Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: The (K)New(er) Knights | The Asuka Archers
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:24 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
July 11, 2036

Saitama Seibu Lions (2nd) - 8 (42-42-0)
Asuka Archers - 3 (48-32-4)

July 12, 2036

Saitama Seibu Lions (2nd) - 4 (43-42-0)
Asuka Archers - 2 (48-33-4)

July 13, 2036

Saitama Seibu Lions (2nd) - 1 (43-43-0)
Asuka Archers - 5 (49-33-4)

July 14, 2036
Archers’ Park, Asuka
11:03

I was in my office preparing for our last game before the all-star break, which was to start in a couple of hours, the email confirmation that my bulk tickets for all three of them arrive and was sitting pretty in my inbox. I had bought tickets for all of the players to attend the games, something that I’m hoping to make an annual thing… With Laisei and the organization’s financial help, of course.

-bzzbzzbzz-

The buzzing of my phone caught me off guard. I looked at the face of it.
“Heh, speak of the devil.”
Laisei was calling.

“Hello?”
“Hey kid.” His calm voice was on the other end of the line
“Hey, Laisei. What’s up?”
“Well, got a pretty big surprise for ya. Come out to the dugout.”
“Uh… Alright.”

Laisei hung up.
...Is he in the dugout?

Instead of pondering on the question, I figured I may as well go out to the dugout and see what the “pretty big surprise” was.

The sun was hot and bright on this mid-summer day. I squinted as my eyes slowly adjusted to their new environment.

“What’s up, kid?” Laisei was indeed in the dugout as I had thought. He was in a dark blue blazer and khakis, a surprisingly warm outfit for a day as hot as this. His sunglassed face had a soft smile as he extended his hand for a shake.
I, naturally, complied and said: “Nothing much, sir. I was just getting the final preparations for today’s game done.”
“Oh, cool.”

After a brief pause in our conversation, Laisei spoke up, “You’re probably wondering what the ‘big surprise’ is, right?”
“I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t curious.”
“Well! I think you’re familiar with…” He extended his arm behind him, “Mr. Jack Allen.”

Allen’s peppered grey and brown hair was unmistakable. He slowly walked out from behind Laisei, his slight limp visible, in a green collared shirt and shorts. Behind him was a girl no doubt in her teens.

“Ryu! Been a long time, kiddo!” Jack walked over to me and gave me a quick hug
“Oh!” I was surprised.
“How you been? I hear from Laisei that the team’s doing well.”
“Uh…” I was still a bit starstruck, “Yea-yeah. The boys are doing real well this year. I’m super proud of them.”
“That’s awesome, kiddo.”
“Heh, thanks, uh… Allen.”
“Please, just call me Jack. Not like this is a formal meeting or anything, heheh.”
“Oh, right, of course. Sorry about that, um, Jack.”

-brrngbrrng-

“Oh, sorry, have to take this.” Laisei grabbed his phone and walked into the hallway to take whatever important business call awaited him. It left me, Jack, and whoever the girl was standing in the dugout watching the players in the midst of their weekly “long toss tournament” originally set up by Yoshimi (who always won). I’m glad to see that they’re keeping it up, even in his absence.

“Oh, right! Jeez, how stupid of me... “ Jack shook his head and pointed to the girl behind him, “this is my daughter, Alice.”
She smiled and waved.
Jack leaned in and whispered, ”We’re working on the Japanese.”

He pulled back, “Regardless! The whole family’s here for a couple of weeks. Figured I’d show the girls some Japanese baseball, so we’re heading to the first all-star game in a couple of days.”
“Oh, really? That’s great to hear! I’ll be there too--well, the whole team’ll be there, actually. The tickets came in today.”
“You’re bringing the whole squad to the games? Jesus Christ, Azuma… That’s awesome!”
“Yeah… I figure it’s a good team-building exercise. Plus, it’ll be pretty fun heehee.”
“That’s really cool, kiddo.”
“Thanks, Jack.”
“Oh, that’s right. Uh, Azuma?” Jack broke our silence once more
“Hm?”
“I, uh, have a favor to ask of you.”

--

BrewersFuzz wrote:
Powerprosfan31 wrote:
BrewersFuzz wrote:
Boy, that was sort of a rough stretch of games. :?

Are those Carp you played the 1st string, NPB Carp? If so, why?

