Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Posting:

* Individual players should be in their own thread, with the full name of the player and position(s) in the title. Don't add superlatives or any other shout outs to it... we will see your guys...
* If you post a team or a set of players, add players by editing your starting post so they're all in the same post. A bump to announce the edit is appropriate.
* Posting images are fine, provided they are small in dimension and data. 800x600 and ~50Kb should be the biggest you can post inline (using the [IMG] tag), anything larger, post a link or a clickable thumbnail instead.
* If you have wiki rights, add your player(s) and team(s) there as well!
-->

Post subject: WII - Indy Stallions: #33 Thomas Berkshire
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:11 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Reds
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
My brother-in-law and I are creating our own arrange teams to compete against each other. He lives in southern Indiana, while I live in central Indiana. His team is the Louisville Thunder and mine, as the title states, is going to be the Indianapolis Stallions. Each team can't be made up of all phenomenal super all-stars, so we have put some bounds around abilities and stats. This thread is going to be my team, made up of 13 fielders and 12 pitchers. All players use a red glove and bat, as well as a red wristband on their throwing arm. I have used names that I could find voices for, so all players have a voice. I will bump the title for the number completed, when I add another.

Fielders - ## Name - Nickname (Link to post containing draft bio and data/password link) - Stance - Position (primary first)
Starters - by Batting Order
  1. #02 Bengie Hanson - Zero - Original (#3) - SS
  2. #06 Phillip Nixan - Nix - Original (#5) - CF, LF, RF
  3. #01 Marvin Angus - Bull - Open (S.Casey) - 1B, 3B
  4. #00 Scott Proctor - Wolf - Standard (N.Garciapara) - C
  5. #04 Michael Dickson - Dickey - Crouch (#1) - RF, LF, 1B
  6. Not Created
  7. #05 Adam Tsao - Tsao - Standard (S.Hairston) - 2B, SS, LF
  8. Not Created

Reserve
  • #03 Manuel Vargas - Vargas - Standard (A.Miles) - SS, 2B, 3B
  • IF
  • OF
  • OF
  • C

Pitchers - ## Name - Nickname (Link to post containing draft bio and data/password link) - Throws - Stance - Original Pitch - Role
Starters - by Pitching Order
  1. #21 Dwayne Poighter - Cannon - Right - Overhand (K. Foulke) - Breaking Sinker "Candy" - Starting Pitcher
  2. #22 Tyler Rexan - T-Rex - Left - Submarine (#1) - Changing Curveball "Chomp" - Starting Pitcher
  3. #23 Vijai Evans - Evans - Left - Standard (P.Byrd) - Edgier Sinking Fastball "Slip Knot" - Starting Pitcher
  4. #24 Anthony Greahn - Greahn - Right - 3-Quarters (T.Wakefield) - None - Starting Pitcher
  5. Not Created

Relievers
  • #25 Brad Pickler - Pickler - Left - Overhand (#20) - None - Swing Man/Long Reliever
  • Not Created
  • Not Created
  • Not Created
  • Not Created
  • #20 Frank Knight - Lancelot - Right - 3-Quarters (#1) - Breaking Sinker "The Rock" - Set-Up Man
  • Closer

All my success mode players that I created can be found here.

Last edited by SmilingFaces96 on Sat Aug 28, 2021 1:17 pm, edited 58 times in total.

Post subject: #00 Scott Proctor - Wolf - Standard (N.Garciapara) - C
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:17 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Indianapolis Stallions Press Release
Spoken by the GM and Owner (Smiling Faces Goldman), “As General Manager of the Indianapolis Stallions, I have the great pleasure of announcing the first member of our team, the most well liked sportsman for the year 2007: Scott Proctor a.k.a. Wolf.” Wolf comes to the Stallions from northwest Alaska where he has inherited his namesake. Wolf is known for his outstanding defense behind the plate as well as his impeccable hitting prowess. Wolf can definitely be the cleanup hitter for any team, and will do so, in the four spot for the Stallions. Like many other ballplayers, Wolf likes his women as much as he does his baseball and scored himself a steady girlfriend right before entering the Majors. Wolf participates in the late night partying, but does have a kind heart as a volunteer during the day at a nearby homeless shelter. Wolf is definitely a contributor to both sections of society and that most likely is why he is so well liked.

