Power Pros Forum

A community-run forum for Power Pros
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum rules

This forum is for discussion of anything EXCEPT MLB Power Pros, if your post does not belong here it will be moved. Thank you.
-->

Post subject: The State and History of MLBppworld
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:50 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Red Sox
Console '07: Nintendo Wii
Console '08: Wii and DS
Well I might as well do this since this site has changed without many people talking about it

It all started on Jaunuary 22, 2008 when a fellow named darkshade came around and decided to build a site based on power pros 2007 which was a popular game. Guys started coming 1 by 1 and then guys like Wyl, Marvin Card, Maxsterling, Odwali, Duke, J-Gao, Ian, Randyjohnson MrSims, Smilingfaces among others started to build this site. It's first big thread was a thread where you post all of your success characters.

Soon enough this site learned the news of MLB Power Pros 2008 and the site soared from there which featured guys such as Lanceberkman, Longball, Apple, chicubsfan, Dr.Mario, Mike, Chief, me_and_lucy, deathjohnson/cooldude, cownip and current all-time posts leader Stevenjackson39(commonly known as sjax) and all joined around the release of power pros 2008 which was the summer time and then later on in the fall people like me(jacobye46), ericdavis, Dr.K and dishnetkid joined.

This site featured its best moments looking for gyroballs, intimidator and everything in between keeping this site busy for much of 2008 but 2009 was somewhat different for this site. It featured a lot of new well know members such as powerprojunior, gocubs, redsoxman, lightningman, robdeisel, yankeesbros, chipotr, zumikaku, sms12 and bobbybaseball. This year after a joke by heyhey we learned for real that there would be no Power Pros in 2009. We all had a revolt against 2ksports but that didn't work well at all

So we all just tried to figure out how to get along with this and we did, and then mlbppworld faced its biggest problem, spam. MLBppworld was a top class forum but fell down through spamming and reverted for awhile into a kids playpen. Sms kind of reaked havoc and it was something we faced for some time, but he's calmed down since. Dr. Mario planned to lead us through it and he did for some time and stop people from double posting, fighting and just raising your post count. It's kind of reverted back to now but thats a story for later on

But mlbppworld did have some bright moments, season mode logs caught fire when Dr.Mario started one for a time and then died to resurrect for another period of time, in other words it was a trend that died and caught fire again. MLB dugout heros was popular for awhile but then it was simyard that changed everything. A lot of people got into it as gocubs introduced it and now at this moment it's at its highest and has taken over the site(not to say that in a bad way).

There have also been power leagues, jeopardy, games, fantasy leagues and other things as big moments or not so big moments. January 22 was the anniversary and was celebrated as a party on January 22 2008 and in less than 25 days it will come again, but with a different group.

Because of 2ksports inability to make MLB Power Pros 2009, this site lost ALOT of key members. Guys like goodways and chee were able to give us some moments of Japanese Power Pros but they haven't been on along with a lot of well-known lovable guys. At this point we've only really seen me, sjax, dishnetkid, bobbybaseball, lightningman, zumi, robDesiel, me_and_lucy, powerprojr and some others that I know we're missing

In 2009 it has been an odd year, capped by no power pros 2009, simyard, the resurection of logs, a fight to become mod after they all left, lack of former active posters, spam and fights and it's sad to see it end that way

At it's state now, simyard is whats keeping this place alive. Lately we've seem fights and people overcorrecting people on common mistakes. This place may need mods, but more importantly we need a leader(not to mention power pros 2010 is the only thing to save this place)

Let's hope for a better 2010

and I'm sorry if I forgot to include anyone, this was enough as it is

Last edited by jacobye46 on Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: The State and History of MLBppworld
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:05 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Braves
Console '08: Sony PS2
Well you learn something new every day. Bet that took you a long time to type! You forgot the whole "Joker" Episode. But I appricate this and hope that 2k will own up this year and produce after that fail of a year last year. But lets celebrate this site's aniversary to its earnest! PARTY LIKES IT SUMMER OF 2008!!!! :danceparty:

"You know the key to running a convicing bluff? Its, every once in a while, you've got to be holding all the cards."
-Ian, to Ben, in National Treasure

"Not all leader are elected, Finn. Some just rise to the occassion."
-Wayne, to Finn, in the book Kingdom Keepers II by Ridley Pearson

LET'S GO GAMECOCKS!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:08 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

I couldn't agree more about the party like its 2008 summer thing, people have been thinking lately that this is only a forum and should mean nothing. But some people like me think of it as an aftertime and something to do in spare time so why not party and get this place somewhat excited

And I'm sure I missed a lot in there and correct me if I did

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:11 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Cubs
Console '08: Nintendo Wii
What about the RickRoll, that kid who RickRolled us with a YouTube video titled "MLBPOWERPROS 2009 IS COMING" or something like that

Add me on things:
Steam: PacmanAteMe
League of Legends: PacmanAteMe
PSN: hawkey12347

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:13 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

eh that stuff kind of goes under spam. It was an interesting moment but maybe not a moment that should go up there because it didn't do much, same with jokester except he was kind of interesting..

