All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bob Johnson Log SP
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:01 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Sony PS2
I created this player in Success Mode and and I'm bring him into Life Mode. This is Bob Johnson and this is his story...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Team: New York Yankees
Stats:
Top Speed:84
Control:C
Stamina:B
Pitches:
2 Fastball
2 Sinker
2 Forkball
1 Slurve
1 Curveball
1 Changeup
1 Screwball

Spring Training

Well, I just got done my meeting with Matthew. It was a good day he told me that the Yankees gave me a contract offer for one year of the minium salary of $320,000. Money didn't matter I signed with the Yankees and I did what Marvin and I always wanted to do I made it to the Majors.

It was my first practice the next day where I met another Rookie Pitcher Oakely. We had a conversation about are AAA carrers in the bullpen while we were working on Stamina. A few days later I met Mia a nice looking girl and reporter for Power Pro Sports.

Later that week my MLB Manager called me and Oakely into his office to have a little meeting. He gave us some hard new to take but we already knew about this but hearing him say this was very dissapointing. He told us that are starters relievers and closers are already pretty much set and it's going to be hard to make the Opening Day Roster. Even after that news he still gave me a shot because I came in relief in the next game against the Marlins.

Spring Training Game 1
The game was tied 1-1 when I came in with 2 outs men on first top of the 7th inning. My first batter in the Majors lasted 10 pitches! I ended up getting him to ground out to secound base. The next inning I struck out one and the other two grounded out. In the bottom of that inning Alex Rodrgiues hit a 1 run shot. Then in the top of the ninth I went one two three, with a strikeout. I WON THE GAME!!!! I finshed the game with 2 K's and 0.00 ERA and a win.
After the big win I took Oakely out to dinner to celebrate.

Spring Training Game 2

In game two against the Mets I came in the 8th Inning we were losing 3 to 1. I had another good two inning game, with 3 K's and only 1 hit allowed. We lost the game but the Manager was happy with my performance and I got another change!!

Spring Training Game 3

In game three against the Reds I cam in the 4th inning the game was tied 0-0. This game wasn't as good as all the other games. My arm was a little sore because I was practicng a little to hard over the past week and I was missing my marks. I ended up onlt going 1.2 innings with no k's giving up 3 runs and 6 hits. I got the lose and indemitely after the game my manager called me over and demoted me to AAA :(
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So, what do you guys think?

Post subject: Re: Bob Johnson Log SP
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:02 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Giants
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (DS) Nettou! Powerful Koushien
good job so far.
even if you do like the yanks (screw u steinbrenner and a-rod!!!!!), it's very good.

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:08 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Pirates
Console '08: Wii and DS
I'm the third person to view this!

Good player, I like that he has a bunch of low pitches, so we'll really see some growth throughout the log.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:14 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Phillies
Thoguh i hate the yanks, very good. I'll follow.

Mike
He's a real player that DrMario made for me.

This is my friend's forum from school.
http://jplaz.com/ I'm catcher51 there, too.

R.I.P. Harry Kalas 1936-2009 "It's outta here!"
R.I.P Jim Johnson 1941-2009 Blitz (need i say more?)

"I'm a dishonest man, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you have to watch out for. Because you never know when they're going to do something stupid."
Jack Sparrow
. Pirates of the Caribbean and the Curse of the Black Pearl.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:13 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Thanks for all the comments (even if you were busting on the Yankees)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Triple A

Well, I knew one day that it would come to this but it's very deppressing when it does. I go from a nice 5 Star Hotel and Team Planes to cheap Motel Rooms and Old Tour Buses. I couldn't let that hold me down though I had to make that Luxary my goal that one day I will have that Luxary day in and day out. For the rest of spring Training I worked my butt of almost never having a chat with my new friend Oakely, I was to busy hard at work. By the time the season came around I guess I stood out above all the rest and got not only a sparting spot Number 1 in the rotation! Now all I had to do was perform in a game and thats whenit was going to get hard.

Opening Day

It was finnaly Opening Day, what I dreamed about since I was a kid! Even on opening day the stadium was around 3 quarters full, the fans probaly stayed home to watch the Yankees last Opening Day in Yankee Stadium. You may think that I would be nervous I thought I would be but I thribe off Fear.

Game 1 Toronto Blue Jays

We were up against a not so good AAA team which people may say why I had the day I did. The first three innings I threw not hit ball with 4K's. You may be thinking no hitter but of course I over heard a conversation in the dugout and they were talking about a potential no hitter. Then it hit me that I may have a chance at one. Of course though the top of the fourth inning bam a weak single up the middle and my dreams were shot. Now that I look back I'm glad it happened becaue now I could just move on batter by batter. By the 7th Inning I gave up 1 hit and had 7K's. At the bottom of that inning there was a solo shot hit giving us the lead 1-0. I pitched a complete game of only 68 pitches getting the win! I struck out 9 and had a ERA of 0.00 a perfect game and I only gave up two hits a TWO HITTER! It was a good day the manger was happy and I took Oakely out to Dinner to Celebrate.

