Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

Posting:

* Individual players should be in their own thread, with the full name of the player and position(s) in the title. Don't add superlatives or any other shout outs to it... we will see your guys...
* If you post a team or a set of players, add players by editing your starting post so they're all in the same post. A bump to announce the edit is appropriate.
* Posting images are fine, provided they are small in dimension and data. 800x600 and ~50Kb should be the biggest you can post inline (using the [IMG] tag), anything larger, post a link or a clickable thumbnail instead.
* If you have wiki rights, add your player(s) and team(s) there as well!
-->

Post subject: JA Happ LHP Starter, Phillies
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:08 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Eric Davis had this:
Code:
Happ J.A. PHI 92 114 8 CUT CHG CB

I consulted 4 scouting reports: Number one:
Quote:
Happ shows some promise. He is six-feet tall, lefthanded, and throws a 90mph fastball. He has consistently posted good minor league numbers and looks like he might translate it to the major league level. Happ owns a tight slider that he uses often. He likes to try and go inside on RHs with it, burying it at their ankles, or throw it away from LHs. Happ will also show a changeup to RHs and mix in a very slow curveball. 8/7/08 CSJ

*fastball(87-92), slider(80-84), changeup(79-82), curve(69-70)

Number two:
Quote:
* His velocity is still consistently in the high 80’s. Last year and the year before there were reports of him hitting 91-94, but according to MLB Gameday, which is the most accurate reading you’ll find, more accurate than the TV guns, he was 87-89 the entire night. What makes that seem faster is the way he hides the ball behind his back, and the fact that he’s very tall and lanky, meaning the ball gets on the hitter quicker because it’s released closer to home plate. This should also be a lesson, don’t always believe the velocity numbers you hear from scouts, they have a reason to embellish at times.

* Happ leaned very heavily on his fastball and changeup. By my quick count, this was his breakdown

Fastball: 57 (61.3%)
Change: 26 (28.0%)
Slider: 9 (9.7%)
Curve: 1 (0.01%)

Number 3

and number 4, wikipedia

Altogether, my goal is:

top speed 90-92
Sld 2
Chg 2
scb 1
Stam high B (he has a few complete games)
Control D
Some strikeout abilities (150ks so far in MLB) - good release, dr k, fastball life - one of those only I think.

Should be easy as pie. Should have him done by midnight tonight. Then on to Ricky Romero. :D

Expansion Mode Challenge!
2008 Real-Life players from Success Mode - Please assist if you have the time!!
Older/dead logs:
Let the Fielders pitch! New log
MLB Life Mode log - OF Ryan Evert, Athletics
Honolulu Heroes Season Log - real-life players join a scrub team! Find out how they do in the AL West!

Post subject: Re: JA Happ LHP Starter, Phillies
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 2:35 am 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
The regular curve's speed was too high, given the scouting - so I indeed changed Happ's curve to a Slow Curve.

Also, since his slider/cutter was indeterminate, I went with an original slider with more Edge, leading to a nice sharp cutter/slider combo.

Stamina didn't get to A, but good enough for me. He took it to Sittch in the final game, piching a 2-2 tie.

Overall, Happ isn't a dominating pitcher, but he's solid enough to be in the rotation and perhaps the blue abilities will help him put up solid numbers.

Enjoy!

Attachments:
DSCN1773.JPG
DSCN1773.JPG [ 52.04 KiB | Viewed 2014 times ]
DSCN1772.JPG
DSCN1772.JPG [ 42.63 KiB | Viewed 2012 times ]
DSCN1771.JPG
DSCN1771.JPG [ 30.12 KiB | Viewed 2011 times ]

Expansion Mode Challenge!
2008 Real-Life players from Success Mode - Please assist if you have the time!!
Older/dead logs:
Let the Fielders pitch! New log
MLB Life Mode log - OF Ryan Evert, Athletics
Honolulu Heroes Season Log - real-life players join a scrub team! Find out how they do in the AL West!