Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:12 am 
Pitching Coach
Pitching Coach

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
mrsims31 wrote:
Thanks.... always a pleasure.

The other problem I discussed with JGao and MarvinCard concerning making a player like this is that he would have to be a closer. If he were a starter I don't see how the fatigue and morale system would allow you to play him everyday. Any thoughts on how to get around this and still make him a starter?

I've never tried playing a fatigued pitcher as a hitter in Season Mode. Does the gray state diminish his hitting abilities?

I guess you could try 255 STAM + Recovery 4 and perhaps Durability 4 (Don't know if that affects tolerance to fatigue). After that all I can think of is only pitch him to the extent that he doesn't break down.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:19 am 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
I finally got GJ after about three hrs of reloading. Didn't realize how good he boosted your stats. I now see that this is the ultimate strategy. Too bad I'm already in yr 3 and have wasted many turns gambling for pitching stats. I can't wait to try this strategy on a fresh player. I can definitely see the possibility of an all A player.

As for being a starter, couldn't you just give him second position and just take someone else's spot when he's not pitching? (I don't know I'm inexperienced in season mode)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:42 am 
Rookie
Rookie

MrWelz wrote:
I finally got GJ after about three hrs of reloading. Didn't realize how good he boosted your stats. I now see that this is the ultimate strategy. Too bad I'm already in yr 3 and have wasted many turns gambling for pitching stats. I can't wait to try this strategy on a fresh player. I can definitely see the possibility of an all A player.

As for being a starter, couldn't you just give him second position and just take someone else's spot when he's not pitching? (I don't know I'm inexperienced in season mode)

Thanks mrsims31.

MrWelz, did you sell your luck booster items as well?
I'll try it this weekends as well, since I have no access to my PS2 until then :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:10 pm 
Ace
Ace

No. I was too afraid to sell my luck items. I think that once you have excellent luck you don't need them anymore but I'm not sure if they help keep you at excellent luck or not. That is why I didn't sell them.

However it took me 3 to 4 hrs for one successfull visit and MrSims said he got 4 in 2 hrs. So he might be on to something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 4:04 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Angels
I had no luck items on myself and it only took me about 15 minutes to get in S/L during the week immediately after the Champion Rings game in year three. I was able to try every option and succeed and fail a few times on the "I want to become stronger" option because he was so easy to meet during that week. If only I had known about this sooner I probably would have made an even better player(but 15 on everything and 239PWR is still pretty good in my book).

Thanks mrsims31 for your info on page 15 of the post your characters topic, it was definitely useful for my next character(first pitcher), now if only I could figure out how to train with dad!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:07 am 
Rookie
Rookie

Yeah, my char successfully challenge DR. GJ for an operation.

Try to get the second event for almost 3 hrs, only managed to get once and fail the challenge, giving up and decided to continue the story up until facing the World's Gathering in 3rd yrs.

Then I try to reload again, surprisingly I got the second event (and successfully challenge) in 6-7 try.

Could it be the probability of getting the event increases near the final games?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 2:43 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Possibly.

For anyone that may not know it, I was able to get Dr Goodjob three times in my final month. The first was the week between finals and the game against Patrick(3rd week in May), then I was also able to get another visit the week immediately following the game against Patrick(where you save on one week and then have a chance to train twice before the next game). And finally, as mentioned before, I was able to have him visit me the week immediately following the Champion Rings match.

They've all taken longer than I would have expected, and I was only able to get the 3rd Week in May visit after numerous hours S/L trying to rest; I eventually got it while attempting to STR train over and over again.

I think the probability does probably go up the later in the season you are, and also the lower you can make your vitality, but that's all conjecture on my part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:28 pm 
Ace
Ace

Thank you Mr Sims. Dr. Goodjob is my new best friend.
I think his visits are unlimited.
My quest for an all A player is going to end very soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:30 pm 
Ace
Ace

Oh Yeah. No need to sell luck items.

Post subject: Re: Dr. Goodjob
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:21 am 
Rookie
Rookie

I sucessfully challenge DR. GJ for a second time just after the Champ's Ring match.
At first, I did some reload to no avail. But then I sold my recovery necklace and I got him in 2 tries.

So my hunch is, the event is getting easier to get during the last stretch of the matches.
And also when your stamina is really low.

If that is true, then actually we can get about 2 GJ upgrade quite easy near the end of the game.
Just don't forget to sell your recovery necklace to deplete your stamina and probably some shuffle whistle for the challenge card.

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 9:56 am 
Ace
Ace

I really think it is just a coincidence that you sold it and then got GJ. If you just keep reloading you'll get him.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:32 pm 
Ace
Ace

Does Dr. Goodjob always continue to show up no matter what card you use after you get his number?

I used a yes card because I didn't have a challenge, and now am having trouble getting him to show again.

It shouldn't matter should it?

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:44 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Yankees
You're supposed to use a Yes card the first time. The Challenge only comes in the second time. And, those are the only cards that work for the maximum benefit.

"If a tie is like kissing your sister, losing is like kissing your grandmother with her teeth out."
~George Brett

"We don't need refs, but I guess white guys need something to do. "
~Charles Barkley

""I know Koufax's weakness. He can't hit."
~Whitey Ford

SSBB FC - 3437-3779-6679

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:49 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

That's what he was saying J-Gao, he already got his address with a Yes card but when he met GJ for the second time only had a Yes card.

I've personally never tried to meet him again after using a Yes card, but I don't think it should hinder you meeting him again; it is probably just this game being cruel to you. It took me about an hour to meet him and fail my Yes on him twice and then with a different character I met him pretty easily and challenged three times within about the same time limit.

PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 7:56 pm 
Ace
Ace

I got his number, I successfully challenged once, then a couple days later, I wasn't even trying to get him and he came and I only had a yes card. I was successful, and it gave me decent enough stats for me to save.

I have never used a yes card before. I just want to know if I can still get him to come back, or if using the yes card makes him never return?

I have only got him to treat me multiple times when using the challenge card every time.

I'm freaking out a little because I'm relying on him to finish my character properly. Please tell me he still comes back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next