Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:14 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for specific discussion about American Football, or other close cousins such as the CFL. It includes all age groups, from junior-high to the NFL. This includes fantasy sports.
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: MLBPPW Fantasy Football 2018
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 9:58 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
lol why would you suspect that from a journalism student? lolol

In all seriousness, though, I typed it up onto a sticky note and just copy-pasta'd there. I did use your order, though. I'll go back and cite. :P

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:30 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Don't Own
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
I confirmed with Jag that I'm in - gotta get my fix as you guys are the only online one of my four leagues

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 9:30 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Just got confirmation from PP27, so including the person we got from the Discord to replace Prediction, we now have 12 teams for this season!

Now comes the part of when we're going to draft! When would work best? I was thinking sometime in late August or so.

"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:30 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '08: Wii and DS
Add me to the discord lmao

And yeah after preseason works

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:40 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
LetsGoMets77 wrote:
Add me to the discord lmao

Check ur PMs lmao

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 4:25 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Favorite Team: Yankees
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
for me, preferably after the preseason. as of now, i would also prefer a night time draft

My list of success players

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2018 11:44 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tentative draft date/time is next Saturday, August 25, at 10pm EST. Is that OK with everyone?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 4:00 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Favorite Team: Yankees
dishnet34 wrote:
Tentative draft date/time is next Saturday, August 25, at 10pm EST. Is that OK with everyone?

yessir

My list of success players

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:31 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Indians
That time works for me.

BrewersFuzz wrote:
AND THEN IN A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS CLEVELAND BLOWS THE 3-1 LEAD THIS TIME

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2018 12:51 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
I hope that works for me, I’m not sure

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2018 10:32 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Draft is tomorrow at 10pm EST! Be there or be square!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2018 9:21 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Draft room open! Go, go, go!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:10 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

dtigers' 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football Draft Grades

Atomic Pickles
Owner: AgentP
2017 record: 3-10

1.01: RB Todd Gurley
2.12: WR Mike Evans
3.01: TE Zach Ertz
4.12: WR Josh Gordon
5.01: RB Tevin Coleman
6.12: RB Rashaad Penny
7.01: QB Cam Newton
8.12: WR Michael Gallup
9.01: D/ST Jaguars
10.12: WR Courtland Sutton
11.01: QB Patrick Mahomes
12.12: RB Kelly Juszczyk
13.01: TE Benjamin Watson
14.12: K Greg Zeurlein
15.01: RB Frank Gore
16.12: RB Elijah McGuire

Recap: Agent went with Todd Gurley first overall, but after that, there are some question marks. While I wouldn't call Zach Ertz and Mike Evans reaches at the 2-3 turn, there are concerns about Ertz' injury history and touchdown regression, and Mike Evans is now two years removed from his lone great season. Personally, I would have taken Jordan Howard (3.03) and T.Y. Hilton (3.08) here, saving the tight end position for later in the draft when the RBs and WRs are thinner.

The upside in Josh Gordon is obvious, but I personally would rather have someone safer. Tevin Coleman I actually believe is fair value here, despite it being a reach by ADP standards, and I'm not sure Agent could have gotten him at the 6.12, so if he believes in him, it's a smart pick. If Agent would have picked Jordan Howard and T.Y. Hilton at the 2-3 turn, a tight end could have been an option at 6.12, where Rashaad Penny represents decent upside but a lot of risk. Trey Burton (8.03) and Kyle Rudolph (8.10) were both available here, and if Agent had left Ertz for someone else, perhaps Evan Engram (6.08), Greg Olsen (6.07), or Jimmy Graham (6.05) would have slipped to this pick. I like Cam Newton at 7.01, I think that's fair value.

After the seventh round, Agent went with a homer pick in Michael Gallup, who is a decent sleeper but could have been had much later, and reached on defense at the first pick of the ninth. Courtland Sutton is another interesting sleeper at the back of the tenth, but guys like Rishard Matthews (11.09) and Tyler Lockett (12.02) represent similar upside with a higher chance of hitting, in my opinion. Mahomes is a high upside backup QB, although I don't usually draft a backup QB, I don't mind that pick. Agent then selected a fullback for the meme, grabbed Benjamin Watson who I like in the 13th round, and managed to get last year's #1 kicker in the 14th, rounding out their roster with Frank Gore in the 15th and crowning Elijah McGuire Mr. Irrelevant.

