All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Season Mode Shop Wiki Page
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 3:18 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Hey, since I'm relatively new to the forums I'm as of yet unable to contribute and create new pages to the wiki. Regardless, I have several ideas and pieces of information that are as of now missing from the Wikipedia. I was hoping that someone else who has access could post some of my pages on them.
This is my first page, which shows how to access items from Success Mode. Credit for the information goes to the user Gambler. I just edited it, expanded, and formatted the information. Please add credit for both of us when you post the page.
Edit: I tried to add and format my tables correctly but it wouldn't let me. After over an hour I figured out how to let you see my word file. Go to this site: http://mlbpowerpros.mybb3.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2
Here it is:

So you already have enough points to pay your salary, have been in the green every month, and looking for a place to use those seemingly useless extra points? Well don't worry, a few minutes of browsing in the shop and the last thing you'll have to worry about is extra points!

Before I get started and explain how the shop works and what each items does, let me warn you. If you are not making more money then you are losing and have a high salary team like the Yankees, do not spend money in the shop! I made the same mistake with the Yanks (Along with penalties from letting players go) and barely escaped bankruptcy even with the World Series won. I had no chance of paying off the debt next year without selling off all my players, so I gave up the season.

The key to getting any young or relatively weak team into a league winning, World Series champion and team-crushing powerhouse is training your players up. But when you start the game, training is painfully slow and it takes almost a year to see any real improvement. The shop allows you to speed things up by buying items that will make the game significantly faster (which unfortunately cost a large chunk of money. But trust me; it pays off in the long run). There is an item to speed up every type of training from Trajectory to Velocity, from Techniques to Training Groups/Friends. For each type of training, there are three levels with an increasingly high cost. Furthermore, while the first level of each training is usually accessible from the beginning of the game, the next two levels require a certain task/accomplishment to unlock them (With the exception of fitness, which has the first two levels). It’s possible for the weakest training equipment to break over roughly a season and it may be possible for the strong equipment to break as well.
Here is a list (which is not yet complete) of every item, what it cost, and how to get it.
Items with * need to be confirmed.
Item: What it does: Cost: How to get it: Comments:
Weak Trajectory Bat* Makes trajectory practice a little faster ---- Available from start
Regular Trajectory Bat Makes trajectory practices a decent amount faster ---- *Buy the Weak Trajectory Bat
Power Trajectory Bat Makes trajectory practice a lot faster ---- *I believe this requires one to buy a Regular Trajectory Bat but I very well could be mistaken
Weak Connect Bat* Makes CON practice a little faster ---- Available from start
Regular Connect Bat* Makes CON practice a decent amount faster ---- Get 250+ hits
Power Connect Bat* Makes CON practice a lot faster ---- Get 500+ hits
Weak Power Bat* Makes power practice a little faster ---- Available from start
Regular Power Bat* Makes power practice a decent amount faster ---- Get 50+ homeruns
Power batting Bat* Makes power practice a lot faster ---- Get 100+ homeruns
Weak Batting Bat Makes All-Around Batting Practice a little faster ---- Available from start This is the type of training that improves all batting stats at once but slower then each one would improve individually
Regular Batting Bat* Makes All-Around Batting Practice a decent amount faster ---- Get 100+ RBI
Power Batting Bat* Makes All-Around Batting Practice (Speed) a lot faster ---- Get 200+ RBI
Weak spikes* Makes Running Practice (Speed) a little faster ---- Available from start
Regular Spikes* Makes Running Practice (Speed) a decent amount faster ---- Get 25+ Steals
Power Spikes* Makes Running Practice (Speed) a lot faster ---- Get 50+ Steals
Weak Stamina spikes* Makes Running Practice (Stamina) a little faster ---- Available from start When dealing with Success Mode Starters, this is most useful (in my opinion) because they usually have B Stamina which makes it almost impossible for them to even go 6 inning even if their having a quality start
Regular Stamina Spikes* Makes Running Practice (Stamina) a decent amount faster ---- Get 15+ Quality Starts
Power Stamina Spikes* Makes Running Practice (Stamina) MUCH faster ---- Get 30+ Quality Starts
Weak Glove* Makes Fielding practice a little faster ---- Available from start This trains Field, Error Resistance, and Throwing arm all at once. There is no way to train them separately
Regular Glove* Makes Fielding Practice a decent amount faster ---- After 25+ Games have a .900+ fielding percentage for the team on average This can be accomplished any time after 25 games.
Power Glove* Makes Fielding Practice a lot faster ---- After 25+ Games have a .950+ fielding percentage for the team on average Same as above
Weak Velocity Ball* Makes Velocity practice a little faster ---- Available from start Velocity is speed
Regular Velocity Ball* Makes Velocity Practice a decent amount faster ---- *After 25+ games have a 3.00 era (hard! See below)
Power Velocity Ball* Makes Velocity Practice a lot faster ---- *After 50 games have a 2.50 era or less (Impossible! I’m not sure if this is one player or the team average)
Weak Control Ball* Makes Control practice a little faster ---- Available from start
Regular Control Ball* Makes Control Practice a decent amount faster ---- After 25+ games give up 4 or less walks a game (What a difference from a 2.50 era! Giving/getting walks is almost impossible!)
Power Control Ball* Makes Control Practice a lot faster ---- After 50+ games give up 3 walks or less per a game (I think I give up about 3 walks a Season)
Weak Breaking Ball* Makes Breaking Ball practice a little faster ---- Available from start *Breaking Ball practice is when you work on one individual pitch. This may help speed up learning a new pitch in Spring Training
Regular Breaking Ball* Makes Breaking Ball Practice a decent amount faster ---- 200+ strikeouts pitched
Power Breaking Ball * Makes Breaking Ball Practice a lot faster ---- 400+ strikeouts pitched
? Makes Fitness practice a little faster ---- Available from start *Anyone know what fitness does?
Hot Dog *Makes Fitness a decent amount faster ---- Available from start and can be bought as long as you have a positive amount of points Isn’t fast food bad for fitness?
Powerin * Makes fitness a lot faster or something entirely different ---- Have more then 200,000 points (Wow!) I guess they don’t investigate for illegal drugs in Power Pros. No wonder all their heads are so big.
*Small Technique Book Allows Technique practice to improve a little faster ---- Available from Start If your every going to try technique practice without groups with good trust levels, make sure to at least get the lowest level book
* ___ Technique Book Allows Technique practice to improve a decent amount faster ---- *Complete 3+ trades (It may be 4+)
* ___ Technique Book Allows Technique practice to improve a lot faster ---- *Complete 6+ trades (It may be 7+)
Proof of Friendship Allows 1 more friend for practice groups ---- Available from Start
*Proof of close friendship *Allows ? more friends for practice groups ---- Have more then 5 yellow friends (Second level of friendship, takes about a season)
*Proof of ___ *Allows ? more friends for practice groups ---- *Have more then 5 yellow friends (Highest level of friendship, probably takes 2 seasons)
Champion Ring *Buy this to be able to see every item your missing (and possible but unlikely how to get them) Win World Series Definitely not worth it because you already have this wonderful guide