Wolf Password Link

Biographical Data
Name: Scott Proctor
Nickname: Wolf
Voice: WOLF
Birth Date: 09/23/1986
Birthplace: Noatak, Alaska, USA
High School: Napaaqtugmiut High School (Lynx)
College: – None
AA Team: Green Apples
AAA Team: Golden Apples
MLB Team: Texas (Rangers)
Years Pro: 2
Favorite Catchphrase: “Party Time!” – In reference to anytime Wolf is feeling the grove, whether it is stepping up to bat to hit homeruns, crouching down to catch some K’s, or going out with the ladies.
Nickname Story: One afternoon he was out fishing when a terrible blizzard blew up upon him. During the three days of being trapped under snow, he burrowed his way out only to confront hungry wolves. As you can see, he survived and came back to the city wearing the wolf furs that he skinned on that devastating day. From that day on, everyone has referred to Scott as Wolf.

Positional Data
Type: Normal
Number: #00
Primary Position: C
Secondary Position: None
Role: Starter, C
Batting Order: 4
DH Batting order: 4
Bats: Right, Standard (N. Garciapara)
Throws: Right, Overhand (#1)

Statistical Data
ERA: ----
HR: 55
RBI: 148
AVG: .357

Pitching Information
Top Speed: 49 mph
Control: 23 (G)
Stamina: 1 (G)
Pitches: 4SFB
Original: None
Pitching Abilities: Durability (4)

Hitting Information
Trajectory: 3
Power: 193 (A)
Hitting Abilities: Clutch Hit (5), VS Lefty (5), Contact Hitter, Power Hitter, Spray Hitter, Push Hitter, Hot Hitter, Tough Out, Grt IF HTR, Gd B2B HTR, Firstball HTR, Table Setter, Bases Clearer (Homers often when bases are loaded), Rally Hitter
Good Strike Zone: Top Middle, Center Middle, Center Outside, Bottom Inside, Bottom Outside

Fielding Information
Run Speed: 15 (A)
Arm Strength: 15 (A)
Fielding: 15 (A)
Error Resistance: 15 (A)
Fielding Abilities: Throwing (4), Durability (4), Consistency (4), Stealing (4), Base Running (4), Gold Glover, Barehand CTH, Tough Runner, Gd Block, Grt Catcher

Other Information
Other Abilities: Aggressive RUN

Last edited by SmilingFaces96 on Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:04 pm, edited 15 times in total.

Post subject: #01 Marvin Angus - Bull - Open (S.Casey) - 1B, 3B
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:28 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

In its second acquisition, the Indianapolis Stallions have once again used their enormous bank account, provided by none other than S.F. Goldman. They have acquired one of the premier hitting first basemen, Marvin Angus, nicknamed “Bull”. Marvin was raised on a cattle ranch in south Texas. He got strong riding horses and roping cows. When he wasn’t ranching he was at the batting cages hitting. He is not the most accurate of hitters, but has developed an impeccable ability to hit to all fields. He works mostly on weightlifting; therefore, pacts a powerful homerun punch. He is also a decent fielder winning a local gold glove award at his high school, LBJHS in Laredo, Texas. His life is either Cows or Cages! Although he does have the last name Angus and works on a cattle ranch, his nickname actually comes from the look on his face: one of a Bull staring you down. He doesn’t have any time for dating; therefore, doesn’t have a girl friend, but does have an impressive report with the Coach and the Scouts. He uses a red bat and red glove with a red wristband on his throwing arm as will the rest of his teammates. He can’t wait for the match up with his boyhood rivals that play for the Louisville Thunder.

Bull Password Link

Biographical Data
Name: Marvin Angus
Nickname: Bull
Voice: BULL
Birth Date: 05/14/1987
Birthplace: Rio Bravo, Texas, USA
High School: Lyndon Baines Johnson High School (Wolves)
College: None
MLB Team: Oakland (Athletics)
Years Pro: 1
Favorite Catchphrase: “Let’s round ‘em up!” – In reference to playing the field and getting 3 outs.
Nickname Story: Although Marvin does have the last name Angus and works on a cattle ranch, his nickname actually comes from the look on his face: one of a “Bull” staring you down.