Synopsis: Led by last year's #1 RB, #1 D/ST, and #1 K, the Pickles will need to pray Gurley stays healthy and stay active on waivers to overcome their lack of depth.

Grade: D-*

*This was originally a flat D, but you get a minus because you drafted a fullback.

You've Been Juiced!
Owner: LGM77
2017 record: 10-3 (3rd place)

1.02: RB Le'Veon Bell
2.11: RB LeSean McCoy
3.02: WR Larry Fitzgerald
4.11: RB Mark Ingram
5.02: WR JuJu Smith-Schuster
6.11: QB Russell Wilson
7.02: WR Marquise Goodwin
8.11: WR Julian Edelman
9.02: RB Chris Carson
10.11: TE Jack Doyle
11.02: RB Jordan Wilkins
12.11: WR D.J. Moore
13.02: D/ST Vikings
14.11: RB C.J. Anderson
15.02: K Chris Boswell
16.11: RB Chris Ivory

Recap: With the second pick (which is one of the best slots to draft from this year), LGM started off with the running back tandem of Le'Veon Bell and LeSean McCoy. Although I would've personally grabbed Jordan Howard (3.03) over McCoy, I have no problem with that pick at 23rd overall. Larry Fitzgerald is a great pick at the beginning of the third, and I love Mark Ingram at the back of the fourth (I was actually hoping he'd somehow make it all the way back to me at 5.09). I'm not as enamored with JuJu as some experts, but he's certainly a fair pick if he falls to the fifth round as he did here. LGM then got 2017's #1 QB in Russell Wilson, who somehow fell all the way to the end of the sixth. I normally like to wait on QB, but that's great value.

Marquise Goodwin has gotten a lot of hype this preseason and should be Garoppolo's #1 target on a revitalized 49ers offense. Edelman is a steal at the end of the eighth, and it's interesting to me that LGM went with the two highest profile suspended players. Carson is a good bet to be valuable in the first half while Ingram and Edelman are out, and after that LGM should have no problem cutting or trading him.

It's looking more and more like Eric Ebron won't be a factor for the Colts this season, so Jack Doyle is a very solid 10th round TE. I don't love Wilkins, as it's looking like Christine Michael will be involved while Mack and Turbin are out, and I like the trio of WR sleepers--John Ross, John Brown, and Chris Godwin--taken in the 13th round better than D.J. Moore, but at this point it's nitpicking. I like Anderson at that pick, although not as much as I did a month ago, and Boswell is a great kicker. LGM rounded out his draft by handcuffing LeSean McCoy, a smart move.

Synopsis: With a slew of excellent mid-round picks and a top three RB, LGM should have no problem withstanding the four game suspensions of Ingram and Edelman and find himself in playoff contention once again.

Grade: A-

The Revengers
Owner: GoTwins
2017 record: 10-3 (2nd place)

1.03: WR Antonio Brown
2.10: RB Jerick McKinnon
3.03: RB Jordan Howard
4.10: WR Marvin Jones Jr.
5.03: RB Kenyan Drake
6.10: WR Michael Crabtree
7.03: RB Tarik Cohen
8.10: TE Kyle Rudolph
9.03: QB Kirk Cousins
10.10: WR Mohamed Sanu
11.03: RB Gio Bernard
12.10: WR Anthony Miller
13.03: D/ST Texans
14.10: WR Keelan Cole
15.03: K Will Lutz
16.10: RB Corey Clement

Recap: It was an interesting choice to pass on both David Johnson and Ezekiel Elliot with the third overall pick, but I think that both have enough question marks to justify selecting Antonio Brown here. It's a risk averse strategy, and I think GoTwins did well for himself with the RB trio of McKinnon, Howard, and Drake. Marvin Jones 46th overall is fair, but I would probably single out Michael Crabtree in the sixth as my least favorite pick GoTwins made. I would've preferred Marquise Goodwin (7.02), Robert Woods (7.04), Emmanuel Sanders (7.05), Robby Anderson (7.07), or Sammy Watkins (7.11) here.

Nothing really jumps out at me from this team, although Jordan Howard at the 3.03 may be one of my favorite picks of the draft. He handcuffed Howard with Tarik Cohen, who has some flex value on his own, and stacked Kyle Rudolph and Kirk Cousins at relatively fair values in the eighth and ninth rounds. Anthony Miller looks to be a talented player, but I'm not buying the fourth target on a Trubisky-led Bears team, even if Matt Nagy is at the helm, and I would've rather had John Ross, John Brown, or Chris Godwin, who were all selected in the following round. I love Cole and Clement as late sleepers.