Platinum Ring *No idea, maybe it unlocks everything?
Win the World Series with an average salary of 5000 or less. Note: it’s the average, not total salary. If you really want this and your salary is too high, releasing some of your most expensive players and taking the penalty might lower it. If you’re just curious what it does, don’t save your game and release them and then come tell me what the ring does ;).
*____ * This allows you to do something called convert (Maybe change your pitch to another type) learn breaking balls outside of spring training, change your pitching for and change your batting form Either win a World Series while playing all 162 games and playoffs or win 3 World Series and play 5 seasons * I don’t know if this includes fast forwarding through parts of games. I’ll find out in about a month when I finish my current season.
Use Arrange teams in the Majors Use Arranged or your own teams in the Majors 100,000 Power Points *Get 13 or more season trophies. I believe this includes weekly awards and I’m almost certain it includes monthly awards. I know this is isn’t from the shop in Season Mode, but I couldn’t find this anywhere else in the Wiki. Buy this from the shop at the Main Menu
Wipes sweat off face for spending an hour writing this up
Well that’s the MLB Power Pros Season Shop. I’ll be filling in the blanks, changing/correcting the names, and adding in the cost by the end of the week.

- When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
- When asked if he wanted a pizza cut into 4/8 slices, Yogi responds with "Better cut it into 4, I don't think I could eat 8."
-Always go to other peoples' funerals otherwise they won't go to yours.
-I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
-In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
-It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.
I'm on vacation for about a month.

Post subject: Re: Season Mode Shop Wiki Page
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:20 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

To get access to the wiki, simply send a message to DS and he'll get you in.

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 5:42 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

One of rings allows you to see every item. The other makes all types of practice a little better (like the one in Success Mode).

"If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing your grandmother with her teeth out."
~George Brett

"We don't need refs, but I guess white guys need something to do. "
~Charles Barkley

""I know Koufax's weakness. He can't hit."
~Whitey Ford

SSBB FC - 3437-3779-6679

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 7:11 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: Reds
Platinum Ring Improves all of the practices
Champ Ring allows you to SEE all of the unavailable items

"I sincerely believe that there is nothing truly great in any man or woman except their character, their willingness to move beyond the realm of self and into a greater realm of selflessness. Giving back is the ultimate talent in life.."
– Ozzie Smith

"Baseball is a game, yes. It is also a business. But what is most truly is is disguised combat. For all its gentility, its almost leisurely pace, baseball is violence under wraps."
-Willie Mays

"A baseball game is simply a nervous breakdown divided into nine innings." -Earl Wilson

PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 10:21 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

SUPACLIPA wrote:
Platinum Ring Improves all of the practices
Champ Ring allows you to SEE all of the unavailable items

Thanks, I'll add that

- When asked if he wanted a pizza cut into 4/8 slices, Yogi responds with "Better cut it into 4, I don't think I could eat 8."
-In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 3:36 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

:mrgreen: After hours of work of unsuccesfully trying to convert a table from word to wiki I finally finished my article, formatted the table, and created a page on Wiki. It's still missing plenty of data including cost and the actual names for many objects. If you know any of these or have access to every item and can fill in some blanks, please do!