Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This subforum is strictly for the creation of self-made works of our members.
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Round 2 | an OOTP 18 Log
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 2:58 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
May 2, 2018

Texas Rangers
(11-9) at Houston Astros (14-7)

Matchup: LHP Yohander Mendez (2-1, 5.40) vs. RHP Lance McCullers Jr. (1-1, 7.65)

Game Recap

Texas could not overcome a clunker from Yohander Mendez or two errors from Jonathan Lucroy, and took the 6-3 loss to Houston, setting up a rubber match in tomorrow’s game.

Mendez went four innings, giving up six runs, with only four earned, the other two coming after the first error on the day for Lucroy — who also had an error Sunday at first base. Lucroy’s second error did not result in any runs, but it nonetheless overshadowed a solid day at the plate for the veteran backstop, who hit a solo homer in the sixth inning and later reached on a walk in the eighth.

Box Score

Postgame Notes

— RHP Nick Martinez was optioned to Round Rock. LHP Wandy Peralta was recalled in his place.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

post count doesn't matter

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 2:41 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

May 3, 2018

Texas Rangers (11-10) at Houston Astros (15-7)

Matchup: LHP Cole Hamels (0-2, 9.95) vs. RHP Collin McHugh (4-0, 3.00)

Game Recap

Cole Hamels fired a complete-game shutout to lead the Rangers to a 2-0 victory Thursday night. Adrian Beltre drove in the game’s only runs with a two-run homer off of Houston starter Collin McHugh (4-1) in the first inning. Hamels (1-2) scattered nine hits over his nine innings pitched, adding six strikeouts and throwing 120 pitches to get the win.

“I just tried to pound the zone, and it definitely helped to get 3 double plays behind me,” Hamels said. “The defense was great behind me all night long.”

Box Score

Postgame Notes

— Manager Finn Fletcher confirmed that right-hander Adrian Sampson will stay in the rotation and make his second start tomorrow against Los Angeles.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:15 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

May 4, 2018

Texas Rangers (12-10) at Los Angeles Angels (10-13)

Matchup: RHP Adrian Sampson (1-0, 1.29) vs. RHP Nick Tropeano (2-1, 5.20)

Game Recap

Eric Hosmer hit his first home run of the season, and Texas was able to barely hold on for a 7-6 win over the Angels.

Hosmer’s three-run blast came in the fifth inning against Angels starter Nick Tropeano (2-2). “It felt good coming off the bat,” the veteran first baseman and 2-time All-Star said. “Feels good to have that first one out of the way, and hopefully there’s a lot more coming.”

Rookie starter Adrian Sampson improved to 2-0 on the season, pitching six and two-thirds innings and allowing five runs. Sam Dyson worked around a leadoff homer from Wilmer Flores to nail down his fifth save of the year.

“Not gonna lie, I got a bit scared when Sam gave up that home run,” manager Finn Fletcher remarked. “But there’s a reason he’s in that closer’s role to begin with.”

Box Score

Postgame Notes

— INF/OF Drew Robinson was optioned to Round Rock. INF/OF Alexi Amarista was recalled from the same.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 6:56 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

May 5, 2018

Texas Rangers (13-10) at Los Angeles Angels (10-14)

Matchup:
LHP Martin Perez (2-1, 5.16) vs. RHP Alex Meyer (2-0, 4.26)

Game Recap

ok but how the *(censored)* is Anthony Recker gonna go 4 for 4

I make Trout strike out 3 times and this is the reward I get? the *(censored)*?

Box Score

Postgame Notes

— The game crashed in the fifth inning with the score tied at 2.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 1:10 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

May 6, 2018

Texas Rangers (13-11) at Los Angeles Angels (11-14)

Matchup:
RHP Andrew Cashner (2-1, 5.54) vs. RHP Matt Shoemaker (1-2, 7.71)

Game Recap

Nomar Mazara hit a home run, Andrew Cashner posted a quality start, and the Rangers took down division rival Los Angeles 5-3 on Sunday night.

Mazara’s two-run jack in the first opened the scoring after leadoff man Delino DeShields singled and stole second — his first of three stolen bases on the night. Mazara finished 1 for 2, adding three walks.

