Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:07 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Las Vegas Longshots - Don't be on these guys (AOW Challange)
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:02 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
“Another one,” you ask? “Didn’t you just create one?” Yes, I had a challenge log that I had been playing. However, after losing eight straight, I started playing my Pioneers log to just try and win some games. After playing, and winning, a few games I accidently saved over my Legends log.
But I guess it’s not all bad. I mean do, George, Abe and Benjamin really deserved to be part of a 90+ loss effort? It makes more sense to use greybars. They are, after all, used to losing and futility since they have been part of rebuilding efforts for the last 12 years.

I did use the original challenge, building my roster with the best greybars, utilizing the best players from just four expansion teams. There are no trades allowed and I didn’t sign any FA’s. I did take advantage of creating players. Though the original log allowed the creation of two players, I created three, since I only used four expansion squads and didn’t expand my search further for better players.

Two of my players are position players, SS and CF, are good, not great, defenders and don’t offer up much in the way of offensive skill. The third player is a SP, with skills that you can find in a greybar, D control, level 3 breaking pitches, but with B stamina. Since I created a pitcher with B stamina, I wasn’t allowed to draft any greybars with B stamina, so he’s my only one.
I took over for the A’s and will be playing in McAffee Coliseum in the AL west.

Post subject: Re: Las Vegas Longshots - Don't be on these guys (AOW Challa
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 5:05 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

2008 Opening day rosters
* = Success player

Lineup
CF: *Jose Estefan (18/L-L/2/E7/E87/C11/D9/D8/D8) Durability, GD Morale
2B: Febles (20/L-R/2/D9/E95/E6/D8/C10/E6)
1B: Beck (22/R-R/2/F4/C127/F4/E6/F5/F5)
DH/3B: Kester (24/S-R/3/E7/C133/E6/E7/F5/D9
3B: File (23/R-R/2/E6/C137/F4/D8/F5/D8)
C: Gregorio (22/R-R/1/D8/D100/E7/C10/C10/E7) Sparkplug
LF: Cesar (19/S-L/2/E6/D108/E7/E6/D8/E6)
SS: *Jack Linden (18/R-R/2/E7/E91/D9/C10/D8/D8) Gold Glover, Clutch Hit (4)
RF: Bowie (19/S-L/2/F5/D109/D8/E7/F5/E7) HD 1st slide

Reserves
2B: Finegan (25/L-R/2/E6/F77/E6/F4/D8/E6) Clutch hit (1)
SS: Schoening (22/R-R/1/F4/F70/E6/E6/D8/F4)
RF: Telemaco (24/L-L/2/E6/E95/D8/E7/E6/E7) Spider catch, HD 1st slide
C: Umbria (20/S-R/1/E7/F69/E6/D9/D9/D9)

Rotation
SP1: *Del Grove (19/L/94/D128/B130/DCB3/SLD3/CHG3) Durability, Consistency, W/RISP, VS. LH Batter
SP2: Barker (25/R/92/D122/C104/PLM3/CUT2/CB1)
SP3: Lunsford (25/R/91/E111/C109/FRK3/SLD2/CUT1)
SP4: Wu (25/R/93/D120/C109/SLD3/FRK2)
SP5: Neagle (24/L/92/E117/C80/SLD3/FRK3)

Bullpen
LR: Snare (23/L/88/F101/C94/CB3/SLD2)
MR: Brownlie (20/R/95/E111/C86/CB3/2SF1/SLD1) Walk
MR: Porter (18/R/89/D129/C97/CB3/FRK2/SLD1)
MR: Roney (21/R/93/E112/C87/CUT3/SLD1/CB1)
MR: Merrill (22/R/95/E115/C82/FRK3/PLM3/CB1)
SET: Parker (27/R/92/E117/C97/CB3/FRK2) Unlucky
CL: Lambin (24/R/90/D122/C96/KN3/SLD2/CB1)

AAA
Position Players
1B: Clippard (25/L-L/3/F4/D105/F4/G3/F4/E7)
2B: Palmer (21/L-R/1/F4/F75/F4/E6/D9/F5) Bunt Master
3B: Neuberger (26/S-R/3/F4/E86/F4/E6/F5/F5)
RF: Watkins (25/R-L/2/F4/F77/F5/F5/F5/F5) Error Prone
C: Clontz (19/S-R/1/E7/F82/G3/D9/D8/E6)

Pitchers
P: Boyd (25/R/92/D124/C104/CB2/SLD2)
P: Bittner (24/R/89/D134/C94/CB3/SLD3/CUT3)
P: Martel (20/L/88/E112/C94/CB3/SLD3) Fat Pitch
P: Cosme (20/R/91/E118/C99/FRK3/SNK2/SLD1)
P: DeVore (R/88/D123/C98/CB2/CUT2/SLD1)
P: Caicedo (18/R/93/F101/C91/CB2/FRK1)

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:56 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Boston Red Sox (Lester 0-0)Las Vegas Longshots (Grove 0-0) DATE

