandre Hopkins would have led the team to victory. Unfortunately, Hopkins was held to under ten points as Demaryius Thomas received most of Deshaun Watson's attention. NBA is Better can ultimately chalk this one up to bad timing as Kareem Hunt was on bye, leading them to having to start the under-performing Duke Johnson Jr, who failed to impress with only 3 points. As a result, the team will have to rebound in a big way next week.

Standings:
Alvin Lockhart Division
You've Been Juiced! 8-4
Kerryon My Wayward Son 8-4
Detroit Phantoms 6-5-1
Spoiler Boilers 4-8
The Revengers 4-8
Team Griffith 4-8

Gilgamesh Star Division
Atomic Pickles 8-3-1
Cool Brees 7-5
NBA is Better 7-5
King of the North 7-5
Los Angeles Aodgers 5-7
Toby's Long Face 3-9

Power Rankings (Based on Total Points Scored):
1. Cool Brees (1447.5)
2. Atomic Pickles (1365)
3. You've Been Juiced! (1337)
4. Spoiler Boilers (1313.5)
5. NBA is Better (1310)
6. Los Angeles Aodgers (1283.5)
7. Kerryon My Wayward Son (1259.5)
8. Detroit Phantoms (1257)
9. King of the North (1231.5)
10. Toby's Long Face (1227.5)
11. The Revengers (1186.5)
12. Team Griffith (1166)

Playoff Picture
1. Atomic Pickles 8-3-1
2. You've Been Juiced! 8-4
3. Kerryon My Wayward Son 8-4
4. Cool Brees 7-5
5. NBA is Better 7-5
6. King of the North 7-5

Week 13's Most Intriguing Games:
Atomic Pickles (8-3-1) vs. You've Been Juiced! (8-4)
Cool Brees (7-5) vs. Kerryon My Wayward Son (8-4)
King of the North (7-5) vs. Detroit Phantoms (6-5-1)

Best of luck in the final week of the season!

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2018 7:58 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Oh man oh man oh man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2018 1:42 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

The work below was done by QuesoJames in the discord, just including it here because it's relevant

PLAYOFF PICTURE:
1. Atomic Pickles (8-3-1) (clinched playoff birth)
vs.
4. Cool Brees (7-5) (only if tiebreaker is points scored)

2. You've Been Juiced (8-4)
vs.
3. Kerryon My Wayward Son (8-4)

IN THE HUNT
5. NBA Is Better (7-5) (see 4)
6. King of the North (7-5)

POTENTIAL SPOILER MATCHUPS

Atomic Pickles (8-3-1) vs. You've Been Juiced! (8-4)
-even though it is #1 vs. #2, a blowout loss for LGM could deny him a playoff spot

Cool Brees vs. Kerryon My Wayward Son
-a loss for either team could result in no playoffs, depending on the circumstances

Detroit Phantoms vs. King of the North
-an upset by jkp would deny any hopes of the playoffs for Nick, who is the lowest scoring team in the playoff hunt

Revengers vs. NBA is Better
-an average team scoring wise, a loss by Kil here would kill his playoff chances

LARGELY IRRELEVANT MATCHUPS

Spoiler Boilers vs. Los Angeles Aodgers
-Unfortunately, there are no more teams that Spoiler Boilers or Los Angeles Aodgers can ruin (unless scoring is not at a premiun) this season.

Toby's Long Face vs. Team Griffith
-there is nothing either can do to spoil anyones season as these teams' records (3-9 and 4-8) and scoring totals are some of the worst in the league. This is the Trash Bowl.