Cashner (3-1) pitched six innings, allowing three runs to earn the win. “I didn’t have my best stuff,” he said, “but I was able to get some ground balls, and the defense made plays behind me.”

Alex Claudio, working for the third consecutive day, got the final two outs to earn his first save of 2018.

Box Score

Postgame Notes

— Right fielder Nomar Mazara was named AL Player of the Week! Mazara hit .400 with 5 home runs and 7 RBI over the past seven days.
— The pool for June’s First-Year Player Draft was released! There doesn’t seem to be a consensus top pick out of the bunch, but pitching talent appears to be quite plentiful.
— RHPs R.J. Alvarez and Tony Barnette and LHP Wandy Peralta were optioned to Round Rock. RHPs Keone Kela, Nick Martinez, and Tanner Scheppers were recalled to replace them.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:44 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

May 8, 2018

Texas Rangers (14-11) at Detroit Tigers (17-8)

Matchup:
LHP Yohander Mendez (2-2, 6.00) vs. LHP Daniel Norris (3-1, 2.45)

Game Recap

Nomar Mazara was 3 for 5 to lead the Rangers to a 6-4 victory over the Tigers.

Mazara’s biggest hit of the night came on a two-run single in the second inning against southpaw Daniel Norris (3-2), who took the loss despite allowing zero earned runs. Norris was undone by a pair of errors in that second inning, which allowed four runs to score.

Rangers starter Yohander Mendez was unable to get through five innings, but righty Matt Bush (1-0) got a big out in the fifth inning, and pitched a perfect sixth, to earn the win. Nick Martinez pitched the final three innings to earn his first career save.

Box Score

Postgame Notes

— Around the organization: RHP Zack Bird (3-0, 0.75) and CF Craig Dedelow (.307/.435/.557) were promoted to High-A… 1B Ben Miller (.324/.368/.610) was promoted to Double-A… OF Andrew Lambo (.091/.231/.182) and C A.J. Jimenez (0 for 12) were released from Triple-A… RHP Connor Sadzeck, originally slated to pitch in relief at Round Rock, was moved into the AAA club’s rotation.
— RHP Nick Martinez was outrighted to Round Rock. The contract of LHP Mason Melotakis was purchased from the same. Melotakis has not allowed a run in 6 appearances this season, and recorded 42 saves between Chattanooga (Minnesota’s AA affiliate) and Round Rock in 2017.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:47 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
What the hell did the Tigers give up for Josh freaking Harrison?

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:40 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

dishnet34 wrote:
What the hell did the Tigers give up for Josh freaking Harrison?

A.J. Simcox (22 ovr/34 pot SS, currently at AA hitting .189) and Zach Shepherd (29 ovr/49 pot 3B, currently at A+ hitting .221 with 8 HR)

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 09, 2017 4:47 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

May 9, 2018

Texas Rangers (15-11) at Detroit Tigers (17-9)

Matchup: LHP Cole Hamels (1-2, 7.34) vs. RHP Justin Verlander (2-2, 5.57)

The game was postponed due to inclement weather, and will be made up as part of a double-header tomorrow.

Postgame Notes

— Finn Fletcher said he is unsure how he will use the league’s 26-man rule for tomorrow’s second game. Since the doubleheader was scheduled less than 48 hours in advance, the player he chooses to call up will only be available for the second game of the doubleheader. The most likely scenario is that Fletcher opts to add an eighth reliever to the bullpen.
— RHP Tayron Guerrero was designated for assignment. There are now 39 players on the Rangers’ 40-man roster.
— Also notable: we have another double-header (against Houston) in just four days. Nine games in seven days, y’all.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 10, 2017 3:27 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

May 10, 2018 (Game 1)

Texas Rangers
(15-11) at Detroit Tigers (17-9)

Matchup:
LHP Cole Hamels (1-2, 7.34) vs. RHP Justin Verlander (2-2, 5.57)

Game Recap

The Rangers hit back-to-back-to-back homers, Cole Hamels pitched eight strong innings, and the Rangers took down Detroit 5-3 in the first game of a doubleheader Thursday afternoon.

