Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Tue Jun 04, 2024 7:25 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for discussion of anything EXCEPT MLB Power Pros, if your post does not belong here it will be moved. Thank you.
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next

is it lit?
it's lit 67%  67%  [ 6 ]
or nah 33%  33%  [ 3 ]
Total votes : 9
 Post subject: Re: RPG #8
PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:00 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
AgentP wrote:
D. Robert Tomlinson, who needs no introduction

:lol: poor Robert.

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:03 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
dish is really bad at being anonymous.

...unleeeessss somebody else decided to take the name Robert Tomlinson to throw people off.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:04 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

detroittigers15 wrote:
dish is really bad at being anonymous.

...unleeeessss somebody else decided to take the name Robert Tomlinson to throw people off.

:lol: I was really hoping that was the case, but it sounds like it is not. :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:41 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Jackleton looked around the circle and decided to go introduce himself to Lucy Henderson, one of two girls on the team. It was a good decision, as the two of them had a lot in common and neither one of them cared about the mythical cooties they could get from being near each other. “Hey, my name’s Jackleton Scheffley, what’s your name?” the boy asked with a light British accent. Lucy mumbled a salutation and told him her name. “Looks like we’re going to be teammates, huh?” she asked. “Yep, figured I might as well meet my fellow Brit,” Jackleton replied. Lucy asked him where he was born, and when he answered “Surrey”, her eyes lit up. “Really? Me too!” she excitedly shouted. And when she told Jackleton where she lived, his eyes lit up with the knowledge that they lived not just in the same neighborhood, but right next to each other!

After the kids had all been dismissed, Lucy asked to meet Jackleton’s parents. Jackleton started to tear up as he informed her that his parents had passed away when he was just a baby, and that his only living relative was the 92-year-old aunt he lived with. Mrs. Henderson offered to take him home, and he thanked her and accepted the offer, riding out of town and to the wealthy neighborhood they lived in in the back seat of her silver Acura sedan.

[Jackleton]: Became friends with Lucy. Friendship with Lucy increased (+5).

Three weeks later…

Harley Aston was bouncing off the walls from the minute he woke up that morning. He took the stairs down to the kitchen three at a time, then skipped his way into the kitchen, bouncing up and down as he waited for his food and still bouncing as he sat down and started to eat. His older brother Shaun watched as he spilled milk all over the table. He grabbed the roll of paper towels off the kitchen counter and started cleaning up the mess. Mr. Aston grabbed his youngest son by the shoulders. “You need to chill the hell out,” he growled. Harley broke free from his grasp and ran into the living room, laying down on the couch and sulking. “Well, if you’re going to be like that, I guess you won’t get to play in the game today,” his dad teased, and Harley quickly whipped himself into shape, went back into the kitchen, and ate his breakfast. After breakfast, Harley brushed his teeth, put on his lime green and black baseball uniform, and went back downstairs, where he met his seven-year-old brother Oliver to go out to the car. Oliver sat shotgun, and Harley sat behind him in the back seat with his seatbelt tucked behind his back.

When they got to the park, Harley dashed into the dugout and immediately looked at the lineup that coach Kevin Miller had posted on the wall. He wasn’t batting first…or second…or third…or even sixteenth. Yes, that’s right, little Harley Aston was batting seventeenth in the first game of his baseball career, not the way he had envisioned it in his head on the ride over. To make matters worse, he whiffed on three pitches—if you could call the underhand tosses the coach was making pitches—in his only at-bat of the game, the team lost 7-0, and he didn’t even get a snack after the game, because he was allergic to the peanuts contained in the Snickers bars they were passing out.

Timmy Turner, on the other hand, was more than happy to receive an extra snack. He had batted seventh and gotten a single, a double, and two RBIs, and had also pitched a scoreless fourth inning and had made a couple of nice plays in the field. As a reward for his good game, his parents told him he could have a couple friends over that afternoon, and he decided to invite two of his teammates.

[Timmy]: Who do you invite over? (pick two)
Andrew White — a pretty normal kid, kind of a chatterbox sometimes
Oliver Hawthorne — the team captain, kinda quiet, really likes baseball
Davis Freeman — one of the cooler kids, you’ll have to invite his twin Zander too
Zander Freeman — also cool, you’ll have to invite his twin brother Davis as well
Conner Holland — pretty normal kid, very happy and friendly
William Young — a little weird, but seems nice
Ford Smalley — really shy, but wants to make friends
Jackson Hughes — Australian kid, probably the best player on the team

yeah that log's dead too- i mean on hiatus (yes that one too) (seriously all of them now lol) (haha unless...?)

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

Second Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

Last edited by AgentP on Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:10 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

How did Timmy get two RBI in a 7-0 loss? :P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:23 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

detroittigers15 wrote:

He's just that good

yeah that log's dead too- i mean on hiatus (yes that one too) (seriously all of them now lol) (haha unless...?)

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:53 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Astros
detroittigers15 wrote:

Thinking the same thing but didn't want to be rude.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 8:26 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

How did Timmy pitch a scoreless 4th in a coach pitch league? :razz:

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:04 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Astros
While we are pointing out errors, There are 17 kids on Kevin's 15 kid team...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:08 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

BrewersFuzz wrote:
How did Timmy pitch a scoreless 4th in a coach pitch league? :razz:
AgentP wrote:
He's just that good

Tdud123 wrote:
While we are pointing out errors, There are 17 kids on Kevin's 15 kid team...
There were 15, but then Davis and Zander showed up to make it 17

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 11:08 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Meanwhile, on an adjacent field, the Sunflowers were just getting started in their matchup against the overmatched Sea Lions. Carson Eaves ran out to his position at shortstop, grabbing his crotch like his favorite football player, Marshawn Lynch, sometimes did to celebrate scoring a touchdown. He fit the brand-new brown glove over his left hand and got ready to field the practice grounder being thrown by the first baseman, Josh Barnett. But Josh, a Niners fan, had seen his teammate’s crotch grab and decided to give him a challenge, throwing a liner straight at Carson’s chest. Carson snagged it, no problem, and whipped it right back to first, surprising Josh, who bobbled the ball and had to go chase it into the Sea Lions’ dugout.

