It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 9:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: You got traded!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:19 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
I would expect most/all of us will be starting out with our favorite teams but what would you do if they traded you? Very few rookies ever make a big splash and normally take a year or two to become established. If your team traded you within the first or so what would you do?

a) imagine if you went from Yankees to Boston, your teams hated rival...would you purposely try to teeoff managment in hopes of getting traded again?

b) stick with the team untill you are a FA then try to resign with your favorite team, now an established player.

c) forget your team, stay with your rival so can always get some revenage?

d) sign with another team with hopes of starting your own history with a differant fanchise even if it is the Pirates, KC, or Baltimore.

Another question while I'm thinking about it.....your team offers you longer contract less dollars but someone else offers less years but mega bucks---do take the money or stay with your team?

What was the color of dirt BEFORE it got dirty?

Post subject: Re: You got traded!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 3:43 am 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: Reds
If I got traded I would try to stick it to the team that sent me away and beat them down when ever I could

and I would take the higher paying contract

"I sincerely believe that there is nothing truly great in any man or woman except their character, their willingness to move beyond the realm of self and into a greater realm of selflessness. Giving back is the ultimate talent in life.."
– Ozzie Smith

"Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps."
-Willie Mays

"A baseball game is simply a nervous breakdown divided into nine innings." -Earl Wilson

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 4:17 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
For one I'm going to make a faithful Sox Player. Reload if traded.

And for another I will try to be rich no matter who offers the most.

Quote:
Hello
Though I am not a coach, I can coach, please trust me!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 9:26 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Indians
If I get traded I'm gonna beat down everything and show them that it was a bad idea to trade me :P

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 10:23 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
What if you're in the opposite league?

I would sock it to 'em though. :x

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 8:48 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
They(cubs) better not trade me to the cardinals...or somewhwere in the divison, I'll just have to put a pounding on them each time I play them. Trust me, they'll regret it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 3:22 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Padres
It's all about revenge. It seems we're almost all in agreement about that one. Knock around the team that traded you whenever you play them. Lead your new team to the series and watch your old team rot in the cellar.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 4:46 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
Whatever happened to having pride for your team? If you got traded early on how could you blame them for trying to make the team better? You could always resign with them when you become a FA.

How long has some of you been a Cubbie fan, Reds, Astros...wouldn't you want the chance to come back to your childhood team to finish out your career?

What was the color of dirt BEFORE it got dirty?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:05 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: Reds
FoxTrump wrote:
Whatever happened to having pride for your team? If you got traded early on how could you blame them for trying to make the team better? You could always resign with them when you become a FA.

How long has some of you been a Cubbie fan, Reds, Astros...wouldn't you want the chance to come back to your childhood team to finish out your career?

Well thats the thing I would love to finish my career with the Angels seeing as I love them to death but if I were to get traded off by them it would hurt me emotionally and for that reason I would want to stick it to the management for getting rid of me in the first place by showing them just how great of a player they let go

"I sincerely believe that there is nothing truly great in any man or woman except their character, their willingness to move beyond the realm of self and into a greater realm of selflessness. Giving back is the ultimate talent in life.."
– Ozzie Smith

"Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps."
-Willie Mays

"A baseball game is simply a nervous breakdown divided into nine innings." -Earl Wilson

Last edited by SUPACLIPA on Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:07 pm 
Ace
Ace

SUPACLIPA wrote:
FoxTrump wrote:

Well thats the thing I would love to finish my career with the Angels seeing as I love them to death but if I were to get treaded of by them it would hurt me emotionally and for that reason I would want to stick it to the management for getting rid of me in the first place by showing them just how great of a player they let go

well said

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 5:26 pm 
Ace
Ace

Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
calislim wrote:
SUPACLIPA wrote:
FoxTrump wrote:

Well thats the thing I would love to finish my career with the Angels seeing as I love them to death but if I were to get treaded of by them it would hurt me emotionally and for that reason I would want to stick it to the management for getting rid of me in the first place by showing them just how great of a player they let go

well said

I agree also. I mean, I always could end up with them again later in my career, but I still want to show them what they did was a mistake.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:38 pm 
Ace
Ace

I kind of hope that the team you play for is random every time. Sure, I'd love to play for my favorite team, but it would be more interesting if I didn't have a choice. Maybe depending on how good your starting stats are could determine what team drafts you or something like that.

But since this is a 20 year deal, I'm sure you'll be able to pick the team.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 7:58 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Giants
SUPACLIPA wrote:
FoxTrump wrote:

Well thats the thing I would love to finish my career with the Angels seeing as I love them to death but if I were to get traded off by them it would hurt me emotionally and for that reason I would want to stick it to the management for getting rid of me in the first place by showing them just how great of a player they let go

Pretty much hit it on the head. The player I described in my thread started with the Tokyo Giants, then was traded to the Hanshin Tigers. After that, every time we played the Giants I made sure they knew they traded away a future HOFer. My best ever career game was against them, complete game no-hit shutout (one guy got on due to an error), ended up with 13 Ks that game.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:13 pm 
Ace
Ace

MrWelz wrote:
I kind of hope that the team you play for is random every time. Sure, I'd love to play for my favorite team, but it would be more interesting if I didn't have a choice. Maybe depending on how good your starting stats are could determine what team drafts you or something like that.

That's what I'm hoping too. It really should be random. Most players only get to play for their favorite teams after they've become superstars and hit free agency. Even then you're not guaranteed to get signed by them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 10:59 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Yeah you should have to get drafted first.