Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:51 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mike Costanzo Log 3rd/1st/C
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 9:03 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
motorox8 wrote:
That is true but on OPENING DAY!! You never know though.

Opening day vs. Closing day? An at-bat's an at-bat. Doesn't matter, we're getting off-topic. i'll get an update soon.

Mike
He's a real player that DrMario made for me.

This is my friend's forum from school.
http://jplaz.com/ I'm catcher51 there, too.

R.I.P. Harry Kalas 1936-2009 "It's outta here!"
R.I.P Jim Johnson 1941-2009 Blitz (need i say more?)

"I'm a dishonest man, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you have to watch out for. Because you never know when they're going to do something stupid."
Jack Sparrow
. Pirates of the Caribbean and the Curse of the Black Pearl.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:36 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

April 2008
Oh yeah! Man, the phills have started at the top of their game so far this year, myself included. We've "Exploded right from opening day," as Mia says. We are currently in first place with a 19-9 record on the month. I've batted .640 with 32 Homers and 49 RBIs*. However, jsut as the month was winding down, the Manager told me i was being scouted. Looks like opposing teams are starting to up the anti on me now that i've proved myself. i've also meet a woman named Emily when me and Oakley went out to lunch. She's a cute, blond waitress that works at a local restuarant. I started going out with her alot, and on the 25th, she asked me to prove my love to her in a game. Well, i did, and now she's agreed to go steady with me! I'm so excited about this. I've thought carefully, and i've dedcided that i'm goign to ask her to marry me. I wonder what type of housig and such she would look for to say yes*? Other than that, i've been golfing a good bit, and i meet an agent named Joshua on another of mine and Oakley's outings. Maybe we should go to lunch more often! :lol: Anyway, i'm looking forward to a great season.

Side Notes:
*I know these #'s are nowhere neat realistic. i had figured on being scouted at least once in the first week, twice in the month. The #'s will get more realistic if i get scouted more. If not, i'll ramp up th difficulty
*Seriously, what are Emma's marriage requirments?

Mike

"I'm a dishonest man, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you have to watch out for. Because you never know when they're going to do something stupid."
Jack Sparrow

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:36 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

April 2008
Oh yeah! Man, the phills have started at the top of their game so far this year, myself included. We've "Exploded right from opening day," as Mia says. We are currently in first place with a 19-9 record on the month. I've batted .687 with 29 Homers and 49 RBIs*. However, just as the month was winding down, the Manager told me i was being scouted. Looks like opposing teams are starting to up the anti on me now that I've proved myself. I've also meet a woman named Emily when me and Oakley went out to lunch. She's a cute, blond waitress that works at a local restaurant. I started going out with her a lot, and on the 25th, she asked me to prove my love to her in a game. Well, i did, and now she's agreed to go steady with me! I'm so excited about this. I've thought carefully, and I've decided that I'm going to ask her to marry me. I wonder what type of housing and such she would look for to say yes*?
I even took home both Fielder and Rookie of the Month! Other than that, I've been golfing a good bit, and i meet an agent named Joshua on another of mine and Oakley's outings. Maybe we should go to lunch more often! :lol: Anyway, I'm looking forward to a great season.

Side Notes:
*I know these #'s are nowhere near realistic. i had figured on being scouted at least once in the first week, twice in the month. The #'s will get more realistic as i get scouted more. If not, i'll ramp up th difficulty.

Mike

Jack Sparrow

Last edited by catcher51 on Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:54 pm 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Sony PS2
catcher51 wrote:
April 2008
Oh yeah! Man, the phills have started at the top of their game so far this year, myself included. We've "Exploded right from opening day," as Mia says. We are currently in first place with a 19-9 record on the month. I've batted .640 with 32 Homers and 49 RBIs*. However, just as the month was winding down, the Manager told me i was being scouted. Looks like opposing teams are starting to up the anti on me now that I've proved myself. I've also meet a woman named Emily when me and Oakley went out to lunch. She's a cute, blond waitress that works at a local restaurant. I started going out with her a lot, and on the 25th, she asked me to prove my love to her in a game. Well, i did, and now she's agreed to go steady with me! I'm so excited about this. I've thought carefully, and I've decided that I'm going to ask her to marry me. I wonder what type of housing and such she would look for to say yes*? Other than that, I've been golfing a good bit, and i meet an agent named Joshua on another of mine and Oakley's outings. Maybe we should go to lunch more often! :lol: Anyway, I'm looking forward to a great season.

Side Notes:
*I know these #'s are nowhere near realistic. i had figured on being scouted at least once in the first week, twice in the month. The #'s will get more realistic as i get scouted more. If not, i'll ramp up th difficulty.

