Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2024 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Posting:

* Individual players should be in their own thread, with the full name of the player and position(s) in the title. Don't add superlatives or any other shout outs to it... we will see your guys...
* If you post a team or a set of players, add players by editing your starting post so they're all in the same post. A bump to announce the edit is appropriate.
* Posting images are fine, provided they are small in dimension and data. 800x600 and ~50Kb should be the biggest you can post inline (using the [IMG] tag), anything larger, post a link or a clickable thumbnail instead.
* If you have wiki rights, add your player(s) and team(s) there as well!
-->

Post subject: ED44's Fictional Dudes
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:03 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Mariners
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
I came across a used Gameshark disk ($1) and started pumping out some fictional PS2 players – mostly young studs and semi-studs with personality. Let me know if you would like passwords for any of the guys below. I’ll have some more SP’s and mediocre position players in the future, once Tiger Woods 11 gets its claws out of me.

Vladimir Quintero, C/RF: Quintero has a rocket arm (Arm 14) and the swing of a future batting champion (Con 10, Pwr 136, Contact Hitter, Tough Out, Hot Hitter). He is also athletic enough to play the corner positions (Spd 8, Fld 10, Res 10) if preserving his knees becomes an issue.

Pauly Wall, C: Pauly is known simply as “The Wall” for his silent nature, brick-house physique and impenetrable work behind the dish (Arm 13, Fld 12, Res 14) and no catcher in the league is more loved by his pitchers (Gd Block, Grt Catcher, Agg Fld). It’s a good thing, too, because Wall runs with a piano on his back (Spd 5) and struggles to maintain a .225 AVG (Con 5). A little power (Pwr 124) and decent success against lefties (Vs Lefty 4) keeps him from being a complete albatross offensively.

Hank Woodyard, 1B: Woodyard is a man-beast who strikes fear in the opposition with his Paul Bunyan stature (Intimidator) and light-tower power (Con 7, Pwr 218, Power Hitter, Table Setter, Clutch 4). While he displays surprising athleticism in the field (Spd 7, Arm 8, Fld 9, Res 10 Spd 7), Woodyard is also prone to the occasional mental lapse (Error Prone, Base Running 2).

Jake Casanova, 2B/CF/LF: Jake is a scrappy, switch-hitting speedster (Con 9, Pwr 115, Spd 14, Stealing 4, Base Running 4, Agg STL, Agg Run) on the cusp of stardom. His defense is league average (Arm 9, Fld 11, Res 9, Error Prone) but who cares? Last time I checked, leadoff hitters weren't growing on trees.

Teddy Encarnacion, SS/2B/3B: While not the flashiest of shortstops, Teddy's blend of good range, soft hands and nimble feet around the bag (Spd 12, Arm 12, Fld 12, Res 12, Pivot Man, Consistency 4) has earned him the nickname “Steady Teddy.” He also takes pride in doing the little things offensively (Gd Bunt, Gd Sm Ball) to make up for his relatively weak bat (Con 8, Pwr 95).

Beach Boyer, 3B/LF/1B: Boyer was born on a surfboard (literally) and looks the part, but don’t let his laid back demeanor fool you – he’s a ballplayer through and through, as evidenced by his superior defense at the hot corner (Fld 12, Res 11, Arm 14, Gold Glove) and hard-nosed style (Head-First SLD, Breakup DP, Tough Runner). Boyer is still finding his way offensively (Con 7) but does flash some natural power (Pwr 142, Pull Hitter) and a knack for big hits (Clutch 4, Gd B2B HTR).

Leonardo Ventana, LF/RF/CF: Leo looks and plays like the offspring of Rocco Baldelli and Nick Markakis. In other words, a fundamentally sound, switch-hitting Italian lady-killer who hits for average (Con 10, Spray Hitter, Hot Hitter, Tough Out) and does a bit of everything (Pwr 115, Spd 11, Arm 13, Fld 9, Res 13, Cannon Arm). Capice?

Presto Jones, CF/LF/RF: A favorite among fans and teammates alike, “Presto” lives up to his name with a legitimate 5-tool package that generates 30-30 seasons (Con 8, Pwr 166, Spd 13, Grt IF Htr, Power Hitter), high-light reel defense (Arm 13, Fld 14, Res 7, Gold Glover, Spider Catch, Cannon Arm) and great post-game interviews (Gd Morale).

Juan Peguero, RF/LF/1B: Big Juan counters poor reads and average speed in RF with a bazooka arm. At the plate, he’s a dead-pull masher (Pwr 180) with a knack for driving in runs (Gd B2B HTR).

Collin Flannery, SP: This wee Irishman has back-of-the-rotation stuff (89-91 mph FB, pitches Lvl 3 or lower), but he minimizes his mistakes, pitches deep into games, and enjoys a history of good run support (Lucky).

Frank LaFoyer, RP: This rubber-armed submarine righty doesn’t light up the radar gun (89 mph), but he peppers the bottom of the zone with an arsenal of sinkers and his signature Frisbee slider to keep the ball on the ground. He recovers fast and has enough stamina to handle any relief role you ask him to fill.

Wayne Rohlicek, RP: Due to his funky sidearm motion and mix of tailing fastballs and long-running sliders, Rohlicek can either be a championship-caliber LOOGY (93 mph, w/RISP, Vs Lefty 4) or league-average reliever, depending on how he used.

Tyler Wilson, RP: Wilson’s name is generic, but his 96 mph fastball isn’t (Fastball Life). He also features a pair of baby sliders with sharp movement (Lvl 2). So what’s not like? Well, control. Wilson is a classic late-inning tight-rope walker, complete with clutch strikeouts (Dr. K), not-so-clutch walks (Walk Prone) and backbreaking homers (Fat Pitch).

Hugo Marte, CL: This hombre is a menace, but he’s here if you want him. Hugo compliments a 99 mph fastball with a deep and filthy repertoire (mostly Lvl 4 breaking balls), a sackful of useful abilities (Spin, Gd Low Pitch, Recovery, Poise, Safe Pitch, more) and a classic Latino temper (Hot Head).

Last edited by Eric Davis 44 on Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:13 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Post subject: Re: ED44's Fictional Dudes
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:21 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
Awesome players! :D
Too bad it's for the PS2 though..... :(

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:25 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
How the heck do you Gameshark MLBPP?

"When you're in a slump, it's almost as if you look out at the field and it's one big glove." -Vance Law

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:59 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Powerprosfan31 wrote:
Awesome players! :D

Muchas gracias.

BennyBaseball wrote:

There are codes that give your Success Player infinite practice points (strength, quickness, mentality) and infinite money right from the start, which makes the Gambler's Ring the most useless item in the game. Some S/L is involved if you need something from a Secrets Book, or to avoid picking up unwanted abilities, or when boosting coach/scout eval, but for the most part, you can fly right through to the end in about 40-60 minutes for a good player, and less than that for a generic guy. If I had a code for maxed out coach/scout eval, I could probably kick out a player every 20 minutes.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:37 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Yankees
Eric Davis 44 wrote:
BennyBaseball wrote:

There are codes that give your Success Player infinite practice points (strength, quickness, mentality) and infinite money right from the start, which makes the Gambler's Ring the most useless item in the game. Some S/L is involved if you need something from a Secrets Book, or to avoid picking up unwanted abilities, or when boosting coach/scout eval, but for the most part, you can fly right through to the end in about 40-60 minutes for a good player, and less than that for a generic guy. If I had a code for maxed out coach/scout eval, I could probably kick out a player every 20 minutes.

You learn something new every day.

"When you're in a slump, it's almost as if you look out at the field and it's one big glove." -Vance Law

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:53 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
Will you have passwords soon?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:28 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Orioles
Man if I had a gameshark.... I could hammer players out like no tomorrow. So you could virually get any ability you want? That would mean the pitchers in the pitchers project that had 'A' control would be easily made by yourself.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:45 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

robhallett wrote:
Man if I had a gameshark.... I could hammer players out like no tomorrow. So you could virually get any ability you want? That would mean the pitchers in the pitchers project that had 'A' control would be easily made by yourself.

Any ability or skill that you can manually upgrade, yes, Control included. Pretty crazy.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:48 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Phillies
Yeah, I would love to have a gameshark to make my players, too bad it's not for Wii...

I like Hugo Marte and Beach Boyer the best :wink:
by the way, is Beach Boyer based on the real-life Ken Boyer?

Oh and by the way how did you get Breakup Doubleplay for Boyer?

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:10 pm 
Benchwarmer
Benchwarmer

Favorite Team: Dodgers
Console '08: Don't Own
WOOOOOOOOOW!!!! This is so awesome, the best thing since JC Denton (look him up if u havent). Would love the passwords :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 5:32 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

JcS_doDgeRs wrote:
WOOOOOOOOOW!!!! This is so awesome, the best thing since JC Denton (look him up if u havent). Would love the passwords :)

If you like fictional behemoths, check out this guy:
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=3114&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=blackbeard

I made him one week when I was on the couch recovering from surgery.

As for Boyer's Breakup DP, I checked and he doesn't have it. I was going from memory.