Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Posting:

* Individual players should be in their own thread, with the full name of the player and position(s) in the title. Don't add superlatives or any other shout outs to it... we will see your guys...
* If you post a team or a set of players, add players by editing your starting post so they're all in the same post. A bump to announce the edit is appropriate.
* Posting images are fine, provided they are small in dimension and data. 800x600 and ~50Kb should be the biggest you can post inline (using the [IMG] tag), anything larger, post a link or a clickable thumbnail instead.
* If you have wiki rights, add your player(s) and team(s) there as well!
* As this subforum encompasses ALL Japanese Pawapuro titles, PLEASE list which game your password exchanges/requests are for in the TITLE of the thread.
-->

Post subject: JPYY 2018 Players
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 5:33 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Figured I probably don't need to make a topic for each one or anything, so I'll just post the players I have here. Also, I can only seem to find the download number, if this game's creations actually have a way to get to the password system we all know and "love", someone would have to let me know where to find that.

I think I'll post the players in the order I made them, so we'll start off with this one, who I made through the board game pretty much the first time I played the game, I've only created one player through that so I'd still have no idea what I'm doing, but if I tried, I could probably make a better player than this. He's got some arm strength, but not much else.

(I'll also make a note to make the pictures smaller next time)

Quote:
Hello
Though I am not a coach, I can coach, please trust me!

Post subject: Re: JPYY 2018 Players
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2018 8:13 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Next is the first player I've actually had pass the normal Success mode at the first school. He was initially intended to be a power hitting first baseman, but due to a series of unfortunate events (chronic insomnia, toothache, botched surgery, etc...) he wound up being pretty bad, and also a second baseman. :P

Quote:
Hello

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2018 4:27 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Next up we have the first player since I almost figured out how to play the game. He's the first (and so far only) player of mine that had the team get past the second elimination game, as a result of that, scouts liked him better than any of my other players and he was drafted in the third round. This is also the first player where I just sort of made up the name instead of just taking one from a random character.

I think this is also the first player I've had an injury with, I generally play it pretty safe, but obviously if you play the game enough you're going to see injuries even if the chance is only like 5%. Fortunately it doesn't seem like injuries are a big deal, at least not the ones I've seen.

Quote:
Hello

PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 8:58 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

The last player I've finished, using everything I learned and found on that one Japanese site, I applied it to this player, and he wound up being the best one so far. He sort of wound up actually being the kind of player Masaya was supposed to be but failed at. I'm glad the team won the first elimination game, otherwise he wouldn't have even been able to get up to A power. He might have been able to get S power if I didn't give him power hitter, or if the team won all the elimination games, and I wouldn't have minded him having higher contact either, but it is what it is.

Quote:
Hello

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 7:54 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Not going to put all my players here because I think it'd be a waste of time since it's very unlikely anyone will want these players at all, let alone the awful ones, like I finished a player in under 90 minutes that got screwed over by bad surgery and eliminated in the first game, so you can imagine he didn't turn out well.

I will put up this most recent guy though, the first guy I put through the Success mode at the resort school, so naturally I didn't really have any idea of what to expect and didn't do any particular planning going in, nonetheless, I'd say he turned out pretty well. Low stamina, so he'd probably have to be a reliever, but his top speed is okay, and he has an original knuckleball at level 3 with some sharp break to it (I used the item that let you make original pitches a bit better with this player, despite having no idea how to get an original pitch going into it). Aside from pitching skill, he can run pretty well and has a strong arm, and has some hitting abilities that may not really come up much if he's a reliever, and with G contact and power I'm not sure how much they'll really help anyway.

He went all the way to win the Koushien championship game, so he had a lot of chances to improve toward the end, and I think winning that may be related to how he got the popularity ability.

Quote:
Hello

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 2:54 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Finished my first player at the last school, it took a while since that school has over a 100 actions and there are a lot of events happening all the time, but it's done. He didn't turn out all that well, of the 6 players I've made in success mode so far, he's the third to be screwed over by unsuccessful surgery. He has a gold ability though, for whatever that's worth, I have absolutely no idea. He actually surprisingly only went in the 9th round even though he had pretty decent scout eval, so either that school requires more to get results from the draft, or there are other factors involved there. His team got eliminated by some pitcher with a god-tier original fastball.

Quote:
Hello

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:27 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
OOOO gold ability!

Google Translate is telling me that's... "Artistic sinking": "When sinking is done, it becomes hard to become a fool and the probability of a hit becomes considerably high."

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:35 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Without looking anything up I thought it might have had something to do with spray hitter, but I guess I was misremembering the many definitions of one of the words, and 流し打ち is just about opposite field hits. Well, it's a somewhat similar idea.

Quote:
Hello

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 8:17 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Finished a pitcher for the last school, he's a really disappointing result overall. It shows that not only can I not make a good all-around player, I can't even make a player who specializes in one thing properly. I tried going all in on getting a player with as fast of a fastball as possible, even without getting all the abilities that are really important to making a fastball actually be good in this game, and his fastball still wound up being just "okay". And that's after this was my first player ever to get a successful surgery, so far, the doctor has shown up on 50% of players were he wasn't guaranteed, and 1/4 have been successful.

Also, the crow arc was a pretty big waste of time.

Now that I've done all the Success mode schools a couple times (well, except the second one I only did once), I'll either take a break from making players and maybe check out other modes, or I might just try experimenting with making some quick players in livestreams sometime.

Quote:
Hello

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 9:54 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Yeah the crow doesn't do much but...... Crow

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 4:51 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Made one more player, realized I hate making players at the last school with a passion. This player took over 6 hours, didn't turn out well, and I was so pissed off at the last game I forgot to even resell the items that had no point at the end to buy things that would be useful. I also made him read the couple negative ability books I had at the end because, screw it, negative abilities build character.

This character also makes me wonder whether speed is basically worthless in this whole game, or just in success mode. This character focused on speed all the way and there's not a single moment where I thought to myself that he was actually fast. He never got a single infield hit in the whole playthrough, and when he hit grounders with a runner on first, the opposing team still turned a double play every time. It's easier to hit home runs with F power in Success mode than it is to get infield hits with A run speed (random statistic: he actually had 2 walkoff homeruns, so it's actually easier to hit walkoff home runs with a speed player than it is to get infield hits).

I also would have liked him to have better fielding rather than having his contact and power up as high as they are, but with the way points are used in this game, it seemed pretty impossible. Ideally I would have also liked more running speed, as well as baserunning abilities, but it seems impossible to make a specialty player that's actually great at their specialty.

Also made this player while streaming and saved the videos, so if you need a rough guideline on how to make a bad player you can use it. Or just watch the final game with chat to see how much I hate everything.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/268634066
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/268634261

Quote:
Hello

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 6:23 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Not sure if you're aware of it but you can make your player run faster, just mash L1 and R1.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:28 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Considering it's not in the manual and the controls don't seem to come up at all in game, I had no idea. Are there any other secret controls in the game I should know about? It would be great if there was something for fielding to make the fielders actually try to make the throw to second base quickly on a double play ball rather than deliberately doing everything as slowly as possible, like the CPU teams seem to do.

Quote:
Hello

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:19 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

cooldude1045 wrote:
Considering it's not in the manual and the controls don't seem to come up at all in game, I had no idea. Are there any other secret controls in the game I should know about? It would be great if there was something for fielding to make the fielders actually try to make the throw to second base quickly on a double play ball rather than deliberately doing everything as slowly as possible, like the CPU teams seem to do.

I'm not sure. I'll try to keep an eye out for anything unusual though!

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote: