Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next
 Post subject: Re: The (K)New(er) Knights | The Asuka Archers
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:50 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
But how high are you

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:16 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
June 9, 2036
Azuma Residence
16:09

"...so it was talking to you?" Satoshi Kura was having a hard time following my description of my vivid drug-induced dream.
"Yes! And it all felt so real..."
“...right.” Ishikawa wasn’t too fond of stories of other people’s dreams, “Anyways… We brought you some good stuff, dude.”
He handed me a bag.

“Oh wow.” I took out the blu-ray case inside of it, “I didn’t know they still even made blu-rays.”
“They don’t, this is from the ‘classic collection’ at the library.”
“They sell these at the library?”
“Well,” Kura interjected, “it’s more like for rent. You do know how libraries work, don’t you Azuma?”
“Yes I kn-” I sighed, “what’s in here anyways?”
“Open it up!”

The two of them looked on excitedly as I pried open the archaic blu-ray disc case.

“Uh…” was the only response I could manage
“So,” Ishikawa looked very proud of his gift, “what do you think?”
“...What is it?”
“what is it…” The two boys looked at each other, “WHAT IS IT?!”
Kura stood up and put his hand over his heart, “It’s only one of the most influential pieces of art in the late 20th century!”
Ishikawa blasted out of his chair right after him, “A truly mesmerizing crescendo of action and one of the finest character studies on depression ever put to the screen!”
“A provocative look into the addled mind of a troubled teen!”
“A robotic romp with a very unexpected twist and one of the worst endings I’ve ever seen!”
“But of course, once it can be analyzed, what’s it all mean?”
“Was it all in his head? Is everyone really dead? What did he do at the hospital bed?”
“And it’s-”

“ALRIGHT ALRIGHT” I cut them off before they were able to get the police called, “I get it, it’s great. But… What the hell is it?”
“NEON” Ishikawa pointed at me with vigor
“GENESIS” Kura looked to the sky
“EVANGELION!” They said in unison. A great deal of practice must have gone into this.

“Oh, nice.” I said in response
“‘Oh, nice’? That’s it? That’s all you have to say?” Kura seemed legitimately hurt. He took a seat. “Shit dude, we put a lot of work into that.”
“Didn’t you hear all the rhyming?” Ishikawa asked, “That took us like at least an hour to come up with.”
“Hahahaha, don’t worry, I noticed it. I’m surprised Yoshimi isn’t here. Isn’t he a big fan of the show?” I don’t exactly know how I knew that, but the memory was cemented in my mind.
“Yeah…” Kura looked at the floor, “but he’s too busy up with the Knights now…”
“Hunh… You guys still talk to him?”
“Yeah, but” Ishikawa shared in the navel staring, “just through text. We’ve been trying to set something up with him and Saitoh for a while now, but…”
“...they’re both always too busy or out on the road.” Kura finished Ishikawa’s sentence.

In the one year that those three had known each other, they had become incredibly close. With the addition of the calm, collected Saitoh this year, the Terrible Trio became a Fantastic Four. It seems they’re really broken up about being split up. They all spend so much time together--the Archers’ players, I mean--it’s no wonder some of them have become such great friends.

“I’m sorry to hear that, guys… But hey,” I figured I should raise their spirits, “you’ll both be up with them in no time.”
“You really think so?” Kura asked
“Hell yeah we will, Satoshi.” Ishikawa responded, “We’re the best two left!”
“Heh,” I chuckled, “plus you know Laisei is fond of calling people up right after the all-star break. I wouldn’t be surprised if you two are who he pulls up this year.”
“Wow, thanks Azuma.” Satoshi Kura smiled.

It was in that moment I remembered how young these two were. Satoshi is going to only turn 18 (!) later this month, and Ishikawa just had his 20th birthday earlier this year (which was quite the event for me too). Kura’s goofy, genuine smile brought me back to my own youth--back when all I had to worry about was getting an assignment done on time and impressing whomever I was crushing on at the time. It made me aware of how much weight is on these kids--and not just Kura and Ishikawa, all of them--to succeed, and at such a young age! I can’t even imagine what’s going on in their heads. I can’t even imagine all the pressure that’s on them. How hard it must be to just sleep at night! Jeez, it’s crazy. It really is. These are some of the finest Japan can offer, and they’re just little kids…

“Of course. You two are both incredible players. You’ve worked so hard in the year and a half that I’ve known you... You guys deserve every opportunity that goes your way.”
“Heh, thanks coach.” Ishikawa said, “But anyways…”

He grabbed the blu-ray disc from my hand, “you still got a blu-ray player laying around?”
“Yeah. It’s in my bedroom, though.”
“I’ll go get it!” Kura jumped up and ran into my bedroom
“Oh! Uh… Alright.”

He came back with the blu-ray player I had from my college days. Honestly, I don’t even know why I still had it. It hadn’t been used in years.

After setting it all up, Ishikawa popped the “Complete Collection of Neon Genesis Evangelion” in the slot.

Once The Cruel Angel’s Thesis started playing, I looked at Kura and Ishikawa. Seeing how engrossed they were in their favorite show brought a smile to my face. These kids may officially be below me, but I don’t see them like that at all. The fact that they showed up to my house with a gift in hand shows that they aren’t that. These are my friends. I’m not some thirty-one year old without a friend in the world...

I’m surrounded by them everyday.

--

philliesfan134 wrote:
I'm gonna love this dialogue.

looks like Ryu's gonna have a take a trip to the lovely Velvet Room one of these days :wink:

hohoho ;wink;

BrewersFuzz wrote:
But how high are you

about a 3, thanks

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:25 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
I could totally picture it, Tweav..like a fun baseball drama. You do it like no other.

kura and ishi, engrossed in the tv. hm

much like a pair of girls huddled around their TV every week for their very favorite alloyed, sword-wielding warrior. or that cute kid who loved that grocery store jingle. wait, what am I talking about anyway those never happened

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 12:07 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

June 12, 2036
Azuma Residence
12:19

After a few days to myself with nothing but Evangelion to entertain me, my brother Kenma was due to visit my humble abode.

-knockknock-
“Yo, Ryu!”

...And here he is.

I walked over to my door and unlocked it.

"Hey Kenma." I said as he passed the threshold.
"What's up, man? How you feeling?"
"A bit better now, yeah." I replied

It was the truth, too. It seemed that my flu was finally starting to loosen its grip on me after 5 days of hardcore doses of acetaminophen and slightly-less-than-prescribed doses of whatever the hell was in the fridge. I'm still not ready to go back to the locker room, but the end of the tunnel is now in sight.

"That's good to hear, dude."
Kenma took off his shoes, dropped the bag he was carrying and walked into my kitchen. He immediately opened the fridge.
"You got anything good to drink?" He asked
"Not really, no. Sorry."
"Damn. Alright." He closed the fridge, "wanna order some Chinese?"
Having gone the whole week on soup and water, I figured I was due for a decent meal, "sure." I said nonchalantly. I sat on my couch.
"Toh Lee?"
"Absolutely."

Toh Lee used to be one of the best Chinese places in Kyoto, but it was a part of the Kyoto Hotel Okura when I was growing up. Now it's one of the best Chinese restaurants in Japan and no longer a part of a hotel.

"Cool."

Kenma and I have had the same order for pretty much all our lives: two orders of mapo doufu with pork.

“Should be here in half an hour.” he told me
“Sounds good.”

He walked over to the couch where I was sitting and took a seat.

“So… what you been up to?” Kenma put his feet up on my table.
“Well, aside from the occasional vomit… I’ve been watching a lot of this.” I showed him the case of Neon Genesis Evangelion. “It’s pretty confusing, but I’m starting to actually get real into it. A couple of my players gave it to me.”
He laughed, “finally getting around to anime, are we? ‘Bout time. That’s a pretty good one to start out with.”
“Oh? You’ve heard of it?”
“Yeah, watched it in high school.”
“Oh, nice.”
“Yeah.”

The news woman's voice filled our bouts of silence.

“Oh! That’s right!” Kenma jumped to his feet and ran over to the entryway, “I’ve got something for you.”

He rummaged through the bag he brought. “Ah!” He pulled out an envelope.
“I’ve had these in my desk at work for like… Goddamn, 18 years now? Yeah…” He handed me the envelope, “吾妻” written on it in thick blue pen. It was surprisingly unwrinkled.
“Uh… 18 years? Did you seriously not clean your desk for 18 years?”
“Well… I wouldn’t say I ‘didn’t clean’ it for 18 years. It was always clean, just uh… a bit messy.”
“Rrright.” I looked at paper container again, “this is in pretty good shape--considering it’s been in the back of a drawer for more than half of my life.”
“What can I say?” Kenma put his feet back on my table, “I take good care of my shit.”
“Yeah, I can tell. What is this anyways?”
“Open it up, man!”

