Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 7:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This subforum is strictly for the creation of self-made works of our members.
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: The American Baseball Organization - An OOTP16 Log
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:11 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Indians
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
I like the Seattle Sounders since they are based on the MLS team. I'm guessing the playoffs are based on the MLB's? I'll be making my playoff picks soon...

BrewersFuzz wrote:
AND THEN IN A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS CLEVELAND BLOWS THE 3-1 LEAD THIS TIME

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:13 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
GoTwins24 wrote:
I like the Seattle Sounders since they are based on the MLS team. I'm guessing the playoffs are based on the MLB's? I'll be making my playoff picks soon...

The playoffs include the winners of each division, plus 2 wildcards per conference. So, yeah, kinda like MLB's. If you think I should tweak it a bit, I would love to hear ideas!

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:38 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

I think this format is fine. Do you plan on expanding the league later? Anyway, my division picks:
-Hurricanes
-Brewers
-Sharks
-Tropics (with ease)

Wild Cards:
-Wizards
-Skyliners
-Blaze
-Krewe

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 12:39 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Did you create all of those stadiums in the game? I'd like to see how the PP stadiums look in OOTP, if that's possible

these uniforms look really nice (especially the coastal division ones)!

yeah that log's dead too- i mean on hiatus (yes that one too) (seriously all of them now lol) (haha unless...?)

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

Second Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 7:46 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

AgentP wrote:
Did you create all of those stadiums in the game? I'd like to see how the PP stadiums look in OOTP, if that's possible

Yes! I had most of them created from another iteration of the ABO I tried to do a year ago, so I had some of the park factors, distances, ball locations, etc. for about half of the parks, making my job just a bit easier. I got some of the other parks from MLB 2K12 (Frederick Meijer Gardens, Bridgestone Park), a user on the OOTP Boards (Sinclair, Superdome, Amazon Prime), MLB: The Show, and of course, MLBPP. All of them look OK in the game, with The Show ones looking the best, mostly because of the angle of the view. I'll see if I can get a few screenshots of the PP stadiums.

And, yes, the uniforms do look really nice. I like selecting good unis for my teams.

"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:02 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Angels
dishnet34 wrote:
AgentP wrote:

Yes! I had most of them created from another iteration of the ABO I tried to do a year ago, so I had some of the park factors, distances, ball locations, etc. for about half of the parks, making my job just a bit easier. I got some of the other parks from MLB 2K12 (Frederick Meijer Gardens, Bridgestone Park), a user on the OOTP Boards (Sinclair, Superdome, Amazon Prime), MLB: The Show, and of course, MLBPP. All of them look OK in the game, with The Show ones looking the best, mostly because of the angle of the view. I'll see if I can get a few screenshots of the PP stadiums.

And, yes, the uniforms do look really nice. I like selecting good unis for my teams.

I thought you made the uniforms via the creator A. online or B. justafan's What are the caps?

Cleveland Browns : The Race For Last Place
2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:35 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Kungfupandacam wrote:
I thought you made the uniforms via the creator A. online or B. justafan's What are the caps?

Nope. All of the uniforms, caps, and logos were created by other OOTP users. I made none of these. They're a lot more talented than me at that stuff. :lol:

Going back to GT's comment about expansion, at this moment, I have no plans on expanding the league at all. Could change in the future, but that's my plan right now.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 10:02 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Angels
I have made some caps, they are not as good, but they are suitable. I will probably try to showcase that in the Retro Hawks log someday.

Cleveland Browns : The Race For Last Place
2018 MLBPP Update

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 11:02 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

ABO SPRING TRAINING

For the past two weeks (in-game), all ABO teams participated in an 18-game Spring Training schedule. Here's the standings, with links to the batting leaders and pitching leaders from Spring. As is usually the case with Spring standings, this may not be reflective on how the season is going to go.

Spring Batting Leaders
Spring Pitching Leaders

The regular season starts today, and I'll post highlights from the first week of regular season games, potentially starting this afternoon, with a singular post detailing the 8 Opening Day games. If you have ideas on how I should do updates, let me know! I'm open to suggestions.

Let the 2016 ABO Season begin, everybody!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:33 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

ABO Opening Day 2016

The sun dawns on the first day of the inaugural season for the ABO, with 8 games, 6 of them interleague contests. Our first game starts in the Pacific Conference, with a contest between...