Positional Data
Number: #01
Primary Position: 1B
Secondary Position: 3B
Role: Starter, 1B
Batting Order: 3
DH Batting Order: 3
Bats: Switch, Open (S. Casey)

Statistical Data
HR: 36
RBI: 121
AVG: .311

Pitching Information
Control: 20 (G)
Stamina: 0 (G)
Pitching Abilities: Durability (4)

Hitting Information
Trajectory: 3
Power: 184 (A)
Hitting Abilities: Clutch Hit (5), Contact Hitter, Power Hitter, Spray Hitter, Hot Hitter, Tough Out, Gd B2B HTR, Firstball HTR, Table Setter
Good Strike Zone: Center Inside, Center Middle, Center Outside, Bottom Middle

Fielding Information
Run Speed: 10 (C)
Arm Strength: 11 (C)
Fielding: 5 (F)
Error Resistance: 7 (E)
Fielding Abilities: Throwing (4), Durability (4), Consistency (4), Stealing (4), Base Running (4), Gold Glover, Tough Runner

Other Information
Other Abilities: None

Last edited by SmilingFaces96 on Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 16 times in total.

Post subject: #02 Bengie Hanson - Zero - Original (#3) - SS
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:47 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

The Indianapolis Stallions have purchased yet, another superstar, but this superstar shows his skills on the field. Bengie Hanson is a gold glove shortstop worthy of his nickname Zero, for committing zero errors during his AA and AAA career. Watch out for him on the base paths as well because he can swipe a few with his well waxed cleats. Zero will most likely be batting in the 1st spot of the order as he is known for getting on base at will, although he could use some more practice controlling his bat. A good sinker will strike him out on most days. Bengie comes to us from the New England area, as he is a native of Vermont. Bengie's favorite hobby is kickin' back and playin' some Power Pros!

Zero Password Link

Biographical Data
Name: Bengie Hanson
Nickname: Zero
Voice: ZERO
Birth Date: 03/01/1988
Birthplace: Kansas City, Missouri, USA
High School: North Kansas City High School (Hornets)
MLB Team: Colorado (Rockies)
Years Pro: 0
Favorite Catchphrase: None
Nickname Story: Named so for committing zero errors during AA and AAA career.

Positional Data
Number: #02
Primary Position: SS
Role: Starter, SS
Batting Order: 1
DH Batting Order: 1
Bats: Left, Original (#3)

Statistical Data
HR: 19
RBI: 89
AVG: .347

Pitching Information
Control: 22 (G)
Stamina: 1 (G)
Pitching Abilities: None

Hitting Information
Trajectory: 2
Power: 132 (C)
Hitting Abilities: Contact Hitter, Power Hitter, Hot Hitter, Tough Out, Grt IF HTR, Firstball HTR, Table Setter, Rally Hitter
Good Strike Zone: Center Inside, Bottom Middle

Fielding Information
Run Speed: 15 (A)
Arm Strength: 15 (A)
Fielding: 15 (A)
Error Resistance: 15 (A)
Fielding Abilities: Throwing (4), Consistency (4), Gold Glover, Barehand CTH, Cannon Arm, Pivot Man

Other Information
Other Abilities: Aggressive RUN, Aggressive FLD

Last edited by SmilingFaces96 on Mon Aug 23, 2021 12:56 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Post subject: #03 Manuel Vargas - Vargas - Standard (A. Miles) - SS, 2B, 3
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:57 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

The Stallions have acquired Manuel Vargas, a veteran of the league for about 4 years. Manuel is originally from Mexico; therefore, the first foriegn born player to come to the Stallions. Manuel makes a great utility infielder playing SS, 2B, and 3B for late inning defensive moves. He also is a decent hitter, especially in situational events when a hitter against a lefty is required. Manuel did pursue Emma during his venture in the minors, but to no avail, saying “Man, there is something wrong with that chica!” Unlike his predecessor to signing to the team, “Zero”, Manuel was able to beat the Sharks in the one game playoff. With Manuel’s leadership coming off the bench, he will definitely be one of the Stallions play makers.

