Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for discussion of anything EXCEPT MLB Power Pros, if your post does not belong here it will be moved. Thank you.
-->

Post subject: This stinks
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:19 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
So i have to have the wii repaired and they will send us a new one (different) back. So i buy a "SunDisk" SD and the files for PP won't transfer :!: :!: :!: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: ! So i had to take about thirty pics with our new camera on our crappy basement TV for all my 07 success players and my 08 life guy! I had the flash on and turned it off for one success guy and my life guy, which made it worse. I hope i can read the PWs, because the wii is getting shipped off tonight and i ahve a football game wher i ahve to be at school at 5:30! Uh!

Mike
He's a real player that DrMario made for me.

This is my friend's forum from school.
http://jplaz.com/ I'm catcher51 there, too.

R.I.P. Harry Kalas 1936-2009 "It's outta here!"
R.I.P Jim Johnson 1941-2009 Blitz (need i say more?)

"I'm a dishonest man, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you have to watch out for. Because you never know when they're going to do something stupid."
Jack Sparrow
. Pirates of the Caribbean and the Curse of the Black Pearl.

Post subject: Re: This stinks
PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:44 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Reds
Who is repairing your Wii?

If it is Nintendo, my understanding is that they are supposed to transfer your hardrive saved information to the new one, so that you don't lose anything. This was a big deal because people who buy the classic games would lose them if Nintendo wasn't transferring them.

All my success mode players that I created can be found here.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:03 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Pirates
Console '08: Wii and DS
Let's hope for it!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 6:26 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: White Sox
good luck!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:46 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

SmilingFaces96 wrote:

If it is Nintendo, my understanding is that they are supposed to transfer your hardrive saved information to the new one, so that you don't lose anything. This was a big deal because people who buy the classic games would lose them if Nintendo wasn't transferring them.

Thanks guys, but my mom talked to a person from nintendo, and she said he said that they would not transfer, and that we needed to buy an SD card. I guess since they game is konami/2k it doesn't transfer. I can't wait to spend all that time entering PWs. I've never entered PWs before, so abotu how long does it take when you are starting out. Uhhhh...

Mike

"I'm a dishonest man, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you have to watch out for. Because you never know when they're going to do something stupid."
Jack Sparrow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:00 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

catcher51 wrote:
SmilingFaces96 wrote:

Thanks guys, but my mom talked to a person from nintendo, and she said he said that they would not transfer, and that we needed to buy an SD card. I guess since they game is konami/2k it doesn't transfer. I can't wait to spend all that time entering PWs. I've never entered PWs before, so abotu how long does it take when you are starting out. Uhhhh...

Just for clarification, did he say that the 2K information wouldn't transfer or that he would not try to transfer the information the 2K information.

Would he transfer all the internal information specifically around your Mii's? Any game that references them won't be able to pick them up.

By the way, what was the failure mode of your Wii? Also, is Nintendo replacing it or did she get an extended warranty with like Circuit City and they are going to send you a new one.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:32 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

SmilingFaces96 wrote:
catcher51 wrote:
SmilingFaces96 wrote:

Just for clarification, did he say that the 2K information wouldn't transfer or that he would not try to transfer the information the 2K information.

Would he transfer all the internal information specifically around your Mii's? Any game that references them won't be able to pick them up.

By the way, what was the failure mode of your Wii? Also, is Nintendo replacing it or did she get an extended warranty with like Circuit City and they are going to send you a new one.

Oh no, he just said that "Certain" info wouldn't transfer, I'm assuming it was because it was a 2k game. they same happened with the mario and sonic olympic game (sega) . It didn't transfer. the warranty is from nintendo, it was from the extended one you get from registering it online. nnintendo is giving a "new" one. He siaud to jsut store the miis on the remote. i really only play PP, so it won't be that big a deal. A "new" wii will be sent. I would assume it is a refurbished one, buit i'm not positive.

Mike

Jack Sparrow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 6:31 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
I never had experience with Nintendo's Tech Support, but they sound like good people or are willing to help you out. I've done some PS2 work Sony and they are so helpful. They got me a brand new one back around 4-6 months ago.