Hollywood Stars @ San Antonio Sharks

Pitching Matchup: Panas Polovko vs. Morgan Fowles

Summary: Some firsts to start out the summary of this game: the first pitch in ABO history was a strike on the inside corner from Morgan Fowles to the Stars' leadoff man, Bradley Branwell. He eventually struck out on a check swing, becoming the first out in the ABO in 2016. The first hit in ABO history came from the Sharks' LF Jack Allen, a single to center field. He eventually stole second, the first stolen base in the league, but was stranded there. The first run looked like it was going to come in the bottom of the fourth when Sharks 2B Cesar Soqui lined a double down the line with RF Carl Hoover on first, but a great throw from Stars LF Jose Gonzales, coupled with an excellent relay from their SS Zak Day, nailed Hoover at the plate. Soqui eventually did score the first run in ABO History when the Sharks' 1B Harrison Dyke drove him in with a double to left-center field. The first HR in ABO history came from Sharks CF Pirkka Sarasvuo, when he launched one 428 feet out of right-center in Main Street Field to put the Sharks up 2-0 in the bottom of the 5th. They scored 2 more runs that inning to put them up 4-0. Hollywood put up 2 runs in the 6th, with a Robinson Patino RBI triple and a Jose Gonzales sac fly, and after San Antonio scored one in the 7th, they exploded off the Sharks bullpen, with 6 runs in the top of the 8th, all with 2 outs. San Antonio couldn't do anything after that, and the Hollywood Stars win the first game in ABO history.

And now, the results from the other games in the league (because apparently I can't watch them all):

Salt Lake City @ Honolulu

Key West @ Anchorage

Boise @ Orlando

Seattle @ Charleston

Glendale @ Sandusky

San Diego @ Brooklyn

Arlington @ Nashville

An exciting first day in the ABO with many close and come-from-behind wins! A weekly recap is coming out soon with the up-to-date standings after the first week of games!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 3:39 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Pirkka making history!

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2016 4:20 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
This is a really cool log, I like it!

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:37 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

ABO Weekly Recap
April 4-9, 2016

And so, the first official week of the ABO season is in the books, with some surprising finishes and epic games between all the teams who've played this week. Because of the way the schedule is laid out, some teams have had fewer games than others, with some having played all 6 days this week. Here now, are the standings, going division-by-division, with quick recaps of the week's games:

Standings

In the Atlantic Coastal, Orlando is on top after the first week, having swept Boise to begin their year. That exciting series was capped by the Wizards' David Norman delivering a pinch-hit walk-off dinger in the 11th inning at the WWoS Complex. Brooklyn started off strong with a sweep at home against San Diego, but then went to San Antonio and got swept out of the building easily by the Sharks. As for Charleston, they took 2 of 3 from Seattle at home, but went to Boise afterwards and lost all 3 there, with only one game being anywhere near close. Annapolis hasn't played yet, but they start their season this week with 7 games, while Cape Cod (vs. Hollywood) and Key West (@ Anchorage) both got swept in their opening series.

This Week (Division contests bolded):
ANN: 4/10-4/12 vs. NO, 4/13-15 @ CC, 4/16-17 @ ORL (2 of 3)
BRK: 4/10-12 OFF, 4/13-15 vs. CHA, 4/16-17 vs. KW (2 of 3)
CC: 4/10-12 vs. HON, 4/13-15 vs. ANN, 4/16-17 @ LV (2 of 3)
CHA: 4/10-12 OFF, 4/13-15 @ BRK, 4/16-17 @ GLN (2 of 3)
KW: 4/10-12 vs. ORL, 4/13-15 vs. SD, 4/16-17 @ BRK (2 of 3)
ORL: 4/10-12 @ KW, 4/13-15 OFF, 4/16-17 vs. ANN (2 of 3)

Grand Rapids started their season out on Thursday, taking 2 of 3 from Arlington in a very close series. It'll be interesting to see how they fare when they host division rival Kalamazoo, who dropped 2 of 3 to San Diego in their first series. Nashville was consistent in how it played, but not the good kind, dropping 2 of 3 in both of their interleague series against Arlington and Las Vegas. Sandusky faced off with Glendale at home, and lost 2 of 3, but their win was a walk-off homer by Chris Hebert in the bottom of the 9th. Chicagoland and Indianapolis have not played yet, but will start their season this week.