Synopsis: GoTwins made a lot of safe picks and got at least fair value on most of them, but the team formerly known as the Jakku Scavengers may lack the upside needed to return to the title game, and if Jerick McKinnon and Kenyan Drake don't work out, the Revengers will need to strike gold on the waiver wire.

Grade: B

Toby's Long Face
Owner: Q
2017 record: n/a

1.04: RB David Johnson
2.09: TE Rob Gronkowski
3.04: TE Travis Kelce
4.09: WR Amari Cooper
5.04: WR Alshon Jeffrey
6.09: RB Rex Burkhead
7.04: WR Robert Woods
8.09: WR Pierre Garcon
9.04: TE Jordan Reed
10.09: WR Marqise Lee
11.04: WR Paul Richardson
12.09: QB Matt Ryan
13.04: WR Chris Godwin
14.09: RB Devontae Booker
15.04: D/ST Patriots
16.09: K Graham Gano

Recap: The first of three autodrafters, Toby's Long Face demonstrated why it's not a good idea to let ESPN pick your team. While I actually love the first two picks, the AI then apparently felt that it was necessary to have two of the top three tight ends, and then drafted six wide receivers in the next eight rounds while also *(censored)* STEALING JORDAN REED FROM ME. Marqise Lee also appeared to seriously injure his knee today and could miss significant time, if not the entire season.

Synopsis: On the bright side, the AI waited until the 12th to take a quarterback and didn't reach for a defense or kicker. On the not-so-bright side, Long Face is only rostering three running backs, and one of them is Devontae Booker. That said, there is enough value at receiver here that if Q can trade for some running back depth, he can salvage the season.

Grade: D+

Titsburgh Feelers
Owner: Queso
2017 record: 6-7

1.05: RB Ezekiel Elliot
2.08: WR Davante Adams
3.05: RB Joe Mixon
4.08: WR Golden Tate
5.05: RB Jay Ajayi
6.08: TE Evan Engram
7.05: WR Emmanuel Sanders
8.08: QB Andrew Luck
9.05: WR Kelvin Benjamin
10.08: RB Peyton Barber
11.05: WR Cameron Meredith
12.08: WR DeSean Jackson
13.05: WR John Ross
14.08: WR Dez Bryant
15.05: D/ST Chargers
16.08: K Adam Vinetari

Recap: The second autodrafted team actually turned out quite a bit better than the first. Queso was fortunate enough to get three solid running backs in the first five rounds, and a pair of very good receivers in Adams and Tate. After the fifth round, however, my opinion on these picks take a turn for the worse. I am down on Evan Engram this year, and Queso probably would be better off with Rex Burkhead (6.09) at that spot. Sanders is okay, but I think he's a reach in the seventh round. Luck looked very good in his third preseason game, so I think he's a good pick in the eighth, but Benjamin is uninspiring and I don't love Meredith or DeSean Jackson either. Peyton Barber isn't exciting, but Ronald Jones has been awful this preseason and was not much better in camp by all accounts, so getting a starting running back in the tenth round is nothing to sneeze at. John Ross is a nice sleeper, but the AI then saddled Queso with Dez Bryant, who is still without a team.

Synopsis: Queso has a solid core, but is lacking a bit of depth. With the right in-season management, however, he should have no problem competing for a playoff spot.

Grade: C+

nick n00ns
Owner: philliesfan
2017 record: 10-3 (4th place)

1.06: RB Saquon Barkley
2.07: RB Devonta Freeman
3.06: WR Doug Baldwin
4.07: QB Aaron Rodgers
5.06: WR Chris Hogan
6.07: TE Greg Olsen
7.06: RB Jamaal Williams
8.07: RB Ronald Jones
9.06: WR Jordy Nelson
10.07: WR Kenny Stills
11.06: RB Adrian Peterson
12.07: RB Latavius Murray
13.06: WR John Brown
14.07: WR Christian Kirk
15.06: D/ST Saints
16.07: K Harrison Butker

Recap: The sixth pick is one of the most difficult to make this year, assuming none of the consensus top five fall. They didn't here, and Nick went with Saquon Barkley, which, although it's not the pick I would've made, I have zero problem with it. He followed that up with three picks that I love in Freeman, Baldwin, and Rodgers, the latter of whom somehow fell all the way to the 43rd pick. The end of the third round is where I start considering Rodgers, so to get him in the middle of the fourth is great value.