The Laser in my PS2's drive had a failure, the Laser head where it's stored got jammed. So the end result I wrapped it up and sent it and in, and the next week. A new one came wrapped up in plastic wrap to state it was a fresh one, not just a "rebuilt" one.

If it weren't for them, I dunno if I'd be playing PowerPros right now, or this year for that matter.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:12 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

ElvenAmerican wrote:
I never had experience with Nintendo's Tech Support, but they sound like good people or are willing to help you out. I've done some PS2 work Sony and they are so helpful. They got me a brand new one back around 4-6 months ago.

The Laser in my PS2's drive had a failure, the Laser head where it's stored got jammed. So the end result I wrapped it up and sent it and in, and the next week. A new one came wrapped up in plastic wrap to state it was a fresh one, not just a "rebuilt" one.

If it weren't for them, I dunno if I'd be playing PowerPros right now, or this year for that matter.

I didn't talk, my mom did, but they sounded nice according to her. Also, my wii had been standing upright, and i kept getting that "an error has occured message" (wii users should know what i am talking about) but it hadn't happned lying sideways, so we just decided to have it fixed.

Mike

Jack Sparrow

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:08 pm 
1st Base Coach
1st Base Coach

Favorite Team: Cardinals
It's unusual that they have already determined that they can't fix the unit you have. But it is normal practice to suggest you backup whatever data you can, just in case they lose it. I had to send my Wii in about a year ago because it stopped reading discs altogether, and they replaced the optical drive and sent me the same unit back with all of my save data intact. I was really hoping they wouldn't have to format the memory or replace the unit specifically because of the Power Pros data. Yeah, you can tediously re-enter passwords for Success mode players, but you're S.O.L. for Season (and now) MLB Life mode data. I think Konami/2K need to be much more serious about fixing their game's inability to backup save data to SD card.

If your experience is like mine, you'll be without your Wii for a couple of weeks. I think it was 13 days door-to-door on my repair.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:40 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

When you save your Mii's and they don't transfer the Mii data on the Nintendo any of your associated records and points won't transfer on games that reference the Mii's.

I know this from personal experience. My first Wii stoped reading Wii discs, but could read cube discs. I was playing a lot of cube games at the time when I first got it. I took it back to Circuit City where it was bought and replaced it. I didn't want to wait on Nintendo where I heard the wait could be months due to the over abundance of failures in the beginning.

For example, Wii Sports will re register you Mii's even if you transfer them back from the remotes, and erase your records.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:52 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

SmilingFaces96 wrote:
When you save your Mii's and they don't transfer the Mii data on the Nintendo any of your associated records and points won't transfer on games that reference the Mii's.

I know this from personal experience. My first Wii stoped reading Wii discs, but could read cube discs. I was playing a lot of cube games at the time when I first got it. I took it back to Circuit City where it was bought and replaced it. I didn't want to wait on Nintendo where I heard the wait could be months due to the over abundance of failures in the beginning.

For example, Wii Sports will re register you Mii's even if you transfer them back from the remotes, and erase your records.

Not a big deal, i don't paly wii-sports anyway.
Wyl wrote:
It's unusual that they have already determined that they can't fix the unit you have. But it is normal practice to suggest you backup whatever data you can, just in case they lose it. I had to send my Wii in about a year ago because it stopped reading discs altogether, and they replaced the optical drive and sent me the same unit back with all of my save data intact. I was really hoping they wouldn't have to format the memory or replace the unit specifically because of the Power Pros data. Yeah, you can tediously re-enter passwords for Success mode players, but you're S.O.L. for Season (and now) MLB Life mode data. I think Konami/2K need to be much more serious about fixing their game's inability to backup save data to SD card.

If your experience is like mine, you'll be without your Wii for a couple of weeks. I think it was 13 days door-to-door on my repair.

Hmmmm...they told my mom specfically that we were garuanteed a diffferent system and no save data. MY can also anticipate about 2 weeks door-to-door. Luckily, i hadn't started a season, and my life guy was pretty much maxed out, and i'll be starting a log on the Mike DrMario made for me. I would have logged the other guy, but he was based on me, and i didn't want to put my last name here. Luckily, i have this forum to vent on for 2 weeks :mrgreen:
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeyy!!! I got it back! I was so happy, but surprised. :D :o

Mike

Jack Sparrow