Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The (K)New Knights | The Second Generation
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:23 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
ah, ichiban. KURAAA, the home run king.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 11:35 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Oooh, a special Kurihara ending. :)

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:33 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
April 1, 2035

18:42

“Well then, I don’t think he needs an introduction, does he…? ...Nah, you know what, he does. Up next is the current all time hits leader, the all time WORLD homerun leader, the all time RBI leader, the holder of the single season homerun record. And although he only retired a few months ago, his presence is already missed. Up next is, in my humble opinion, the best player to ever step foot on the ballfield, your first baseman of twenty years, number thirty four, Masatooooo Kuriharaaaa!”

Kurihara, standing at 188 centimeters [6’2”] and weighing 97 kilograms [215 lbs], is one of the biggest guys of Japanese descent I’ve ever seen. His strategically unkempt hair and goatee combo really seal the deal. He went up to the stage with his 7 year old daughter, Manami, whom he is unbelievably proud of, never shying away from flaunting the pictures he has of her in his wallet. He held her in his arms while he stepped to the mic.

“Hello Kyoto, long time no see, huh?” The crowd erupted. “Hahaha, to be honest, it’s tough to adjust to the thought that I won't be playing baseball anymore. It’s… jarring. But, now I’ve finally got more time for my family. Manami here has been nagging me for a while now, and I can finally make up for all the time that I missed, haha,” he ruffled his daughter’s hair, “God… I can’t even begin… I was a backup catcher until my senior year of high school, and that was something that I was totally alright with, too. Content with doing nothing, since no one had ever bothered giving me a chance. My coach just happened to see me swinging around in a park down the street from my house one day, and he told me that I had talent. Something that I’d never heard before… I… And then, Jack… You took me in without hesitation despite my incredibly small sample size. I… Thank you, Jack. Really.”

“No, Kuri, thank you for all you’ve done. You’ve proven yourself to be a tremendous player. But not only that, you've also proved to be one of the kindest, most humble men I’ve ever met. And that, folks, is something that you don’t usually see. Kurihara, you deserve this. You’re the greatest to ever live.”

Kurihara’s daughter, Manami took his “34” plaque from Jack’s hands and held it tight. Kurihara just stood, tears in his eyes, with a goofy smile plastered onto his face. “Why’re you crying, daddy?”

“I’m just… I’m… I love you, Manami. I love you, Kyoto. I love you…”

Instead of the usual yelling and cheering, the fans instead started clapping. There were some whistles in there too, of course, but this sounded much more reserved and respectful. Kurihara really made the team, pretty much carrying it on his back until Fukuchi, Zenigata and Shimozono picked up the slack. And he never complained, instead embracing his role, and doing all in his power to psych up the people around him to play at the top of their game, wherever that may lie. Kurihara is a great man, and an even greater player. I’m a bit jealous, if I’m being completely honest, heheh.

KURIHARA
AGE, YEARS PRO, GAMES PLAYED, HITS, AVG, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI
38, 20 years, 2804 games, 3819 hits, .342, 676 doubles, 47 triples, 1008 HR, 3166 RBI
(Most career hits all time, most single season homeruns with 63, most homeruns all time, 4th best career batting average all time, most career RBI all time [younger Kurihara has 2nd most :} ], most runs scored all time, 6th most doubles all time)

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:59 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Wow! 1,008 dingers is impressive to say the least! :P

Kurihara is a legend. :)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:16 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Console '08: Wii and PS2
Did Kuri not contemplate playing in the MLB?

Are you saying it's wrong to talk to a bag of Skittles? Because if so, I'm going to need to rethink a lot of things. :P
BrewersFuzz wrote:
Powerprosfan31 wrote:
What do twelve year olds do with girlfriends?
Give them ringpops and let them cut up to their spot in line during lunch.
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 2017 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS mutha *(censored)*!
Dishnetkid is a heretic who must be burned

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:24 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

SkittleMonster wrote:
Did Kuri not contemplate playing in the MLB?