Whoopsies nope, they're the second stringers (ni-gun if u cool) forgot to put it in there

thanks for pointing that out C:

Ohh :lol: I was just really confused because I thought you played the 1st-string team and beat them twice. :lol:

heheh, that would've been pretty impressive :P

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:35 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Hey man, cliffhangers aren't cool :( :razz:

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2015 1:05 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

BrewersFuzz wrote:
Hey man, cliffhangers aren't cool :( :razz:

c:

--

July 14, 2036
Archers’ Park, Asuka
11:18

“I, uh, have a favor to ask of you.” Jack scratched the back of his head.
My mind was racing; Jack Allen, one of my heroes, had a favor to ask me? What could it possibly be?!
I tried to contain my excitement, “Oh yeah? What, uh, what can I do you for?”
’What can I do you for?’ Seriously?
“Well…” Jack trailed off, he seemed hesitant to ask, “It’s just that, and feel free to say no, that Alice… Well, she’s a… uh, she’s been pitching for her school’s team, and um, well. I was wondering if she’d be able to throw BP to some of the guys? Maybe just like one or two of them? I think it would really do her some good to see some professional-level hitters and how they play. I mean, it’s an absurd question, I know, but… Could she?”

This certainly isn’t what I was expecting. I thought. I was very surprised by Jack’s request, but there, of course, was only one answer.

“Sure. I don’t see why not.” I said, in a very aloof and cool manner
“I mean, I totally understand, this is a serious time for the team.”
“Yes, she can throw BP.”
“Nah, it’s alright. Don’t wor- what.”
“I said that she can. It’s totally fine with me.”
“Oh, huh. Cool.” Jack nodded his head, and turned to his daughter. He spoke to her in English, and (I would assume) told her that I said yes. There was a fire in her eyes that was hard to explain. Needless to say, she looked very happy.

Jack turned to me once again, “got anyone in mind for her to throw to? Maybe, uh, maybe not your best hitters, though, you feel me?”
“Got it.” I walked out onto the field, “ISHIKAWAAAAA!”

From deep in the outfield, Ishikawa cried out “AZUMAAAAA!” and ran over to the home dugout. I’m glad our ability to communicate has evolved to the point of only having to shout each other’s name to know what’s up.

“What’s up, coach?” Ishikawa took his hat off and wiped the sweat from his forehead. He saw the two Allens in the dugout. Naturally, he was confused. “What’re Allen and a girl doing in the dugout?” he asked me.
I explained the situation to him.
“And I want you to be the first one she throws to.”
Ishikawa smiled, “Sure thing, boss!”

He went into the dugout, bowed at our visitors, and grabbed his helmet and bat. I saw Jack point at the mound. Alice took her time walking to the mound, glove in hand. Some of the players turned their attention away from their long toss competition and looked on as a young American girl took the rosin bag in her hand. She stood behind the net, which was luckily already set up for a lefty (since our pitching coach is left-handed). I have to say, she looked very natural on the mound, despite being in a different country and facing what amounts to a professional level batter.

11:25

Ishikawa took a few practice swings before he stepped up to the plate. I had Tsukada take his position behind the plate, might as well make this as game-like as possible, I thought. He took a couple of practice pitches from Alice, which, from the looks of them, seemed to be three fastballs down the heart of the plate. They weren’t fast, no, but there was a decent amount of spin behind them. Of course, she is only 15 (or 16? I have no idea), so the velocity will come later. It’ll be interesting how Ishikawa tackles this.

“Okay!” Ishikawa yelled as he stepped into the left-handed batters’ box. He laid the bat on his shoulder. “Don’t go easy on me now!” he yelled, pointing his bat towards the mound.

Alice, surely having no idea what he said, smiled and gave a thumbs up. She dug into the mound.

Her windup was simple, clean, efficient. Before I was able to completely analyze it, though, the ball was already halfway to the plate.

-thwump-

I shifted my gaze to the plate and saw a fully swung Takamachi Ishikawa looking my direction with a giant smile plastered onto his face. He… He swung and missed! Now, that may not seem like a big deal, but... Ishikawa is currently hitting .330 (or so) one step away from the NPB.

“There ya go, Alice!” Jack yelled from behind me.
“What pitch was that?” I asked him
“She’s been working on a knuckle-curve… I think that’s what that was.”
“Hunh…”

Tsukada threw the ball back to her. I could hear Ishikawa laughing. He does love a good challenge…

The next pitch, a fastball up and inside--fouled.
Then a changeup--grounded down the first base line.
Her fourth pitch was a slider away--a mistake to Ishikawa. He followed it and drove it deep into leftfield, where the rest of the team was standing. Needless to say, this immediately got their full, undivided attention.

She ended up throwing six more pitches to Ishikawa, and managed to make him miss two more times. It was at this point I noticed that Satoshi Kura was standing right next to Jack and I.