I don't love Olsen, even though I have him ranked as my TE4. Williams is slated to start the year as Green Bay's primary runner, but he was outperformed by Aaron Jones last year and could be ousted come week five. It will be interesting to see if Jordy Nelson can recapture his touchdown upside with Derek Carr, but I'm not buying it.

I have Kenny Stills ranked similarly to DeVante Parker, who I took a few picks earlier at the 10.04. I'm not overly interested in a 33-year old Peterson, and I would've rather had Matt Breida (11.07) or Aaron Jones (12.02) here, but I understand the pick. Latavius Murray has good touchdown upside, and I very much like Nick's 13th and 14th round WR sleepers in John Brown and Christian Kirk. The Saints also have a nice opening schedule defensively, starting the year against the Buccaneers and the Browns.

Synopsis: Although a little shallow at the position, the n00ns' top two running backs alongside Doug Baldwin and Aaron Rodgers provide a good foundation. If Jamaal Williams or Ronald Jones turns out to be something and Greg Olsen plays like he did a couple years ago, this team will have a shot at contention.

Grade: B+

Cool Brees
Owner: Zero
2017 record: 9-4 (League Champion)

1.07: RB Alvin Kamara
2.06: RB Christian McCaffrey
3.07: WR Tyreek Hill
4.06: WR Brandin Cooks
5.07: QB Drew Brees
6.06: RB Carlos Hyde
7.07: WR Robby Anderson
8.06: WR Devin Funchess
9.07: WR Allen Hurns
10.06: RB Ty Montgomery
11.07: RB Matt Breida
12.06: WR Danny Amendola
13.07: TE Charles Clay
14.06: WR James Washington
15.07: D/ST Broncos
16.06: K Robbie Gould

Recap: It should be of no surprise that our reigning champion and resident Saints homer Zero took Alvin Kamara once he fell to him at the seventh pick. He followed that up with two of the preseason's biggest risers, in McCaffrey and Hill, both picks that I like. Personally, I would've had T.Y. Hilton (3.08), Stefon Diggs (3.12), or Adam Thielen (3.11) ahead of Hill, but he's more than a fair pick at 3.07.

I don't like Brandin Cooks in the fourth round, and Golden Tate (4.08), Amari Cooper (4.09), or Marvin Jones Jr. (4.10) would have been a better selection at WR in my opinion, but honestly, if I had been in this situation, I don't think I could've passed on the combination of floor and upside provided by stacking Alvin Kamara with Mark Ingram (4.11).

Drew Brees is a huge reach in the fifth round, but I don't think Zero would argue that, and fantasy is supposed to be fun, so take your favorite players (especially if there's no money involved). While I do think Carlos Hyde will be the primary ballcarrier for Cleveland, I think he's a significant reach at 66th overall, especially considering his ADP is in the low 100s. Robby Anderson is a good pick, and Ty Montgomery and Matt Breida are solid later round RBs. Zero punted the tight end position and ended up with Charles Clay, which isn't who my choice would be, but I like the strategy.

Synopsis: It's not how I would've done it, but most of Zero's picks were at least justifiable, and he has a history of success in the league.

Grade: B-

Team Griffith
Owner: jag

1.08: WR Odell Beckham Jr.
2.05: WR A.J. Green
3.08: WR T.Y. Hilton
4.05: RB Derrick Henry
5.08: RB Marshawn Lynch
6.05: TE Jimmy Graham
7.08: QB Carson Wentz
8.05: RB Sony Michel
9.08: RB Marlon Mack
10.05: QB Ben Roethlisberger
11.08: D/ST Eagles
12.05: K Stephen Gostkowski
13.08: TE Tyler Eifert
14.05: RB Doug Martin
15.08: RB Nick Chubb
16.05: WR Corey Coleman

Recap: I'm not sure if it was a deliberate strategy or if jag was just taking the best player available, but he went WR heavy early and came away with three potential WR1's in OBJ, A.J. Green, and T.Y. Hilton. He then grabbed a pair of solid running backs before rounding out his starting lineup with Jimmy Graham and Carson Wentz. I probably would've continued taking RBs in the 6th and 7th rounds if I had been in his spot, but Graham and Wentz are solid picks where they went, and if jag isn't a fan of Rex Burkhead (6.09), there weren't a whole lot of running back options at this point.

