Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Posting:

* Individual players should be in their own thread, with the full name of the player and position(s) in the title. Don't add superlatives or any other shout outs to it... we will see your guys...
* If you post a team or a set of players, add players by editing your starting post so they're all in the same post. A bump to announce the edit is appropriate.
* Posting images are fine, provided they are small in dimension and data. 800x600 and ~50Kb should be the biggest you can post inline (using the [IMG] tag), anything larger, post a link or a clickable thumbnail instead.
* If you have wiki rights, add your player(s) and team(s) there as well!
-->

Post subject: All My Players in MLBPP 2008 [Pitchers]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:35 pm 
Rookie
Rookie

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
I've been lurking on this forum for several years now, and I finally decided to post some of my players that I've made in Success Mode over the looong period of time that I've had the game. I like making pitchers a lot more than hitters, so I decided to post them first.
Here we go:
1. Alexander (#89, Starter/Long Reliever/Swing Man)
One of my earlier pitchers. Not very many blue abilities, low velocity, and low level breaking balls. His original pitch "Macedonia" is interesting though.
2. Canada (#29, Starter)
Another early pitcher, but one that ended up with a lot of blue abilities. The knuckler/original curve combo is very good for getting strikeouts. Stamina is a bit low but overall a pretty good starting pitcher.
3. Aoi (#01, Starter)
Based off Pawapuro female pitcher Aoi Hayakawa, Aoi is a submarine pitcher whose original sinker "Marine Ball" is killer. Aoi is also one of only two of my pitchers to get Intimidator. Ridiculous amounts of strikeouts, low stamina, great breaking balls.
4. Scott (#99, Closer)
My closer. The 4th fastest throwing pitcher I've made, but almost no blue abilities at all, and his only good breaking pitch is his original curve "TS". Still, a closer doesn't really need a huge arsenal of pitches (see: Mariano Rivera), and his fastball is good enough to get by on.
5. Mars (#18, Closer/Set-Up Man, 3-Quarters R/R)
My closer until I made Scott. HIs velocity is okay and he has Dr. K, but what makes him unique is Gyroball and Hot Head. His breaking pitches are nothing to write home about, and he is one of my only pitchers to not have an original pitch, seeing as he was based off a player I made in MLBPP 2007, which made it very hard to make original pitches. Overall, not effective enough to be a closer, but a good set-up man.
6. Antonio (#24, Reliever, 3-Quarters R/R)
One of the only pitchers I started making with the intention of making a reliever. Like Mars, his velocity is in the low 90s, his breaking balls are meh (though he, unlike Mars has an original sinker), and he has the ability Hot Head. Whenever I use him in Season he tends to do poorly, but on paper he's a usable reliever.
7. King (#1, Starter, Submarine R/R)
My first really good starter. His velocity is good enough, he has a good amount of abilities, including Dr. K and Battler, and his original sinker "Excalibur" and his wicked drop curve get him lots of strikeouts. Also, I've noticed that batters in simulation modes have much more trouble with my submarine pitchers than any of my others. Not sure how much that means though.
8. Alvin (#13, Starter/Long Reliever, 3-Quarters R/R)
Basically Alvin from Success 2007, but better. His control and stamina are exactly the same as Alvin's, and he has all the same pitches, including an improved Lvl 4 mirage knuckler, but he has a ridiculous amount of blue abilities (Fastball Life, Spin, Release, Dr. K, Battler, Intimidator) and his velocity is higher. I call him Alvin Lockhart Jr. On a side note, getting Sandbag as one of his abilities was the most tedious experience I've ever had in Success Mode (>4 hours of reloading Joey's 2nd random event), but extremely satisfying to get.
9. Okita (#11, Starter, Sidearm R/R)
Arguably the best pitcher I've made. His fastball hits 100 mph, he has the highest control I've reached (B 166), and he can pitch forever (Stamina: A 212). The combination of his fastball, his palmball, and his Lvl 5 original curve "Shinsegumi" gets so many strikeouts it's unfair. The only flaw is that even with all his blue abilities, he doesn't have Dr. K. Regardless he's really, really overpowering in Season Mode.
10. Kaoru (#5, Starter, Overhand S/R)