Vargas Password Link

Biographical Data
Name: Manuel
Nickname: Vargas
Voice: VARGAS
Birth Date: 07/16/1983
Birthplace: Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
High School: Hamilton School
College: Florida State University (Seminoles) - 1 Year
MLB Team: Milwaukee (Brewers)
Years Pro: 4
Favorite Catchphrase: "Man, ...!" - everything out of Vargas's mouth starts and ends that way.
Nickname Story: None

Positional Data
Number: #03
Primary Position: SS
Secondary Position: 2B, 3B
Role: Reserve, IF
Batting Order: N/A
DH Batting Order: N/A
Bats: Switch, Standard (A. Miles)

Statistical Data
HR: 6
RBI: 42
AVG: .291

Pitching Information
Control: 20 (G)
Stamina: 3 (G)

Hitting Information
Trajectory: 2
Power: 96 (E)
Hitting Abilities: VS Lefty (4), Contact Hitter, Hot Hitter, Gd B2B HTR
Good Strike Zone: Top Inside, Center Inside

Fielding Information
Run Speed: 10 (C)
Arm Strength: 13 (B)
Fielding: 9 (D)
Error Resistance: 11 (C)
Fielding Abilities: Pivot Man

Other Information
Other Abilities: Aggressive FLD

Last edited by SmilingFaces96 on Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:07 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Post subject: #04 Michael Dickson - Dickey - Crouch (#1) - RF, LF, 1B
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:03 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

In recent days, the Stallions have been working on acquiring another player with some experience as well as some thump. What he lacks in other skills, he definitely makes up at the plate with power. This player which is currently in his prime is no other than Michael “Dickey” Dickson. Michael known for his game winning homeruns was robbed last night by the Sharks in the bottom of the ninth, when Angel caught a two run dinger at the fence to keep the sharks ahead 4-3. Michael is part of the Lucy dater club as he was turned down at the altar due to not winning the big one. Michael plays a primary position of RF, but plays occasional left and sometimes gets to put some out at 1st base. Don’t let his fielding ability fool you, as he can go up the wall in the outfield to shag a few. Anyway, Dickey comes to us from Maine where he got his power from cutting down trees by hand during the summer for none other than Goldman Logging Company. Was this coincidence or another one of Goldman’s ruthless schemes?

Dickey Password Link

Biographical Data
Name: Michael Dickson
Nickname: Dickey
Voice: DICKEY
Birth Date: 08/20/1980
Birthplace: Somerville, Maine, USA
High School: Cony High School (Rams)
MLB Team: Colorado (Rockies)
Years Pro: 8
Nickname Story: First called so by his high school baseball team, “Dickey” is just a shortened form of his last name.

Positional Data
Number: #04
Primary Position: RF
Secondary Position: 1B, LF
Role: Starter, RF
Batting Order: 5
DH Batting Order: 5
Bats: Right, Crouch (#1)

Statistical Data
HR: 51
RBI: 114
AVG: .294

Pitching Information
Control: 25 (G)
Stamina: 2 (G)

Hitting Information
Trajectory: 4
Power: 240 (A)
Hitting Abilities: Clutch Hit (4), VS Lefty (5), Power Hitter, Push Hitter, Hot Hitter, Tough Out, Firstball HTR, Bases Clearer (Homers often when bases are loaded)
Good Strike Zone: Top Outside, Center Inside, Center Middle, Center Outside, Bottom Middle

Fielding Information
Run Speed: 7 (E)
Arm Strength: 12 (B)
Fielding: 7 (E)
Error Resistance: 8 (D)
Fielding Abilities: Throwing (4), Spider Catch, Cannon Arm, HD 1st Slide, Tough Runner

Other Information

Last edited by SmilingFaces96 on Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:05 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject: Re: WII - Indianapolis Stallions: Completed 5/13 Fld, 0/12 Pit
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:07 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Great....now I have to pick up the slack and start working on some of my superstars instead of simply filling the bulk of my team 1st. I'll get my pics cropped and upload w/in the next couple of days.

Just remember....doesn't matter how high Wolf's and Dickey's power is if I never pitch to them.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:41 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Phillies
Nice team! I'm definetly going to get Dickey and Zero ASAP and the other guys are great too. Go beat the crap out of your brothers scrubs!