The scoring opened in the second inning. With Eric Hosmer on first base after a walk and one out in the inning, Joey Gallo hit a 392-foot blast to right-center. Delino DeShields and Robinson Chirinos followed with solo blasts off of Tigers starter Justin Verlander (2-3). Gallo would later add a second home run in the sixth inning, the fourth allowed by Verlander.

Hamels has now turned in two strong outings after a rocky start to the season, and his ERA — once in the double digits — has dropped to 6.59. Matt Bush worked a clean ninth for his second save of the year.

Box Score

Postgame Notes

— RHP Jose Leclerc was added as the 26th man for the second game of the doubleheader.

May 10, 2018 (Game 2)

Texas Rangers (16-11) at Detroit Tigers (17-10)

Matchup: LHP Martin Perez (2-1, 5.08) vs. RHP Jordan Zimmermann (2-0, 3.78)

Game Recap

A frantic ninth-inning rally helped the Rangers overcome a stellar outing from Jordan Zimmermann and take down Detroit 4-2, sweeping the Tigers in the process.

Texas went into the eighth up a run, but starter Martin Perez surrendered two runs, allowing the Tigers to take a 2-1 lead. Jose Leclerc (1-0) bailed him out of a jam, retiring Ian Kinsler on a fly ball to left to end the inning.

In the ninth, Tigers closer Bryan Shaw came on and immediately got into trouble, allowing Jonathan Lucroy to reach via base hit. After an Adrian Beltre flyout, Joey Gallo tripled to score pinch-runner Drew Stubbs. Gallo would later score on a single from Delino DeShields. Hanser Alberto’s RBI single gave the Rangers an important insurance run, and Sam Dyson shut the door in the ninth for his sixth save.

Box Score

Postgame Notes

— Rougned Odor got his first “day off” of the season after starting the first 27 games at second base. Nomar Mazara, who started the first 27 games in right field, also got some rest, moving to designated hitter.
— After going a combined 0 for 8 on Tuesday, Mazara’s batting average dropped below .400 for the first time all season (.396). His OBP is also at a season-low .500. “We were debating sending him down,” Finn Fletcher joked after the game. “Might move him down to the nine-hole.”
— RHP Brandon McCarthy was re-signed to a minor league contract. He has been assigned to Round Rock, where he will work as a reliever.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2017 11:54 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

May 11, 2018

Chicago White Sox (17-12) at Texas Rangers (17-11)

Matchup: RHP Carson Fulmer (2-0, 2.43) vs. RHP Adrian Sampson (2-0, 3.95)

Game Recap

Carson Fulmer pitched seven excellent innings, Tim Anderson had 3 extra-base hits, and Chicago took down Texas by the score of 4-2 on Friday night.

Fulmer (3-0) allowed just three hits and two runs (one earned) over seven innings. The runs scored on an Adrian Beltre double and a Delino DeShields home run. Anderson carried the offense, going 3 for 3 with two doubles and a solo shot in the second inning off of Rangers starter Adrian Sampson (2-1).

Box Score

Postgame Notes

— LHP Mason Melotakis made his major-league debut, pitching a scoreless eighth inning.
— RHP Adrian Sampson was optioned to Round Rock. The contract of INF/OF Ryan Rua was purchased from AAA.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:36 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

May 12, 2018

Chicago White Sox (18-12) at Texas Rangers (17-12)

Matchup:
LHP Jose Quintana (4-2, 3.26) vs. RHP Andrew Cashner (3-1, 5.34)

Game Recap

The White Sox jumped on Andrew Cashner and were able to withstand a late Texas rally to take a 7-4 win Saturday night.

Cashner (3-2) lasted only four and one-third innings, allowing six runs in a losing effort. Jose Quintana (5-2) allowed four runs over seven and two-thirds innings, though three of those runs came in the eighth inning with the game already out of reach.

White Sox designated hitter Yoan Moncada was just 1 for 2, but reached via walk three times, stole two bases, drove in two runs, and scored three times in an impressive all-around effort.