That's a valid point. For the sake of the log I'm glad he didn't, but irl, I would imagine he would have sold out and left for America...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:52 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Kuri's a loyal Japan-er

I would assume it was contemplated tho

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:58 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

this has been going on for six days and I didn't even notice?!?!?!?!

oops

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:04 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Tigers
maccrash21 wrote:

oops

You were too busy showing off how hipster you are in the music thread.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:31 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

detroittigers15 wrote:
maccrash21 wrote:

oops

You were too busy showing off how hipster you are in the music thread.

:lol:

So you're going to be playing games and stuff again, right? Just with a different team of Knights?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:17 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Of course, BooCrew, I shall

Also, update t-minus 5 mins

Also also, wowwwww mattykins :'(((

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 1:32 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

April 1, 2035

18:50

“...Moving on, up next we’ve got someone that I, stupidly, got rid of after 3 years. Despite only spending 4 of his 20 years in Kyoto, his presence was undoubtedly strong. His incredible physical strength along with his incredible bat control landed this stud atop many leaderboards, and his move to the Hawks only made him better. Plus, even though he only played a handful of games at first base, he showed off his glove plenty. Join me in welcoming your DH of 4 very strong years, number forty nine, Takuyaaaa Kanaaazawaaaa!”

Kanazawa trudged up to the stage and took the mic reluctantly.

“W… Why am I getting one, Jack? Everyone else here has done so much more than I have for the team. I… What did I do to deserve this?” Kanazawa turned directly to Jack. It was true, though, Kanazawa wasn’t on the team for very long, though he definitely was a super important part of it, nonetheless. He and Kurihara were the most feared 3-4 combo in the league.

“Come on, now, Kanazawa. What’re you talking about? Even though you were only here for a short while, you deserve this just as much as everyone else. Your bat struck fear in the heart of the opposition, plus you were always so kind to the team and the city. Takuya… You deserve this.”

“I don… Thank you, Allen. Thank you for the opportunity to play, and thank you for giving me a chance.”

“Of course, Takuya.”

KANAZAWA
AGE, YEARS PRO, GAMES PLAYED, HITS, AVG, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI
38, 20 years, 2704 games, 3134 hits, .313, 522 doubles, 41 triples, 801 HR, 2328 RBI
(5th most career homeruns all time, 6th most career RBI all time)

Kanazawa walked back to his chair and was patted on the back by Shimozono who was sat to the right of him.

“Next up,” Jack reclaimed the mic, “I’d like to call someone who left us in his prime, opting to go to the Giants in 2024, this catcher/outfielder hybrid proved something fierce. He completely destroyed the scouting report of ‘maybe he’ll bat .250 with a half dozen homeruns, don’t expect much else.’ Akitaka Shimozono ended up batting above .300 in more than half of his playing years, and come 2018, he averaged about 35 homeruns a season. So, yeah, I would say we got that one wrong, hahaha. Even though he left us, let’s give a nice welcome back to your stonewall catcher of ten years, number fifty three, Akitakaaaa Shimooozonoooo!”

Shimozono walked up with a huge smile on his face and a jolly gait. He took the microphone, “It’s great to be back here in Kyoto. The fresh cut grass, the outside air… It’s just something you can’t get in a dome. I wish I didn’t have to leave, but…” He turned to Jack, “there were such promising catchers here. I didn’t want to take their chance of making it big! The Giants reached out to me, saying they were in dire need of help, and… And of course I obliged, I had to. The kids that we had here, they were truly incredible. I didn’t want to be selfish and steal their chance away… I hope that… I hope that you can forgive me for leaving.” The crowd broke out in cheer once again, “Thank you everyone.”

W/ KNIGHTS
YEARS, GAMES PLAYED, AVG, 2B, 3B, HR, RBI
10 years, 1335 games played, .318, 326 doubles, 32 triples, 254 HR, 1009 RBI

Shimozono took his “53” plaque from Jack and took his seat.

“Alright.” Jack took the mic, “Last and most certainly not least, we’ve got the strangely numbered relief man, Yoshio Fujii. He revolutionized the set-up role, making it his mission to hand the ball to our closer with the lead still in tact. Now, of course, that’s not all he did. He filled whatever role was asked of him, even ending up as a starter for a few seasons. Now, if you could please welcome to the stage, number ninety one, Yoshiooooo Fujiiiiiiii!”