This Week:
CHI: 4/10-12 OFF, 4/13-15 vs. IND, 4/16-17 @ SAN (2 of 3)
GR: 4/10-12 OFF, 4/13-15 vs. KAL, 4/16-17 vs. NSH (2 of 3)
IND: 4/10-12 OFF, 4/13-15 @ CHI. 4/16-17 OFF
KAL: 4/10-12 OFF, 4/13-15 @ GR, 4/16-17 OFF
NSH: 4/10-12 vs. SAN, 4/13-15 OFF, 4/16-17 @ GR (2 of 3)
SAN: 4/10-12 vs. NSH, 4/13-15 @ SLC, 4/16-17 vs. CHI (2 of 3)

Through the first week of the year, one dominant team has started out especially strong. The San Antonio Sharks have started with a 5-1 record, winning their next 5 games after an Opening Day loss to Hollywood. We'll see if they can continue that success when they travel to Salt Lake City. Glendale and Salt Lake City each started out taking 2 of 3 in their respective series against Sandusky and Hollywood. The Copperhead's Pedro Garza attributed for 8 RBIs and 2 HRs in the third game of their series, and is now batting an absurd .714 through their first 3 games. Arlington started out taking 2 of 3 in Nashville, but returning home to see them lose 2 of 3 to the Whitecaps. They don't return home until early May, so it'll be interesting to see how they do on the road the rest of the month. Boise started out by being swept in their first series in Orlando by close margins each time, and then exacting revenge on that with a sweep at home against Charlotte, where 3B Ivan Aviles went berserk, hitting 3 of his now 6 home runs on the season in that series, leading the league in that regard. New Orleans' season started out meh, losing a lackluster 2 out of 3 in Anchorage. Here's how each team's next week plays out:

This Week:
ARL: 4/10-12 OFF, 4/13-15 @ GLN, 4/16-17 @ SA (2 of 3)
BOI: 4/10-12 OFF, 4/13-15 vs. NO, 4/16-17 vs. SLC (2 of 3)
GLN: 4/10-12 OFF, 4/13-15 vs. ARL, 4/16-17 vs. CHA (2 of 3)
NO: 4/10-12 @ ANN, 4/13-15 @ BOI, 4/16-17 vs. HON (2 of 3)
SLC: 4/10-12 vs. SA, 4/13-15 vs. SAN, 4/16-17 @ BOI (2 of 3)
SA: 4/10-12 @ SLC, 4/13-15 OFF, 4/16-17 vs. ARL (2 of 3)

In the PC Coastal, Anchorage has started out strong, with a 5-1 record at home, sweeping Key West, and taking 2 of 3 against New Orleans. They will be on the road the rest of the month. Hollywood has had a bit of a surprising start, sweeping Cape Cod after losing 2 of 3 in their opening series against the Sharks. Las Vegas started out alright, taking 2 of 3 from Nashville on the road, while San Diego rebounded taking 2 of 3 from Kalamazoo after being wept in Brooklyn to start the year. Honolulu's only series this week resulted in losing 2 of 3 to Salt Lake City in reasonably close games, and Seattle dropped 2 of 3 to Charlotte to start their year.

This Week:
ANC: 4/10-12 OFF, 4/13-15 @ HON, 4/16-17 @ SEA (2 of 3)
HOL: 4/10-12 OFF, 4/13-15 vs. LV, 4/16-17 vs. SD (2 of 3)
HON: 4/10-12 @ CC, 4/13-15 vs. ANC, 4/16-17 @ NO (2 of 3)
LV: 4/10-12 OFF, 4/13-15 @ HOL, 4/16-17 vs. CC (2 of 3)
SD: 4/10-12 vs. SEA, 4/13-15 @ KW, 4/16-17 @ HOL (2 of 3)
SEA 4/10-12 @ SD, 4/13-15 OFF, 4/16-17 vs. ANC (2 of 3)

As for Players of the week, I'll probably have to put these updates after the in-game Sundays, and not Saturdays, because of how the POtWs work. The schedules for the next week reflect that. I'll make up for that in the next in-game week.

Do you like these kind of updates? What do you think?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:26 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Astros
I like these updates, but how many games are in a season?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:40 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Tdud123 wrote:
I like these updates, but how many games are in a season?

There are 162 games in a year, I do believe.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next