The obviously resealed teenaged envelope was easy to open, as most envelopes are. I carefully undid the little licky thing that kept it shut and peered inside. What’s this? I turned it over and emptied its contents onto the table Kenma’s feet were resting on.

“No waaaay.” I realized immediately what they were
“Yeaaaah!” Kenma smiled brightly

Five tickets. Five tickets for the August 20th, 2017 Knights game against the Hokkaido Nippon-Ham Fighters. My very first Knights game. That was the day my life changed--the day when I became completely engrossed in baseball. It was Jack Allen and Laisei Matsubara’s kind and welcoming demeanor that brought the family together, even though it was only for the night.

My parents were (or, I suppose are) insanely strict. Miyuki was home for the month from school, Kenma was working some dead end summer job trying (and failing) to sell cell phone contracts, and I was just about to enter middle school. And then Kenma met Jack Allen.

You see, Kenma was never the best student. Compound that with him running with a, uh… “rough crowd” and him having to repeat a year in high school is unsurprising. A bit more surprising, though, is that my parents more or less disowned him once he turned 18. They kicked him out of the house the day after his 18th birthday and he’s been left to fend for himself since then. He was in and out of apartments as his jobs frequently shifted and even spent a few months living on the streets of Tokyo. It wasn’t until Miyuki landed a solid job with ROHM in 2019 that he was able to settle in. He lived with her until he found a job with Hikarizaka Electric. He’s been there ever since.

I don’t think he’s said a word to either of my parents in 21 years... Well, excluding one summer night in August of 2017, where we all came together as a “normal” family for the last time.

“Dude…” I held the ticket that was for the seat I sat in--section 1, row 3, seat 7, right behind home plate (pretty sweet)--and looked at the picture of Taiga Kura on it. “I…” it was at this point that my eyes began to water, “you still have these?”
“Of course I do! You seriously think I would ever throw these out? That was the last night all of the Azumas were together.”
“Yeah…” I put the ticket back on the table, “you… You talk to mom or dad since?”
Kenma shifted his focus to the wall in front of him, “not a word.”
“Hunh…” my gaze followed his and looked at the blank wall behind my television.

Once again, the newswoman filled the gap in our conversation with her unending stream of words about nothing in particular.

12:55

--RINGRING--

My doorbell rang twice.
I began the laborious process of standing up.
Kenma put his hand on my shoulder, “nah, I’ll get it. Don’t trouble yourself too much.”
“Oh, uh, thanks.” I sat back down on the couch.
Kenma came back with two plates of mapo boufu.
“Ohhh boy.” I said, mouth watering.
“Right? Toh Lee never disappoints.”

He put the plates down on the table

“Time to dig the *(censored)* in!” Kenma snapped his chopsticks and began devouring the food in front of him. Even though my food sat in front of me and my stomach was crying out for me to eat it, I couldn’t help but watch my older brother feverishly eat the pork and tofu in front of him.

Kemna’s life hasn’t been easy, but here he is. Here he is enjoying a decently expensive meal with his younger brother on a Thursday afternoon; a day I’m sure he was supposed to work on. Despite all his hardships, he’s been there for me my entire life. When I got bullied in elementary school, he was there to save me. When I broke my leg while trying to learn how to skateboard, he was the one that ran to the hospital carrying me. When I learned the particularly hard truth that my NPB dreams wouldn’t come true, Kenma was there to console me and showed me the future was still bright. Despite it all, Kenma has been the best older brother anyone could ask for. I know I always say Jack Allen is my hero, but… I don’t think that that’s really true. Kenma Azuma has been, and always will be, my hero. My goofy older brother who, despite how hard it’s trying, refuses to let life shit on him.... is my hero.

“Uh, Ryu?” Kenma looked me right in the eyes
“Huh? What?” I seemed to have been lost in thought.
“You, uh... “ He pointed his chopsticks towards my plate, “You gonna eat that?”
I laughed harder than I had in weeks, “yeah. I’m gonna eat this.”

Kenma shrugged, “Heh, damn. Okay, bro.”

