Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next

What Position Should We Upgrade?
Starting Pitcher 27%  27%  [ 3 ]
Relief Pitcher 45%  45%  [ 5 ]
Closer 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Infield 18%  18%  [ 2 ]
Outfield 9%  9%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: Re: Chicago White Sox: Kings of the Windy City
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:04 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Indians
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
aar0nat0r wrote:
Love this log, very interesting

Glad to hear it. I'm definitely using Daiki BTW.

BrewersFuzz wrote:
AND THEN IN A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS CLEVELAND BLOWS THE 3-1 LEAD THIS TIME

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:46 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

January 7, 2008
I'm meeting with Daiki tomorrow. I also get to go to Japan, making it the first foreign country I've ever visited. I got a lot done on the plane ride. I watched a lot of film of Daiki from the Japan Amateur League. From 2005-2007 in the league, he batted .354, with 4 homers and 76 RBI. I also got a hold of his stats from online. His sabermetrical value is very high, but that may not translate to the MLB. Daiki made only 5 errors, and 35 outfield assists. He is more suited to play CF than any other position, but we may use him in left, and move Quentin to right.

January 8, 2008

"Hello, Daiki!" I said via translator.

"Hello, sir. I am honored to have the opportunity to talk to you," Daiki replied.

"Daiki, you are a valuable player. You can do it all, except for hitting them over the fence. You will definitely make a huge impact in America. That is why I am here. Tell me, what would you like in order to come to America!" I said to him.

"I would like a place to live. I need an adequate living space, preferably close to your stadium. I would like a guide to show me around the city, preferably a female. I would like a 6 year deal for a total of 84 million," Daiki told me.

"Daiki, listen. You've never played in America. Let's do a 2 year deal for a total of 14 million," I replied.

"No, no less than what I demanded!" Daiki fired back.

At this I lost my patience. "Daiki! You don't understand US pitching! After the deal is up, I'll give you the long term deal," I fired back.

"The negotiations are over. Surely New York can offer my request. Goodbye," Daiki snapped back.

I went to Japan for nothing it seemed, but as long as another large market team doesn't give him an offer, he'll be willing to sign. I decided to search Japan for assistants to help me build the team.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:59 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Don't Own
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Well damn, Daiki.

My client Viciedo would certainly sign.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 1:11 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

January 9, 2008
I found a guy in Japan who can be critical to our plan's success. Who is he? A failed GM of an NPB team. Hirohito Karihama tried to bring sabermetrics to the NPB. It failed miserably. His team, the Kintetsu Buffaloes were forced to merge with Orix in 2002. The team went 14-128-2. Hirohito was outcast ed from Kintetsu, and has to live in downtown Tokyo as an industrial worker. Hirohito can provide great insight, and many say his style would have definitely worked in the MLB. I organized a meeting with him.

"Hello, Hirohito. How are you today?"

"I'm horrible. Listen, if you want me to help you, the answer is no. I've failed. I'm not going to go back to where I was."

"Your style is perfect for America. Our league is suited for you. Please, I need your help. Plus, you can get out of the factory."

"No, I refuse to go to America. You bombed Hiroshima and Nagasaki. My great uncle was killed! You put my cousins in a concentration camp in your filth hole country! You filthy slime Americans get everything!"

"Hirohito, listen to me. America is not a filth hole! We have lives, jobs, freedoms, anxieties, just like you! We go through good times, hard times, everything! Just please, let me give you the opportunity you deserve!"

"If I come to your country, I expect to be paid. What will you pay me?"

"I'll pay you 200,000 per year, over 2 years. 400,000 total in US Dollars. You can go back home when you're contract is up, or you can stay with us. It's your choice."

"Fine. I accept the terms. Get me a ticket. I'm ready to go."

And so, Hirohito joined the Front Office as the Official Head Scout/Trade Adviser.

Meanwhile, I stayed the week in Tokyo. I was waiting for Daiki to realize that no MLB teams are interested in giving him a long-term deal. I was right. After our discussion, only the Dodgers offered him a deal, worth 1 year/2.5 million. I realized that Daiki would be desperate for an offer. I was thinking about offering him a 2 year/23 million dollar deal. Hirohito did an extensive evaluation, and told me that Daiki was worth a 4 year/45 million dollar deal. If we could get him for much less, he would be a great bargain. We decided to meet with Daiki again. I sent Hirohito on my behalf.