Box Score

Postgame Notes

— None? Elvis Andrus is less than a week away from coming back tho

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 12:31 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

May 13, 2018

Chicago White Sox (19-12) at Texas Rangers (18-12)

Matchup: LHP Carlos Rodon (2-3, 4.99) vs. LHP Yohander Mendez (2-2, 5.65)

Game Recap

The Rangers teed off on Chicago, scoring 15 runs in a blowout victory to avoid being swept by the South Siders on Sunday afternoon.

Every player in the starting lineup got at least one hit, with Hanser Alberto and Dalton Pompey driving in four runs apiece. Yohander Mendez did his job on the mound, recording a quality start with three runs (two earned) allowed over six innings and adding nine strikeouts.

The Rangers strung together two huge innings — a five-run fifth and a six-run sixth — to take an insurmountable lead. The lead was so great that utilityman Alexi Amarista took the mound for the ninth inning. The 29-year-old Amarista, who has mostly played shortstop this season, pitched a scoreless ninth, allowing just a single off the bat of Yolmer Sanchez.

Box Score

(i'm sorry i keep *(censored)* up the box scores)

Postgame Notes

— RHPs Keone Kela and Tanner Scheppers and LHP Mason Melotakis were optioned to Round Rock. LHP Wandy Peralta and INF/OF Alexi Amarista were designated for assignment. The contracts of RHPs Nick Martinez and Connor Sadzeck (26th man) were purchased from Round Rock. RHPs Preston Claiborne and Tony Barnette and INF/OF Drew Robinson were recalled from Round Rock.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 16, 2017 2:29 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

May 14, 2018 (Game 1)

Houston Astros
(19-13) at Texas Rangers (18-13)

Matchup: RHP Collin McHugh (4-1, 2.96) vs. RHP Nick Martinez (0-1, 9.75)

Game Recap

Collin McHugh pitched a complete game allowing 3 runs, and the Astros took down the Rangers, 11-3, in the first of two games scheduled for Monday.

A.J. Reed was 3 for 5 with a homer, 2 RBI, and 2 runs for the victorious Astros. Hanser Alberto was 3 for 3 with an RBI for the Rangers, but a costly error in the ninth led to five runs as the Astros’ lead ballooned against right-hander Preston Claiborne.

Box Score

Postgame Notes

— None…

May 14, 2018 (Game 2)

Houston Astros (20-13) at Texas Rangers (18-14)

Matchup: RHP Mike Fiers (0-1, 5.79) vs. RHP Connor Sadzeck (ML debut; 0-0, 5.40 in AAA)

Game Recap

Connor Sadzeck pitched five innings of two-run ball in his MLB debut, Dalton Pompey hit a three-run homer, and the Rangers split Monday’s doubleheader with a 5-2 win over the Astros.

Sadzeck (1-0) was solid, but not spectacular as he settled down after a two-run first inning to keep Texas in the game and earn the win. Pompey provided most of the offense with his three-run shot off of Houston starter Mike Fiers (0-2) in the second inning, and finished the game 2 for 4.

Box Score

Postgame Notes

— RHPs Nick Martinez and Preston Claiborne were optioned to Round Rock. RHPs Jose Leclerc and Tanner Scheppers were recalled.

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2017 2:50 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

(Note: I’ve decided to stop posting the box score, and will post updates as a single block from now on.)

————————————————————————————————————————————

May 15, 2018

Houston Astros (20-14) at Texas Rangers (19-14)

Matchup: RHP Charlie Morton (3-2, 4.87) vs. LHP Cole Hamels (2-2, 6.59)

Game Recap

Andrew Toles and the Astros were able to hold off a late Rangers rally to win a pivotal game, 7-5.

Toles finished 3 for 5 with a double and two triples, tying the AL single-game record. Houston starter Charlie Morton (4-2) pitched six innings, allowing just one run, but the bullpen faltered late, allowing three runs in the ninth. Texas lefty Cole Hamels (2-3) gave up 7 runs in 4.1 innings.

For the Rangers, Rougned Odor had 3 hits, and Hanser Alberto extended his hitting streak to 11 games with a two-hit effort. The team was aggressive on the bases with three steals on the day (two by Drew Stubbs).

NAPOLI FOR MVP

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next