--

philliesfan134 wrote:
I could totally picture it, Tweav..like a fun baseball drama. You do it like no other.

kura and ishi, engrossed in the tv. hm

much like a pair of girls huddled around their TV every week for their very favorite alloyed, sword-wielding warrior. or that cute kid who loved that grocery store jingle. wait, what am I talking about anyway those never happened

heehee ty :3

hmmmmm, I heard whispers of a red-suited man liking a show about a samurai and steel...

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2015 1:58 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Wow, what a connection between the logs you clever devil :D

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:55 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

June 14, 2036
Azuma Residence, Kyoto
13:08

I rose late into the day after my first full night’s sleep in more than a week, and I took a deep breath. A clear, crisp, clean deep breath.

“holy shit.” I stood up. My stomach didn’t scream or throw bile up my esophagus.
“Oh my god.”
I walked into the bathroom and looked into the mirror.

“Is it… Am I… Am I better now? Is this it?”
I slapped myself on the cheeks twice before doing my morning ritual. Miyuki’s on her way back to Kyoto after spending another week down in New Zealand (for business this time, though) and said she was going to visit me on her way home.

18:16

Wha… Whaaaaatttt

As Komm Süsser Tod came to an end, and the End of Evangelion film’s credits rolled, my mind was completely blown.

“How disgusting.” Perfection.

Without being able to completely process what I had just watched, I heard a knock at my door.
-knockknockknock-
“Ryuuuu? It’s your loving, caring, wonderful sister bearing gifts!” Miyuki called from behind the wooden portal to my home.
I got up from the couch, where I have spent most of the last week, and walked over to the door.

“Yuki!”
“Ryu!”
We hugged.

“So… How was New Zealand?” I asked her before she was able to even take her shoes off.
“Phewph.” She slipped off her sandals, “It was pretty good.”
“You, uh… You meet up Michael again?” I couldn’t help but ask the obvious question
“We did have a… minor meeting, yeah.”
“Heh, nice.”
“Yep.”
“ANYWAYS! I’ve got this for you!” after a short break in conversation, she presented a wrapped gift to me.
“What is it?”
“It’s just a little something I picked up in my travels.”

I ripped off the wrapping paper.
“A… ship?”

It was a model ship.
I was confused.

“You like it?” Miyuki looked at me, excited.
“Uh… I mean, yeah. It’s a good looking ship. I, uh… I don’t really get it, though.”
She chuckled, “It’s the Azuma!
“Wait… Really? There’s a ship named after us?”
“Well… No, not really ‘after us’. It’s from the early 1900s or something, I don’t really know. I saw it when I was in Kanto, and figured ‘Ryu would like this!’ so I bought it, and, well, here it is.”
“Hah! Well, you were right. I love it!” After figuring out what it was, I did love it.

What a cool gift! I’ll have to find a good spot for this… “The Azuma,” huh? How regal.

“I need to find somewhere safe to put this…” I figured the top of my dresser was as safe as anywhere for the time being, so I put it there.
As I was walking out of my bedroom, I saw that Miyuki was looking on her phone.
“You feeling any better?” she asked me
“Yeah, pretty much a hundred percent now, I have to say. Why?”
“Want to grab a bite to eat? Get some steak or something? I’m starving.”
“Steak? You kiddin’ me? I’m always game for steak.”

I changed out of my athletic shorts and (frankly) gross t-shirt into some respectable summer clothes and followed Miyuki to her car.

Mori’s Meats
19:08

We ended up at the oddly named “Mori’s Meats,” one of the best steakhouses in Kyoto (if not all of Japan). It’s, strangely enough, run by Junichi Mori, who played for the Knights for a couple of years later in his career. He apparently has always had a passion for grilling. And… well, he opened up a really goddamn good restaurant as an outlet.

“Ooohhh, Mori’s.” I gushed as we entered the parking lot, it was pretty crowded.
“I know how much you love this place, Ryu.”
I looked at Miyuki, “you don’t even know the half of how much I adore this place.”
“Haha, I’ve heard stories from Kenma.”

We walked into the restaurant. The lights were dim, the fishtank was large, the din a perfect volume… It was wonderful.

“Two?” The host asked Miyuki
“Yes.”
“Right this way, then.”

I was surprised that there wasn’t a wait at 19:00 on a Saturday, but I certainly wasn’t complaining.
The host led us to our table.
“Enjoy your meal.”
“Thanks, you too.” I, involuntarily, said as I took my seat. Shit.
Miyuki covered her mouth and chuckled.
The host coldly stared at me, his eyes peering into my very soul, “Thank you.” he said before turning around and leaving. Seems he’s heard that particular line quite a bit.