Hirohito reported back to me that Daiki would now only accept a 1 year/12 million dollar deal. I was willing to negotiate. Via telephone communication, I offered Daiki a 2 year/24 million dollar deal. It was like pulling teeth, but Daiki accepted. It was a huge victory for the Front Office. Our next goals were to go to Cuba to negotiate with Dayan Viciedo, and trade Jermaine Dye for relief.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 8:00 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

January 13, 2008
Hirohito and I left for Cuba. We were schedule to meet with LF Dayan Viciedo. Dayan is not going to play in the MLB immediately, as we have a surplus of outfielders. We may try to deal Carlos Quentin, as Dayan is basically the same, but much better. Hopefully this meeting will be more productive than the meeting with Daiki.

''Hello, Dayan. My name is Matthew Ratajczyk, and this is Hirohito Karihama, my assistant. We would really like to have you on the Chicago White Sox. Understand that you may not get to the MLB right away. We have four outfielders at the moment, but if you perform, you'll be brought up. We are offering a 3 year/ 9 million dollar deal. What do you say?"

"Sir, if I am going to come to America, I expect to play in the Major League. If I don't play in the Majors at least for two months, I will leave the team."

"You will, trust me."

"I'll sign, but you better live up to that promise."

"I always keep my promises. Thank you, Dayan.

With this signing, we basically are forced to trade Dye. This is a great chance to get relief. We may also deal Quentin for some more relief. This signing opens up many possibilities.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 1:28 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

January 17, 2008
Today, the daily meeting got intense. My other assistant, Emily, is upset that her job is now only to manage funds.

"Hello, Emily. Long time no see. My international trip was successful, we signed Daiki and Dayan "Tank" Viciedo."

"That's great, but who's this guy?"

"He's Hirohito, my new trade adviser/ analytic expert. He's gonna help us build this team."

"Matt, can I speak to you in private? What are you doing? I'm the assistant, not this dork!"

"Hey, Emily! Calm down, will ya? This guy can really help our team's goal. He is known is the Bill James of Japan. Trust me on this!"

"Since when were you a sabermetrics guy? I thought this team was gonna be built on a balance of talent."

"That's what sabermetrics is, Emily. We're gonna find the right mix of talent and value, using sabermetrics."

"When you get fired, don't blame me. We gotta be on the same page, OK? The Front Office is a team too you know...

"I know, just trust me. Hirohito is our guy. Hey, Hirohito! Explain what we're going to do to Emily."

"Miss, our goal here is to balance stars with high value players. The Oakland Athletics failed in this department, as they dumped all of their stars for unproven guys, based on sabermetrics. We aren't gonna get rid of our stars, such as Paul Konerko or Jim Thome, but instead, we're gonna build around them using sabermetrics. It's a perfect idea! We can find great, unknown players while still having stars on our team! That's how we found Daiki Hirayama and Dayan Viciedo. We can compete this year if we continue our theory."

"So what do you say Emily?"

"Doesn't sound that bad after all. This idea may work, but what is my job in this?"

"Your job is to manage the funds and promotions. You need to make sure we can carry out or plan."

"Ok, sounds fine. Sorry for the commotion."

"Good. Now let's build a winner!"

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 2:01 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

January 20, 2008
I've never wrote about my life outside of baseball in this journal, have I? Well, I better explain my life. I'm 23 years old, live with my girlfriend, and used to be one of the top High School prospects, but playing the game wasn't as fun for me as it once was. I still loved baseball, but playing it was just a drag. I decided I wanted to be a GM. When I quit baseball, it was 2002. The A's were implementing sabermetrics with Billy Beane and Paul DePodesta. I was instantly paying attention to the team, listening to interviews, watching their games, and eventually I got a chance to have a chat with Billy Beane for my class project. He told me everything about sabermetrics. My project was featured in a magazine, and the A's offered me a Summer internship in 2003. I definitely accepted. I really enjoyed it, and I learned everything a GM does. I was accepted to my dream college, Northwestern, in 2004. I topped my class in sports management, and was granted another Summer internship, this time with the White Sox. I was lucky enough to get the internship in 2005, when the White Sox won the World Series. Many guys on the 2008 team were also on the Sox in '05, such as Paul Konerko, Joe Crede, and AJ Pierzynski. The White Sox promised to give me a position after I graduated. I had no idea that it would be GM. I took summer internships again in 2006 and 2007, and graduated in 2007. I was then offered my position. That's how I got to where I am now.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:31 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

3/24/2008
*There was nothing really to write about, so I skipped two months.

Opening Day is almost here. I had to set my lineup/rotation.

Lineup W/DH:
1. Hirayama CF
2. Cabrera 2B
3. Swisher RF
4. Konerko 1B
5. Thome DH
6. Newhan LF
7. Pierzynski C
8. Crede 3B
9. Uribe SS

Lineup W/O DH:
1. Hirayama CF
2. Cabrera 2B
3. Swisher RF
4. Konerko 1B
5. Pierzynski C
6. Newhan LF
7. Crede 3B
8. Uribe SS
9. Pitcher

Rotation:
1. Buerhle
2. Vazquez
3. Contreas
4. Danks
5. Floyd
LR Logan
MR Dotel
MR Embree
MR Masset
SU Thornton
SU Linebrink
SU Duchscherer
CL Jenks

AAA Charlotte Knights
MR Wasserman
SU MacDougal
MR G. Lee
LR G. Snyder
MR G. Bautista
2B Richar
LF G. Hart
LF Viciedo
CF G. Floyd
SP Richard
2B White
3B G. Wood
3B Dillon
1B Johnson
SS J. Castro
RF Ruggiano
CF Jimerson
SS A. Ramirez

We also were looking to trade Jermaine Dye and Carlos Quentin. I talked to my mentor, Billy Beane.

MR: Hello, Billy. How are you?

BB: I'm great. New season, new opportunities, everything. What do you wanna talk about?

MR: Billy, I need relievers. You need outfielders. This is the perfect deal for us. I'll give you Dye and Quentin, you give me Duchscherer and Embree. I'll also throw in 1000 points. What do you say?

BB: Matt, this is perfect. Let me inform my Front Office, and we should have a deal!

MR: Great! Thanks!

3/25/2008

BB: Matt, great news! I've accepted the trade. This is a great deal for both sides.

MR: Alright! Hopefully we both finish well this year!

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:32 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

I'm also doing agents, so comment who you want.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:35 pm 
Ace
Ace

Favorite Team: Rays
Console '07: Wii and PS2
I'll take Hirayama and Viciedo

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:42 pm 
Prospect
Prospect

Favorite Team: Pirates
Swisher and Konerko

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 3:46 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Agents:
Aar0nat0r: Hirayama, Viciedo
The King: Swisher, Konerko
AgentP: Logan, Richar

BrewersFuzz wrote:

Last edited by GoTwins24 on Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:21 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

3/31/2008
The day had finally arrived. Opening Day. The flight to Cleveland seemed to take forever. All of the guys were bursting with excitement.

Chicago White Sox @ Cleveland Indians

I arrived at Progressive Field at 1:05, two hours before the game. I was also an Indians fan growing up, and had been to their games many times. It was rainy, but not hard enough to cause a delay. I sat down in my special box seat, and the game was underway. Daiki struck out in his first at-bat. Jim Thome doubled against his former club, giving us a 2-0 advantage. In the bottom half, Buehrle got into a jam, but pitched out of it. In the 3rd, Cabrera hit a bloop single, scoring Daiki Hirayama from second. It was silent until the 6th, when Konerko homered to right, extending our lead to 4. In the next inning, Cabrera grounded into a fielder's choice, scoring a run. Konerko hit his second homer of the game in the 6th, and gave us a 6-0 hold. Nick Masset came in, and Cleveland capitalized. Cleveland put up five runs on Masset, but Scott Linebrink stopped the bleeding. Bobby Jenks mowed the Tribe down in the final inning, and we were able to pull out a 6-5 victory.

W- Buehrle 1-0
S- Jenks 1
L- Sabathia 0-1
HR: Konerko 1,2

Hirayama 3-4
Cabrera 1-5, 2 RBI
Swisher 1-4
Konerko 3-4, 2 HR
Thome 1-4, 2 RBI
Newhan 1-4
Pierzynski 3-4
Crede 0-4
Uribe 2-4
Buehrle 7 IP, 5 H, 12 K, 0 ER
Masset 0 IP, 6 H, 0 K, 5 ER
Linebrink 1 IP, 0 H, 1 K, 0 ER
Jenks 1 IP, 0 H, 0 K, 0 ER

Our pitching was great, except for Massset. I'm really excited for the rest of the year.

BrewersFuzz wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 4:32 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
Boone Logan and Danny Richar, please

yeah that log's dead too- i mean on hiatus (yes that one too) (seriously all of them now lol) (haha unless...?)

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

Second Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 5:16 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Athletics
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
What happened to the other free agents

.247 is better than .000 if I'm being honest.-BBMan9500

I will always love this place

When there is actually activity again I'll be there!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 136 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next