Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:05 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for discussion of anything EXCEPT MLB Power Pros, if your post does not belong here it will be moved. Thank you.
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11
 Post subject: Re: Short Stories
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 2:50 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
whoa dude this is,,,really good! Looking forward to more!

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:45 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
AgentP wrote:
whoa dude this is,,,really good! Looking forward to more!

Thank you :}

[Part 3]

If my first foray into time travelling had been unpleasant, the second was nothing short of excruciating. The sickening feeling of being turned inside out was replaced by a pain unlike anything I had ever experienced. Paradoxically, I seemed to hurt over my entire body without actually being able to experience the pain in any one part of me. Again my vision went dark, but were I capable I certainly would have closed my eyes anyway. After an intangible amount of time had passed, I unfurled and my shape returned to normal. I was on all fours, wheezing, my eyes tightly shut. Every part of me ached.

"Don't worry. You'll get used to it," came Jennifer's voice, the barest hint of a wince noticeable.

I opened my eyes and was assaulted by bright fluorescent lights reflecting off a white tiled floor. The ground was cold to the touch, but my eyes burned in the light. I squinted and brought myself up to my knees.

"Here." Jennifer offered her hand. I took it, and she helped me too my feet. As my eyes adjusted to the light, I was able to get my first look around. We were alone in a large room tiled from wall to wall. A metal double door on the wall opposite us sat beneath a sign which signified we were in "Transport Room A." Directly behind us was one of four cylinder shaped glass rooms, its doors open. There multicolored were wires connecting its metal top to the ceiling. I supposed that it was what we had just been "transported" in. "Follow me," Jennifer commanded.

"What happens now?" was all I could think to ask.

"We figure out what to do with you."

I don't like the sound of that.

I followed Jennifer, about two steps back, through a narrow corridor. I took note of all the doors, each of which was labeled. Control Room. Lab A. Lab B. Break Room. None of it was very telling. A couple people in lab coats gave us strange looks as they passed. I felt out of place.

"Where are we?" I finally managed to ask.

"We," said Jennifer, stopping at a door marked "Support" to enter some sort of a code. She looked over her shoulder at me and covered the number pad with her other hand before continuing, "are at the headquarters of the TPA." Before I had time to ask what that was, she put her hand on the door handle and continued talking. "Now stay close, and don't say anything. Got it?" I nodded. "Good," she remarked, and opened the door.

"Brian," Jennifer said as we walked in. "I'd like you to meet Jason."

A bearded man sitting in front a multitude of holographic screens and wearing an earpiece turned to face us. He wasn't alone in the room -- many others sat at similar set-ups and appeared to be hard at work.

"So you're our latest adventurer?" Brian asked me, his voice dripping with sarcasm. "Come to get in on the action?"

Jennifer came to my defense. "Come on Brian, you can't blame people for being curious."

"No," admitted Brian, "but I can blame them for being meddlesome pricks. How'd you let this happen, anyway?"

"I just showed up, and he had a device. One of the wearable ones."

"That's weird. That's a new model. You have one of only a few in existence. Hey, you," Brian said to me. "Let me see it."

Feeling like resistance was no longer an option -- or perhaps just too worn out to disobey -- I complied. Brian took a quick glance at it and looked up at Jennifer. "What's the ID number on yours?" he asked her. She looked at the side of her watch.

"I0345," she answered.

Brian nodded. "That's what I thought," he declared. "These are identical."

Jennifer seemed shocked. "How is that possible? Is it a forgery?"

"No, it's the real deal. Your 'date' here clearly got yours from you, then used it to travel back in time to before he did so, taking this one with him, effectively creating a duplicate."

Jennifer took a step back and brought her hand to her forehead. "Has that ever happened before?"

Brian shrugged. "If it has, nobody told me. But we always supposed it was possible."

"Uh, excuse me," I interjected. The two of them looked at me strangely; it seemed as though they had momentarily forgotten I was there. "What is going to happen to me?"

They looked at each other as if to say, "Should you tell him, or should I?" Eventually, Brian spoke up.

"It's a code three," he stated.

"What's that mean?"

When a civilian comes into possession of a DTD-" he paused, realizing he'd lost me. "That's a Dimensional Transposition Device to the layman," he explained, gesturing to me at the use of the word layman, "there are three ways to handle it, in order of decreasing desirability. Code one, is Retrieval. This is when the civilian has not realized what it is, or what it can do. The agent in question must then simply have it returned, or steal it back if necessary. The second, code two, is Lethal Force. This is when the civilian has realized what the device is and must be eliminated so as to not compromise the agency. This is usually the last resort. Code three is exceedingly rare. I'm talking like, two or three times in the history of the agency. It occurs only when a civilian has acquired the device, is fully capable of using it, and is able to use it to avoid being killed. Such as yourself."

Brian stopped talking."So what's code three?" I reiterated. Brian looked at each of us for a moment before answering.

"Initiation."

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:35 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Angels
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
This is more of a short kind of journal thing. :[
Can't stop thinking...

I guess it's a blessing and a curse. I'd you stop thinking, you are probably dead. The curse is what our mind thinks of.

Sadie Parks.

It's the start of every year or so huh. I've been able to mostly keep myself from not thinking about it, but I can't.

Can't stop thinking and I always, almost always blame myself.

*(censored)* long bus rides.

Cleveland Browns : The Race For Last Place
2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:45 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Angels
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
"You want to," said a friend offering me to vape.

I quickly shook my head to no and argued I had a physics test.

He then took another blow on it.

How something so small can pleasure someone.

Atleast it is something else to think about.

Cleveland Browns : The Race For Last Place
2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2017 5:05 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Here is part four of Deja Vu, as it has come to be titled, conveniently located at my own personal subreddit and completed at 4 AM.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:41 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Part 5 of Deja Vu. :)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 4:22 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
JP, good work as usual :) I'm really enjoying this one so far, it's cool to see you've stuck with it and taken it further!!

I've recently started a new project, which I'll be posting chapters of over on AO3 (which is technically mostly for fanfiction but my partner told me it was okay to post original work there so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ ). I don't want to give away too much but the main plotline revolves around two boys navigating their freshman year of high school while also trying to navigate their feelings for each other. There's also a lot of hockey involved.

Anyways, chapter one is up as of a few minutes ago! You can check it out here! I'd appreciate any feedback if you do read it, and I should hopefully have the next chapter done fairly soon !! Thanks y'all!

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:46 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Finally came back around to Deja Vu. Link.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2018 9:14 am 
Designated Poster
Designated Poster

Favorite Team: Yankees
https://authorscott24.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

Since I started writing a few years ago, I had the idea to write about my grandfather's service during the Second World War. Unfortunately he passed away before I was born and the stories I have heard have all come second hand from my grandmother, which is good and problematic all at the same time. Good because I have a conduit into my grandfathers service and bad because he rarely spoke of his time overseas.

The one story I continually heard was how he made it through the Battle of The Bulge. I did some of my own research on my grandfathers outfit (3rd Army, 26th Infantry "Yankee Division") and combined that with the stories my grandmother told and wrote up a small short story of that place and time. While the events of that time are mostly accurate, I had to improvise most of the dialogue since my grandfather wasn't around to tell me exactly what was said (My grandfather's name is accurate).

This story takes place in the winter of 1944, The Ardennes forest in Belgium.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 159 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11