A solid starting pitcher. His fastball is fast enough to use and he has a good range of blue abilities, including Dr.K/Battler that help him out. His best pitch is his Lvl 5 original changeup "Vulcan Change", which is terrific at fooling batters, and his Lvl 3 knuckle curve is a good backup pitch. He DOMINATES in simulations for some reason, despite not being anything that special. Nothing especially unique, just a very well-rounded guy.
11. Sakuraba (#11, Starter, 3-Quarters L/R)
This guy is easily the best strikeout pitcher I have ever made. He hits 95 on his fastball, he has a ton of blue abilities, and his breakers are top notch. His original splitter "Hanami" just drops out of sight at the plate, and his Lvl 5 slow curve fools something like 80% of the batters I use it on, while his palmball is a decent pitch that can be used to fool a batter expecting one of the other two. Unfortunately for this Sakuraba, I spent a couple years in My Life with him and improved pretty much everything, so there's no real reason to use this one unless you don't like My Life pitchers.
12. Black Hole (#00, Starter/Closer, Submarine R/L)
This guy was originally supposed to be much worse. He started as a closer, but after I got a Gambler's Ring from a Surprise Bag, I just decided to make him as good as I could. He's the second fastest thrower I've made, and coming off a submarine delivery that fastball is scary. A good mix of abilities, though sadly no Dr. K, including Groundball Pitcher, and his breaking balls are solid. He has a good forkball, and his original sinker "Big Bang" moves like crazy across the plate (one of the only times I've chosen the "sharply rising" improvement) to strikeout batters. My starting rotation is pretty crowded, but this guy's stats aren't really in line with a closer's, so I use him as a reliever. Oh well.
13. Sakuraba pt. 2 (#80, Starter, 3-Quarters L/R)
Not much to say here. Fastball went up to 97 mph, slow curve now Lvl 6, palmball now Lvl 4. His control is the bare minimum requirement for a B and his stamina increased a bit, and he also gained a couple blue abilities. This all adds up to mean that he DESTROYS in simulations. He went like 21-2 with an 1.55 ERA and 312 strikeouts last season I simulated. Possibly the best pitcher I have.
14. Yukimura (#10, Starter/Closer, Overhand S/R)
gotta go fast
This guy is the fastest throwing pitcher I've made. He's not just a one-tool pitcher though. Like Black Hole he was supposed to be a closer, but I got Good Sense from a Sittch event and just went with it. His fastball is good, obviously, and he's got blue abilities, though no Dr. K. I also spent something like 3-4 hours resetting to try and get Shuuto Spin, which was less than fun, but it eventually paid off, so he's got that too. His breaking balls are interesting; a screwball isn't really a good pitch, so even a Lvl 7 original screwball ("Frostbite") isn't that overpowering, but a Lvl 1 knuckler is surprisingly good at fooling batters. He looks like a starter on paper, but I usually use him as a long reliever because of how loaded the role is.
15. Queen (#2, Starter, Sidearm R/R)
My most recent pitcher. I originally wanted him to get Gyroball, but messed up Patty's events and failed to get anything. He hits 96 mph and has Gd Delivery and Lucky, but not many other blue abilities. His original pitch is a more sharply breaking Vertical Slider, which surprisingly gets a lot of batters, and he also has a circle change. He does have B control, unlike most of my pitchers, so that sets him apart, but otherwise not that special.
Sorry for the loooong post. Next time: the hitters!

Post subject: Re: All My Players in MLBPP 2008 [Pitchers]
PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:47 pm 
Intimidator
Intimidator

Favorite Team: Yankees
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
This is awesome, I might use some of these!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:54 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Wow, if only these guys were for PS2.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:49 am 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Didn't know Canada's name was also Aoi.

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:54 am 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Athletics
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
Yeah he did post Aoi twice sloppy sloppy sloppy

.247 is better than .000 if I'm being honest.-BBMan9500

I will always love this place

When there is actually activity again I'll be there!