The rest of the game was as sloppy as the warm-ups, with the two teams combining to make twelve errors and score nineteen runs. After the game, the players shook hands with their opponents and sat down on the grass to enjoy the snacks brought to them by Cindy Hanifin, the mother of leadoff-batting Mitchell and a librarian at the Oceanside branch. Keith Braun grabbed two Gatorades out of the cooler and tossed one to his younger brother Trevor. They were all in good spirits because they had won, twelve runs to seven, and Mitchell even let one of the kids get away with calling him Mitch. Coach Dan Rommel told the kids they had played hard and made him proud, then dismissed them.

School started that Monday, and the halls at Sandy Eggo Elementary were buzzing with energy as kids made new friends, caught up with old friends, and got ready for kindergarten, a year that would be filled with smiles and frowns, fun and boredom, friends and enemies. The first bell rang, and kids started scrambling to find their classrooms. “103,” Katie Lawrence kept repeating. Finally, she found the room, and entered to find a mix of kids—some friends, some acquaintances, some kids she had never seen before in her life. She was sad to see that Mitchell Hanifin was also in her class. The two of them were baseball teammates and friends, but Katie was hoping to be class president, and she knew Mitchell would prove to be tough competition. Once the teacher, Mr. Rozelle, had settled everyone down and taken roll, he asked if anyone wanted to run for class president, and Katie and Mitchell’s hands immediately shot up. One other hand was slowly raised in the back. That hand belonged to a quiet kid of Irish descent. Mr. Rozelle called the three of them up, and the boy shuffled to the front. The Sydence family was tight on money, and it showed in the tattered T-shirt and shorts worn by young Coen, a stark contrast from the brand-new outfits worn by Katie and Mitchell.

Coen rubbed his glasses on his shirt and started speaking from the heart, talking about how hard his parents had worked just to get by, and how hard he would work as class president to get things done. The class gave him a standing ovation, just as they had with Katie and Mitchell, and then it was time for a vote.
The two of them both gave brief speeches, and both got standing ovations from the entire class.

[Alan and Timmy: please PM me your votes]

In room 104, the same procedure happened, but only one kid ran for president: Coen Sydence, who had the support of the entire room behind him as he was “inaugurated”. Coen wiped his glasses on the sleeve of his white T-shirt and thanked everyone as he sat back down.

In room 105, Oliver Hawthorne ran against a girl named Paris Edwards who basically spent most of her speech bragging about being a spoiled brat. Oliver won in a landslide, and he stood on stage debating whether or not to shake Paris’s hand.

[Oliver]: What do you do?

A. Shake her hand respectfully
B. Shake her hand, but only because you have to
C. Don’t shake her hand at all
D. Just awkwardly sit there for the rest of the day

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

Last edited by AgentP on Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:51 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Wait, is Coen in room 103 or 104?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 7:55 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

detroittigers15 wrote:

:lol: Get your shit together AgentPP!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 8:32 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

BrewersFuzz wrote:
detroittigers15 wrote:

:lol: Get your shit together AgentPP!

wow I'm bad at this

he's in room 104. oops.

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:05 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

“Holy crap, your house is humongous!” Zander Freeman exclaimed as Timmy Turner opened the door and let he and his brother in. “It’s alright,” Timmy grinned. He gave them a tour of the house, finishing with the playroom, where they sat down to take a break. Timmy looked at his friends and noticed that they were both wearing boardshorts. “Say, do you guys wanna go swimming? I can go change in my room, we have a pool out back,” he asked. The boys nodded, and Timmy ran into his room and changed, swapping out his typical pink T-shirt and jeans for a pair of blue swim trunks and tossing his pink baseball cap on the bed. He fed his pet goldfish Cosmo and Wanda, then went back into the other room to take Davis and Zander out to the pool.

The boys swam around until 5:30, when Mr. Freeman promptly showed up to pick Davis and Zander up. Mr. Freeman, a policeman who cast a long shadow, frightened Timmy so much that he dashed upstairs without saying goodbye, watching away from the action as the heavily tattooed man led his kids out to their car. He waved as they passed by his perch at the top of the stairs, but neither boy was looking.

They met up again the next afternoon at baseball practice. Timmy briefly chatted with the twins before practice started, but he was too scared of their dad to go try and talk to them afterwards.

On an adjacent field, the Sunflowers were practicing, and Room 103 class president Mitchell Hanifin was standing at third base, preparing to field a grounder off the fungo bat of coach Dan Rommel. The coach tossed the ball gently in the air and tapped it down to third with the bat. It bounced once, twice, three times as Mitchell kept his eye on the ball and slowly charged in. Then the ball suddenly took a wicked hop off the grass and nailed him square in the chin. He managed to pick up the ball and sling it to first, but when first baseman Robert Tomlinson saw blood drip from Mitchell’s chin as he caught the ball, he knew he had to do something.

[Robert]: What is it that you have to do?

A. Alert the coach to Mitchell’s injury
B. Run across the field and help him yourself
C. Avenge the death of your pet goldfish, Maggie
D. Watch Suspense 21

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next