TO CLINCH
Atomic Pickles: score 0 points

You've Been Juiced: win or score at minimum 27.5 points fewer than NBA

Kerryon My Wayward Son: win or score 51 points more than NBA

Cool Brees: win or NBA loss

NBA is Better: win and CB loss

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:17 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

MLBPPWORLD FANTASY WEEK 13 RECAP

The Revengers (GoTwins24) 99
NBA is Better (BrewersFuzz) 95

Summary:
The Revengers were the only team to play spoiler this season, pulling out a narrow four-point win. After a string of low-scoring performances, Tarik Cohen broke back onto the scene with 28 points, most of which came through the air. Antonio Brown has had somewhat of a down year by his standards, but he returned to his 2017 form this week with a game-winning 26-point outing on Sunday night. It appeared early on that their decision to stream Seattle's defense ahead of Houston's, but the Texans dropped ten points in the second half. The Seahawks justified the decision on a 98-yard interception return from Bobby Wagner. They survived a brutal performance from Kirk Cousins, who has been a letdown after a strong start to the season. Marlon Mack also struggled along with the Colts' offense, managing a mere 2.5-points. Josh Reynolds also could not live up to his Week 11 performance, recording only 2 points. Despite these disappointments, the Revengers eeked out a spoiling victory. NBA is Better saw their playoff hopes vanish Friday with the release of Kareem Hunt. They signed Derrick Henry to fill the vacancy, and while Henry scored 11 points, it was nowhere near the number of points Hunt had been providing. Phillip Rivers tried to save the season, but he ultimately fell one touchdown short of forcing at least a tie. Deandre Hopkins and Adam Thielen shouldered some of the blame, combining for only 23 points. Deandre Hopkins faltered down the stretch upon the addition of Demaryius Thomas in Houston, which cost NBA is Better a chance at a playoff spot. David Njoku was the glaring weakness in the lineup this week as he failed to score even two points. If he would have performed up to last week's standard, NBA is Better would be preparing for the postseason. Instead, they will face a long wait in the offseason.

Atomic Pickles (AgentP) 114
You've Been Juiced! (LetsGoMets77) 104.5

Summary:
The Atomic Pickles outlasted You've Been Juiced! to capture the top seed in the league. Patrick Mahomes and Todd Gurley solidified their status as the premier QB-RB duo in the league with a combined total of 61.5-points, more than half of the team's total. This combination offset what was a letdown from the rest of the lineup. Outside of Mahomes and Gurley, Aldrick Rosas was the second-highest scorer with 15 points, a remarkably high total for a kicker. Zach Ertz was the only other player to surpass ten points with a 12.5-point game. For the fourth straight week, Tevin Coleman was massively underwhelming, failing to score even a single point. If the Falcons offense continues to struggle egregiously, the RB2 spot will be a point of concern for the Pickles. Demaryius Thomas returned to the lineup in underwhelming fashion, scoring only 4.5 points. The Pickles managed to pull off an encouraging win, but they will need to make sure that their depth is as strong as possible in case Mahomes and Gurley can't keep up the pace down the stretch. You've Been Juiced! dropped down to the third playoff seed, but can still be proud of the fact that they are the only team to make the playoffs in all three seasons of the current fantasy league. James Conner bounced back after three down games to score over twenty points. He could have scored even more had he not left the game early due to a leg contusion. Unfortunately for You've Been Juiced!, Conner will miss the first week of the postseason and could potentially miss even more. Ben Roethlisberger returned to the lineup with a 17-point performance, which was solid but not enough to carry his team to the victory. The team took a flyer on Spencer Ware, starting him over Mark Ingram. The move turned out to be beneficial as Ware outscored Ingram by 7.5 points. IT will be interesting to see if the team sticks with Ware or shifts back to Ingram. After great weeks last week, Julian Edelman and Juju Smith-Schuster failed to make major impacts, but their struggles are probably not much of a worry. The team's biggest worry may be the tight end position as Greg Olsen's health struggles continued with another season-ending injury. Cameron Brate will have to step up in the postseason after a string of poor performances. Chris Carson's health is another concern, but the team has a couple of options to replace him in the flex spot. Despite dropping two out of their last three, You've Been Juiced! will still be a tough team to face in the playoffs, but James Conner's health looms large.