Game 2 Tampa Bay Rays

Later that week I had my secound start coming up against the hard hitting Rays. After the first three innings I gave up 6 hits letting them load the bases twice. I got out of the Jam but it was to close to call. After the third inning the pitching coach pulled me aside and gave me a little pep talk and after he was done Jo More came up to me. He was a experienced Pitcher who has been in AAA for 6 years. He gave me a little talk about don't be worried about the size of the guys and just do what you do best PLAY BALL! I was fired up and pitched 8.1 innings that game, pitching 92 pitches and getting another win. I gave up 10 hits but struck out nine giving up no runs. Now I'm 2-0 with 18K's and a 0.00 ERA a great start and if I keep it up that Luxary will be here sooner then I expected.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:17 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Giants
Favorite Japanese title: (DS) Nettou! Powerful Koushien
Nice!
Good job so far, and good luck.

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 7:01 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Lol Good job!
Though I can't say I like Yankees as much as Mets, it's my favourite American League team!
i would suggest having the log on the same post, that way we don't have to turn pages to read it, any comments would be posted below
Agreed?

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has it's own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of the mystery everyday. Never lose a holy curiousity
-Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:01 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Well, I like it the way I'm doing it now but if theres enough people who like it Zero's way I will change it. So, please just leave a quick message on what you would like me to do.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:08 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Either way is fine with me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:28 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I really don't mind turning pages, and this way, we can know when ana update is up, versus having to check.

Mike

"I'm a dishonest man, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you have to watch out for. Because you never know when they're going to do something stupid."
Jack Sparrow

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:31 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

catcher51 wrote:
I really don't mind turning pages, and this way, we can know when ana update is up, versus having to check.

That's why I like to make it a new post everytime, otherwise this thread can go unnoticed and die out.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:46 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

motorox8 wrote:
catcher51 wrote:

That's why I like to make it a new post everytime, otherwise this thread can go unnoticed and die out.

Bingo. I'm doing the same with mine.

Mike

Jack Sparrow

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:02 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

I've decided to go with making a new post everytime so everybody knows when I've updated the Topic.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a not so great game I decided to lay off the practicing everyday because that's what I did the game before and it didn't end out to well. Matthew called me the day before to set up dinner to talk about some contract stuff and it helped me get to know him better for next year. Then I took a little nap to rest up so that I was 100% for practicing. I practiced the next day and had my Game the next.

Game 3 Kansas City Royals

It was time for my first away game against a very good contact hitting Kansas City Royals. All but one player was batting .300 or over. It was a tough game It was a rare when I got a strikeout it was a game where I had to battle with every better. Almost every at bat went into a 2-2 count. I was able to keep them from crossing home playe but are offense couldn't cross it either, it was our first tie of the season 0-0. I had a good game not my best but a good game. I went 8.1 innings with 4K's and no runs alloweed. The manager was happy with my performance and told me I did only what I could.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Post again later tonight with the next game, sorry for such a short post :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:13 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

motorox8 wrote:
I've decided to go with making a new post everytime so everybody knows when I've updated the Topic.

After a not so great game I decided to lay off the practicing everyday because that's what I did the game before, and it didn't end out to well. Matthew called me the day before to set up dinner and to talk about some contract stuff. It helped me get to know him better for next year. Then I took a little nap to rest up so that I was 100% for practicing. I practiced the next day and had my Game the next.

Game 3 Kansas City Royals

It was time for my first away game against a very good contact hitting Kansas City Royals. All but one player was batting .300 or over. It was a tough game. It was a rare when I got a strikeout. It was a game where I had to battle with every better. Almost every at-bat went into a 2-2 count. I was able to keep them from crossing home plate but our offense couldn't cross it either, it was our first tie of the season 0-0. I had a good game. Not my best, but a good game. I went 8.1 innings with 4 K's and no runs allowed. The manager was happy with my performance and told me I did only what I could.
Post again later tonight with the next game, sorry for such a short post :cry:

Editing runs through my family, and your misspellings bothered me. Sorry, some of these are just opinion and just didn't seem to flow with me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:44 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

I'm sorry about that I was going to run it through spell-check but I had to run I was late for dinner. I'll make sure this post and all my other posts to come are run through spell-check.

Game 4 Boston Red Soxs

Up next we had a very good Boston Red Soxs team ready to take down there rivals even if this was AAA. I don't like being in Boston nobody knows who I am but I still feel unsafe walking down the streets. I think the whole way "He is looking at me funny, maybe he knows who I am." Then I make a quick right or left and get away just in case but they think I'm just another College Student or Tourist.

It was finally game time and I felt butterflies in my stomach for the first time since signing my contract with the Yankees. After this game I knew why it wasn't good to have butterflies. There was one out man on first and secound because of a bonehead move by the shortstop throwing to second when he was clearly was going to be safe. The next batter I had a 2-2 count on and gave him a sinker that sink. He ripped it into center scoring 1 and now there were men on first and second. I struck out the next guy hoping to get out of this jam with only one run. Then, there was a miscommunication between the third baseman and the shortstop. I got the batter to ground to the left side of the infield and both the shortstop and the third baseman didn't move and watched it roll by, scoring 2 more. The next batter flied out and the inning was over. After the first we were losing 3-0 not good for a team that averages 1 run a game. I had a good game after that another tough battle but I got through 7.1 innings with 5K's but giving up 9 hits and 3 runs giving us the lose. The manager wasn't too happy about performance and either was I giving up three runs in the minors isn't good. I knew that the next time I get the ball I would really have to earn the #1 spot on the rotation.