As we looked over the menu, Miyuki began talking about her trip--this time one completely paid for by the company she works for, ROHM--and how it measured up to the trip we took last month. We were gifted with a beautiful week full of touristy trips across the country, whereas her second trip was a rainy one spent mostly in meetings and her hotel room--except for a one night stay at Mr. Michael’s home.

“So… This Michael guy...” I leaned on the table, “what’s he like?”
“Well…” Miyuki looked contemplatively up and to her left, “he’s kind.”
That’s it?
“Uh…” I took a second before vocalizing to see if she was done or not, “that’s it?”
“For now, yes. I don’t want to make any assumptions like I did with…” she sighed, “Haruka.”
“God… *(censored)* that guy.”
She exhaled sharply, “yeah.”

Haruka Uchiyama… A name that doesn’t enter my mindspace very often. He was Miyuki’s college boyfriend and seemed like a nice enough guy… Until they got married. He turned to the bottle real quick after losing his job and things got ugly. He became abusive. He forbade Miyuki from seeing any of us. He stole from her. It was a horrible couple of years. But the divorce was even harder. After spending almost all of her saved up money, she finally managed to get a divorce lawyer to take her case, and on October 13, 2030, she was finally free of him. It helped that she got a restraining order and he moved out of the prefecture (or maybe even the country, who *(censored)* knows) and none of us have seen him since. Yuki’s been hesitant to get into relationships since, except with this Michael guy, for whatever reason. I don’t really think I should press her on why, though.

“Oh yeah, before I forget, what’s Mr. Michael’s last name?” I asked
“Flowers.”
“Uh… What?” She suddenly whipped out her English, “Furawazu?”
“No… Flowers. Fuh-llow-errs.” She said his last name slow and deliberately.
“Fuhh-lloww-errs… Flowers. Flowers! ...Right?”
“That’s it!”

I smiled proudly at my English prowess.

“Flowers...” what a strange name. Wonder what it means.
“It means ‘flowers.’” Miyuki said, as it reading my mind.
“‘Flowers,’ huh? Why isn’t it just ‘Hana?’”
She scoffed, “because English doesn’t work the same way as Japanese, silly.”
“Hunh, damn. English is weird.”
“Yeah… Yeah it is.”

A teenager, no older than 17 and dressed professionally, walked over to our table, “welcome to Mori’s Meats, my name is Yosuke and I’ll be your server. Have you dined with us before?”
“Absolutely.” I said without hesitation.
“Heh, good to hear. Well, uh, special’s are the same as they always are. Do you guys have any questions, or are you ready to order?” he asked
“I think we’re ready.” I looked at Miyuki, she nodded, “Yeah, we’re ready.”
“Great. What can I get you?”

I ordered my usual: a medium filet mignon, Miyuki ordered the same.

“Perfect. I’ll put those in for you.”
“Thank you.” Miyuki said as she handed her menu to the waiter, Yosuke (I believe), and he walked off.
“You’re gonna love it.” I told her after our waiter walked away.
“I’m sure I will.”

20:03

“Ah… Another fantastic meal at Mori’s.” I pushed my plate forward after finishing my final bite
“Wow… You really weren’t lying Ryu. That was the best filet I think I’ve ever had.”
“Right?!”
She laughed softly, “it’s always so nice to see you get so worked up about the stuff you like.” She smiled wide.
“Heh, please, how could I be sad having a fantastic dinner with my older sister?”
“Oh, Ryu, you flatter me. ...It’s a shame we didn’t start doing this until we were older.”
“Yeah… Well, if there’s one good thing Haruka did, it’s bring us closer together.”
“Definitely.”

Azuma Residence, Kyoto
20:38

Miyuki drove me back to my house.
I got out of her car and walked over to the driver’s side.
“Enjoy going back to work, Ryu.” she said from her opened window
“Heh, I’ll do my best.”
“It was good to see ya, little brother.”
“Good to see you too, ‘older sister.’ We should do this more often.”
“For sure. Listen, I’ll see you around, Ryu.”
“Bye, Yuki.”

She drove off with a wave.

“Now… To look up what in the hell End of Evangelion was about!”