Fujii walked up, taking proud steps.

He moved his mouth to the mic, “Thanks, Jack. I really hope that what I have done… No, what the team did… Is able to make my family say that they’re proud of me and my accomplishments. Because I sure know that I am. I--” Fujii suddenly stopped talking as a yell was heard.

“....e c...n…” … “We…. ca….” … “WE CAAAAAAAN!” A man who looked to be in his 70s with a woman just as old next to him yelled from seats on the first base side… They seemed to be Fujii’s parents.

Fujii’s eyes waterfalled. “...Thank you… Thank you so very much.” Fujii took his “91” plaque from a smiling Jack and walked back to his seat with his head down, crying all the while. He was met with a hug from Shimozono.

FUJII
AGE, YEARS PRO, ERA, INNINGS, STRIKEOUTS, WINS-LOSES, SAVES
38, 20 years, 3.15, 1719.1 IP, 1446 strikeouts, 147 wins-38 loses, 87 saves

Jack wiped his eyes, “What a beautiful thing…” He stepped away from the mic to take a breath. “I’d like to thank you all for the warm welcome back. It was really something… My travels in Japan. Had it not been for that murder charge… Who knows what would’ve happened. Kyoto, all you players, Mr. Kanegi… Hideo… Keep everyone in line… Make sure that Kyoto will be a baseball powerhouse for years to come. Make sure that baseball shall forever reign supreme! And most of all, make sure that you maintain your love for baseball. Always remember why you play, or why you manage, or why you watch. Baseball isn’t just some sport… No. It’s life. Baseball is life.
…Thank you for everything, Kyoto. You’ve been great to me. Thank you!” Jack gave a big wave, grabbed the black bags that were on the stage that held all the plaques, and walked off to an enormous cheer. The Knights’ fan song then started playing from our resident drummers set up in the right-center field patio. Balloons were launched. Fireworks were set off. It was all pretty surreal.

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:05 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

April 1, 2035

19:18

“Ah! Mr. Allen!” I yelled to get Jack’s attention before he entered his old office, which was now Laisei’s. He turned around.

...And said nothing.

“Wait a second…” He rubbed his now slightly bearded chin, “I feel like I’ve seen you before.”
“We’ve met only once before, Mr. All-”
“Jack.”
“Er, right, Jack. Yeah, we’ve only met once before.”
“And when was that?”
“You greeted me personally at the first ballgame I ever went to, Jack.”
“Oh my god! Azuma?! Ryu Azuma?! Well, goddamn, you’re all grown up. Jesus, last time I saw you, you were what? 12?”
“11.”
“Man. How the years have flew by. What’re you doing here, kiddo?”
“I’m the manager of the new 2nd string Knights affiliate, the Asuka Archers.”
“Ho-ly crap, kiddo. You’re big time now, huh?”
“Haha, not yet. I’ve only managed for a year now, and I still haven’t reached my goal of making it to the pros.”
“How’d you guys do?”
“A first place finish. Not too shabby, if I do say so myself.”
“Wow. That’s pretty impressive.” Jack checked his watch, “Listen, Ryu, it’s been awesome seeing you again, and all grown up, haha. I’m sure you’ll make an excellent manager someday, kiddo. No, I know you will. Leading a team to a first place finish in your first year is no small feat, regardless of the level of play. I’m proud of you, kiddo.”
“...Thanks, Jack… It means a lot, especially coming from one of the best.”
“Hahaha, I wouldn’t call myself that. Hey,” Jack outstretched his hand, “may we meet again.”

I shook his hand, “Absolutely.”

Jack checked out the (non-existent) changes Laisei made to his office, waved to me one more time, and rushed out the secret back door, avoiding all the press folks waiting out front.
My name is Ryu Azuma. After high school, I came to the tough realization that I wasn’t cut out to fulfill my dream of playing baseball professionally. But after some deep thinking, I changed my life’s mission. I will become an NPB manager, and I will guide my team to a Championship Banner. I may only be a greenhorn manager of a minor league team, but I’ve still got plenty of time. One must never lose sight of their dream, and I sure as hell won’t!

