Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 6:58 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 37  Next
 Post subject: Re: The "FIX-IT" list for MLB PP 2009
PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:34 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Braves
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Alloutwar wrote:
Here's my $0.02 of things to correct/fix/add:

1) password compatibility - from 08 forward, and from system to system would be nice (but not as important)
2) How about adding heigh/weight/bodies to players? Being able to configure a head only isn't faire for the 6'8" kyle snyder, the largeness of David Wells and Prince Fielder. Just a few simple height/weight or a slider like the Mii design has would do it.
3) Improve trade AI in season mode. Holy heck, batman. I can easily game this AI, and what's worse is that trades don't make sense; the AI gets people it doesn't need, and parts with those it has no replacement for.
4) deeper rosters - just top 10 prospects works. Any AAA'ers with MLB experience (Bobby Kielty, Trot Nixon, etc) and the top AA/AAA talent that could be called up.
5) Bugs in the scripting - success mode things don't make sense or text is translated incorrectly in some minor situations. Just a few run-thrus by any English speaking person would fix this.
6) Ratings - especially things like Stamina. why do so many pitchers - so many STARTERS - have 40 stamina? This leads to teams just being behind the 8-ball from the start - one injury and their whole season is blown. IRL, lots of pitchers can be stretched into starters over spring training if they have the ability; stamina needs to be handled more dynamically. Maybe some inverse relationship between role (starter vs reliever) and pitch intensity (a 99mpg reliever might dial it back to 93-94 for long-term starts).
7) multiple save slots for success. Also, for crying out loud, why does the default screen pop up with 'Delete current player' when you enter Success mode? How many times do we all hit yes, and then SCREAM and hit back immediately after?!
8) Drafted/fictional players - use their entire name database, assign first names, make them more real. I don't want Clippard and Hubbard as my draftees every year. Randomize appearances and facial hair, etc a bit more would be cool.
9) FIELDER CONTROL!! I completely don't get how after any testing, after a whole VERSION, this issue exists. A slow roller goes to the right of first; I move the stick left, making my second baseman dive. My 1B rushes to the bag, and watches the ball roll 3 feet from him without moving towards it. I have no way to take control of him. similar issues with fielders rushing to cover unimportant bases (covering 3rd when bases are empty), and outfielders stopping 3 feet short of catching a shallow fly, while you end up sending your infielders down, down, down towards catcher. Put in better fielding AI, the 'areas of control' that other games use, or a manual button to toggle to the closest fielder.

Those are my top 9. I won't buy a new version without 9 and/or 1. I won't buy anything more if this, like so many other games, turns into the same thing over and over with new rosters and marginal corrections.

Cmon MLBPP, Make us proud.

your first point is great...................it think there should be console converesation. I hate not being able play the posse that darkshade has on his picture because I have to spend 10 extra for the same game.

2-ht/wt i doubt that would happen

3- I agree the AL makes a lot of silly trades
4 deeper rosters so very true

7 i do agree a lot

8 is true, in america there are hundreds of names and races with names to fit them. Like johnson and johanson, smith and jackson, green etc.

9 I hate getting beat becuz of a hot liner gets past my 1B, or a my 1B quits on a fly ball and my out fielder can't get to it because I'm in control of the of

I see your points

http://www.mlbppworld.com/wiki/index.php?title=Columbia_Dragons

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:36 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

jacobye46 wrote:
And they should have either a create a stadium feature, or they need more stadium for instance the old ones like Olympic Stadium(Expos)

amen man............i know it's a madden move but I agree

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:31 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
I may be about the only one, it seems, that think password compatibility is a horrible idea. Why would we even want to play success mode (especially if it's harder) in 09' if we could just go back to 08' and make great characters very easily. Also nobody could prove what game they made their characters on.

I like the challenge of learning the new success modes. There would be no point to learn the new games unless they just gradually kept getting easier every year. Which, of course, I don't want that to happen either.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:33 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Phillies
but we definitely want password compatability between systems, right?

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 2:38 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Cubs
Yeah. Definitely don't see a problem with that. Unless they have gameshark codes for PS2. Then I wouldn't want them to be compatible. That would just ruin the game I love.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2009 3:29 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

MrWelz wrote:
I may be about the only one, it seems, that think password compatibility is a horrible idea. Why would we even want to play success mode (especially if it's harder) in 09' if we could just go back to 08' and make great characters very easily. Also nobody could prove what game they made their characters on.

I like the challenge of learning the new success modes. There would be no point to learn the new games unless they just gradually kept getting easier every year. Which, of course, I don't want that to happen either.

Easy you still get the challenge and with five success modes it will take longer to get tired of them. Password Compability should be for everyone so you don't have to re-make your team, plus it would make re-creating your arrange teams much quicker. Also there is no guarantee that the game will be harder or easier, because difficulty is based on the person.

I understand YOU may not like the idea, But I don't know how you use power pros. Like me I only play out of success mode for points to get home grounds for my created teams. Others are trying to get teams like the cubs to win the world series. Example darkshade made the 07 posse then 08 came now he needs help to re-create that team in a way he shouldn't do that. Also the JPP 2009 for the PSP has importing from 15 and portable 3 so it's possiable it could come here.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:58 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
While we're on a dream list - why the heck do we have E RES? Doesn't Fielding do it enough? If a guy has G fielding and A E Res, does he make fewer errors, and just have no range? Doesn't make sense. you don't have Power, then 'Homerun Rate' as a seperate ability. Redundant, useless.