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:27 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Agreed about the prior post - nice tying up Ryu and Jack for a touching family moment. Got a smirk in my mind from Yuki telling Ryu about the English differences, heh.

and now for some fanboyish points of interest:
Come on Ryu, first step to finding the truth about Flowers is pressing! Then you find the contradictions!
That Meats kid probably watches TV on his off-days.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:34 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Powerprosfan31 wrote:
hmmmmm, I heard whispers of a red-suited man liking a show about a samurai and steel...

philliesfan134 wrote:
Come on Ryu, first step to finding the truth about Flowers is pressing! Then you find the contradictions!

What you did there...

I saw it. 8)

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:00 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

AgentP wrote:
What you did there...

I saw it. 8)

welcome to the club buddy

all fans welcome :O)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:34 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

June 16, 2036

After taking one final day to rest and make sure I was truly at 100%, I decided to start my work week on its usual day--Monday. I arrived at the park early and was met with the familiar smell of its freshly cut grass. I walked into the locker room and the players were all there, getting ready for their pre-game warmups.

“I’m back once again, boys.” I said, extremely coolly, upon entering.
“Yo! Azuma, welcome back!” Ishikawa was the first one to speak up.
“Welcome back, coach.” Tsuyoshi Tsukada followed up with a welcome of his own.
“It’s good to be back. But it’s even better to see you guys doing so well! An eight game winning streak is incredible!” I was proud of them. They seem to do real well without me here, heheh. Hopefully they’ll still need me next year!

“Anyways, we’ve got the Eagles’ second string team tonight, and even though they’re in the basement, we can’t take them lightly.”

0|3|1|0|0|0|0|0|0 4|11|2 Eagles (2nd) (25-34-1)
7|0|0|0|0|0|0|0|x 7|15|0 Archers (37-20-3)

Lineup:
1. Takamaichi Ishikawa - CF (5-5, 2B, 3B, 2 RBI [21, 22])
2. Tsuyoshi Tsukada - C (1-3, 2 BB)
3. Satoshi Kura - SS (3-5, HR [11], 3 RBI [36, 37, 38])
4. Kaz Murata - 3B (1-5, HR [16], 1 RBI [40])
5. Gingo Yokoi - DH (0-4)
6. Taiga Shimizu - LF (2-4, 2B, 1 RBI [18])
7. Hironori Nakagawa - 2B (1-4)
8. Moriaki Takamachi - 1B (1-4)
9. Makoto Morimoto - RF (1-4, 2B)

Pitcher(s):
Tai Naga (7 IP, 4 R, 4 ER, 2 K)
Masayuki Iwada (2 IP, 0 R)

WP: Tai Naga (6-3)
LP: Yasuo Matsuyama (2-5) [0.2 IP, 7 R, 3 ER]
S: --

An excellent win for my first game back! Ishikawa had a fantastic day at the plate and was just a homerun short of a cycle! Once again, these guys are showing that they’re the best in the league.

June 17, 2036

Rakuten Golden Eagles (2nd) - 2 (25-35-1)
Asuka Archers - 3 (38-20-3)

June 18, 2036

Rakuten Golden Eagles (2nd) - 5 (26-35-1)
Asuka Archers - 3 (38-21-3)

June 19, 2036

Chiba Lotte Marines (2nd) - 6 (30-31-2)
Asuka Archers - 2 (38-22-3)

June 20, 2036

Chiba Lotte Marines (2nd) - 0 (30-32-2)
Asuka Archers - 11 (39-22-3)

June 21, 2036

Chiba Lotte Marines (2nd) - 1 (30-33-2)
Asuka Archers - 5 (40-22-3)

June 22, 2036

Chiba Lotte Marines (2nd) - 4 (30-34-2)
Asuka Archers - 6 (41-22-3)

June 23, 2036

Asuka Archers - 0 (41-23-3)
Mito Ronin - 8 (39-25-1)

June 24, 2036

Asuka Archers - 4 (42-23-2)
Mito Ronin - 3 (39-26-1)

June 25, 2036

Asuka Archers - 5 (43-23-2)
Mito Ronin - 2 (39-27-1)

June 26, 2036

--DAY OFF--

--

philliesfan134 wrote:
Agreed about the prior post - nice tying up Ryu and Jack for a touching family moment. Got a smirk in my mind from Yuki telling Ryu about the English differences, heh.

and now for some fanboyish points of interest:
That Meats kid probably watches TV on his off-days.

rumor has it he always watches TV at midnight, for whatever reason

AgentP wrote:
What you did there...

