Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Requests:
These rules are subject to change at any time. Remember, custom players take time to make just right.

* One player request per person at a time. No exceptions. Post ALL of the required information (name, position, appearance) and as much desired info as possible (desired abilities, stat levels).
* When your request is fulfilled, edit the title of the first post to say so. Make a link to the post if the completion post is deep in the thread.
* Wait a week before bumping an un-answered request. The few of us who are kind enough to offer our services are more than likely busy with other requests or our own players.
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Calling all Real Players (wii)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:26 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
I'm still focusing on guys that debuted in 2008, with some opening day 2009 guys as well.

Guys that debuted in 2010 I won't get to for a long time - I'm only one guy, making one or two of these a week if I'm lucky. No one else is helping at this point (for Wii), and many teams like the Cards, Astros, and Orioles have no rookies made for them.

I'm ignoring any player drafted after 2007, since the game runs a 2008 draft with near-MLB caliber players. So Strasburg, Harper, Mike Leake and the like aren't in my plans.

Again - I can't seem to stress this enough - anyone that has a Wii, and still plays this game, that can contribute just 2-5 players from a team of their choosing, will TOTALLY help make this game playable for folks for the next year. If you want to make Boesch, those stats seem fine. Arm could be higher (based on his MiLB assists) and even contact could be higher too. He could be the AL's Colby Rasmus.

I'm currently doing the A's roster, so I'm stuck making 3 or 4 starting pitchers, and a few relievers. Then I'm onto the Rangers.

Expansion Mode Challenge!
2008 Real-Life players from Success Mode - Please assist if you have the time!!
Older/dead logs:
Let the Fielders pitch! New log
MLB Life Mode log - OF Ryan Evert, Athletics
Honolulu Heroes Season Log - real-life players join a scrub team! Find out how they do in the AL West!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:39 am 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Favorite Team: Rays
I feel kind of dirty that I never posted my characters at the start, I could have saved you a helluva lot of time. I also feel dirty that I never built off of what I started myself...

I'm going to go back into PP and start where I left off, I'll drop you a PM and we discuss if you need any of my passwords and what players I can get started on.

I'm going to get started on a Drew Stubbs, any ideas on his stats? I'd also appreciate what you think about batting stance and looks.

I was thinking

Traj: 2
Con: 7/8/9(?)
Pwr: 110 area
Spd: 13
Arm: 10-12
Fld: 11-13
E Res: 10-12

Ablts: Timely Whiff(?) Spider Catch(?)(probably won't be able to get) Gd bunt and Gd IF htr and Table Setter(?)

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=3276

It's going to be great!!!

Time to stop the spam!!!

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3294

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:37 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Hey DrMario - any luck finding your old players and posting their PWs?

One post you have lists a few guys we need:

Conor Gillaspie
Mitch Maier
Mike Aviles
Dexter Fowler
Phil Coke

Trevor Cahill and any other A's relievers would be good. I need to know who to start on next (after Landon Powell), so if you have any of these guys, I'll move on to others.

Older/dead logs:
Honolulu Heroes Season Log - real-life players join a scrub team! Find out how they do in the AL West!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:26 am 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
DrMario wrote:
I feel kind of dirty that I never posted my characters at the start, I could have saved you a helluva lot of time. I also feel dirty that I never built off of what I started myself...

I'm going to go back into PP and start where I left off, I'll drop you a PM and we discuss if you need any of my passwords and what players I can get started on.

I'm going to get started on a Drew Stubbs, any ideas on his stats? I'd also appreciate what you think about batting stance and looks.

I was thinking

Traj: 2
Con: 7/8/9(?)
Pwr: 110 area
Spd: 13
Arm: 10-12
Fld: 11-13
E Res: 10-12

Ablts: Timely Whiff(?) Spider Catch(?)(probably won't be able to get) Gd bunt and Gd IF htr and Table Setter(?)

Here's what I gave him.

Drew Stubbs CF/LF/RF

2 trj
6 con
130 pwr
13 spd
10 arm
9 fld
7 e res

Firstball hitter(hits .416 in 0 strike counts)
Gd IF hitter
Stealing 4
Timely Whiff(I wasn't able to get it for him, but I believe he should have it)

I wasn't able to get the fielding as high as I wanted it(around 10 and 9), because I figured I could get everything without gambling. I will say that I'm not the best judge on defensive ratings though, so your suggestions might be better.