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:44 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Giants
Favorite Japanese title: (DS) Nettou! Powerful Koushien
One big thing you forgot as a scandal, probably the biggest one, is the Search for Gyroball 2008.
Well-written though... :cry:

"I accept that other people have different preferences. Even when those preferences include facial tattoos and stretch pants constructed from sufficient material to shelter a small village. And their livestock. Some men enjoy dancing with other men without their tops on while others prefer the company of a woman two KFC family buckets away from upsetting the planet's rotational axis."
-David Thorne

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 6:49 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Console '07: Sony PS2
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
lets not forget,the 3 days the website was down..

EDIT: http://mlbppworld.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=3294&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=spam
might i refer you to this...

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:15 pm 
Power Pro Legend
Power Pro Legend

Favorite Japanese title: (PS3) Jikkyou Powerful Pro Yakyuu 2011
I wish that I was a part of (or even knew about) this website in its prime. Don't get me wrong I still like it now, but to see what it was back then would've been nice... I hope 2010 will be it's year to bounce back up to the top!

Go 2010! :jump2:

Money can't buy life

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:38 am 
AAA Starter
AAA Starter

Favorite Team: Yankees
Console '07: Wii and PS2
Thanks for posting that story, jacobye46. I've been visiting for about a year and finally became a member not too long ago. I sure hope MLBPP2010 comes out this year so that we can have more people come in and/or have new topics to discuss. Oh yeah, can't forget the "corrupt-a-wish" thread!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:05 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Yankees
Hey, just wanted to check in and say hi. I check out the forums once every couple of weeks, see if there is any news. I have to admit, when I saw the thread, I thought it was going to be very cheesy haha. But nice job with it. It was a pretty nice read, you're a good writer. And you've definetly sound more mature and like a better writer then when I was more active. By the way, I really don't see MLB Power Pros (Insert Year) coming out till after the 2k license is over. There losing a huge amount of money from the license, it alone is causing the buisness to have a negative profit in an otherwise profitable company. That's 2012. So let's hope then that someone else picks it up, maybe even Power Pros themselves (versus borrowing from 2K. My guess is that it will be sold on a case by case basis then. Let's hope so). Any way, glad to see the site is still being kept alive, if only slightly. See ya around

- When you come to a fork in the road, take it.
- When asked if he wanted a pizza cut into 4/8 slices, Yogi responds with "Better cut it into 4, I don't think I could eat 8."
-Always go to other peoples' funerals otherwise they won't go to yours.
-I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.
-In theory there is no difference between theory and practice. In practice there is.
-It's tough to make predictions, especially about the future.
I'm on vacation for about a month.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:46 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Favorite Team: Nationals
Favorite Japanese title: (PSP) Power Pro Success Legends
Hi guys just checking in also. Ammmm what can I say, I have been a lil lazy on my part. With the 2009 tread with success mode pic's. My reason being that I recently rejoined the Army (had a 3 year break in service), moved to colorado springs, and have been just getting myself physically/mentally ready. For my brigades deployment to afghanistan this coming spring. I've also been studying for the E5/Sergeant board here in the Army which takes a great amount of my time. Now believe me I love the Power Pro franchise and I'm always excited to share new photo's and new games that come out in japan. But this tread has inspired me to continue the 2009 success mode follow up I've started.

Thx for listening guys :D :D :D :D :D
:lol: Long Live Power Pro :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:59 pm 
All-Star
All-Star

Favorite Team: Braves
Just wanted to note that today is the 2 year aniversary of PPworld. Nobody has really celebrated it yet so LETS PARTY :danceparty:

"You know the key to running a convicing bluff? Its, every once in a while, you've got to be holding all the cards."
-Ian, to Ben, in National Treasure

"Not all leader are elected, Finn. Some just rise to the occassion."
-Wayne, to Finn, in the book Kingdom Keepers II by Ridley Pearson

LET'S GO GAMECOCKS!!!!!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:04 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

wow you're right! Everyone was counting it down for like 3 weeks last year and now we have to be reminded on the day

But happy anniversery everyone(all 8 of us left) lets hope for a new power pros this year

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:24 pm 
Community Manager
Community Manager

Favorite Team: Tigers
Favorite Japanese title: (Wii) Jikkyou Powerful Major League 2009
*noisemaker*

Happy Anniversary! Long live Power Pros!

"Another year older, another year better at Power Pros!" -Me
"Best way to get laid: Tell her you're the community manager of a baseball video game forum." -SkittleMonster
"The Chronicles of Dish's Love Life. I'd read it." -BrewersFuzz
"Find a way to be alone in a baseball stadium at sunrise, when the only sound you hear are about nine birds that got lost, and found themselves in a stadium, and they’re chirping across the grandstand trying to figure out where the *(censored)* they ended up." -Dan Besbris

Twitter: @robtoml_statman

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:55 pm 
Wiki Contributor
Wiki Contributor

Console '07: Sony PS2
Favorite Japanese title: Don't Own
WOOT!