Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Posting:

* Individual players should be in their own thread, with the full name of the player and position(s) in the title. Don't add superlatives or any other shout outs to it... we will see your guys...
* If you post a team or a set of players, add players by editing your starting post so they're all in the same post. A bump to announce the edit is appropriate.
* Posting images are fine, provided they are small in dimension and data. 800x600 and ~50Kb should be the biggest you can post inline (using the [IMG] tag), anything larger, post a link or a clickable thumbnail instead.
* If you have wiki rights, add your player(s) and team(s) there as well!
-->

Post subject: Michael Brantley - LF/CF - Indians/Brewers - Wii (COMPLETE)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:59 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
I saw AOW's latest post about what players need to be done, and I saw Tiger Killer Michael Brantley on the list, so I figured I should give him a shot.

Brantley, believe it or not, was a finalist for MVP this year, with a solid 20/20 season. So, here's what I'm thinking with abilities for Brantley, annotated:

B/T: L/L
Birthdate/Age: 5/15/87, so about 20 years old at the start of the 2008 season. Should avoid any problems with birth years being wrong.
Position: LF/CF

TRJ: 2 (however, 3 is not out of the realm of possibility; his HR numbers have creeped up lately, may just go with 3.)
CON: High D - Low C (career .289 hitter in the bigs, but hit .327 this past year)
PWR: Low-Mid C (HR totals 2010-14: 3, 7, 6, 10, 20. High D might not be out of the realm of possibility, either)
RUN: C (consistently in double-digits in steals, but not enough, IMO, to warrant a B)
ARM: High C - Low B (has a pretty good arm, made double-digit assists past couple of years, however, those have not been consistent)
FLD: B (good range in OF, consistently above-average)
E-RES: B (653 games in LF, only 8 errors in his career)

For abilities, Clutch Hit 4 might be a possibility, since his numbers W/RISP is a cool .330/.400/.452 in 678 PAs career. Career numbers with just men on base are slightly below that, but still good: .320/.379/.441 in 1171 PAs.

Other idea for abilities: Throwing 4

How does it look so far? Anything anyone would like to add? Your opinions on abilities? Let me know.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

Post subject: Re: Michael Brantley - LF/CF - Indians - Wii (PLANNING)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:51 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Orioles
Console '07: Sony PS2
Console '08: Sony PS2
Maybe first ball hitter?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:09 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: Pirates
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
i think you should have him as trj 3 and contact defenitly a low C, cause his hitting could have been a fluke last year

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:18 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

robhallett wrote:
Maybe first ball hitter?

I can agree with this. .363/.365/.530 (!) on the first pitch in his career? Holy frijoles.

The King wrote:
i think you should have him as trj 3 and contact defenitly a low C, cause his hitting could have been a fluke last year

Low C is definitely where I'm leaning toward.

So, the ability list I have right now:
Clutch Hit 4
Throwing 4
Firstball Hitter

That should be pretty easy.

"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

PostPosted: Sat Nov 22, 2014 11:25 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Sorry to DP, but I was looking, and he was with the Brewers' AA team for the entirety of 2008, and then with Cleveland's farm system in 2009. So, should I make him a Brewer, since that's where he was in 08, or an Indian, since that's where he was from '09 on?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:10 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Brewers
Console '07: Don't Own
I'd say the Indians because that's where he is now and you are updating the roster to what it is now... However I would wait for alloutwar's opinion because he is very picky about these guys.

Inaugural Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:01 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Haha the team you make him doesn't really matter, it never shows up anywhere as far as I know.

When I start up a 2008 season I will put him on the brewers, since that's where he was prior to being traded for CC Sabathia.

Ill review the stat stuff today!

Expansion Mode Challenge!
2008 Real-Life players from Success Mode - Please assist if you have the time!!
Older/dead logs:
Let the Fielders pitch! New log
MLB Life Mode log - OF Ryan Evert, Athletics
Honolulu Heroes Season Log - real-life players join a scrub team! Find out how they do in the AL West!

Post subject: Re: Michael Brantley - LF/CF - Indians/Brewers - Wii (PLANNI
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:01 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
So here's my thoughts on stats - I always err on the side of caution so these guys don't dominate in 2008, but its up to you:

Contact - he's been all over the map, from .246 in a half season to .327 as his high mark last season, but yeah .289 average total which is a 9 on aar0nat0r's scale. Leaving it as a 9, then making a last minute decision to bump it up to 10 based on blues is how I would roll. If you have first pitch, clutch 4, and another like hot hitter (pro tip; never get Sittch right more than 3 times on the shell games to avoid that) then leave it at 9, its plenty. His strikeout numbers are pretty low tho...so a tough out or patient hitter might be good?

Power - his 20-HR season last year looks like an extreme outlier, as he's had 46 in 2838 PAs, or 2579 ABs. A guy that homers 1.7% of the time for his career, and has only hit 10 or more twice...that's a VERY low C at best. He does hit a ton of doubles, but speed is a factor there too...so yeah I'd be on the mid-D to cusp-of-C range.

Run speed of C works - double digit steals, but never passed 17 until this year, so 11 seems fine.

Arm - I'd top out at high C, those assist numbers are new and he isn't great at holding guys.
Fielding - the advanced B-R stats all have him as negatives in CF, but some show positives in LF. So please - make him a LF'er, with CF as the second position? He's done almost equal time in both, but he's a much better LFer. fangraphs is mostly negative on his fielding too, so I'd aim for D, maybe C if you think he's better out there. B would be too good for what I'm seeing I think.
E Res - B works fine for me, 8 errors career

Expansion Mode Challenge!
2008 Real-Life players from Success Mode - Please assist if you have the time!!
Older/dead logs:
Let the Fielders pitch! New log
MLB Life Mode log - OF Ryan Evert, Athletics
Honolulu Heroes Season Log - real-life players join a scrub team! Find out how they do in the AL West!

Post subject: Re: Michael Brantley - LF/CF - Indians/Brewers - Wii (PLANNI
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 1:44 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

I agree with that. I'll probably keep Throwing 4, and Tough Out might be a possibility as well.

FLD, I'll probably bump it to a C. Contact, I think I like it better as a High D, in all honesty. I'll see what I can do.

Thanks for the help, everybody. I'll see if I can work a little bit on him today.

Post subject: Re: Michael Brantley - LF/CF - Indians/Brewers - Wii (COMPLE
PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:30 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

He's done! Here's how he turned out:

Positions: LF/CF
Uni: #23
Birthdate: 5/15/1987 (20 years old)
Team: Brewers
B/T: L/L

TRJ: 3
CON: D 9
PWR: D 112
RUN: C 11
ARM: C 10
FLD: C 11 (almost a bit too high, but it should work)
E-RES: B 12

Clutch Hit 4
Firstball Hitter
Hot Hitter
(got this one riiiight at the end, darn it)
Throwing 4

Password:
Attachment:
CAM00205.jpg
CAM00205.jpg [ 91.21 KiB | Viewed 3496 times ]

Enjoy!