Here's a rating we need; batting eye. Right now, there's no difference between the free swingers and the patient on-base, work-the-count types. Actually, not true, there is - the tough out vs. free swinger abilities. But this can't just be an on or off; some guys (Bonds, youkilis, etc) would have an A+ eye, and others that are easily fooled or not so effective, have a poor eye.

Maybe this is a combination of Contact and the special abilities, but in most baseball games its a rating like any other.

Also this is less imoprtant for the player-controlled teams, more of a factor when simming or for AI teams. Still, something that is a bit overlooked/simplified at this point.

And of course, more walks and hit batsmen. Not a ton more - slightly better this year than last - but still too rare. Meanwhile, unless I have F control, I can throw strikes 99% of the time still.

Expansion Mode Challenge!
2008 Real-Life players from Success Mode - Please assist if you have the time!!
Older/dead logs:
Let the Fielders pitch! New log
MLB Life Mode log - OF Ryan Evert, Athletics
Honolulu Heroes Season Log - real-life players join a scrub team! Find out how they do in the AL West!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:04 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Alloutwar wrote:
1. While we're on a dream list - why the heck do we have E RES? Doesn't Fielding do it enough? If a guy has G fielding and A E Res, does he make fewer errors, and just have no range? Doesn't make sense.

2. Here's a rating we need; batting eye. Right now, there's no difference between the free swingers and the patient on-base, work-the-count types. Actually, not true, there is - the tough out vs. free swinger abilities. But this can't just be an on or off; some guys (Bonds, youkilis, etc) would have an A+ eye, and others that are easily fooled or not so effective, have a poor eye. Maybe this is a combination of Contact and the special abilities, but in most baseball games its a rating like any other. Also this is less imoprtant for the player-controlled teams, more of a factor when simming or for AI teams. Still, something that is a bit overlooked/simplified at this point.

3. And of course, more walks and hit batsmen. Not a ton more - slightly better this year than last - but still too rare. Meanwhile, unless I have F control, I can throw strikes 99% of the time still.

1. seems to make sense to me. I know some guys who have no range but can at least catch the ball anyway. I think that the only problem with E RES is that's just one crappy name. :)
2. This is covered in '08 by Good Eye ability, but it's not a ranking of 1-15, just you have it or not. I think that Gd Eye is fine for now.
3. Even with 0 control I can still put it in the strike zone easily.

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:14 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
2. I can see your point. From other baseball sims, I'm used to their being more range, in eye and health (durability). Durability should be a further range (Mike Hampton, Nomar Garciaparra, and most guys in their mid 40s = 1s, and Miguel Tejada, Cal Ripkens are 5s). I think eye should be the same, at least.

3.Yah, me too. Thats the problem. If you have someone with no control, or in very bad form, that means you should give up a walk or two, depending on control. I don't think I've given up a single walk in MLBPP yet...at all. Ever. I could see that for your Halladays and such, but the average 5th starter might put some guys on.

Expansion Mode Challenge!
2008 Real-Life players from Success Mode - Please assist if you have the time!!
Older/dead logs:
Let the Fielders pitch! New log
MLB Life Mode log - OF Ryan Evert, Athletics
Honolulu Heroes Season Log - real-life players join a scrub team! Find out how they do in the AL West!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:19 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I would suggest eye being a 5-scale ability, and at level 5, say, it would actually show the strike zone and you could tell whether it was a strike or not. At level 1, perhaps the pitch could gain speed and movement?

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:32 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Giants
Favorite Japanese title: (DS) Nettou! Powerful Koushien
ARGH!!!!!!!!!!
They responded, and this is what they "wrote"
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Feedback from our players is very important to us in continuing to provide a positive gaming experience, so we will forward your feedback to the appropriate team.

STUPID AUTOMATED RESPONSES!
AND IF IT ISN'T AN AUTOMATED RESPONSE, THEN THAT'S JUST WORSE!
I'm trying again.

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:47 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

hey, at least they are "forwarding this feedback to the appropriate team"... wait a second... something's fishy...

stevenjackson39 wrote:

lol

My Success Mode Players
Who (1B)
Terminator (CL)
ZackAttack (3B)
Panda (LF)
Newt (2B)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:06 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Longball714 wrote:
hey, at least they are "forwarding this feedback to the appropriate team"... wait a second... something's fishy...

stevenjackson39 wrote:

lol

NO! how could they do that! :lol:

Mike
He's a real player that DrMario made for me.

This is my friend's forum from school.
http://jplaz.com/ I'm catcher51 there, too.

R.I.P. Harry Kalas 1936-2009 "It's outta here!"
R.I.P Jim Johnson 1941-2009 Blitz (need i say more?)

"I'm a dishonest man, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you have to watch out for. Because you never know when they're going to do something stupid."
Jack Sparrow
. Pirates of the Caribbean and the Curse of the Black Pearl.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 7:09 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

ALL OUT I agree........but this can be expanded further how can a guy with all F's get golden glove and power hitter or star. This can go on forever.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:36 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Don't Own
FIELDER CONTROL - Not to beat a dead horse but man does it ever suck! I lost a perfect game yesterday in the 7th because my stupid first baseman was glued to the bag while a soft roller dribbled 3 feet beside him into right field. The batter ended up with a double by the time Cano ran all the way over to get the ball.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 549 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33 ... 37  Next