“Jesus, Taiga! Don-” he covered his mouth, “Aw crap, I just called you ‘Taiga’ didn’t I?”
“Don’t worry about it, man. Happens all the time!” Satoshi brushed it off. I’m sure it is a common error, he and his father look damn identical.
“Uh… Satoshi?” I began, “When did you… get here, exactly?”
“What? Dude, I’ve been watching from here since her second pitch. Who, uh… who is she?”
“My daughter.” Jack beamed as he told Satoshi. I could tell how proud he was to see an Allen on the field again.
“Oh, worrrrd!” Satoshi scanned his surroundings, “So, uh… how old is she?”
“Satoshi!” I couldn’t believe it. Even to Jack Allen, he manages to be inappropriate and unprofessional!
As I was nearing explosion, Jack laughed, “you’re gonna have to ask her yourself, kiddo.”

Satoshi grinned and swaggered over to the mound. “I AM SA-TO-SHI KU-RA, SHORT, I BAT NEXT, OKAY?” He said very slowly and loudly
Once again, Alice chuckled and nodded.
Satoshi came running back to the dugout, grabbed his bright red bat, and planted his feet at home plate.

“I am so sorry for him, Jack. He’s uh… He gets…”
“Heh,” Jack looked at him take his practice swings, “no worries. I’m… pretty familiar with the Kura way.”
“Heheh.”

13:05

I would say that was a good diversion for the guys. Alice got her practice in, Jack got to see what the team he built is producing some twenty years later, Kura’s found a new foreign mysterious love… All in a day’s work down here in Asuka. Now… Let’s go out there and win!

Saitama Seibu Lions (2nd) - 0 (43-44-0)
Asuka Archers - 8 (50-33-4)

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:21 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

July 16, 2036

“Alright boys, behave today. We’ve got like a whole row out in left field, so keep an eye open. Please, PLEASE don’t get hurt watching the game, okay?”
“Yes sir!” Satoshi Kura saluted, though I knew he was the most likely to get distracted and get a concussion or something.

We took our seats and, miraculously, there were no complaints about who was sitting where.

Let’s get these All-Star games going!

The first game’s Pacific League starter is actually Knights’ rookie Mamoru Ikari with his unique Sonic Riser, a fastball that seems to float. He’s taken the NPB by storm and is currently sporting a 2.45 ERA. He’s a legend in the Koshien circles, so it’s no surprise that he’s making fools out of some of the best in the NPB.

6|1|0|0|3|4|1|0|1 16|23|0 Central
4|0|2|0|0|0|3|0|0 09|09|0 Pacific

Central League

Lineup:
1. Masato Sakamoto - SS [Giants] (4-4, BB, 2 RBI)
2. Jouji Shunsuke - LF [Toki] (1-4, BB, 2B, 1 RBI)
3. Araki Murata - 3B [Giants] (4-5, 3B, HR, 3 RBI)
4. Kazuki Abe - C [Giants] (3-4, 2B, HR, 4 RBI)
5. Tadashi Asamura - DH [Sakura] (2-4, SF, 1 RBI)
Kyung Yoh - PR [Sakura]
6. Yoshinobu Chono - CF [Giants] (1-5)
7. Claro Lopez - 1B [Samurai] (1-4, BB)
8. Tokuma Kikuchi - 2B [Carp] (0-4)
9. Hiroya Hirata - RF [Dragons] (3-5, 2B, HR, 1 RBI)

Pitcher(s):
Nobuaki Ogawa [Sakura] (2 IP, 4 R, 4 ER, 3 BB)
Haruka Yamaguchi [Samurai] (2 IP, 2 R, 2 ER, 4 K)
Jiro Yamaguchi [Giants] (2 IP, 0 R, 2 K)
Gary Mathieson [Giants] (1.1 IP, 3 R, 3 ER, 1 K, 3 BB)
Kenya Nishimura [Samurai] (1.2 IP, 0 R, 1 K, 1 BB)

Pacific League:

Lineup:
1. Tomochika Kobayashi - SS [Foxes] (1-5)
2. Ikumi Kataoka - 2B [Lions] (1-4, 2B, BB)
3. Takuji Ootake - C [Knights] (2-4, 2B, BB, HR, 2 RBI)
4. Minao Nakata - RF [Bears] (2-4, BB, 2 HR, 6 RBI)
5. Ryu Asamura - 1B [Lions] (1-5, HR, 1 RBI)
6. Hiroyuki Fujioka - LF [Knights] (1-4, 2B, BB)
7. Dan Brazell - DH [Marines] (0-2, 2 BB)
8. Haruki Nakamura - 3B [Bears] (1-4)
9. Isamu Hijirisawa - CF [Eagles] (0-3, BB)

