Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for discussion of anything EXCEPT MLB Power Pros, if your post does not belong here it will be moved. Thank you.
-->

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1761 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 118  Next

Would you write or read a school log?
Yes 61%  61%  [ 27 ]
No 39%  39%  [ 17 ]
Total votes : 44
 Post subject: Re: How is school?
PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 1:37 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Console '08: Wii and PS2
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
My schedule and grades

1st - Spanish III - A - 97% - It's been an easy class so far, so I think I'll probably take AP Spanish next year.
2nd - Precalculus - A- - 91% - Precalculus has been pretty easy for me, but I got a B- on a test that dropped my grade quite a bit. So now I'm kinda worried about it.
3rd - English 11 - A - 98% - I had to take the core English class, because AP Lit wouldn't fit in my schedule, so now I'm stuck taking an extremely easy/boring class with a bunch of idiots.
4th - AP US History - A - 94% - This has been my most difficult class, because the teacher absolutely sucks at teaching, and the only reason she teaches at my school is because she's the principal's daughter. I'm really worried about the AP exam.
5th - AP Statistics - A - 96% - I've really liked this class a lot, and it has really opened up my interests in stats.
6th - Bible 11 - A - 99% - Pretty easy class really.
7th - Drama - A - 99% - I HAD to take a fine art, and I didn't wanna take art, so I just decided to take drama for the easy A.

GPA : 4.257...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:12 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Mets
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Jeez what are you, RANGERS?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 4:20 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Console '07: Don't Own
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
Favorite Japanese title: (Vita) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2012
First marking period's over..

Advanced Math 97% (A) - this isn't really a normal math class, was about voting and spreadsheets to start. now we're learning circuits & graphing them. thank god I never got to Calc or Trig or something.

Phys Ed 92% (A) - straightforward. we went through softball (finally) and badminton, on to volleyball again. gonna be inside for all of the winter, so that's good.

Spanish IV Honors 82% (B) - kinda surprised at how low this is, but it's passing honors so whatever. I thought I've been doing pretty good. anyway, talking to that girl in this class is more important to me right now :3

English IV 93% (A) - Mrs. Fudala's a great teacher, but I'm like the only who participates in class haha. so far not bad and I enjoy it, but we'll see when essay time comes around.

English III 82% (B) - I tend to not care about this since I'm only in it through failing freshman year (didn't do my essay+presentation). But I do have to take it seriously to make up for the mistake. That starts with the argument essay due mid-December.

Sports Marketing/Mgmt. 82% (B) - Had Mrs. Blash 3 out of 4 years for FinLit, MultiMedia, now this. Wasn't what I was expecting out of the course but it's alright and fairly easy.

Lab Physics 71% (C) - If I somehow pass this class that'd be a miracle. Don't know why I decided to do it (instead of anatomy or a different science elective) since it's soooo math-involved, and I'm horrible at math. The labs and homework reinforce pretty bad test grades. If it drops back under 70% I'll have to start coming for help during our free time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
overall, not awful. the only classes I dislike are English 3 & Physics. I'm expecting those middling 82s to go up soon.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:14 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Rangers
ZeroGibson13 wrote:
GPA : 4.257...
weeeeeeeeeeak

philliesfan134 wrote:
Lab Physics 71% (C) - If I somehow pass this class that'd be a miracle. Don't know why I decided to do it (instead of anatomy or a different science elective) since it's soooo math-involved, and I'm horrible at math. The labs and homework reinforce pretty bad test grades. If it drops back under 70% I'll have to start coming for help during our free time.
I'm good at math and I still hated that class. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

yeah that log's dead too- i mean on hiatus (yes that one too) (seriously all of them now lol) (haha unless...?)

"All people are good for something. The important thing is finding what." - Tom

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:
i think we banned him cause he was an idiot
glad i never got banned for that

Second Member of the 10,000 Post Cult

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 8:11 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
Anyone else here getting bad grades too

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:09 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Athletics
Console '07: Wii and PS2
LetsGoMets77 wrote:
Jeez what are you, RANGERS?

Got a problem with me tryharding school? :lol:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2017 and 2018 MLBPPW Fantasy Football League Champion

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2015 9:44 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
Prediction wrote:

ya lol

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 13, 2015 1:01 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Phillies
Powerprosfan31 wrote:
Prediction wrote:

ya lol

Idek tbh. My entire life is quite the *(censored)* at the moment.

Image Image

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:15 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
Well, my grades are doing OK heading toward the tail end of the semester. My grade in Biology is hovering around a B, while the only real assignments left for my Women in Western Past class are my final paper and the take-home final exam. The officiating class I'm taking is actually boring as hell, and not helping matters is that it's 4 hours long on a Saturday, which my instructor is puzzled at as well, as it's a 2-credit class.

