Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Backyard Kids: From Backyard to Big Leagues
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:51 pm 
The Backyard Sports Kids have reached a bump in their five sport careers. As they've grown up, they have realized that they cannot spend all their time playing sports in the backyard. If they still have the dream of becoming professional athletes, they would have to dedicate the rest of their life to it, as well as having to mix in school, jobs, and family. Most of them are now attending college, perusing their careers in sports. But there is a question that needs to be answered; Who will stay and who will go?

We tracked down most of the backyard gang to see what their decisions were going to be when perusing their sporting careers. We are planning interviewed two players a week by any form of communication we can find. The parents luckily gave us some Intel on the whereabouts. We were able to track down two players feedback on the situation. We will display their results later. Until next time.

Last edited by test99 on Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject: Re: The Backyard Kids: From Backyard to Big Leagues
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:54 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Looks nice. I'll be following.

Welcome to the forums, also.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:06 pm 
Thanks. I'm a little nervous about trying to keep up with the top.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:09 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
You'll do fine. Is this a Backyard Baseball log or a Power Pros log with Backyard Baseball characters?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:09 pm 
It is a Power Pros log with Backyard Baseball characters.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:20 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Astros
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
test99 wrote:

You'll be perfectly fine.

Vinnie the Gooch and Jack Merluzzi as the announcing duo? :lol:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:34 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
We know which is the more talented of that duo...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:35 pm 
lanceberkman wrote:
test99 wrote:

You'll be perfectly fine.

Vinnie the Gooch and Jack Merluzzi as the announcing duo? :lol:

HA!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:55 pm 
This week we were able to come in contact with two players: Ernie Steele and Dante Robinson. They were both seen playing for the San Francisco Dons baseball teams. These players have basically had the same type of playing style when they were kids.

Dante Robinson, standing at 5'10 and 192 pounds is still a ball of energy. He still has his big, bushy Afro, cap sitting on stop looking as though it could come off any second. Through the years, he has bettered his diet, not eating 3 pounds of food during the game. He is still the speedster, averaging 54 steals a year with the Dons. He has mixed in a little bit of pop as well over the years, amassing to a total of 29 homers in 3 years. When asked about playing professional baseball, he responded with "I will see what will happen with my career. I may want to open a restaurant in the later years (get it?) after I have scraped together enough money and baseball may be a way for me to get that money."

Ernie Steele, standing at a huge 6'5 and 213 pounds still knows how to make the jokes, but this was one of his problems as a kid. Many of the backyard kids said if he was 100% focused, he could play better than Pablo. I watched him hit batting practice before a game and he was on a tear! He was given about 11 pitches and he sent 8 over the fence, the other 3 just missing by a couple of feet. This lead me to believe that he was more focused than he was when he was 10. He is averaging 22 home runs and 88 RBI's in his 3 years. His coach told me that he became very strict with Ernie. He would sometimes bench him if he was not 100% focused. This was not to say that he didn't let him have fun, but he kept it at a minimum. Apparently, this helped him a lot. When asked about persuing a Major League career, he said, "I would love to have a major league career. I think that if I stay focused and not slack off, I could be drafted in the first 10 picks!"

This is all that we were able to record for the week. Next week, we head over to Oregon and Washington where our journey will continue. Until next time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 7:57 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
I'll follow this, looks good!

Welcome to the forum, as well!

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 9:28 pm 
For people that may ve wondering, I am not going to have the girls. I am going to include them after all of the boys have been done.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:20 pm 
This week we encountered rock n' roll slayer Achmed Khan and Kenny Kawaguchi.

We were first able to come in contact with Kenny. The first thing we noticed to out amazement is that he was out of his wheelchair. Through a miracle in medical science, he could now walk without the assistance of crutches, a cane, or even a medical implant. He told us that it was a "long procedure that took lots of courage, time, and will." Ever since he left the backyard at the age of 13, he had had to stop playing sports. Not only had it left him at a disadvantage, but accidents do happen and he not only could have been injured, but killed in his condition. Now that he has gotten his ability to walk, he resumed his fantastic pitching career as an Oregon Duck. He is currently a junior and has only started a handful of games, but in the few he played he has been fantastic. He has started 19 games posting a record of 13-4 with a 2.20 ERA and 184 K's. When asked about persuing a major league career he said, "I will see what I can do to make it happen. With my new ability to walk it will be a tough decision, but I am leaning toward shooting for the Majors."

Now we travel to Washington to meet up with Achmed Khan, a member of the Washington Pioneers. When we first spotted him, we noticed that he still had his headphones over his head, jamming out to rock. Classic. When he got to Washington college, he saw his overall performance drop. Coming out of high school in his senior year, he had amassed to 121 home runs and 466 RBI's in his four years. Now as a sophomore in college, he is batting .245 with 10 homers and 51 RBI's. His coach said that he probably wasn't trying as hard as he could. We honestly think that the success of the high school could be going to his head. When asked about perusing the majors, he said,"It's going to be a pretty hard choice. I still want to peruse my dream being a rock n' roll artist, but who really listens to rock now and days? I just hope for the best."

Next week, we travel to Arizona and Colorado to witness two players that may not be considering a career as an athlete.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 8:02 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
This is really interesting. I like it a lot! :D

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 7:22 pm 
I am sorry, but I have to make an announcement. With all of the school that I have so far, I will not be able to continue this project at a steady pace. My weekends are very full and I have to shut it down.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 8:38 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Don't Own
UGH I was just making Keisha Phillips, and this guy comes along and makes a backyard log and steals my idea, I had my story all planned out and this guy does the same thing. I am only half kidding, I was going to do this but it's fine.

PS it was a little akward dating patty for intimidator with Keisha