I may have given him a little too much power, but with the power he's shown this year I'd say 120-130 power is appropriate for him(especially with 2 trj). I simulated a season with him leading off, and he hit .234 10 HR's(20 2b's and 9 3b's), so it worked pretty well in a simulation.

For his face, I believe I gave him No. 160 or No. 198. I can't remember which exactly, but I took a look at his face and looked through the selections again and it looks to be one of those two(I really wish we could look at these things after we finish the player).

I'd give him hair style 15 or 16, with hair color 3. No facial hair.

Batting stance is one that I was torn on, but eventually decided on Standard # 8. He holds his hands more like Standard 11 or 13, but I felt the movement was a little better with 8. You could really choose any of the 3, although I'd put it a tie between 8 and 11, with 13 being the worst of the 3(I felt the movement was just a little wierd).

Edit: Here's a link to robhallets version of Stubbs, it's actually pretty similar to mine. Wish I had seen it before I spent my time making him.

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=4180&p=79742&hilit=stubbs#p79742

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:25 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I could try making some, if you want.

I've been looking at Jonathan Van Every, but I still have absolutely no idea what kind of hitting stats I could give him, or what abilities, that's what others will have to determine for me to make players, I have no idea what stats to give, if I have those, I can make players.

Here's what I have for Van Every's pitching:

81 MPH Top Speed
E, 45 Stam
F, 100 Ctrl

No good? Any suggestions?

I really do need the hitting stuff, I have no idea where to start.

Quote:
Hello
Though I am not a coach, I can coach, please trust me!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:42 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Okay - here's how I can help.

First off, Van Every is a AAA-type of player. He doesn't stick on an MLB squad, so that's for good reason. Sp stay away from any colorful letters (C, B, A).

His lifetime batting average in the minors is around .255, but the last few years in the minors he's been bad. So contact of F is about right (5).
He's hit as many as 26 homers in a season, in AAA, so there's some power there. Power is somewhere around a D maybe.
He's stolen a few bases - 16 in 2005, but not many since. So speed of E/D range now, in his late 20s. I would go with D.
Fielding is more subjective - how does he run down batted balls, etc. I would go with E/D to start, but this might require more review.
Lifetime fielding % at .982, so he doesn't make errors. E-Res of C I'd say.

That's about it on a first pass. Not the type of guy to have many special abilities. He strikes out pretty frequenty (157 Ks in 2008, in AAA), so timely whiff might work. Your pitching stats sound good - he hit the 80s when pitching.

Older/dead logs:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:53 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

So, I did an inventory of who on the Wii has created what. Here goes: red is currently being created. Blue is what has been claimed or what may be made, but just not shared/posted. All others in normal text are posted on the site.

Alloutwar:
Bartolo Colon
Roger Clemens
Freddy Garcia
Casey Fossum
Bruce Chen
Brett Anderson
Gio Gonzalez
Ricky Romero
Max Scherzer
Clayton Kershaw
Rick Porcello
JA Happ
Josh Outman
Daniel Bard
Pokey Reese
Russell Branyan
Casey McGehee
Pablo Sandoval
Elvis Andrus
Nick Green
Barry Bonds
Bernie Williams
Carlos Gonzalez
Colby Rasmus
Darnell McDonald
Brett Gardner
Matt Wieters
John Baker
Landon Powell
Chase Headley

jacobye46:
Ike Davis
Travis Snider
Jay Bruce
Garrett Jones
Andrew McCutchen
Gerardo Parra
Cameron Maybin
Brian Lahair
Lance Neikro
Chris Volstad
David Pauley
Justin Masterson
Stephen Strasburg
Chris Davis
Gordon Beckham

DrMario:
Mike Costanzo
Trevor Cahill
Chris Coghlan
Dexter Fowler
Mike Aviles
Mitch Maier
Phil Coke

Drew Stubbs

ChiCubsFan4:
Tyler Colvin
Jeff Samardzija

Zumikaku:
Andres Blanco
Starlin Castro

dishnetkid:
Scott Sizemore
Austin Jackson
Chris Carter
Brennan Boesch

stevenjackson39:
Taylor Teagarden
Justin Smoak

BrewersFuzz:

Dr K:
Doug Mirabelli
Charlie Zink
Lars Anderson
Trot Nixon

redclayson:
Francisco Cervelli
David Robertson
Ramiro Pena
Alfredo Aceves

sparkplug15:
Jose Arrendondo
David Price

Vuffster:
Brad Bergesen

cooldude1045:
Jonathan Van Every

I want to thank everyone for the monumentous effort. If anyone else here, like Brewers or Expos, want to join in or claim guys and start making them, please do! There's plenty more guys to go around. With maybe 70 made altogether, we still have about half the space on our Wii memory to fill up. And at least 50 or 60 more MLB players that can be created.

My next step is creating some Excel docs, comparing the MLBPP rosters to real-life, current rosters, and seeing what big gaps are remaining. Rob Hallett and Eric Davis have done great work in that area, but I want to do it on Excel and share it for all to see/use.

Older/dead logs:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 8:21 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Orioles
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Actually it was all Eric's doing. I created alot of players, but Eric had worked out the stats and everything. If anything Eric deserves alot of credit

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:24 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Yankees
Jacobye did a Strasburg? I was going to get started on one, but I guess I won't need to. Does anyone have a link? I would love to see this.

Anyways, anyone who does people like this is so helpful. I would contribute, but I'm not exactly spectacular at Success Mode.

"When you're in a slump, it's almost as if you look out at the field and it's one big glove." -Vance Law

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:36 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

All players are linked on the wiki. Check out the Wiki page, middle link in my sig (3rd one down)

Older/dead logs:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:27 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Yankees
If no one has made a Jason Heyward yet, I can make one but I need stats.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:55 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Hey there - checking in on this. I notice some people have kept up creating real players that debuted in 2008 and after. If the player's ratings are realistic, and his age is correct (as of start of game in 2008), I'll be happy to add them to the Wiki list.

Feel free to link guys here, or just notify me when you post one.

Older/dead logs:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 4:59 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Don't Own
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
y'know alloutwar, thanks for the effort you put in back then to keep this game alive. it honestly still had me playing the game consistently until about last year I'd say. I wanted to help out and make real players too but Success Mode takes too long for too many players that need to be made. And you have to do it every year to keep things up to date, just won't work.

that and editing ratings of players already in the game every year to adjust who's had breakout seasons/declined, it's just futile. But I do appreciate you and the other guys who contributed because this is a really great game. Especially for me since I've never got to play the Show on consoles (have it on Vita which is good) and 2K didn't always cut it on 360.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2014 5:19 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
And then there's us with cruel parents who won't let them buy a new console. :razz:

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 12:34 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

thanks for the praise PhilliesFan134. I sometimes look back on this as wasted time/effort, but with this forum and wiki still being actively used today, and others still creating players...well it's clear this game had staying power. If they had made more US versions, it would be a mixed blessing - I'd love the bug fixes and new rosters, but I'd hate having to create the players all over again! haha.

At this point I still consider it a mission to make the 2008 rosters usable for a 5-7 year stretch...which for me means making about 15-20 more players in success mode. Anyone drafted before '08 (so no Brett Wallace), anyone that debuted and made a serious impact...I've pretty much pared my list down to

Dexter Fowler (in progress)
Mat Latos
Josh Reddick
John Jaso
Drew Stubbs
Nolan Reimold
Matt Joyce
Carlos Santana
Neftali Feliz
Jordan Zimmermann
Ryan webb
Brett Cecil
Scott Elbert
Brad Zielger
Chris Tillman
Clayton Richard
Mike Aviles
Everth Cabrera
Paul Janish

This is after finishing off Andrew Bailey, Jaime Garcia, and Daniel Nava in short order on Sunday. once I finish those remaining above, I would say the game is okay as is, to replay 2008 thru maybe 2012 or 2013. Although I might nerf BJ Upton, I get so sick of him coming to the plate in the top 10 in HRs, lol. It still can't be played for too long, since the 40+ guys hang around and the draftees all suck.

If anyone wants to help make the guys above, or has a REALISTIC version already, hit me up!

Older/dead logs:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 13  Next