:shock: Talk about a month :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:46 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

motorox8 wrote:
catcher51 wrote:
April 2008
Oh yeah! Man, the phills have started at the top of their game so far this year, myself included. We've "Exploded right from opening day," as Mia says. We are currently in first place with a 19-9 record on the month. I've batted .640 with 32 Homers and 49 RBIs*. However, just as the month was winding down, the Manager told me i was being scouted. Looks like opposing teams are starting to up the anti on me now that I've proved myself. I've also meet a woman named Emily when me and Oakley went out to lunch. She's a cute, blond waitress that works at a local restaurant. I started going out with her a lot, and on the 25th, she asked me to prove my love to her in a game. Well, i did, and now she's agreed to go steady with me! I'm so excited about this. I've thought carefully, and I've decided that I'm going to ask her to marry me. I wonder what type of housing and such she would look for to say yes*? Other than that, I've been golfing a good bit, and i meet an agent named Joshua on another of mine and Oakley's outings. Maybe we should go to lunch more often! :lol: Anyway, I'm looking forward to a great season.

Side Notes:

:shock: Talk about a month :shock:

Yeah, but expect it to cool down. And i actually accidentally turned my wii off before i got a cahnce to save on the last week or so, and i got pretty much everything the same, right down to the record and when i got steady with Emily. Just the hitting stats, and that i added a few awards, changed.
Edit: could a mode please delete the first of the double posts? It won't let me. Thanks

Mike

Jack Sparrow

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 8:53 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Pirates
Console '08: Wii and DS
umm... you posted April twice...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:11 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

apple4960 wrote:
umm... you posted April twice...

I know. i asked a mod to delete it in the edit.

Mike

Jack Sparrow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:17 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

May 2008
Wow, we have continued our good play through May with a 20-9 record and remain in 1st place. I once again claimed Player and Rookie of the Month. I also talked to Pat "the Bat" Burrell about an endorsement deal with a baseball equipment company, the next day, i talked to him, and they are willing to give me up to 6 pieces of equipment per year in any color i want! Woohoo! I'm hitting .600 on the dot, with 47 homers and 98 RBIs this year. It must be grabbing the interest of other teams, because the manager informed me that other teams had started to scout me again. I've been mostly golfing, with a lunch or chess with Matthew thrown in here or there. Also, a huge move has been made. The Tigers traded Brandon Inge to the Yanks for Mike Mussina :shock: ! Also, the All-Star votes came in, and I'm ahead of Chris Syndor by a mile.
June 2008
Another good month, we had a 22-4 record and are still in first. On the 9th, i met an agent named Darryl King. He is apparently the best agent in town, so I've started to talk to him a lot. I'm leading the all-star vote by about 1,200,000 votes at the catcher position. I'll talk about that in a sec. I'm hitting .591 with 82 homers and 168 RBIs. I took home Player and Rookie of the Month again. We drafted a pitcher named Marte and a 2nd baseman named Lizarrge. i talked to the Marte. He should be able to help the team alot in the years to come. The all-star votes came in twice more, and i was leading them by a ton both times. But i'm the catcher. This is an issue i'm having. Most people wouldn't care about their postion when they are putting up numbers like mine. i'm easily on pace to win the triple crown, teams have started to sout me now more than ever, but something is missing. I'm the catcher. I have always been a catcher and 1st basmen secondarily. 3rd is my home. It doesn't feel the same being behind the plate. Do i like it? Absolutley. I would even go so far as to say that i am good. But 3rd is where i belong. In other news, Johan Santanna got traded to chicago for Aramis Ramirez :?: :shock:

Mike

Jack Sparrow

Last edited by catcher51 on Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:22 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: White Sox
Whoa, how can you have a second position?? I need to know, i want to make a catcher/shortstop, like me in real life!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:23 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

theppman wrote:
Whoa, how can you have a second position?? I need to know, i want to make a catcher/shortstop, like me in real life!

success mode player DrMario made for me. sorry, you can't acquire second postions in life mode.

Mike

Jack Sparrow

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:29 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: White Sox
oh, ok that sucks :(

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2008 10:59 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

July 2008
Another great month, we finished with an 18-7 record and remained in first place. I won the All-Star vote by about 4 million, and went 1-3 in the game. However, the NL lost 7-1. Darn Pitchers that never have to hit...-lol-. I also met an agent named Jacob, but i'm pretty set in using Darryl, so i'm not worrying about him. Big news:
I'm getting married!. Yup. this month, i took Emily out to the steakhouse jsut after i bought a nice new house and a ring. She said i could ask her anything if i did well. I did, and i proposed. She said yes! I'm so excited to be married this off-season. I also took home Rookie and Hitter if the Month.

Mike

Jack Sparrow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 7:02 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

August 2008
We are on fire! Still in first with a 25-4 record on the month, we can't be stopped. I hit my 100th career HR on the 5th, and my 150th on the 28th. Teams are really starting to take notice, because I'm getting scouted again. While i did take home Player and Rookie of the Month again, i was injured on the 31st, looking at 6 days to heal. Oh well, should give a call-up a chance to play a little. Wonder if my position is in danger.-lol-

Mike

Jack Sparrow

Last edited by catcher51 on Sun Dec 14, 2008 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:34 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Pirates
Console '08: Wii and DS
I do not think you are at risk catcher.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:44 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

apple4960 wrote:
I do not think you are at risk catcher.

Uh, do you mean losing my position. Because, i was joking, and that won't happen. Or do you mean for injury? Becuase, it's just a 6-day injury, nothing major. The reason i'm makinh him not like catching is because he is a 3rd baseman. I'm just using it as a storyline.

Mike

Jack Sparrow

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next