Las Vegas – After sweeping Boston in Japan to open the season, the Longshots dropped their home opener to Boston 4-3 last night at the coliseum. The loss wasted a good start by Grove, who gave up just two earned over six, and wasted several chances to score early, getting a runner to third twice in the first five innings and failing to score.
The Red Sox, however, would not miss in the sixth. With runners on first and third and one out, Ortiz lofted a fly ball to left, allowing Lugo to score from third. Mike Lowell would drive in Youkilis two batters later with an RBI single. Porter, on in relief of Grove, allowed a solo homerun to Varitek in the seventh, giving Boston a 3-0 lead.
Las Vegas would get within one in the home seventh getting four straight, two out hits with Bowie, who lined a bullet off the right field wall just missing a three-run homerun, and Estefan delivering RBI singles. But Boston was able to regain a two-run advantage in the eight. With Cora pinch running for Ortiz and Lowell on first, Drew lifted a flare down the right field line, into no-man’s-land, allowing Cora to score from second.
Beck got the Longshots back to within one. Leading off the home eight Beck crushed a mistake pitch off a tiring Lester, launching a homerun deep to left. Las Vegas tried to comeback and tie the game in the bottom of the ninth. Linden doubled with one out, but Bowie and Estefan each grounded out to end the game.
Vega and Boston will wrap up their series tomorrow before getting an off day and hosting Cleveland for three. From there, Vegas will start an eight game road trip.

Box Score
BOS:4
LVL:3
WP: Lester (1-0)
LP: Grove (0-1)
S: Tavarez (1)

HR: Varitek (2); Beck (3)

BOS- Lowell 2-4, RBI; Drew 1-4, 2B, RBI
LVL-Beck 2-4, 2B, HR, RBI, R; Estafan 3-5, RBI

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2020 9:21 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Las Vegas Longshots (Barker 1-0)@ Toronto Blue Jays (Burnett 0-0) 4/8

Toronto – The Long shots dropped the opening game of three game series against the Blue Jays last night at Rogers Center. Vernon Wells owned the night for Toronto, going an incredible 4-4 and driving home three, leading the Jays to the win.
Vegas would get on the board in the first when Kester, who’s off to a great start, delivered a two out single scoring Febles from third.
Toronto struck for a bunch in the third. Overbay, Zaun and Eckstein opened the inning with three straight singles. Aaron Hill and Alex Rios both grounded into fielders’ choices, allowing Overbay and Zaun to score. Vernon Wells added his first RBI of the night, with two outs, to cap the inning for the Jays.

Vegas leveled the score in the fifth. Estefan singled, stole second and advanced to third when, inexplicably, second baseman Aaron Hill tried to throw Estefan out at third on a Beck groundball. Estefan scored a batter later on a Kester single. The Longshots would take a brief lead the next inning. With the bases loaded and AJ Burnett’s night complete, Bowie laid down a perfect suicide squeeze bunt to score Gregorio from third.

Barker exited the game to begin the sixth and was replaced by Bittner. Vernon Wells would single to open the inning and would later steal second and score on a Scott Rolen RBI double, giving Toronto a one run lead. Overbay and Zaun would open the Toronto seventh with consecutive singles before Eckstien grounded out, moving Overbay and Zaun to third and second respctivly. Aaron hill smashed a Bittner offering down the first base line, which looked like a sure-fire double, but Beck made an incredible diving stop and tagged first for the second out. Parker came in with two out and a chance to end the inning, but Wells delivered a two RBI double, essentially sealing the game for Toronto.

The Longshots went quietly in the eighth and nineth, and BJ Ryan collected his second save of the year.

Box Score
LVL:4
TOR:7

WP: Janssen (1-0)
LP: Bittner (0-1)
S: Ryan (2)

LVL- Kester 1-5 3RBI; Linden 3-4
TOR- Wells 4-4, 3RBI, R; Overbay 2-4, 2R

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2020 10:39 am 
Intimidator
Intimidator

i see you got a really nice graybar catcher, other than that I usually do the same and add a success player or two to keep things a little more interesting

My list of success players

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:43 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Las Vegas Longshots (Cosme 0-0)@ Chicago White Sox (Linebrink 0-0) 4/14
Chicago – Another game another loss for the longshots last night, as they dropped their fourth straight and fifth in their last six, to the White Sox last night. Making the loss worse was scoring just one run off of a trio of Sox relivers – Linebrink, Thornton, Jenks- and failing to make solid contact throughout the night and mustering just six hits.
The one bright spot last night was Cosme, who was called up from AA to make a spot start for Wu, who was sent down earlier in the day (Purple condition). Despite giving up three runs over five and a third, Cosme pitched well. Cosme worked out of trouble in the third with runners on the corners and one out. He got Swisher to pop out softly to second before getting Cabrera to ground out to second to end the inning.
The Longshots inexperience led to a Chicago run in the fifth. Crede popped a shallow fly down the right field line. Febles, at second, would have had the best chance at making the play, but never perused the ball. By the time Bowie made it in from right, Crede found himself on second with a double. Uribe would drive him in with an RBI single.
Las Vegas’s only run came in the top of the sixth as Febles hit a solo homerun off a tiring Linebrink. The tie was short lived. Thome doubled off the centerfield wall to open the sixth before Dye blasted a two-run homerun. Dye would add an RBI single in the eight, setup by more bad defense, to give the sox the 4-1 lead.
Jenks came into pitch the ninth and, after surrendering a base hit to Febles, closed the door for the save.

Box Score
LVL:1
CHW:4

WP: Thornton (1-0)
LP: Cosme (0-1)
S: Jenks (2)

HR: Dye (2); Febles (1)

LVL- Febles 3-4, HR, R, RBI; Gregorio 2-3
CWS- Linebrink 5.1IP, 5H, 3K, 1ER; Dye 2-4, HR, 3RBI, R

PostPosted: Wed Apr 29, 2020 8:44 pm 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

jag123jg wrote:
i see you got a really nice graybar catcher, other than that I usually do the same and add a success player or two to keep things a little more interesting

Wish I could trade a nice greybar catcher for a decent OF.