Los Angeles Aodgers (Kungfupandacam) 81.5
Spoiler Boilers (Queso James) 94.5

Summary:
The Spoiler Boilers came out victorious in a match-up that was only to decide consolation ladder seeding. Ezekiel Elliot carried the team with a 22-point outing, his fourth straight over 20 points. If Elliot would have produced somewhat close to this between weeks 5 and 9, the Boilers may have had a shot to make the postseason. Despite Green Bay's struggling offense, Davante Adams continued his high level of production with a 19-point showing. These outings gave the Boilers enough of a cushion to win despite a poor performance from Andrew Luck, who ended his run of extreme consistency by scoring only 8 points. Austin Ekeler also did not perform up to expectations, scoring only 6.5 points despite more touches. Michael Thomas was a great acquisition, but he has struggled after being inserted into the Boilers' lineup, managing only 6.5 points against his former team. The Boilers scored less than they probably should have, but it was still enough to win comfortably. The Aodgers continued their poor run of form by dropping their third consecutive game. Their leading scorer happened to be kicker Justin Tucker, who scored 17 points. The Aodgers had some solid performers, such as 15-point scorer Cam Newton and Jarvis Landry, who finally performed up to expectations after a dreadful 4-week stretch. Lamar Miller regressed after a season-high performance last week with only 11.5 points. Julio Jones and Emmanuel Sanders are to blame for the loss after they combined for a mere five points, an awful total for players of their caliber. It will be a tough offseason for the Aodgers after falling out of the playoff race and into 9th place overall.

Cool Brees (ZeroGibson13) 78.5
Kerryon My Wayward Son (Dishnet34) 105

Summary:
Kerryon My Wayward Son captured a major playoff-clinching victory in convincing fashion. Fantasy experts have praised Phillip Lindsay's value due to a favorable schedule, and Lindsay backed this praise with a season-high 27.5-point outburst. Jared Cook performed at a top level with 19.5 points, his highest total since Week 4. Deshaun Watson was a solid performer, scoring 15, but it was a bit of a drop-off from last week. Stefon Diggs also dropped off from the last two weeks in a poor offensive performance, recording 6.5 points. The team received tough news on the injury front as AJ Green will miss the entire rest of the season with a toe injury. Kenny Golladay, Stefon Diggs, and perhaps Anthony Miller will need to fill the void left behind by Green. Kerryon My Wayward Son completed a successful bounce-back season and clinched the second overall seed. Cool Brees will be unable to defend their title after a majorly disappointing week. Issues arose early in the week as Drew Brees and Alvin Kamara, the backbone of the team, combined for a season-low 17 points. Christian McCaffrey nearly saved the team's season again with a 25.5-point outing, but he was the only player who rose to the occasion. He was the only player to score more than 10 points. After scoring 38 points against the Rams, Tyreek Hill only scored 4.5 points. Matt Breida suffered an injury and finished with only 6.5 points. Ultimately, the tight end position proved to be the team's Achilles' heel. Dan Arnold was a risk that did not pay off as he only scored a mere 3 points. Cool Brees saw their excellent run of form fall just short, and have to feel a bit unlucky after a rough start to the season.

King of the North (PhilliesFan134) 98
Detroit Phantoms (DTigers115) 116.5

Summary:
Heading into the final week of the season, the Detroit Phantoms needed three results to go their way. First, they needed to defeat an improved King of the North team that would be no easy task to defeat. Secondly, they needed a red-hot Cool Brees team to lose to Kerryon My Wayward Son. Finally, they need a volatile Revengers team to defeat Cool Brees. All three of these results occurred, and the Phantoms clinched the fourth seed. Keenan Allen has been a second-half production machine in each of the last two years, and he continued this trend with a 29-point outing. Ka'imi Fairbairn was the highest scoring kicker in a week that consisted of many field goals with a strong 21-point showing. Lamar Jackson has been a great addition thanks to his rushing ability, and if he can improve his passing numbers, he can be a major weapon in the postseason. Eric Ebron showed his value by scoring 11 points in a terrible outing from the Colts. If the Colts return to their usual form, Ebron will be another major playoff weapon. The Phantoms have to be feeling optimistic after their prayers to the fantasy gods were answered. King of the North saw their season end despite a solid team effort. They will be upset that they will be unable to show off their shiny running back pairing of Nick Chubb and Saquon Barkley in the postseason. The pairing closed the season with a combined 30-point effort. Adam Humphries had another solid week with a 15.5-point game. Coincidentally, he scored almost the same amount as Aaron Rodgers, who has been a surprising disappointment in the last two weeks. However, the biggest letdown was the Chicago Bears defense, who failed to carry the team to another victory by scoring 5 points, their first single-digit total since Week 8. Similarly to Cool Brees, the tight end position was the team's Achilles' heel. Gerald Everett scored 17 fewer points than he did two weeks ago. King of the North will regret their 61.5-59 loss to Toby's Long Face in Week 1, which was a major missed opportunity.