Pitcher(s):
Mamoru Ikari [Knights] (2 IP, 7 R, 7 ER)
Mitch Sarfate [Lions] (2 IP, 0 R, 4 K, 2 BB)
Haruhide Saito [Eagles] (1.2 IP, 6 R, 6 ER)
Mo Williams [Lions] (1.1 IP, 2 R, 2 ER, 1 K, 2 BB)
Yukimasa Aoyama [Eagles] (2 IP, 1 R, 1 ER, 1 BB)

WP: Haruka Yamada [Samurai]
LP: Mamoru Ikari [Knights]
S: --

MVP:
Haruka Yamaguchi: He got the win, and got 4 strikeouts in 2 innings
Image - Haruka Yamaguchi

Yikes… The Central League really roughed up Ikari. It was quite the offensive show, though, so it was pretty exciting to watch nonetheless.

July 17, 2036

Pacific League - 2
Central League - 4

July 18, 2036

Central League - 3
Pacific League - 3

Pacific league ends up going 0-2-1, not… too great. We did have a lot of fun at the games, though, I must say. Plus, we’ve got three more days off coming up!

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 12:25 am 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
It's the popular guy Mamoru Ikari, as expected some success mode characters can also shows up in season/pennant mode

Goddamn Alice fooled the professional bros, her skill are top notch.

はしれ すすめ ゆうきだして
やっちゃった でもね くじけないで
わっはっは そうさ えがおみせてよ
なみだ なんて ばいばばいさ

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:37 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

July 19, 2036
109, Shibuya, Tokyo
11:59

Since I was in the area after the All-Star games, I figured I’d finally make the required stop in Shibuya to the 109. Plus, they’re finally carrying KOKO pants, and I’ve been really itching for a pair…

Just as soon as I’d walked in and heard the “Welcome to the 109!” from the young woman working there, my phone buzzed.

-bzzbzzbzz-

“Hello?” I quickly picked up. Laisei was calling.
“Hey! Azuma you uh, you near Kyoto at all?”
No.
“Uh… Sort of? I’m in Shibuya now. At the 109, actually.”
“Damn, uh…” Laisei trailed off, “I hate to ask you this, kid, but… would you be able to come down to office tonight? Maybe around 17:00 or something? We could grab dinner too, if you wanted. I’ve got some big news for you!”
”Big news” piqued my interest. And besides, a direct invite to the boss’ office is hard to turn down.
“Sure thing.” I said, “I’ll grab the next train to Kyoto. Should be there somewhere around 16:00 or so. I have to stop by my house and drop some of my stuff off first.”
“Sounds good, kid. See you tonight!”
“Bye, sir.”

He hung up.
I quickly glanced in the direction of the KOKO section… and walked out of the store and to the train station.

Maybe next time…

Blue Stadium, Sakyō-ku, Kyoto
16:34

After a surprisingly quick train ride to Kyoto, and a painless drop off at my house, I made it to Blue Stadium in record time. I parked my car in the near-empty parking lot and made my way into the Left Field Main Office.

“Hey Ryu!” Tsuzumi greeted me as I walked in the door.
“Hi, Tsuzumi.”
“Laisei’s waiting for you upstairs, he told me he’s got some ‘great news!’ for you. I’ll call him and tell him you’re here.”
“Sure, thanks.”

I sat down on one of the chairs in the main lobby. I’ve never really looked around the lobby. It’s a pretty comfy little area. Blue Stadium was built to be the central hub of the Knights, and I think they did a great job with the main office. Putting it right behind the left field wall was an interesting choice, but it allowed for the owners and Jack to watch the games straight from their offices. Plus, now it makes it really easy for me to go to, heh.

“Ryu.” Tsuzumi called my name
“Yeah?”
“Laisei’s ready to see you now.”
“Oh, uh, alright. Thanks.”

I stood up and made my way the three flights of stairs to his office.

Laisei’s Office
16:42

-knockknock-
“Come on in, kid.” Lasiei called from behind the door
I obliged, and pushed the door open.

“Take a seat.”
I sat down, “so, what’s this ‘great news’ you’ve got for me?”
“Well!” Laisei quickly rose from his chair, “you hear about Fukuhara?”
“Uh… who?”
“Tadanori Fukuhara, the Osaka Foxes manager.”
“Oh, uh, no I didn’t. What happened to him?”
“He got fired.”
“Oh. Bummer… I guess.” I didn’t really understand why Laisei was telling me this
“Yeah, apparently he got arrested for public intoxication, and apparently this wasn’t the time… Sooo, the Foxes organization had to let him go.”
“Damn, uh, alright.”