Sony Michel and Marlon Mack represent the kind of upside needed for a zero RB draft strategy. I like Ben Roethlisberger in fantasy this year, but I'm not sure I would've drafted a backup QB in the 10th round. jag also reached on defense and kicker and while he came away with two of the best at those positions, he passed on some higher end sleepers in the process. I like Tyler Eifert as a flyer, and was actually planning on taking him at 13.09.

Synopsis: Team Griffith has the best starting WRs in the league (sorry kfpc) and enough mid-round RB talent to get by. He'll need to keep an eye out on waivers though, as he's lacking in solid backup wide receivers.

Grade: C+

Detroit Phantoms
Owner: dtigers
2017 record: 7-6

1.09: RB Melvin Gordon
2.04: WR Keenan Allen
3.09: RB Royce Freeman
4.04: RB Alex Collins
5.09: RB Lamar Miller
6.04: WR Cooper Kupp
7.09: RB Kerryon Johnson
8.04: WR Jamison Crowder
9.09: QB Matthew Stafford
10.04: WR DeVante Parker
11.09: WR Rishard Matthews
12.04: WR Mike Williams
13.09: RB Bilal Powell
14.04: D/ST Ravens
15.09: TE O.J. Howard
16.04: K Jake Elliot

Recap: I wasn't super excited about getting the ninth pick, but I was stoked when Melvin Gordon fell to me (I would have taken him as high as sixth). I stacked him with Keenan Allen, deciding to pass on Christian McCaffrey in the process. I was torn between Stefon Diggs and Royce Freeman in the third round, but I went WR-heavy in my first draft of the year, and I wanted to try securing running backs in this league. I like Alex Collins a lot given his guaranteed volume and his strong play down the stretch last season, and I think Lamar Miller is being undervalued (he was an RB1 when Watson was healthy last season).

After selecting four RBs in the first five rounds, I was obviously in need of a wideout, so I had to pass on Rex Burkhead. As I stated in my podcast, Cooper Kupp is my "Steal" for the 2018 season, and although it's a huge ADP reach (Kupp is going 90th; I selected him 54th), you don't want to mess around if you have a guy you like.

I give myself an A+ for stealing Kerryon Johnson from dish, even though I probably could've benefited more from taking Sammy Watkins (7.11), given my need at WR. I regret my Jamison Crowder pick, and I wish I would've taken Julian Edelman (8.11) instead. I think Stafford is a solid value in the ninth, and obviously I like all the WR sleepers I took, or I wouldn't have drafted them. Bilal Powell is one of my favorite late-round guys this year, as he should have a big role in the Jets offense and has a history of flex-usability, even when not the primary back. I punted tight end after Jordan Reed (9.04) got stolen out from under my nose, and ended up with O.J. Howard. I picked the Ravens defense because they open the year against Buffalo and Cincinnati.

Synopsis: Although I believe I have the best running backs in the league, I'll need at least one of my WR sleepers to hit and to find a decent tight end if I want to be in title contention.

Grade: A-

Los Angeles Aodgers
Owner: kfpc
2017 record: 8-5

1.10: WR Julio Jones
2.03: WR Michael Thomas
3.10: WR Demaryius Thomas
4.03: WR Jarvis Landry
5.10: RB Dion Lewis
6.03: RB Isaiah Crowell
7.10: RB Chris Thompson
8.03: TE Trey Burton
9.10: RB James White
10.03 WR Nelson Agholor
11.10: QB Alex Smith
12.03: K Justin Tucker
13.10: TE George Kittle
14.03: RB Jeremy Hill
15.10: D/ST Redskins
16.03: RB Rob Kelley

Recap: If you thought jag went WR-heavy, wait until you see the Aodgers. He went with four WRs in his first four picks, making Dion Lewis his RB1. I don't hate the strategy, but I would have preferred Stefon Diggs (3.12) to Demaryius Thomas (3.10), and I really hate the Jarvis Landry pick. Jarvis Landry was my bust selection on my podcast, and I think that pick is what hurts kfpc's draft the most. In my opinion, replacing Jarvis Landry (4.03) with Alex Collins (4.04) or Kenyan Drake (5.03) drastically changes the outlook of this team.

That said, while I don't like that he didn't take one until the fifth round, I don't hate the running backs that he did pick. Dion Lewis is a great value in the fifth, and while I would rather have Rex Burkhead (6.09) or Kerryon Johnson (7.09) to Isaiah Crowell, the pick makes sense given the Aodger's WR-heavy approach.

