Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
Eric Davis 44 wrote:
shuuto12 wrote:
I'm guessing the more commands you can do per week the more practice points you can gain, and the better players you'll have when you clear success mode?

Yep. The earlier you build up your Energy meter (and eat Carryover Chocolates) the more commands you will have overall, and more commands = more of everything.

And some good activities for raising energy are picking up trash(in the park when no one is there), Buying a CD(If your character says "It's cool!" you get a large energy and mentality boost), going on dates, etc...

Post subject: Re: Carrryover Points/Commands Meter Explained
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:37 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Mariners
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
shuuto12 wrote:
Eric Davis 44 wrote:
shuuto12 wrote:
I'm guessing the more commands you can do per week the more practice points you can gain, and the better players you'll have when you clear success mode?

Yep. The earlier you build up your Energy meter (and eat Carryover Chocolates) the more commands you will have overall, and more commands = more of everything.

And some good activities for raising energy are picking up trash(in the park when no one is there), Buying a CD(If your character says "It's cool!" you get a large energy and mentality boost), going on dates, etc...

Exactly. Free Time events give you energy, so while the urge is to practice, you can literally go through the entire Year 1 season and off-season without practicing once and have no problems getting yourself ready to be named a starter for Game 1, Year 2.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:19 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
I am still kinda stuck with carryover points, I know doing free time events are important but should I start doing it right after I play in the first playable game? Or at a random time?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:07 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Mariners
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Commands are the currency of Success Mode. The faster you fill up your energy bar, the more commands you get. More commands = better player. So your strategy at the start (FT vs. practice) depends on how good you want your player to be at the end.

If you are making a S/L monster, or just want the 2nd half of Success Mode to be a cakewalk, do FT events only, right from the start until you absolutely have to practice. Fill that energy meter as quickly as possible. If you are making a realistic player, practice whenever coach/scout points are available so you can punt the games (bunt every AB) to avoid unwanted abilities (vs Lefty 4, Gd Low Pitch, hot zones, etc).

Either way, there is no point in practicing at the very beginning of success mode. There are no coach/scout available and you burn vitality, which sends you to the hot dog stand sooner than you might want. Use those first couple of weeks to build a bit of energy (Street, Vicinage, Mountains, Park) make some money (Restaurant), or simply advance the schedule to Wk 4 so you have 3 commands for practice.