“...uh, Ryu? What are you doing?”

Laisei tapped my shoulder.
…It seemed that I was in a pose with my arm stretched upwards.
“Oh, uh, n-nothing, s-sir.”
He gave me a quizzical look, “...Rrrright, okay. Hey, the game’s starting soon, you’d better get to your seat if you don’t want to miss anything.”
“Oh, shoot!” I really need to keep better track of time...

The Knights are playing an absolute embarrassment of a team for their opener, the Osaka Foxes, who are fairly new, being instated 10 years ago after the big NPB overhaul. The one which completely removed the Lions and the Swallows, while replacing the Carp, Tigers, Buffaloes and Hawks with the Sendai Sakura, Niigata Toki, Osaka Foxes, and Fukushima Bears, respectively.

The Foxes haven’t fared so well… Burning through 5 managers in their 10 years. Plus, their star player Shinpei Sato severely injured his leg in a collision with their right fielder, Tadahiko Suzuki, otherwise known as “The Least Liked Player in the League.” He still hasn’t apologized. On the plus side, though, they have a promising third baseman starting this year, Taiji Izumi. Maybe someday the Foxes will be able to turn things around…

Oh well, the Knights are back baby, and they’re as ready as ever!

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 11:15 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Yay! Knights are back! :)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:21 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

April 1, 2036

19:26

I made a stop by Nomoto's office before I went to my seat.

Well... I should say I snuck in.

On his desk were his little dossiers on each of the players on the roster. He's got some interesting things to say about everyone, along with letter grades for each part of their game.

Catchers:

Takuji Ootake, #43
AGE, 2ND POSTION, B/T, TRJ, CON, POW, RUN, ARM, FLD, E RES
25, 1B, L/R, 4, E, A, F, A, D, D
Actually the DH, and is a major asshole. Thinks he’s the best ever. Kurihara can’t stand him

Teruyoshi Sai, #57
21, N/A, L/R, 2, E, F, D, A, A, A
Run-of-the-mill defensive specialist catcher

Tsuyoshi Sato, #2
18, N/A, R/R, 3, B, B, E, A, B, C
By the books, no nonsense kinda guy. He’s very good though.

First Basemen:

Kinji Oka, #17
19, N/A, L/L, 3, C, D, C, D, A, C
An average young’un. Plays first very competently, and can knock one out occasionally too

Yuuhei Wada, #33
35, N/A, R/R, 2, C, F, D, F, A, C
An older chap who knows how to play first. Lost his starting bid when Oka got called up in 2034

Second Basemen:

Jun-Seo Ji, #52
26, SS, R/R, 2, B, D, B, D, B, B
Always fired up, Ji does second base justice. He hits for contact, and can lay down a mean bunt

Katsuya Hirano, #23
27, SS/3B, R/R, 2, D, D, B, B, B, A
He is always fighting for his starting bid, but he’s a little lazy

Third Basemen:

Yuichiro Tajima, #16
18, 1B, L/R, 2, A, D, B, B, B, C
Contact is his thing, he’s too small to hit for power, but he’s still able to get solid wood on the ball usually

Koushuu Yoshii, #61
19, SS/2B, S/R, 2, C, F, C, B, D, D
He’s just not there yet. Still chills on the NPB roster though, since he’s pretty okay

Shortstops:

Saita Oyama, #26
28, 2B, L/R, 2, E, E, B, C, C, D
He's our only option. Plays competnetly. He’s incredibly chilled

Outfielders:

Hiroyuki Fujioka – LF, #51
26, 1B/OF, R/R, 3, A, C, C, A, D, C
Arguably the best player on the team, he’s always leading in average, and can knock quite a few out. Excellent run producer. Reserved and revered.

Takeshi Inoue – LF, #63
26, OF, L/L, 1, C, F, A, D, D, D
He’s an excellent pinch runner and a great leadoff hitter.

Tabito Chiba – CF, #64
31, OF, R/R, 2, F, D, D, C, A, C
He’s an excellent defensive replacement

After looking them over, I made my way to my seat. It'll be nice to see the Knights back in action.

Money can't buy life

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next