Team Griffith (jag123jg) 101.5
Toby's Long Face (Q. Kimmel) 68.5

Summary:
Pride was the only thing on the line this week, and Team Griffith claimed it and avoided last place in the league. Russell Wilson once again led the way with 24 points. Odell Beckham Jr. was solid after a couple of disappointing weeks, scoring 15.5 points thanks to his second passing touchdown of the season. T.Y. Hilton and Tyler Boyd complimented Beckham with 11 and 12 points, respectively. Gus Edwards and Lesean Mccoy each scored 8 points, which was enough to seal a comfortable win. It was another tough year for Team Griffith, but at least they avoided the bottom spot in the league. Toby's Long Face bottomed out after a few unlucky defeats. Chris Godwin was somehow the only player to perform well, scoring 18.5 points. The entire rest of the lineup struggled mightily. After 34 points last week, Amari Cooper scored only 9. Rob Gronkowski and Jordan Reed closed out a disappointing year with a combined 7.5 points. Matt Ryan performed at his lowest level since the first week of the year, managing less than double-digit points for only the second time. David Johnson was drafted fourth overall, which turned out to be a major letdown. His only great week came in Week 10 when he scored 32.5 points. Toby's Long Face lost their sixth straight to fall into last place in the league.

Final Standings:
Alvin Lockhart Division
Kerryon My Wayward Son 9-4
You've Been Juiced! 8-5
Detroit Phantoms 7-5-1
Spoiler Boilers 5-8
The Revengers 5-8
Team Griffith 5-8

Gilgamesh Star Division
Atomic Pickles 9-3-1
Cool Brees 7-6
NBA is Better 7-6
King of the North 7-6
Los Angeles Aodgers 5-8
Toby's Long Face 3-10

Playoff Matchups:
(1) Atomic Pickles (9-3-1) vs. (4) Detroit Phantoms (7-5-1)
(2) Kerryon My Wayward Son (9-4) vs. (3) You've Been Juiced! (8-5)

Final Power Rankings (Based on Total Points Scored):
1. Cool Brees (1526)
2. Atomic Pickles (1479)
3. You've Been Juiced! (1441.5)
4. Spoiler Boilers (1408)
5. NBA is Better (1405)
6. Detroit Phantoms (1373.5)
7. Los Angeles Aodgers (1365)
8. Kerryon My Wayward Son (1364.5)
9. King of the North (1329.5)
10. Toby's Long Face (1296)
11. The Revengers (1285.5)
12. Team Griffith (1267.5)

Best of luck to each of the playoff teams! Feel free to make your playoff predictions in the thread below!

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:19 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
I’m still declaring myself the national champion as the power rankings leader.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:27 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

ZeroGibson13 wrote:

Okay, UCF

Looking forward to tying JP again :3

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:02 am 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Favorite Team: Rockies
Console '07: Don't Own
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu
Congrats to Jag, the Trash Bowl I winner!
Q's team is officially the worst this season.

K O N I S H I
2008 WAR: 9.4
2011 WAR: 11.4
2012 WAR: 13.4

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:51 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

ZeroGibson13 wrote:
L

Also speaking of L’s thanks James Conner for carrying my team to the playoffs and finally deciding to dip

‘Twas a good run

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:56 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
I rate Agent’s playoff performance a D-

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:40 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

detroittigers15 wrote:
I rate your pre-season draft grades an F

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:54 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

detroittigers15 wrote:

Seems generous

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next