Alex Smith is an underrated QB this year, but he's going undrafted in a lot of leagues, so I wouldn't have taken him when there were still decent players on the board. kfpc also reached on a kicker which is always a negative; however, I'm a big fan of nabbing Rob Kelley in the last round. In fact, if you swap Kelley in as the 12th round pick and Tucker as the 16th, it looks a lot better.

Synopsis: The Aodgers didn't get enough value at other positions to justify the weak RB corps.

Grade: D+

TD Gobblers
Owner: TBA

1.11: WR DeAndre Hopkins
2.02: RB Kareem Hunt
3.11: WR Adam Thielen
4.02: WR Allen Robinson
5.11: QB Tom Brady
6.02: RB Duke Johnson Jr.
7.11: WR Sammy Watkins
8.02: WR Randall Cobb
9.11: WR Sterling Shepard
10.02: WR Josh Doctson
11.11: TE David Njoku
12.02: WR Tyler Lockett
13.11: QB Philip Rivers
14.02: QB Jimmy Garoppolo
15.11: D/ST Titans
16.02: K Matt Bryant

Recap: The final autodrafted team, the Gobblers are currently without an owner after Kilian bowed out of the league and we failed to realize it. The AI stacked the Gobblers with quality wide receivers but literally did not draft a backup RB. They also took three QBs. Don't autodraft, kiddos.

Synopsis: Despite only having two RBs, the Gobblers' future owner has something to work with thanks to a slew of respectable wide receivers; however, it's going to take a lot of work to turn this team into a contender. I would start by dropping Jimmy Garoppolo for Darren Sproles, Kenneth Dixon, Jonathan Williams, or Christine Michael and trying to trade Adam Thielen for a Joe Mixon type.

Grade: D

Kerryon My Wayward Son
Owner: dish
2017 record: 4-9

1.12: RB Dalvin Cook
2.01: RB Leonard Fournette
3.12: WR Stefon Diggs
4.01: QB Deshaun Watson
5.12: WR Corey Davis
6.01: TE Delanie Walker
7.12: QB Marcus Mariota
8.01: WR Will Fuller V
9.12: WR Kenny Golladay
10.01: D/ST Rams
11.12: RB Theo Riddick
12.01: RB Aaron Jones
13.12: WR Calvin Ridley
14.01: RB T.J. Yeldon
15.12: TE Jared Cook
16.01: K Matt Prater

Recap: Tom Brady's PSI-Duck is back with a fresh name looking to rebound after a 4-9 season. Saddled with the last pick, dish was able to snag two quality running backs. I love the value of Stefon Diggs at 3.12, but I would not take a non-Rodgers QB in the fourth round, especially based on such a small sample size.

Corey Davis is a great pick at 60th overall, and while I do like Delanie Walker, I'm unsure about pairing him with Davis. dish then tripled down on Titans, taking Mariota at the back of the seventh and setting the record for earliest backup QB taken in a fantasy draft. I like Mariota as well, but that's a reach for a backup.

Fuller has touchdown upside and is an interesting pairing with Watson, and I like the Golladay pick at 96th. 10th round is a reach for defense, but Theo Riddick and Aaron Jones are very good picks to give My Wayward Son a bit of running back depth. I normally don't like drafting handcuffs, but in T.J. Yeldon's case I actually like it because of Fournette's lingering ankle issues and Yeldon's ability in the passing game.

Synopsis: I like the core of Watson-Cook-Fournette-Diggs-Davis, but reaches on Mariota and defense leave the team a bit shallow beyond the starting lineup. I also find the team name to be a weird choice, since Kerryon Johnson is not on this team.

Grade: C

Last edited by detroittigers15 on Sun Aug 26, 2018 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:34 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
- Lowest grade in the draft
- Tied for worst record last year
- Still winning the league this year

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:04 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Don't Own
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
I appreciate the time you took to write these. Sorry for checking it a little late

I agree with your grade on mine but I'm surprised you didn't mention Hogan - I think he will probably be the key if I lose this year. I've been super high on him being a potential WR1 or (WR2 at worst) and he's been going around 5th-6th round. But if I miss on that I don't know if the picks that followed will be enough to withstand it. I'm pretty active on waivers and at least try to trade so my teams at the beginning often go through some heavy changes

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next