I saw it. 8)

ayyy 8)

Money can't buy life

Last edited by Powerprosfan31 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 12:41 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I love the idea of this log, the 2nd string teams was brilliant Tweav.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:08 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

June 27, 2036

Fukushima Bears (2nd) - 16 (37-30-0)
Asuka Archers - 3 (43-24-2)

June 28, 2036

Fukushima Bears (2nd) - 7 (38-30-0)
Asuka Archers - 6 (43-25-2)

June 29, 2036

Fukushima Bears (2nd) - 9 (39-30-0)
Asuka Archers - 5 (43-26-3)

June 30, 2036

Fukushima Bears (2nd) - 1 (39-31-0)
Asuka Archers - 7 (44-26-3)

July 1, 2036

Niigata Toki (2nd) - 2 (35-37-0)
Asuka Archers - 5 (45-26-3)

July 2, 2036

Niigata Toki (2nd) - 1 (35-38-0)
Asuka Archers - 4 (46-26-3)

July 3, 2036

Niigata Toki (2nd) - 3 (36-38-0)
Asuka Archers - 2 (46-27-3)

July 4, 2036

We’ve got the Giants second string team for the next couple of days. They have one real strong player in Matsumoto, but other than that, they’re really nothing to worry about.

Shinya Matsumoto - 2B
AGE, 2ND POSITION, B/T, TRJ, CON, POW, RUN, ARM, FLD, E RES
19, SS, S/R, 3, A, D, B, B, D, F
He’s a garbage fielder, but more than makes up for it with his ability with the bat. Rumor has it he’s only down here to better his glovework.
AVG: .339
HR: 6
RBI: 37

2|0|0|1|0|0|0|0|0. 3|7|0 Archers (46-28-3)
0|0|0|0|0|0|0|2|2x 4|9|0 Giants (2nd) (30-45-2)

Lineup:
1. Takamaichi Ishikawa - CF (2-4)
2. Tsuyoshi Tsukada - C (3-4, 2B, 1 RBI [10])
3. Satoshi Kura - SS (1-4, 3B)
4. Kaz Murata - 3B (1-4, HR [19], 1 RBI [51])
5. Gingo Yokoi - DH (0-4)
6. Taiga Shimizu - LF (0-4)
7. Hironori Nakagawa - 2B (0-3)
8. Moriaki Takamachi - 1B (0-3)
9. Makoto Morimoto - RF (0-3)

Pitcher(s):
Futoshi Oyokawa (8.1 IP, 3 R, 3 ER, 6 K)
Kinichi Yamamoto (0 IP, 1 R, 1 ER)

WP: Souichi Nozawa (2-5) [1 IP, 0 R]
LP: Kinichi Yamamoto (0-4)
S: --

Welp… Matsumoto ended up hitting a walk off 2-run homerun… Damn.

July 5, 2036

Asuka Archers - 2 (46-29-3)
Yomiuri Giants (2nd) - 4 (31-45-2)

July 6, 2036

Asuka Archers - 1 (46-30-3)
Yomiuri Giants (2nd) - 3 (32-45-2)

July 7, 2036

Asuka Archers - 3 (46-31-3)
Hiroshima Carp (2nd) - 5 (40-38-2)

July 8, 2036

Asuka Archers - 7 (47-31-3)
Hiroshima Carp (2nd) - 1 (40-39-2)

July 9, 2036

Asuka Archers - 3 (47-31-4)
Hiroshima Carp (2nd) - 3 (40-39-3)

July 10, 2036

Asuka Archers - 6 (48-31-4)
Hiroshima Carp (2nd) - 2 (40-40-3)

--

BrewersFuzz wrote:
I love the idea of this log, the 2nd string teams was brilliant Tweav.

hey thx BooCrew c:

Money can't buy life

Last edited by Powerprosfan31 on Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:08 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Boy, that was sort of a rough stretch of games. :?

Are those Carp you played the 1st string, NPB Carp? If so, why?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:12 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

BrewersFuzz wrote:

Whoopsies nope, they're the second stringers (ni-gun if u cool) forgot to put it in there

thanks for pointing that out C:

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:15 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Powerprosfan31 wrote:
BrewersFuzz wrote:

Whoopsies nope, they're the second stringers (ni-gun if u cool) forgot to put it in there

thanks for pointing that out C:

Ohh :lol: I was just really confused because I thought you played the 1st-string team and beat them twice. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 ... 22  Next