I'm going back for a final-final semester at the Community College, so then I'll be at the 4-year college next fall, hopefully with scholarships in tow. ;)

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:49 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

So I just finished my critical analysis (CA) for AP Lit over John Irving's A Prayer for Owen Meany (a very good novel, albeit a rather long one at a robust 627 pages). The assignment was broken up into five sections as follows:

1) Plot Summary -- one-page plot summary of the book
2) Character Analysis -- short essay analyzing the techniques the author uses (in a specific passage of your choosing) to give the reader information about a character or characters
3) Style Analysis -- short essay analyzing the techniques the author uses (in a specific passage of your choosing) basically just the passage that stands out stylistically
4) Annotated Bibliography -- minimum 1-page annotation for each of a minimum 7 sources, all but 1 of which must be from a database-type source (Gale, EBSCO Host, etc.)
5) Critical Response -- minimum 5-page essay about a topic of your choosing related to the book

Mine turned out to be 26 pages in length. Hopefully I get a decent grade on it -- it's probably one of the hardest assignments I've ever had just because of all of the work that went into it (reading book, picking passages, writing about passages, doing research, writing essay, etc.)

yeah that log's dead too- i mean on hiatus (yes that one too) (seriously all of them now lol) (haha unless...?)

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 2:22 am 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Blue Jays
Paul McCartney15 wrote:
Powerprosfan31 wrote:
Prediction wrote:

ya lol

Idek tbh. My entire life is quite the *(censored)* at the moment.

Same
AgentP wrote:
So I just finished my critical analysis (CA) for AP Lit over John Irving's A Prayer for Owen Meany (a very good novel, albeit a rather long one at a robust 627 pages). The assignment was broken up into five sections as follows:

2) Character Analysis -- short essay analyzing the techniques the author uses (in a specific passage of your choosing) to give the reader information about a character or characters
3) Style Analysis -- short essay analyzing the techniques the author uses (in a specific passage of your choosing) basically just the passage that stands out stylistically
4) Annotated Bibliography -- minimum 1-page annotation for each of a minimum 7 sources, all but 1 of which must be from a database-type source (Gale, EBSCO Host, etc.)
5) Critical Response -- minimum 5-page essay about a topic of your choosing related to the book

Mine turned out to be 26 pages in length. Hopefully I get a decent grade on it -- it's probably one of the hardest assignments I've ever had just because of all of the work that went into it (reading book, picking passages, writing about passages, doing research, writing essay, etc.)

Wow that sounds like a grind! I'd be really happy with myself after finishing that.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:00 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Prediction wrote:
AgentP wrote:

Wow that sounds like a grind! I'd be really happy with myself after finishing that.

It was quite a lot of work, it's the reason I hadn't been very active on here recently because of all the time I had to put into it but it was quite satisfying when I finished it. :D

BrewersFuzz wrote:
PEDs wrote:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:03 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

sometimes I think life after school is easier - deadlines are fuzzier, your job can be a breeze, you get days off without anything looming over you…a lot of great things. Heck, the money is fantastic - it's like, endless! Go anywhere, do anything, yay.

But then I think about how freeing it would be to not have to worry about taxes, bills, mortgages, retirement, taking care of old/sick/poor parents…where the biggest responsibility would be a huge project that you got a big fat A on.

I'm not sure which is easier, really. Both have their plusses.

The only school I do now is Khan Academy, besides practicing bass and guitar I guess. Oh and lots of reading.

Expansion Mode Challenge!
2008 Real-Life players from Success Mode - Please assist if you have the time!!
Older/dead logs:
Let the Fielders pitch! New log
MLB Life Mode log - OF Ryan Evert, Athletics
Honolulu Heroes Season Log - real-life players join a scrub team! Find out how they do in the AL West!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:01 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Somebody at school got stabbed today after 1st period

Are you saying it's wrong to talk to a bag of Skittles? Because if so, I'm going to need to rethink a lot of things. :P
BrewersFuzz wrote:
Powerprosfan31 wrote:
What do twelve year olds do with girlfriends?
Give them ringpops and let them cut up to their spot in line during lunch.
NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS 2017 SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS mutha *(censored)*!
Dishnetkid is a heretic who must be burned

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 1:36 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Team: Indians
SkittleMonster wrote:
Somebody at school got stabbed today after 1st period

Your school is the #2 trend on Facebook, and is also *(censored)* up.

BrewersFuzz wrote:
AND THEN IN A SHOCKING TURN OF EVENTS CLEVELAND BLOWS THE 3-1 LEAD THIS TIME

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1761 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 101, 102, 103, 104, 105, 106, 107 ... 118  Next