“You’re probably wondering why I’m telling you all this, huh?” he asked with a laugh
“Well, yeah, a bit.”
“They sent out a message…” He paused.
Laisei walked around his desk and put his hand on my shoulder.

“They’re looking for a new manager, and I, uh… I put your name in.”

What.

--

StarKK wrote:
It's the popular guy Mamoru Ikari, as expected some success mode characters can also shows up in season/pennant mode

Goddamn Alice fooled the professional bros, her skill are top notch.

Mamoru's doing reaaaaal good

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 4:52 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Ahh, I think I see where this is going.

due to, ahem, disclosed information

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:01 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Cubs
oh shnap oh shnap oh shnap oh shnap

I lack this disclosed information, but is this going where I think it is???

"Just because something's impossible doesn't mean it can't be done." - Medley
"Look Beyond The F*** It™" - Benjamin Zander
"Potatoes are wannabe vegetables!" - Leila Takagi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:56 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Imagevia Imgflip Meme Maker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 10:30 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

School, mainly

Got me lots of work to do heheh

I do have plenty planned for this tho, so dun worry c;

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:20 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Haha well good. I've been missing this log.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:34 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

July 19, 2036
Laisei’s Office
16:47

“They’re looking for a new manager, and I, uh… I put your name in.”

The sentence rattled around in my head. He… He put my name in? For the Foxes? The NPB team the Foxes? Without even asking me?! I mean, I’m grateful, but still. This is a big deal. No--a HUGE deal. What will happen? Am I going to have to move to Osaka? I… WHAT?!

Laisei snapped in front of my face, “You good, kid? I know this probably came out of, no pun intended, left field, haha. I think this will be real good for you.”
“I uh--I mean, uh…” I babbled incoherently
“Heh.” Laisei looked up to the ceiling, “This has been your dream, hasn’t it? To manage in the NPB, I mean.”
“It… Yeah.”
“Look kid,” Laisei grabbed both of my shoulders, “you’re a great manager. You’re a great man, period. What you’ve done for the Archers and the players is more than I or Jack or anyone expected. You’ve been nothing but an asset for this organization, and Nomoto is always telling me that it’s ‘so nice to get one of the Azuma kids’ up playing with him. This will be great for you, kid. I have no doubt in my mind that you’ll do well with the Foxes.”
“Laisei, I don’t think…” he cut me off
“Kid. Listen to me. Look--hey,” he slapped my arm, “look at me. You’re one of the most talented managers I’ve seen. I know you’ve only been with us for a year and a half, but I’m still very impressed.”
“I… Thank you Laisei. It-it means quite a bit coming from you.”
“Heh, don’t worry about it.”

Laisei sat back down in his chair and looked at his monitor.

“Anyways, apparently they’ve narrowed the search down to two. You and a woman.”
“A woman?”
“Yeah, pretty cool, huh? A woman manager… I’m surprised there hasn’t been one yet… Anyways! Yeah, I should know whether you got the job by tomorrow.”
“Tomorrow?!”
“Yeah… They want the position to be filled immediately. Honestly, I have no idea why they can’t use an someone in the intervening time. Gah,” he threw his arms into the air, “whatever. Doesn’t matter. But yeah, big stuff, kid! You might be moving on up tomorrow!”
“Yeah… ‘Big stuff.’”
“I’ll call you once I know what’s happening.”
“Okay.”
“Good luck, kid. You’re heading for big things, I know it.”

I stood up and shook Laisei’s hand, “thank you, sir.”
“Anytime.”

“Oh!” Laisei called out just as I was opening the door to leave, “you want to grab a bite to eat? Tsuzumi and me were heading out tonight, my treat. You’re more than welcome to join us.”
“Oh, uh… Sure, okay.”
“Cool! I’ll meet you two downstairs in 15 minutes.”
“Alright.”

I walked out of Laisei’s office and slowly shut his door.

The manager of the Foxes, huh? ...I think I could get used to that.

--

WE'RE BACK BOYS

BIG THINGS ARE HAPP'NIN

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 6:28 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
B A C K B O Y Z

if it ain't Kim Ng managin', who it be

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:08 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
FOXES? THE FOXES ARE NOT THE (K)NEW(ER) KNIGHTS

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:02 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Astros
I can't take the suspence! What did the fox say?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 22  Next