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:57 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Cubs
Out of curiosity, how many (if any) Dr. Goodjob visits did you need for Wolf?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:20 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Nice players! I like the bios. They were well written. Are you still in the process of making your team?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:44 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

MrWelz, I didn't get any Dr. Goodjob visits. I have yet to see the Jekyll and Hyde doctor. For Wolf, I dated Lucy alot; I did lots of PI jobs (Surprise Bags -> Secrets of Hitting); I completed Frank and Sittch's arcs; and of course, I saved and reloaded until the weeeeeeeeeeeee hours of the morning. I bought a lot of waxes from the PI jobs to up my levels for speed and fielding. I had a glove at the end that was +7 fielding. He took me two evenings, about 8 hours. He was supposed to have Intimidator, but I screwed it up by not giving Lucy an early Christmas present.

lanceberkman, Thanks for the props. The bios actually come from owner anouncements that my brother-in-law (taengland on this forum) and I write to each other for introductions of our team members. They probably will get weaker as time goes by, since at 2 in the morning, it gets pretty hard to be too imaginative. To answer your question, yes I am in the process of making my team, and will continue to until it is complete. I will try and make 2 to 3 players a week, so with 20 to go that's about 7-10 weeks. I actually have my fielders already defined in an Excel spreadsheet and pretty much keep to that. The rest of them average power around 100-120 and the rest of the basic abilities from 7-9. They also have very few special abilities. I haven't made any pitchers yet, but I did experiment last night. I will update the title to the thread to include currently creating or paused and put the player I am working on in the main posting. Generally, though, I complete a player in one evening (~3-5 hours, depending on the need for s/l).

Post subject: Re: WII - Indianapolis Stallions: 5/13 Fld, 0/12 Pit - Paused
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:47 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Haha, it takes me 8 hours to make a below average player! :roll:

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

Post subject: Re: WII - Indianapolis Stallions: 5/13 Fld, 0/12 Pit - Paused
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:58 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Wait a minute, I know I saw Rnk (In Dickey's Password) in a different password - I think it was Zoll Man. Making progress on PW Hacking?

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

Post subject: #20 Frank Knight - Lancelot - R - 3-Quarters (#1) - Brkg Snk
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:17 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

As the Stallions owner took a summer vacation to England, he came across an interesting fellow by the name of Frank Knight. Wouldn’t you know it, his friends called him “Lancelot”? The Stallions owner overheard the conversation the boys were having as they told Lancelot, “Show him ‘The Rock’!” Now, you would have thought they would have been talking about jewelry, but no. Lancelot had the nastiest looking breaking sinker ball the Stallions owner had ever seen. Right then and there, Lancelot was signed to a minor league contract. During his 2 years in the minors, Lancelot has developed into quite the middle reliever, coming in as a setup man or being used as a long reliever for those unfortunate starts. Lancelot is known for his intimidating stance on the mound as he is about 6’ 7” and 250 lb of British stock. Lancelot would like to get back to Great Britain some day and take his bride Lucy with him, so he can show her his castle. He would also like to show her the pond where he used to skip rocks and learned how to throw “The Rock”!

Lancelot Password Link

Biographical Data
Name: Frank Knight
Nickname: Lancelot
Voice: LANCELOT
Birth Date: 3/6/1987
Birthplace: London, England, UK
High School: Acton High School
MLB Team: Arizona (Diamondbacks)
Years Pro: 1
Nickname Story: Named so because his last name is Knight and he is from Great Britain.

Positional Data
Number: #20
Primary Position: P
Role: Middle Reliever, Setup Man
Batting Order: N/A
DH Batting Order: N/A
Bats: Right, Standard (#1)
Throws: Right, 3-Quarters (#1)

Statistical Data
ERA: 0.65
HR: 1
RBI: 1
AVG: .045

Pitching Information
Top Speed: 95 mph
Control: 156 (B)
Stamina: 132 (B)
Pitches: 4SFB, SHU (3), ORIG (4), CHG (3), CB (3), SCB (2)
Original: Breaking Sinker - “The Rock”
Pitching Abilities: wRISP (4), VS LH Batter (4), Fastball Life (4), Release (4), Recovery (4), Gd Low Pitch, Groundball P, Dr. K, Gd Reflexes, Battler, Intimidator

Hitting Information
Trajectory: 1
Power: 10 (G)
Hitting Abilities: None
Good Strike Zone: None

Fielding Information
Run Speed: 6 (E)
Arm Strength: 7 (E)
Fielding: 4 (F)
Error Resistance: 7 (E)
Fielding Abilities: None

Other Information

Last edited by SmilingFaces96 on Mon Aug 23, 2021 1:12 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Post subject: Re: WII - Indy Stallions: 5/13 Fld, 1/12 Pit - Lancelot (P) 8/23
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:14 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
I like that one! :lol: